THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ 💕 END GUARDIANS 2023  ★ SECOND HALF ★ - JULY 13 - season's end OCTOBER 1, 2023 💕

mjp28

Guardians overcome one of the worst challenge calls (that resulted in Francona getting ejected) to beat the White Sox.

Another sell out, fifth one of the season, tomorrow night's game in close to being sold out too.

I guess the team found replacements for all the people who allegedly would never go back to Progressive Field after the name change. 

47 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

★ Guardians overcome one of the worst challenge calls (that resulted in Francona getting ejected) to beat the White Sox.  

Another sell out, fifth one of the season, tomorrow night's game in close to being sold out too.

I guess the team found replacements for all the people who allegedly would never go back to Progressive Field after the name change. 

~   And the box score in what will become a lot of    "must win"    games in the approximately  30% of the games left in this season.   They  are by NO means. OUT  of the AL CENTRAL race  only   -2 GB   -6 GBWC   but they have a challenging road ahead  and can not give away many games left.   It's now   AUGUST  / SEPTEMBER   baseball !

And of course  one eye is on the  IR List and just  like in 2022 ....  the other eye is on the fine crop of rookies and younger players.      ●  Oh,  and now tonight's   promised box score  :

CLE  4 9 1    WP Allen  (5-4)  3.65  ERA   SV Clase  29  2.90  ERA    --◇--     WSX  2 7 0   LP  Clevinger  (4-5)  3.72  ERA.   

We have to see which of our GUARDIANS  players  box scores continue to go up ......  and which ones just hang around  ...... you guessed it .500.

~  See you Saturday  7:10 pm  on this  Football  / Baseball  Weekend  in Cleveland,.     :)      Enjoy your Friday  evening. !

~   The Cleveland GUARDIANS   " NFL Hall of Fame "   Weekend  HOME Stand 7 Game  verses the WSX  &  TOR. (sound OK? ).

FRI  8/4  -  GAME 110 -  Game  1/3  WSX  in  CLE   at  7:10 pm   -  Clevinger  vs   Allen.    ★  CLE 4   WSX 2  Final.

SAT  8/5 -  GAME  111 -  Game  2/3 WSX  in  CLE   at 7:10 pm. -   Kopech    vs   Syndergaard 

SUN 8/6 -  GAME   112 -  Game  3/3  WSX  in CLE   at *12:05 pm -  Scholtel vs TBA   on the Peacock Network 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎         ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

MON  8/7 -  GAME   113 -  Game  1/4  TOR  in  CLE   at 7:10 pm -   Rhu  vs   Williams 

TUE  8/8 -  GAME     114 -  Game  2/4  TOR  in  CLE   at 7:10 pm -   Kikuchi   vs   Bibee

WED  8/9 -  GAME   115 - Game  3/4  TOR  in  CLE   at  7:10 pm  -   Gausman  vs   Allen 

THU  8/10 - GAME   116 -  Game   4/4  TOR   in  CLE   at  2:10 pm  -   Manoah  vs   Syndergaard 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

~   The  "Saturday Night Special " tonight  ..... maybe with fireworks and   -SOLD OUT- again ?

SAT  8/5 -  GAME  111 -  Game  2/3 WSX  in  CLE   at 7:10 pm. -   Kopech    vs   Syndergaard  .... only 32.5% left. 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~>       PLAY BALL !     ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~>

Game 2 of 3 - A second win would be nice.  Well this game sure turned and NOT NICE !

And Jose gets tossed too.   Come for a game get a fight.   Well ....

WSX 5   CLE  2.  bottom 6.   Finally some hits,  and the crowd goes wild !  

WSX 7   CLE  4, bottom 9.  Some nice OF catches in the top of 9.  Maybe this might wake up CLE.

WSX  7 12 2   WP Kopech  (5-10)  4.43  ERA.  --◇--   CLE  4 7 0.  LP  Syndergaard  (1-5)  6.75. ERA

~   See what happens tomorrow at  *12:05 * pm.    in Round 3.  ●   Enjoy your Saturday evening.   :D

~   Sunday's game is on the    "Peacock Network at 12:05 only"    so it's a radio game for me today. 

SUN 8/6 -  GAME   112 -  Game  3/3  WSX  in CLE   at 2:10 pm.  -  Scholtel vs TBA   on the Peacock Network

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

WSX  2   CLE  0,  bottom 5,   Need runs, hits, something  ..... soon. And just like that 2R HR  2-2 !

