THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ 💕 END GUARDIANS 2023  ★ SECOND HALF ★ - JULY 13 - season's end OCTOBER 1, 2023 💕

mjp28

▪︎ 2023  💕  GUARDIANS   ★ SECOND HALF ★   July 14  now.       - JULY 13 -     to the season's end on   OCTOBER  1,  2023 !    🇺🇸   🎃

~  And the quest for a second  consecutive  ▪︎ AL CENTRAL Championship  ▪︎  continues ......

(Stay tuned, this thread opens real soon !  ♥︎ )       ☆  SECOND HALF  ☆  IS     UNLOCKED AND READY TO GO  !    JULY  13,  2023.  :D 

■□■    Schedules  to follow soon.  ■□■

20230601_103000-1.jpeg

• Like 2

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 2023 💕 GUARDIANS   ★ SECOND HALF ★   July 14, 2023 to the 2023 season's end.
  • mjp28 pinned this topic
  • mjp28 unlocked this topic

☆  SECOND HALF  ☆  IS OPEN,  JULY 13, 2023.   Schedules to follow soon.       :D  

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 2023 💕 GUARDIANS   ★ SECOND HALF ★   July 14 now - JULY 13 - 2023 to the 2023 season's end.

~  My email on the  Guardians  Schedule  off of the  ALL-STAR  BREAK  that I sent to my friends,  neighbors,  family and others ...... and to you all.   Enjoy. 

Hi Tom,  Jim and Mike and everyone else. 

Wednesday got my TV remote fixed by Armstrong,  really sick Wednesday and Thursday hope to better Friday.  My hip, back really sore.

●  Hope to watch Guardians Friday  @ TEX  at 8:05  Saturday  at 4:05   Sunday  at 2:35.   Then OFF to PITTSBURGH.   MONDAY at 7:05.  Tuesday  at 7:05   and Wednesday  2:05.   Then back HOME AGAIN  back to Cleveland,    - OFF DAY  THURSDAY JULY 20 -  then (3) Friday versus PHIL   and (3) versus  KC ......  WHEW !

- GO GUARDIANS ! - 

[ NOTICE:  ★★  SCHEDULE CHANGE IN 3rd GAME  ADDED ESPN+ AND START TIME CHANGE. SEE NOTE BELOW.  ]

[  NOTICE   ONE SCHEDULE CHANGE ALREADY  the CLE @ PIT 3rd game on ESPN+ now. ]

★★ One schedule change already  -->  the 3rd CLE at PIT game ..... IS NOW ON ESPN+ and at 12:25 EDST (not 2:05).......  The "get-away game "  Civale versus Hill pitching..... That is all.    mjp.

images (10).jpeg

[  NOTICE   ONE SCHEDULE CHANGE ALREADY  the CLE @ PIT 3rd game on ESPN+ now. ]

★★ One schedule change already  -->  the 3rd CLE at PIT game ..... IS NOW ON ESPN+ and at 12:25 EDST (not 2:05).......  The "get-away game "  Civale versus Hill pitching..... That is all.  mjp.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Guardians played in Pittsburgh on the weekend, I probably would have gone to a game. PNC is a great park.

Bieber has an achy arm. Keep tuned. 

PNC is indeed a nice baseball park ..... way better than the cookie cutter previous lousy MLB deal.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

PNC is indeed a nice baseball park ..... way better than the cookie cutter previous lousy MLB deal.

Yeah, I went to one Pirates game at Three Rivers back in '98, that was plenty.

Had all the atmosphere of a Dollar General. 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, I went to one Pirates game at Three Rivers back in '98, that was plenty.

Had all the atmosphere of a Dollar General. 

I saw a LOT in the 70s Lumber Company days and more in the 80s.  Enough. 

GAME  91 here tonight  CLE (45-45) still very much in this division. 

My back is still killing me, I hope to get my stats caught up soon.   Perfect break time.

I was counting on Cleveland to knock off Texas yesterday to keep the Astros 2 back. But baseball is a funny game. Rangers clock the Guardians and the Astros came back down 0-2 to Ohtani and the Angels to win it 7-5. The Japanese Babe Ruth is a fun one to watch, even when he loses.

