THE BROWNS BOARD

Cardinals release WR DeAndre Hopkins

Brownsfan92

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

So you are going to go back 30 years to talk about tony jones?  You are forgetting a lot of guys before and since.

Playing is how guys develop...and some guys don't develop because they aren't all that good..

Heck, in some ways Wills has gone back in his play.  So much for the OL coach making him better.

Now for your 2nd points above.   Have you ever participated in an Okie Drill or even seen one?  You play when you practice and you'd know that if you ever played.  On all levels, you prove yourself worthy of starting or situational reps in practice first before you can be trusted in a game.  Then you have scrimmages and preseason games.

Are you really blaming the Oline Coach for the lack of passion Wills plays with?  Seems to me guys like Pocic, Teller, Bitonio and Conklin (who's played through injuries) all play with enough passion to make coaches, teammates and fans confident in them.  @tiamat63 and me looked at some film of Wills a couple months ago. We looked at a 3rd year guy that couldn't even get in a good stance on a consistent basis.  ANY Offensive Lineman that wants to succeed gets this down first or he's going to run into a lot of trouble with his base and footwork.  This impacts his positioning, balance and if he's vulnerable to over extension.   When I played and then later coached at the high school level, we spent a lot of time on stances and starts.  Football is all about getting there 1st especially on the OL.  Having said that, you also have to do this with an ideal pad height and good base.  

We agree experience is important for however long that'll last...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Now for your 2nd points above.   Have you ever participated in an Okie Drill or even seen one?  You play when you practice and you'd know that if you ever played.  On all levels, you prove yourself worthy of starting or situational reps in practice first before you can be trusted in a game.  Then you have scrimmages and preseason games.

Are you really blaming the Oline Coach for the lack of passion Wills plays with?  Seems to me guys like Pocic, Teller, Bitonio and Conklin (who's played through injuries) all play with enough passion to make coaches, teammates and fans confident in them.  @tiamat63 and me looked at some film of Wills a couple months ago. We looked at a 3rd year guy that couldn't even get in a good stance on a consistent basis.  ANY Offensive Lineman that wants to succeed gets this down first or he's going to run into a lot of trouble with his base and footwork.  This impacts his positioning, balance and if he's vulnerable to over extension.   When I played and then later coached at the high school level, we spent a lot of time on stances and starts.  Football is all about getting there 1st especially on the OL.  Having said that, you also have to do this with an ideal pad height and good base.  

We agree experience is important for however long that'll last...

Yes,I have.

You make my point.  Those guys don't get to play.  Running in an Okie, hamburger, or what ever name you want to use isn't playing. Practice isn't playing.  That is why I say the NFL doesn't develop players.  They plug and play players.

Some may not play year one...but the benefit of that year is mostly going through the NFL routine.  So in that respect it is development.

32 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Yes,I have.

You make my point.  Those guys don't get to play.  Running in an Okie, hamburger, or what ever name you want to use isn't playing. Practice isn't playing.  That is why I say the NFL doesn't develop players.  They plug and play players.

Some may not play year one...but the benefit of that year is mostly going through the NFL routine.  So in that respect it is development.

Okay.  Here's a video that sums up our time together in this conversation:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, syd said:

haahah you so funny. maybe some day you will come up with something new 

And maybe one day you'll find courage and quit drinking... But somehow.. I doubt it

35 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

And we don't need to be giving some dude in his twilight a payday...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, nickers said:

And we don't need to be giving some dude in his twilight a payday...

I don't think he's a Dwayne Bowe, but unless DW is lobbying hard for him, I don't see the benefit. Great hands, yes but the salary cap stuff worries me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

I'm thinking D Hop is looking for a payday, not a contender, or he'd be signed by now. 

I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

I bet he doesn't want to contend with TC.....and waits a while.  ( IOW, he's gonna sign with someone tomorrow )  

TC? I'm drawing a blank...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Orion said:

Training Camp

Lol, well that went way over my head. I was trying to think of a player with those initials...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I can see this... ^^ but,

the sun will rise on a Friday where the Nfl likes to steal the weekend headlines..

The Browns will also wake-up with over 13M in cap space.. I'd still like to fill 2 bigger needs...

a) The Chargers told veteran LB/DE Kyle Van Noy to stop the run as a FA with a new team..

b) Jim Schwartz knows  FA DT N. Suh or* Panthers DT FA Matt Ioannidis is age 29

I'm thinking Suh & Van Noy improves 2 bigger needs getting both under 13M..  have at it..here's a FA list

https://overthecap.com/free-agency

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The Browns will also wake-up with over 13M in cap space.

I was kinda' thinking that we're done with big player signings....but we'll see if the money is burning a hole in someone's pocket.

22 hours ago, Orion said:

I was kinda' thinking that we're done with big player signings....but we'll see if the money is burning a hole in someone's pocket.

I've seen projections that the Browns will start over the cap, by over -61 million $ in 2024.. 31st of 32 teams

Deal Andrew Berry ?

f8bi39QaEsJBOyVOFB.gif   

edit---- 

click 2024 FA's https://overthecap.com/free-agency/cleveland-brown

click 2024 team cap https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I've seen projections that the Browns will start over the cap, by over -61 million $ in 2024.. 31st of 32 teams

Deal Andrew Berry ?

f8bi39QaEsJBOyVOFB.gif                    

ALL IN ...... baby !

Each of those FA's is a different contract.

Look at the dead values for ZDS for a post-June 1 cut vs the pre-June 1 cut.

In short, if ZDS isn't resigned, he'll be listed as a post June1 cut next season.. resulting in a total of 1.8 dead in each of 2024, 2025, 2026, and 2027 because why not.  Big upfront value leading to scare quotes, sprinkles in reality.

Same analysis for the rest of the list, just different values for each player

3 hours ago, Orion said:

hmm....might need to get that superbowl victory this year then.

Yeah ......  and dust off my old '65 Ford Mustang for the SB 58 parade.    

........  oh right I sold it in 1971,  got tired of waiting.    :lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah ......  and dust off my old '65 Ford Mustang for the SB 58 parade.    

........  oh right I sold it in 1971,  got tired of waiting.    :lol:

Here's a nice 55 T-Bird that was parked in our neighbors drive way a year ago!

T-Bird Back.jpg

T-Bird.jpg

T-Bird Front.jpg

• Thanks 1

Also...some remember...getting the wheel well off usually wasn't all that hard, but getting it back was a bitch.

That push out and up, then back and down on the lever in synch with the up down and in on the actual well was frustrating, especially as rust and road grim had accumulated.

On 5/31/2023 at 9:41 PM, nickers said:

And maybe one day you'll find courage and quit drinking..

On 6/1/2023 at 10:14 PM, syd said:

On 6/1/2023 at 3:41 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Apparently "spare time" is quite the thing around here. LOL!😁

Apparently this is what happens on page 3, waiting on D-Hop team news goes into week 2 ? 

Sunday 🥁  hobby entry,

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2023 at 9:20 PM, ballpeen said:

That push out and up, then back and down on the lever in synch with the up down and in on the actual well was frustrating, especially as rust and road grim had accumulated.

Did you save a pic of yours?  Sounds like you had one.

14 hours ago, Orion said:

Did you save a pic of yours?  Sounds like you had one.

LOL....lord no.  I was just talking about the wheel well covers.  You had to take them off to change the tire.  My car in question was a 1966 Pontic wagon.  An older beater with thin tires, so I had to change more than a few flats!  LOL

It did run well, so there is that.  Not much for style, but it did the job.

• Like 1