CLE scores 3 in the 5th to go up 3-2  -but-  the WSX got 3 in the 9th to win it  WSX 5-3. The box :

WSX  5 12 2  WP  Peralta (1-0)  4.15  ERA SV  Lambert 1  4.50  ERA  --◇--  CLE  3 7 2  LP Clase (1-6)

~   SO CLE drops to (54-58)  and opens a big (4) game set vs  TORONTO   at 7:10 pm  Monday. 

And enjoy your Sunday evening everyone,   maybe watch some  60 Minutes.      :lol:

~   And for your  Monday Night Baseball Game  a switch of uniform colors  to North of the border.

MON  8/7 -  GAME   113 -  Game  1/4  TOR (3rd -63-50 .588)  in  CLE (2nd-54-58 .483)   at 7:10 pm -   Rhu  vs   Williams

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎          ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Thanks, man.  I figured if I sat here they'd let me DH middle of the rotation.  Because this is the worst CLE team I've seen on offense in my life. 

With all the injuries, this team is going to be limping to the finish line in '23. 

Get healthy and try again in '24. 

~   The Tuesday Special. 

TUE  8/8 -  GAME     114 -  Game  2/4  TOR  in  CLE   at 7:10 pm -   Kikuchi   vs   Bibee

CLE 1. TOR 0. bottom 7,  interesting game !

This says it all.

Screenshot_2023-08-08_210356.jpg

CLE 1   TOR 0   top 9, 2 out .... now at the corners .....  fly to CF .....  3rd OUT !    TRIBE WINS !

WHEW !     Needed that.     Now ▪︎-->

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎         ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

MON  8/7 -  GAME   113 -  Game  1/4  TOR  in  CLE   at 7:10 pm -   Rhu  vs   Williams.   L

TUE  8/8 -  GAME     114 -  Game  2/4  TOR  in  CLE   at 7:10 pm -   Kikuchi   vs   Bibee.   W 1-0

▪︎-->  WED  8/9 -  GAME   115 - Game  3/4  TOR  in  CLE   at  7:10 pm  - Gausman  vs Allen.  L 0-1 

THU  8/10 - GAME   116 -  Game   4/4  TOR   in  CLE   at  *1:10 pm  -   Manoah  vs   Syndergaard 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

▪︎-->  A big GAME 115  and  Game  3/4  coming up  Wednesday August 9th  tomorrow for Allen and.             this  team coming up.  Time to get serious about scoring some runs.  See you there and .        

putting  some hits and runs on the board.  Enjoy your Tuesday evening.       :D

~   And tonight's  rather amazing or at least unusual numbers.  Some of those numbers just DO NOT fit !

★ CLE  1 3 0   WP  Bibee  (8-2) 2.92  ERA   SV  Clase "30"  2.79    --◇--   TOR  0  "9" 0   LP  Kikuchi   (9-4)  3.53

★ The young Cleveland GUARDIANS pitching staff and defense are overproducing  their age again this year. 

★ Also Manager Tito Francona is producing miracles again this year,  stay healthy  Tito  !

★  STILL  in the AL CENTRAL race baby !  Only  -4½  -8½  GB  -and-   It's not September  ....yet.

~   And for  Wednesday's starter ......

▪︎-->  WED  8/9 -  GAME   115 - Game  3/4  TOR  in  CLE   at  7:10 pm  -   Gausman  vs   Allen.   (_?_)

Game 3 of 4 is up - And  TOR 1   CLE  0,  top 1,  Springer HR.

TOR 1   CLE  0,   bottom 7,  pitchers gem or boring game take your pick.   Some fielding gems.

~    9 innings of futility,   13 hits 1 run ?

To the bottom of 9.    And the final   TOR 1    CLE  0.  On  14    total hits ..... I'm not kidding,   unreal.

Screenshot_2023-08-09_212257.jpg

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~   And for  Wednesday's starter ......

▪︎-->  WED  8/9 -  GAME   115 - Game  3/4  TOR  in  CLE   at  7:10 pm  -   Gausman  vs   Allen.   (_?_)

Game 3 of 4 is up - And  TOR 1   CLE  0,  top 1,  Springer HR.

TOR 1   CLE  0,   bottom 7,  pitchers gem or boring game take your pick.   Some fielding gems.