45 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was counting on Cleveland to knock off Texas yesterday to keep the Astros 2 back. But baseball is a funny game. Rangers clock the Guardians and the Astros came back down 0-2 to Ohtani and the Angels to win it 7-5. The Japanese Babe Ruth is a fun one to watch, even when he loses.

If he ends up going to a team in the Eastern Time Zone (or Central) he's going to be a megastar. 

As much of a unicorn he is, a lot of people have barely actually seen him because he's been in the no-mans land that is playing for the Angels. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If he ends up going to a team in the Eastern Time Zone (or Central) he's going to be a megastar. 

As much of a unicorn he is, a lot of people have barely actually seen him because he's been in the no-mans land that is playing for the Angels. 

You got that right. Angels started with a 3-0 lead tonight on the Astros, but the score is now 9-3 Astros after 6 1/2 innings.

On 7/15/2023 at 2:56 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Baseball indeed is a funny game.    Funny 4L first  4L streak this season.   Haha  but going to PITTSBURGH  next !  Guardians 3 Ws ?   :lol:

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 2023 💕 GUARDIANS   ★ SECOND HALF ★ - JULY 13, 2023 - to the season's end on OCTOBER 1, 2023 💕
On 7/16/2023 at 9:45 PM, mjp28 said:

Baseball indeed is a funny game.    Funny 4L first  4L streak this season.   Haha  but going to PITTSBURGH  next !  Guardians 3 Ws ?   :lol:

Can't wait for the game tonight in PITTSBURGH  at  7:05  EDST.   Maybe get back to normal baseball. 

GAME 94 and Game 1 of 3 tonight. -  details to follow.  

Well here's your details   CLE 0  PIT 0  top 4.   And of course a walk and Rosario a 2R HR  408' to CF.   NICE.  CLE 2-0.      :wub: 

CLE 9  PIT 0   bottom 7.   I love happy endings don't you ?  Good start to the series before heading back to CLEVELAND,  OH-IO.  

★  CLE  11 12 1   WP Kelly 1-0 0.00  ERA    -◇-    PIT  0 4 0    LP  Priestley  0-1   11.81  ERA

~  See you all Tuesday night same time   at 7:05. EDST.    Enjoy your Monday evening  !    Keep it HOT GUARDIANS.   Need .500+ again.    :D

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~  AND  to continue tonight  in     - GAME  95 -    and  an important  Game  2 of 3 against  home team  PITTSBURGH   to go up  2-0 and a shot at  a 3-0  sweep  in a.                 .....WEDNESDAY    12:35  pm   " getaway day game "   

~  GAME  95  -  Game 2 of 3  tonight  I wrote up a really good preview on tonight's game   -and-  a really great analysis on tonight's starter Logan Allen.   It was also fantastic job !   BUT as you can see   *poof*  not there ..... I made a rookie writers' mistake   I DIDN'T SAVE MY WORK .....  I got real busy tonight  and   *poof*   gone.

I could say that I had a    5 hour rough doctor's appointment    which was   TRUE   BTW  (I had some old suchures removed and some new ones reimplanted .... hey you asked,  lol)   we did it in his office instead of going into the hospital to have it done.   

SO  bottom line   it was   a rookie mistake and I won't do it again  ...... I hope.

●-->   Oh it was a great game tonight  ●--> ★ CLE  10  13 0  - WP  Logan Allen  (4-2)  3.21  ERA   --◇--  PIT   1 5 1  LP  M. Keiler  (9-5)  

●--->  AND  see you tomorrow  afternoon      at 12:35 EDST    for the exciting   GAME 3  try for the sweep !     :D.    AND REMEMBER TO BACK UP OR SAVE YOUR  DAMN  DATA !           

●----->     NOW  PLAY BALL  at   12:35  pm  !        

GAME  96 -  Game  3 of 3  CLE versus PIT.  Starting pitchers  - Civale  vs  Hill   .......   "for the sweep against  Pittsburgh "      GO GUARDIANS  !

