THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Release Perrion Winfrey !! What an ASS!!!

nickers

4 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

it was becoming ever clearer he wasn't right in the head. 

He's what you'd call a fuggin asshole thug.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Orion said:

He's what you'd call a fuggin asshole thug.  

Saw it in him the day I saw his name

I understand giving players chances when they have screwed up once before, but

not considering character and disregarding red flags is counter-productive with some. Not all.....

Years ago, the Browns drafted a lb in the fifth round - Jeremiah Pharms, I believe. He was in so much legal trouble, he never played a down for the Browns. and.... J.M. is another disaster.

It's too bad - Winfrey's problems just made his football career be lost, unless he gets yet another chance. He could really have made a difference with the defense this coming season.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Shame. 

I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

Make that at least 3 of us now who thought the potential was definitely there.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Make that at least 3 of us now who thought the potential was definitely there.

I was all in on him talent wise... His brain.. or lack of one is holding him back...

• Upvote 2

Better to happen now than Week 6 and we are calling a practice squad guy up that had very little training camp reps.  Next man up and time to get them ready. 

Were we expecting 20 reps a game from Winfrey?  Who is a candidate to get more?   

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Better to happen now than Week 6 and we are calling a practice squad guy up that had very little training camp reps.  Next man up and time to get them ready. 

Were we expecting 20 reps a game from Winfrey?  Who is a candidate to get more?   

I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I had hopes for this kid on the field. But you have to handle the off field business correctly or this is the result. 

You liked him from the start.  And I didn't.  I didn't like him because he wouldn't sign his contract (or something like holding out) as if he was a 1st round pick or something.  To me it was a sign of entitlement.  It rubbed me the wrong way.  

I don't / didn't blame you for liking him.  You do your deep evaluations of abilities, etc.  This time it turned out to be a wasted draft pick for us.  Which is nothing new for us (or any other team, really).  Some team will give him another chance.....if he doesn't get himself in jail first.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nickers said:

I would think Elliot or Togiai next men up...

Maybe so, but that isn't good enough in my book.  Elliott is a marginal back-up and Togiai simply sucks.  You and I could pretty much produce the same results as Togi.  Nothing is nothing.  The degree of which doesn't really matter.  

Stomped to a pulp, beaten to a pulp, does it really matter?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Maybe so, but that isn't good enough in my book.  Elliott is a marginal back-up and Togiai simply sucks.  You and I could pretty much produce the same results as Togi.  Nothing is nothing.  The degree of which doesn't really matter.  

Stomped to a pulp, beaten to a pulp, does it really matter?

This article talks about a few possible replacements for this upcoming season.... I don't know these guys but options are out there. I really thought Togiai would have been a real gem. nope.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-roster-potential-dt-replacement-after-perrion-winfrey-s-release/ar-AA1e7bRx

and Winfrey already had failed with the Chiefs -

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

This article talks about a few possible replacements for this upcoming season.... I don't know these guys but options are out there. I really thought Togiai would have been a real gem. nope.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-roster-potential-dt-replacement-after-perrion-winfrey-s-release/ar-AA1e7bRx

You somehow managed to confuse Kareem Hunt with Winrey.  No idea how. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Well, cal is the guy who thought Roethlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes, so.... 

Behavior like this from cal, bullying behavior, is why people leave this board.  If he isn't running to mods trying to get people kicked off this board, its stuff like this. It makes you understand why Stan was not a fan of cal. I believe the word used to describe cal, from Stan, was "that pussy". 

And cal is homophobic on top of it. Perhaps he is projecting? Or is he trying to impress his clique?

Shocking behavior from someone who obviously cares so, so much about things like "character". 

It is honestly disappointing. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Behavior like this from cal, bullying behavior, is why people leave this board.  If he isn't running to mods trying to get people kicked off this board, its stuff like this. It makes you understand why Stan was not a fan of cal. I believe the word used to describe cal, from Stan, was "that pussy". 

And cal is homophobic on top of it. Perhaps he is projecting? Or is he trying to impress his clique?

Shocking behavior from someone who obviously cares so, so much about things like "character". 

It is honestly disappointing. 

I must have missed something. Was there a post that ended up being deleted?

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I must have missed something. Was there a post that ended up being deleted?

Maybe a very few that were  very OT or not within  The BROWNS BOARD  Topics or just way  out-of-bounds  on the posts themselves.    That's all, no big deal really.   It should just  ..... again as the Stones would say .....   Just  Fade Away ....... .

images (26).jpeg

46 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe a very few that were  very OT or not within  The BROWNS BOARD  Topics or just way  out-of-bounds  on the posts themselves.    That's all, no big deal really.   It should just  ..... again as the Stones would say .....   Just  Fade Away ....... .

images (26).jpeg

Yeah but............................."I can't get no.........satisfaction!'😉

On 7/21/2023 at 11:05 AM, tiamat63 said:

no, I did not. Winfrey was arrogant and troubled in college at oklahoma. AND he used a gun. and he's been in trouble before. Go look it up instead of avoiding research on the subject. Hunt made a terrible mistake.  He has made great success on his second chance. There is no confusing the two situations. Nice try, though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

no, I did not. Winfrey was arrogant and troubled in college at oklahoma. AND he used a gun. and he's been in trouble before. Go look it up instead of avoiding research on the subject. Hunt made a terrible mistake.  He has made great success on his second chance. There is no confusing the two situations. Nice try, though.

Well it's because you failed to include all the information in the article, so it made it sound like you thought Winfrey had come from KC. Here is what the article you posted actually said that clears it all up.

"And finally, there is the case of running back Kareem Hunt (86th overall in 2017). While not originally a Brown, he came into the team in 2019 with a red flag - his original team, the Kansas City Chiefs, had already cut him after TMZ revealed a video of him attacking a woman at a Cleveland hotel."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, calfoxwc said:

Jesus Fuckin' Tap Dancin' Christ, you literally wrote:

and Winfrey already had failed with the Chiefs   

then posted a link showing supposedly showing this BUT IT HAS TO DO WITH KAREEM HUNT, you fucking dolt.

Holy fucking shit, you are something cal. 

• Haha 2

with a gun. with a gun. with a gun. with a gun.

That is not Hunt. That is Winfrey. no wonder you haters never go to the other forum.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Solid summary of Winfrey case and overall Browns policy

I assume Cal's takes are based on his bedrock legal principle of wocus ergo brocus.

well, probably not since I don't know what that is, ...

except a "wocus" was a very important staple of survivor of some American Indian tribes.

but my principle is, when a cowardly mod deletes and edits my posts, I'm not responsible for said post.