THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ 💕 END GUARDIANS 2023  ★ SECOND HALF ★ - JULY 13 - season's end OCTOBER 1, 2023 💕

mjp28

~   After an exciting GAME 135 and  Game 1of 3 vs TB on to Game 2 Saturday.  at 6:10 pm.  

GAME 136  and Game 2 of 3  with pitchers. -  Allen    vs   Littell.    ■   Should be a good game. 

▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎          ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~   After an exciting GAME 135 and  Game 1of 3 vs TB on to Game 2 Saturday.  at 6:10 pm.  

GAME 136  and Game 2 of 3  with pitchers. -  Allen    vs   Littell.    ■   Should be a good game. 

~   WOW !  It was better than a good game it was a  FAN-tastic  extra inning  second one run  win  against  one  TB .... yeah the Guardians are still very much in it with   MINNESOTA   coming up next here in Cleveland.    I managed  to see it all while in bed ..... it was  100%  worth it  !

◆  But first Game 3 of 3 vs TB    ~ at 4:10 pm~  here in Cleveland.    Curry pitching    vs   TBA.  ■  "Should be a good game "  :D

The Gs have 25 games left, and are 5 games back of the Twins. 

Minnesota is in town to start a three game series tonight, 6:10 pm. 

Basically, the Gs have to win 2 of 3 or sweep, or the division is the Twins. Lose 2 of 3, they would now be 6 games back with only 22 to go. That would mean if Minnesota went 11-11 the rest of the way, the Guardians would have to go 18-4 to win the division. If Minnesota sweeps the Guardians, well there's always next year. 

The Guardians winning 2 of 3 would put them 4 games back with 22 to go. Still an uphill battle, but not impossible. A Guardians sweep would make things very interesting. They'd be only 2 back. 

Newcomer Lucas Giolito makes his Guardians debut tonight. 

On 9/4/2023 at 10:55 AM, Dutch Oven said:

The Gs have 25 games left, and are 5 games back of the Twins. 

Minnesota is in town to start a three game series tonight, 6:10 pm. 

Basically, the Gs have to win 2 of 3 or sweep, or the division is the Twins. Lose 2 of 3, they would now be 6 games back with only 22 to go. That would mean if Minnesota went 11-11 the rest of the way, the Guardians would have to go 18-4 to win the division. If Minnesota sweeps the Guardians, well there's always next year. 

The Guardians winning 2 of 3 would put them 4 games back with 22 to go. Still an uphill battle, but not impossible. A Guardians sweep would make things very interesting. They'd be only 2 back. 

Newcomer Lucas Giolito makes his Guardians debut tonight. 

~   OK Newbie  got smoked on the way to a     ~20-6 ~  beating     time to move on, quickly.    

▪︎  Game 2 of 3 Tuesday     at 6:10 pm   tonight with   (10-3) Bibee   vs   (7-6)  Gray.

▪︎   Game  3 of 3  Wednesday    at 1:10 pm   getaway day   Williams    vs   Ryan   

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

~   OK Newbie  got smoked on the way to a     ~20-6 ~  beating     time to move on, quickly.    

▪︎  Game 2 of 3 Tuesday     at 6:10 pm   tonight with   (10-3) Bibee   vs   (7-6)  Gray.

▪︎   Game  3 of 3  Wednesday    at 1:10 pm   getaway day   Williams    vs   Ryan   

Luckily I missed the game, I turned it on around the 7th inning and it was 18-2, after a "Holy shit!" I quickly turned the channel to something else 😂

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well  3-3 bottom 7 coming right up !

~   Looking forward  September  11, 12, 13  in San Fran  at  9:45, 9:45  and 3:45 pm. With  - Williams,  Quantrill,  Allen. 

SF will start  -  Cobb, Manaea  and  Harrison    ~ From the scenic city by the bay. ~

And then back HOME  again for a quick  (3)  game series  vs  TEX.

◆ And  IT'S NEVER OVER !    THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD !  ( What it was a movie, really ?  Oh. Are you sure ? )      How about   IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL IT'S  OVER !  Yogi said it I'm sure ... well maybe. 

