THE BROWNS BOARD

Flight Delayed After Browns Trash Plane Leaving Greenbrier...

nickers

• flight from WV to Cle just under an hour 
  • then flies empty from Cle to Dulles ...
  • Why wasn’t the aircraft cleaned in CLE, where it sat for 2.5 hours, or in IAD, where it sat for more than four hours, prior to the IAD-SFO flight?

Whats next? a report from the hotels and who clogged the terlets?

you know why .. its the training camp edition of Browns bashing media!

•  
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2023 at 12:48 PM, nickers said:

that's pretty disgusting. I'm guessing a few players went on a "no massage therapists on the flight" rage?

Just checking was any part of this incident due to any allegations of Miles being called a bad name? Or is that a joke? Since that was the logic behind swinging the helmet at Rudolph. At any rate I have most really offensive words masked so is there an actual gripe here?

Just curious.

As far as the story it would be disappointing to see Thug culture overtake our team. Except for the win at any cost gang I guess. Then again I can't imagine one NFL team being any classier than another when it gets right down to it. Or any group of 20 somethings for that matter.

WSS 

It's sad our guys don't even know how to act.  No Greenbriar trip next year, which had to coast the team several hundred thousand all said.  If I was Haslam, next year it's some crappy HS football field in Iowa, motel 6 accommodations, and rented school bus transport.

If you act like pigs, you get treated like pigs.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

As far as the story it would be disappointing to see Thug culture overtake our team. Except for the win at any cost gang I guess. Then again I can't imagine one NFL team being any classier than another when it gets right down to it. Or any group of 20 somethings for that matter.

WSS 

The wife of my friend who played on the Superbowl champion Colts and later Oakland and Houston told me she just did not like the character of the vast majority of players she met on those teams. So a sample of three even back then in the 70s would agree with you. I doubt much as changed.

The problem I have with this.. if true.. Is it tells me KS still has no control of this locker room.. And if that's the case.. Then the potential for this season to become unraveled becomes a greater risk...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

The problem I have with this.. if true.. Is it tells me KS still has no control of this locker room.. And if that's the case.. Then the potential for this season to become unraveled becomes a greater risk...

I criticized Joe Woods…Stefanski is in my crosshairs this year.  I wouldn’t take it this far. We had 90 guys go up there close to half will not be on the team come September.  You could have a handful of slobs that impact the whole. 

Let’s start small…Call a play that works and make sound - not panicked decisions in the second half. 

• Upvote 1

Sadder still, this news takes away from the attention on Joe Thomas going into the HALL OF FAME a bit, with the media.

Whatever - it wasn't the whole team - but yeah, Stefanski doesn't lead this team - he isn't a leader. I thought I lost all respect for him last year...now it's even less.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ballpeen said:

It's sad our guys don't even know how to act.  No Greenbriar trip next year, which had to coast the team several hundred thousand all said.  If I was Haslam, next year it's some crappy HS football field in Iowa, motel 6 accommodations, and rented school bus transport.

If you act like pigs, you get treated like pigs.  SO TRUE  !

▪︎  First I hope this just   isn't   true but I'm not  100% sure.  We don't need any more  PR  bad news ...... that's for sure.   Well I went to the HOME page and checked it out among other things I saw this on page 1.   Without clicking on or reading the article  :  

United Airlines passengers in Washington Dulles encountered a flight delay on their San Francisco flight, with a gate agent blaming a professional football team in Cleveland for “trashing” the aircraft. United Airlines Flight Delayed Thanks To Cleveland Browns As...

▪︎  From the article  on Flyertalk :

MO

Flyertalk

CONCLUSION

A United Airlines flight was delayed after the Cleveland Browns trashed it. It does seems there were a couple of missed opportunities to clean the plane which would have avoided a delay, but even so it strikes me as disgusting that a sports team would trash up a commercial airplane to such a degree that a pilot would say it was the worst he had ever seen his entire career. 

......  And of course the picture at the top of the article  OUR  BROWNS and  BROWNS FANS.   We are proud of our BROWNS and our BROWNS FANS  everywhere. 

Cleveland-Browns-United-Airlines-2048x1139.jpg

~   I went through the Flyer talk magazine,  I'll bet they never called the   Dodgers   "pigs"  and check out their menu from 2022 :

290822751_10161937963623625_5733906114836437253_n_b5b64c0145cb18f8deb9af8f4d60b023dfa16d22.jpg

What exactly is the proof the Browns did anything? Third-hand gossip? How does anyone know that one of the dudes doesn't have beef with the Browns and is therefore just looking to start random rumors?

United, the training organization for American and Delta because friends don't let friends layover in Newark, took off.. 36 minutes late? That's also every midday Tuesday flight from a vaguely busy airport.. aka anything not in Ohio.

Pro sports teams throw things in an airplane all the time.  So the actual question should be -- not "did anything happen" but rather "was what happened, if anything, more than what should be expected if a sports team is going to throw stuff in an airplane".  And just to be clear... taking 36 minutes to clean is nothing.  Wake me when the party includes an armrest or a seat cushion torn off.