[ NEWS FLASH :  WE INTERRUPT THIS GUARDIANS   'WET DREAM'   FOR THIS NEWS FLASH FROM NY, NY.... where else right.   :lol:  yeah NY. ]

PITTSBURGH -- For a few moments, the Pirates and Guardians’ collective fates were out of either of their hands. Rather, their destinies would be decided by a select group of people in New York. The powers that be inside of Major League Baseball’s Replay Operations Center would have to determine if Bryan Reynolds just hit into an inning-ending, bases-loaded double play, as the call was originally made, or if Reynolds actually had actually beaten out the throw to first.

Following several agonizing long minutes, crew chief Adrian Johnson made the announcement: the call was overturned, Reynolds was safe and a run scored. It was a decision that set the tone for a five-run seventh inning and, in time, a 7-5 win over the Guardians, a victory that snapped a five-game losing streak and provided the Pirates with some much-needed life.

“It was a much-needed win for us today,” said Ji Man Choi through team interpreter Daniel Park. “The last couple days have been tough for us. We really needed this win to get the momentum going for us again.”

●~~~~~~~~~~>          <~~~~~~~~~~~●

[ OK GUARDIANS FANS , back to your  .500+ dreams.   After all you're almost there ..... again.   :lol:     ]

Oh yeah Wednesday's  game recap.

x PIT  7 9 0   WP Ryan Borschi  (just called up, wins his first game)  1-0  4.63  ERA  --◇--  CLE  5 9 0  LP  Hentges  1-2 6.81  ERA

●~~~~~~~~~~>          <~~~~~~~~~~●

~  SO  back home to beautiful Cleveland,  Ohio  for 3 games verses PHI  .....  at 7:10, 7:10 and 1:40 .....  one PHI game is already  -SOLD OUT !-

See you there !      

That's a poopy way to end the series...

Here's a cool photo I stumbled upon to take your mind off a disappointing loss to end the road trip. Here's the site of Progressive Field, almost a century ago. 

central market cleveland.jpeg

• Thanks 1

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎.  This series at a glance. 

Game 1 is up soon.   .... D'UH   7/20  the Guardians  OFF DAY ....  See you then,  I need a freakin  OFF DAY !   It's been a really hard week for me.     :lol:

GAME 97 - Game  1 of 3   PHI (52-44)  at  CLE (47-49)  First pitch  7:10 pm.  Starting   Suarez  versus   Williams 

* GAME 98 - Game  2 of 3  PHI (52-44)  at  CLE  (47-49)  First pitch   7:10 pm.  Starting  Wheeler   versus   Bibee  * and this season is  60% over !  :o

GAME 99 - Game  3 of 3  PHI  (52-44)  at  CLE  (47-49)  First pitch   1:40  pm.  Starting   Nola  versus     - TBA -

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~          ~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

• GAME 97 - Game  1 of 3  PHI versus CLE -  at 7:10 pm  -  Pitchers  Suarez  versus  Williams   in Game  1.      PLAY  BALL  !       

CLE  2.  PHI  1  middle 4.   Good game tonight.   I'm going to be right here.

CLE 3  PHI 1,  bottom 6,  jose running like his hair's on fire ..... 3 SB tonight. 

CLE 6   PHI 5  top 7.  OH-NO  PHI back to back jacks .....

★ CLE (48-49)  6 13 0   WP  Stephan  (5-4)  3.21  ERA   SV  Clase  26  3.22  ERA    --◇--    PHI (52-43)  5 8 0   LP   Suarez  (2-5)  4.07  ERA

~  See you Saturday for  Game  2 of 3  on this important series    at  7:10 pm    with Wheeler   versus   Bibee.    Enjoy  your  Friday evening.      :D

GAME 98 - Game  2 of 3  PHI (52-44)  at  CLE  (48-49)  First pitch   7:10 pm.  Starting  Wheeler   versus   Bibee.        Getting to .500 again. 

After a really good game on Friday can they follow up versus a good team ?

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

Game 2 - Can't wait to see Tanner Bibee proceeding on learning his pitching skills. 

★  What a pitcher's duel tonight  !    Both starters deserved a win  - but -  this isn't  T- ball and Bibee gets the   "W" .