▪︎~~~~~~~~▪︎          ▪︎~~~~~~~~▪︎

♥︎  Only  (5)  series left after  SF in the Tito Francona era in 2023.  It's been quite a ride.    :D 

Enjoy it.

Game 3 of 3  -  CLE  5  SF 1  top 6,  nice game so far in a beautiful place to play baseball. 

But an unfortunate late inning and they lost.

And an   ~ OFF DAY THURSDAY  ~  before that  brief (3) game  HOME  vs TEX.  Then off to KC.

~   A brief (3)  game series  vs TEX with a lot on the line.  CLE (69-78)  is very close to a guaranteed  sub .500 season after going  (92-70)   in that magical  2022  season.   They are also (3-8)  in the last 11 games. 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎          ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

GAME 148 -  Game  1 of 3,   TEX  in CLE     at 7:10 pm    with pitchers    Giolito  vs  Gray

GAME  149 -  Game   2 of 3,  TEX  in  CLE    at 6:10 pm   with pitchers    Bibee.  vs  Dunning 

GAME  150 -  Game   3 of 3,  TEX  in. CLE    at 1:40 pm.  with pitchers   Williams  vs.  TBA

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎          ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.  Good luck  GUARDIANS  !

Game 1  -  CLE  12  TEX 3,   nice start, CLE (70-78) .473. 8 GB 12 WCGB E# 7. 14 left. Must Win 8+.

MIN (78-70) .527, 6 H 7A left.  They must help CLE by losing.   14 left also. 

Game  2 - coming up at  6:10 pm.     0-0 top 4

GAME 148 -  Game  1 of 3,   TEX  in CLE     at 7:10 pm    with pitchers    Giolito  vs  Gray

GAME  149 -  Game   2 of 3,  TEX  in  CLE    at 6:10 pm   with pitchers    Bibee.  vs  Dunning 

GAME  150 -  Game   3 of 3,  TEX  in. CLE    at 1:40 pm.  with pitchers   Williams  vs.  TBA

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎          ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.  Good luck  GUARDIANS  !

Game 1  -  CLE  12  TEX 3,   nice start, CLE (70-78) .473. 8 GB 12 WCGB E# 7. 14 left. Must Win 8+.

MIN (78-70) .527, 6 H 7A left.  They must help CLE by losing.   14 left also. 

Game  2 - coming up at  6:10 pm.     0-0 top 4.    Exciting 2-1 Guardians win !

Game  3 -  Well Guardians put up a season high  -9- runs  In the 4th inning, great pitching.  To the 9th inning now.

★ CLE 9  TEX  1  final, great pitching !   CLE 9 11 1  now (72-78) and back in it.

★ CLE  WP Williams (3-5)  3.29  ERA  --◇--   TEX  2 7 0  LP  (4-2)  4.65  ERA

▪︎~~~~~~▪︎      ▪︎~~~~~▪︎.   The Guardians need a run !    --◇--  KC 3, BAL 4, CIN 2, DET 3   Eh ? 8-4 ?

MIN 78.  71.  .520... L1

CLE 71.  78.  -6.5 GB  -10,5 GBWC.  E-7  W3  with 12 games left,  go 8-4 or maybe 7-5... playoffs? 

☆ ⁹Might make another September to remember like 2022.  Especially if Minnesota drops a few.   :wub:

So I'll be going to my last Guardians game of the year next Saturday night, vs the Orioles... wanted to get one more in at the end of the season to take some photos of the upper deck before the drastic renovation begins, and see Tito one more time.

But I wish I would have looked at the Ohio State schedule first. 😡

~   A kind of strange (3) game (2p-7p-2p) series in KC,  then back HOME for  (4)  vs BAL +  (2) vs CIN.

The Guardians need to keep on their current win steak to make the playoffs with a few MIN L's to help. 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎            ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

GAME 151  - Game 1 of 3  CLE  in  KC  at 2:10  with   Quantrill   vs  Singer    on ESPN+  (?)