OK,  tonight's  BOX SCORE  the totals :

TOR 1 8 0  ◇  WP  Gausman  (9-6)  3.04  ERA  SV Hicks  11  3.69    --◇--   CLE  0 6 0  ◇  LP   Allen   (5-5)  3.55  ERA.         That's it folks  !

~   SO,  see you Thursday   afternoon   for the get-away game at 1:10 pm   for the exciting conclusion of this                   ...... what  would you call it ..... ah 6  goddamn   runs in 3 games  ??   

Are you bleeping  kidding me,  really ?     Oh well  show up tomorrow anyhow and you never know what you might see ...... really.   You might be surprised.  (And who screwed around with this format  !  )         Oh well,  nevermind. 

▪︎ And enjoy your Wednesday evening.  Someone might even win a $ BILLION  DOLLARS ! 

You never know.   :D

~   And the Thursday afternoon get-away game finale time to score and move on. 

◆  THU  8/10 - GAME   116 -  Game   4/4  TOR   in  CLE   at  *1:10 pm  -   Manoah  vs   Syndergaard 

▪︎~~~>      >~~>  PLAY BALL !  Then the road Friday  6:40 pm  1st on ESPN for (3) vs TB  and (2) vs CIN

CLE 4   TOR 1, bottom 6, nice game going  on 4 runs on 4 hits and no messing around  ! Young guys !

CLE 4   TOR 3, final.   It was a good exciting game.    And the line score below  ..... \

Screenshot_2023-08-11_115505.jpg

~   Here are the  NEXT 5  road games for the   Cleveland GUARDIANS   (3) in TB  - and -  (2)  in Cincinnati. 

▪︎~~~~~  ◇  ~~~~~▪︎    ON THE TRIP TO TAMPA BAY FOR (3)  GAMES.   ▪︎~~~~~  ◇  ~~~~~▪︎

GAME  117 - Game 1 of 3  at 6:40 pm  CLE (56-60 .498 -3½ GB )  vs  TB (69-48 .590 -3 GB) -                                          Curry  vs  our old friend    Civale      ● On ESPN+

GAME  118 - Game 2 of 3  at 4:10 pm  CLE  vs TB.   Starting pitchers  -   Williams   vs   Armstrong 

GAME. 119 - Game  3 of 3  at 1:40 pm  CLE  vs  TB.   Starting pitchers   -  Bibee    vs   Effin.

▪︎~~~~~  ◇  ~~~~~▪︎     OFF DAY  ▪︎   MONDAY  AUGUST  14.   ▪︎~~~~  ◇  ~~~~~▪︎

GAME 120 -  Game  1 of 2   at 6:40 pm  CLE   vs  CIN.    Allen  vs   Ashcraft

GAME  121 - Game   2 of 2  at 6:40 pm   CLE   vs  CIN.   Syndergaard   vs  Abbott

▪︎~~~~~  ◇  ~~~~~▪︎     Then back  HOME  again for  (4)   vs Detroit  - and -  (3)  vs  the LA Dodgers  !

■  Ahhh,  all just for you here  today on the   GUARDIANS   - second half  news -  and it's  FREE.   :D

~    Your  "Friday Night Baseball "  for this evening  ......

GAME  117 - Game 1 of 3  at 6:40 pm  CLE (56-60 .498 -3½ GB )  vs  TB (69-48 .590   Curry  vs  our old friend  Civale      ● On ESPN+ tonight. 

Game  1 of 3 on soon.  Time to see how these young guns do against a good team ...... again. 

CLE  1  TB 0  mid 3,  Nice to see baserunning. A close, exciting games with an amazing ending.

●  SOME STRANGE FINAL NUMBERS. 17 runs, 17 hits and 4 errors,  hmmm.

●  TB  9 7 3. WP  Stephenson (2-4)  4.17  ERA   --◇--  CLE  8 10 1   LP  Sandlin  (5-5)  3.65  ERA

~   SO,  check out game  2 of 3  Saturday   at 4:10 pm   here in Tampa.  What more can you say ?

■  Enjoy your Friday evening everyone.           :D

~   Your Saturday afternoon  middle game    at 4:10 pm   in the Tampa trio this weekend. 

🇺🇸   GAME  118 - Game 2 of 3  at 4:10 pm  CLE  vs TB.   Starting pitchers  -   Williams   vs   Armstrong 

Game 2 of 3 -  To start soon 

CLE  2   TB 1,  top 6,  another close game with 13 hits, bases loaded !  Now 3-1.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎   Oh we had a  TORNADO WARNING   today, went right over our house.  Knocked the power out briefly  enough to bring our backup generator to come on.   Kind of exciting  ..... briefly.   ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

CLE  3   TOR  1, top 7,  back to baseball.   Stretch time. 