Here's a fun first-hand story about United: First time i flew to the Dad's house in columbus to introduce my now wife, we got stranded in Newark for 12 hours because they just cancelled the original connection and didn't replace it.  Yes, United does do this shit.. and attempts to blame their lack of staffing and poor maintenance planning on someone/anyone they can.

Is it possible Cleveland did something? Of course. But it's also more probable that United didn't staff high enough at the location they attempted to turn that airliner from charter back to commercial AND the browns did exactly nothing... and thus the delay is purely from United's attempt to save on staff $ by asking 2 already overworked maintenance staff to do the work of 5.

13 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

What exactly is the proof the Browns did anything?

Is it possible Cleveland did something? Of course. But it's also more probable that United didn't staff high enough at the location they attempted to turn that airliner from charter back to commercial AND the browns did exactly nothing... and thus the delay is purely from United's attempt to save on staff $.

I am just going by the article.

Your 2nd point doesn't matter.  Our guys need to act professional and leave things clean.  I agree with Nick to an extent.  Were coaches on the flight or did they fly another private jet with the owners?  It seems to me someone needed to take control of the cub scouts and act as den mother.

Show me the photos, show me the Things that were wildly different than anything done on a normal commercial flight.

12 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Our guys need to act professional and leave things clean.

Of course! But the thing is.. there's zero proof other than some random dude's words that anything actually happened.  What's the proof that the guy who started this isn't a United apologist?  Is he getting free united points for inventing fake scandals? That's like selling fake yahoo/google 5-star restaurant ratings, etc. Everyone's got an angle.

The concept is that all planes need a set amount of time to be cleaned -- it's never zero minutes even when "nothing" has happened on a plane.  This lie doesn't even need to be intentionally predetermined to be malicious -- it could just be "Hey, let's try to cover for this delayed departure.. come up with something, guy running website, we'll see if it gets traction"  It could be that the cleaning crew was staffed correctly but wasn't told the jet had arrived until it had been sitting for 20 minutes already.. and the room where they waited for the plane to arrive was a 10 minute walk from the gate where the plane was located.

And... even IF this plane was actually done wrong by Browns, they had 12-odd hours to arrange a cleaning crew.  That plane [to be clear: EVERY plane] should have been inspected the minute Browns are fully off.. and if there's a concern you call ahead and arrange a crew to meet it at XYZ location to do whatever extra scrubbing is needed.  They did NOTHING for the first 9 hours.. and only then tried to scramble likely without the available staff.  That process fail and therefore the delay for the commercial passengers.. is entirely United's fault, not Cleveland's. 

If United across the entire country is staffing so tightly that they have zero capacity [labor hours paid for cleaning staff are cleaning capacity] to clean a spilled drink, the resultant delays are United's fault.

This entire story really is the very purest of fact-free gossip.

1 hour ago, syd said:

wow that's a stretch. I mean ? what kind of drugs you on nickers ?

🖕

On 8/3/2023 at 10:48 PM, Unsympathetic said:

We could go on and on.  

We can leave it that if it is true, my comments stand.  If it isn't, it's a non issue.

I don't buy the staffing issue you present.  The cabin crew is responsible for a planes turn around.  There may be someone on ground who helps to remove trash, but you don't have a team of deep cleaners who enter after every flight.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

We could go on and on.  

We can leave it that if it is true, my comments stand.  If it isn't, it's a non issue.

I don't buy the staffing issue you present.  The cabin crew is responsible for a planes turn around.  There may be someone on ground who helps to remove trash, but you don't have a team of deep cleaners who enter after every flight.

It's usually the two or 3 stewardesses that clean/maintain the plane cabins on each flight if I'm not mistaken... Like you said its not a large team of people...

The interesting thing about this, that no one has brought up, is how short of a flight that had to be. I can't imagine it wasn't much longer than the couple Daytona Beach to Atlanta flights I was on.

I have no idea how Antifa snuck on the plane, totally trashed it to make our Browns look bad, then snuck off the plane so quickly. They are good. 

• Haha 1

Cleanliness/order/organization is all relative.  I need to see photos. 

I’ve had up and down flights to Vegas from SD where there is no drink service and no final run through the plane to pick up trash before landing.   You can imagine some folks bring stuff on the plane (maybe lots of consumable goods and they don’t always carry it off with them).  You hope travelers are considerate and you also hope stewards/stewardess are making accommodations to keep things tidy as well.  Maybe one was not at play here.  Maybe we have some slobs.  

The airlines are extremely short staffed: support staff (flights being cancelled because of this), pilots too they raised the age to 67- used to be 65 and they took you to the glue factory.  All this does is put pressure on folks to do more - makes the cranky.

At first blush, just for Men Kevin looks like a guy that picks up his trash and others trash.  Hard to judge beyond that. 

On 8/3/2023 at 10:04 AM, calfoxwc said:

Sadder still, this news takes away from the attention on Joe Thomas going into the HALL OF FAME a bit, with the media.

Bullshit. I swear do you and nickers share the same needle ?

33 minutes ago, syd said:

Bullshit. I swear do you and nickers share the same needle ?

Do you work hard at it or were you born a natural asshole?

Just now, nickers said:

Do you work hard at it or were you born a natural asshole?

it's pretty easy to call out bullshit when i see it.especially when i am dealing with all the special needs characters on this board