GAME 152  - Game 2 of 3  CLE   in  KC  at 7:40  with   Allen   vs  TBA

GAME 153  - Game 3 of 3  CLE   in  KC  at 2:10  with   Giolito   vs   Grienke 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎   (9/17/23)

Screenshot_2023-09-18_114712.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~▪︎            ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

GAME 151  - Game 1 of 3  CLE  in  KC  at 2:10  with   Quantrill   vs  Singer    on ESPN+  (?)  

GAME 152  - Game 2 of 3  CLE   in  KC  at 7:40  with   Allen   vs  TBA

GAME 153  - Game 3 of 3  CLE   in  KC  at 2:10  with   Giolito   vs   Grienke 

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎   

Game 1 -  KC 4  CLE 0,  top 5,   time to sing  My Way yet ?   KC 4-2, not yet  !

Bottom  5,  KC 6-2,  Karinchak in, now 1 out. The Guardians are almost done. Baseball and Cleveland diehard fans (like me) time now.   We've actually seen worse ..... much worse.   :( Dutch?        He's there ... but not like us old Muni guys in the 60s and 70s ....  you Jacobs guys were spoiled 1990+ era fans.  Good for you.  🙂  

Top 6. - if you're a diehard jump in !   -  KC 7-4, Kwan another triple !

Top 7 -  KC  7-5, yet another triple, getting interesting again. 

■  WELL KC.SWEEPS THE GUARDIANS 0-3 WITH ONLY 9 GAMES  LEFT IT'S PRETTY MUCH OVER  !

■  WELL KC.SWEEPS THE GUARDIANS 0-3 WITH ONLY 9 GAMES  LEFT IT 'S PRETTY MUCH OVER  !  

ONE MORE LOSS WILL END IT OFFICIALLY.  THEY BATTLE DETROIT FOR 3rd PLACE.  NOW 9 GB.

THEY JUST COULDN'T DO IT IN 2023 FOR A REPEAT OF  THE AFCN CHAMPIONSHIP. OH WELL.  ■

Screenshot_2023-09-21_000255.jpg

~   The last  two  HOME  Series of the 2023 season and the 13th season for Terry  "Tito "  Francona  in Cleveland,  Ohio in his very nice run as the Cleveland  Indians and  Guardians manager.   Thank you  "Tito ",

First  (4)  games  verses the Baltimore Orioles  and then  (2)  games verses the Cincinnati Reds.

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

Thursday night   at 7:15 pm   on  FOX  TV.    Pitching  -  TBA    vs    Rodriguez. 

CLE 2  BAL 0,  bottom 7.  Kind of a quiet game. 

CLE 2  BAL 2,  bottom 8, anyone's game now.  Getting exciting.

CLE 5. BAL 2,  top 9.  Clase in.   Clase got the save !  Final.

~     Tonight  Wednesday September 27, 2023 is   ★  Terry  "Tito"  Francona’s  ★  last  game at home in Cleveland,  Ohio  and I personally take that seriously in the legends in Cleveland Sports.   He came in and turned this franchise around. 

As a Cleveland Indians and now Guardians fan since the late 1950s some  SEVEN  decades  I really am so glad that he chose to come to Cleveland to (maybe?)  close out his managing career. 

Good luck Tito tonight and in whatever you choose to do next in your life.    "THANK YOU  TITO".

I just watched the Guardians pregame and it was great.  Tonight Shane Bieber will go for the Guardians  ..... how appropriate. 

CLE  4 10 0    Cin  1 5 0   in top 7.  Keep it going guys, Beiber still sharp.  7 Ks.

★   What an amazing send-off game for Tito  !!   ★

CLE  4 11 1   WP Beiber  (6-6)  3.80 ERA   SV  Clase (43)  3.14 ERA. 

CIN  3 8 0    LP  Abbott   (8-6)  3.87 ERA

~    What a Game,  What a manager,   what a team, look for good,  promising things in 2024.

And still (3) more games in Detroit,  Michigan.   GO GUARDIANS  !