CLE  4  TOR 2,  top 8,  don't want to waste this inning,  2 on. CLE 5-2  ooh ooh. bottom 8.

◆  Oh-no. TB 6-5  final .....   With a 3 run 9th inning ..... geeezzzz.  Clase got burned again.

And the line tonight.  ......  25 hits !   I had to take a decompression time out ...... there,  done.   :)

❤️    TB   6 12 0   WP  Fleming  (2-0)  4.70  ERA    --◇--   CLE  5 13 0   LP  Clase  (1-7)  3.21  ERA

~    FIVE  consecutive  Guardians games by 1 run every single night.  That close every game.

SO,  what will we see Sunday afternoon    at 1:40 pm   in Game 3 of 3 in Tampa.   See you then.

■   And enjoy your Saturday evening everyone  !         :D

~   And a good Sunday afternoon to you all.   ~

GAME. 119 - Game  3 of 3  at 1:40 pm  CLE  vs  TB.   Starting pitchers   -  Bibee    vs   Effin.

▪︎~~~~~  ◇  ~~~~~▪︎     Sunday AUGUST  13, Baseball   ▪︎~~~~  ◇  ~~~~~▪︎

Game 3 of 3 -  Time to win one. Hey Bibee's pitching !  

●  Bibee worked to a combined 8-2 record and 2.17 ERA with 167 strikeouts in 13223 innings pitched across 25 starts.  ★ And  "wow"  what a final line score tonight  !

★ CLE  9 15 0  WP  Bibee  (9-2)  2.90  ERA   --◇--   TOR  2 8 1  LP Effin  (12-7)  3.67  ERA

~ So  "wow"  indeed on Game 3 of this series.  ■  Game 119 is 2023 now 73.4% done.

AND  MONDAY AUGUST 14 IS AN  - OFF DAY  -  FOR THE GUARDIANS  ! 

💕       Enjoy your Sunday evening everyone.         :D

Boys are knocking the ball all over the yard tonight... as they did yesterday... Jose Who? 😉

Alright mjp, we are approaching the end of the second season of Guardians baseball... how about we consider changing the name of this forum?

My suggestion: 

The G(uardians) Spot 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Boys are knocking the ball all over the yard tonight... as they did yesterday... Jose Who? 😉

Alright mjp, we are approaching the end of the second season of Guardians baseball... how about we consider changing the name of this forum?

My suggestion: 

The G(uardians) Spot 

Oh believe me Dutch I have tried, poked, prodded into every corner of these FORUMS, BOXES, TOOLS  everything some that I held my breath but. NO .....  I do have limited moderator power here.

I will check with Steve  (since he does own and runs the joint)  to see if we couldn't do a little  LONG OVERDUE  freshen up here.   He or his tech people did a little bit when he got it from Stan (and Kathy).  We'll  see what happens.    :)

• Upvote 1

~   Just a look at the AL CENTRAL RACE  up close at .....  MIN, CLE -4½ , DET -8  .....  Cleveland is  "ok".

62 58 .517 - - 6-4 W2 528 489 +39 64-56 33-24 29-34 31-34 Aug 15 v. <-- MIN
  57 62 .479 ● 4.5 8.5 4-6 W1 485 485 -->0 60-59 31-28 26-34 28-35 Au. <--- ■  CLE a 0 run diff
  53 65 .449 8.0 12.0 5-5 L1 466 566 -100 49-69 26-33 27-32 27-43 Aug 15 @ MIN <-- DET

But we sure wouldn't want to go back and look at the  "easy ones that got away" !   That's for sure.   Let's see who buckles down now down the stretch. 

24 minutes ago, Brownsfan92 said:

Josh Bell looking at a Hall of Famer.

Well THIS is annoying...

In 97 games with the Guardians, he had a .701 OPS and 11 homeruns. 

In 11 games with the Marlins, he has an OPS over 1.000 and 4 homers already. 

If he had hit anything like he normally has, perhaps they would have been in a better position at the trade deadline and wouldn't have needed to trade him. There's no way I wanted the Guardians to be on the hook for another $16 mill next year, because you have to think after the poor season he had he would have activated the option year.