★  CLE (49-49)  1 5 0   ★ WP  Bibee  (6-2)  3.07  ERA   ★ SV  Clase 27  3.15  ERA    --◇--   PHI (52-45)  0 2 0   LP  Wheeler  (7-5)   3.88  ERA

~  See you Sunday    at 1:40 pm    for the chance for the Guardians  to   sweep   Philadelphia !   Enjoy your Saturday evening.      :D

I was listening to the local sports show, and someone on there threw out an interesting idea....

With the DH universal, and balanced schedules, could you see a massive change to MLB? Where the National/American Leagues are pretty much scrapped or in name only, and the divisions are re-organized by geography.... so hypothetically, the Guardians could be in a division with Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Detroit, etc... 

I kind of dig the idea of the Guardians competing with the Pirates and Reds yearly for playoff spots. How strong is the Guardians rivalry with the Twins or Royals, really? But with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati? BRING. IT. ON. 

You'd also have the Mets and Yankees fighting it out... 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was listening to the local sports show, and someone on there threw out an interesting idea....

With the DH universal, and balanced schedules, could you see a massive change to MLB? Where the National/American Leagues are pretty much scrapped or in name only, and the divisions are re-organized by geography.... so hypothetically, the Guardians could be in a division with Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Detroit, etc... 

I kind of dig the idea of the Guardians competing with the Pirates and Reds yearly for playoff spots. How strong is the Guardians rivalry with the Twins or Royals, really? But with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati? BRING. IT. ON. 

You'd also have the Mets and Yankees fighting it out... 

Those young 2022 Guardians have to learn how to defend their 2022 crown  ...... even though they are still the youngest team out there.  Pirates included. 

~  A look ahead after this so far successful and still    very important    Philadelphia Phillies  series  to  (3)  games  at home verses  KC.

GAME  100  -  61.3% done  -  Game 1 of 3   KC  vs  CLE  at 7:10 pm

GAME  101  -  61.7% done. -  Game  2 of 3. KC  vs  CLE. at 7:10 pm

GAME  102  -  63.0% done  -  Game  3 of 3  KC  vs  CLE  at  1:10 pm

●~~~~~~~~>          <~~~~~~~~●    It's time to make ground in the   ★ SECOND HALF  ★  race.

GAME 99 - Game  3 of 3 -    Sunday  July 23rd will be a  bullpen game with  Curry getting the start.  The 2023 season is now  61.1%  over.   ~  GO GUARDIANS !  ~

Game 1 is on, and Curry walked first batter,  and GETS THE DP ball !   Ok nice.  And a 4-0 walk to the next guy.  UH-OH two on .... a run on a balk .... are you kidding me ?  Then a deep out.   PHI 1   CLE -  coming up in the 1st.     Geeeez, the walk scores on a balk.

CLE 1    PHI 1   A lead off  HR (4)  for Kwan !    What a start to this game.

CLE 2   PHI 1  bottom 2nd,  Gimenez solo HR (9) !

3 - 3 top 6,  Phillies need this game to stay in the  WC Race -1 GB  -11 GB   --◇--  Guardians  need it to stay in the AL Central race -2  and -4.5 WC

PHI 4   CLE 3  bottom 6 coming up.  Jose .

4-4 going to 10.  The BP is burned out this game.  BUT. What a bottom of the 9th 2 out magic HR !   WHEW !

x/10  PHI  8 9 1   WP  Kimbrell  (6-1) 3.29  ERA   SV Marte 2  5.33  ERA    --◇--   CLE  5 9 1   LP  Herrin  (1-1 )  5.55  ERA

~  Three really good,  close games.  See you Monday    at 7:10 pm    versus  KC.     💕     Enjoy your Sunday evening .             :D

On 7/21/2023 at 6:23 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Friday and Saturday night's games are both sell-outs.  ..... NICE !    FILL UP those stands.   :D

Over 108,000 fans for the three game series, the largest three game attendance in fifteen years. 

Apparently all the people who would never go to another game because they changed the name and dropped the mascot have been replaced. 😉

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Over 108,000 fans for the three game series, the largest three game attendance in fifteen years. 

Apparently all the people who would never go to another game because they changed the name and dropped the mascot have been replaced. 😉

Oh yeah and 6-5, 1-0 and 4-4 to 10.   With two fireworks shows.  Greatest show in town !