• Like 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ 💕 GUARDIANS 2023  ★ SECOND HALF ★ - JULY 13, 2023 - to the season's end on OCTOBER 1, 2023 💕
  • mjp28 unpinned this topic

Guardians send Tito out with a 4-3 victory in his last home game. Just shy of 29k fans came out on a Wednesday night to see Francona off. 

The huge two year renovation of Progressive Field will start very soon. (Actually, it already has)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Guardians send Tito out with a 4-3 victory in his last home game. Just shy of 29k fans came out on a Wednesday night to see Francona off. 

The huge two year renovation of Progressive Field will start very soon. (Actually, it already has)

Kind of a nice thing, the Progressive Field makeover  -and-  a managerial search going on at the same time.

I have to believe that both will be first class affairs in attracting a follow-up for Mr Terry "Tito " Francona. 

More good press for the Cleveland Sports Scene.

* Oh BTW  thanks to Terry Pluto's fine writing i finally gave in and plunked down my  $100 for my annual subscription for Cleveland. Com  I reference it all the time so I just came clean so I can use it 24/7 now.   

~     AND   now the end is here
And so I face that final curtain
My friend I'll make it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more
I did it, I did it my way ....

~     The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    TBA   vs   Rodriguez 

GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3.  Pitchers    McKenzie   vs  Olson

▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

With the baseball season winding down for the Guardians, and in a month baseball will be over, you might find yourself pining for some baseball. 

Give the Netflix documentary 'The Saint of Second Chances', about Bill Veecks son Mike a look. Really good. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/28/2023 at 6:05 PM, mjp28 said:

~     AND   now the end is here
And so I face that final curtain
My friend I'll make it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more
I did it, I did it my way ....

~     The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

GAME 160  -  Game 1 of 3  CLE (75-84) at DET (75-83) Pitchers  Quantrill  (3-7) 5.13  ERA 55 K  vs Wentz  (3-12) 6.45 ERA 96 K.

GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3 at 1:10 pm  Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

~   The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

GAME  162  -  Game 3 of 3 at 3:10 pm    Pitchers   Giolito   vs  Rodriguez  .....  in the last dance.

▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

Game today at  6:40 pm.  I'll be watching. 

Game Saturday at 1:10 pm.  I'll try to watch some among college football. 

Game Sunday at 3:10 pm.   I'll also try to watch among the BROWNS football  !    Even with 2 TVs. 

What a good bye to the Cleveland Guardians 2023 season.   :o

On 9/29/2023 at 11:51 AM, mjp28 said:

~   The final  three games of the  2023  MLB Regular are here.  Fri 6:40, Sat 3:10  Sun 1:10  pm.

GAME  161  -  Game 2 of 3   Pitchers    Pitchers    McKenzie  vs  Vest

....   * Oh and YSU is on WKBN game late ..... YSU losing.  Oh well, they lost UNI 44 YSU 41.

▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.         ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎.    Good bye  2023  MLB  Regular Season.    "THANK YOU  TITO "

Game today at  6:40 pm.  I'll be watching. 

Game Saturday at 1:10 pm.  I'll try to watch some among college football. 

Game Sunday at 3:10 pm.   I'll also try to watch among the BROWNS football  !    Even with 2 TVs. 

What a good bye to the Cleveland Guardians 2023 season.   :o

~      SEE THE EXPAND  !   ( For the details.  )

With 5 outs to go the Astros are leading 8-0 over the D-backs and Texas' loss today ties them for division record. Astros take the title due to winning head to head and Texas heads for the wild card games on Tuesday in Tampa.

~     Well our  ▪︎ Cleveland GUARDIANS   ▪︎  finished the   2023  Regular Season   at  76-86  .469  4-6 L10  with a less than spectacular September drive to finish up the campaign unlike their fantastic 2022 September  run which indeed was an extraordinary campaign to finish    - any  -   pennant run in Cleveland baseball  history. 

Still with the amount of starting pitching staff injuries the young call ups did perform well enough to put up a 3rd place finish in the AL Central  with a   ~ 76-86  ~  record.   And a season-long continual search for home run power did not help.

And finally   "THANK YOU  TITO"   for all that you did over the past 11 seasons.

GO INDIANS and GUARDIANS  !