THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈 Preseason Game 2: Commanders at Browns Aug 11. 🏈

Dutch Oven

Hopefully we see the play's coming in on time (no confusion as to where players are supposed to line up) getting the play off in time,no pre snap penalties. also i would like to see more hand off's to a RB from the shotgun

I love to quote myself,but this

59 minutes ago, syd said:

Hopefully we see the play's coming in on time (no confusion as to where players are supposed to line up) getting the play off in time,no pre snap penalties. also i would like to see more hand off's to a RB from the shotgun

I love to quote myself,but this

It's August 11th.  I expect there will be some of that stuff.

• mjp28 changed the title to 🏈 Preseason Game 2: Commanders at Browns Aug 11. 🏈
6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Watson will play a series or two tonight, as will Chubb

We always hope everyone doesn't get any injuries  - but - they have to get some real live fire by other than a BROWNS uniform.    

And the remaining action :

◆ Aug. 11 Commanders Fri. 7:30 p.m.The "LAST" Home Game  - and - the Cleveland Guardians are in Tampa Bay at 6:40 pm tonight,  just  FYI.  
Aug. 17 at Eagles Thu  7:30 p.m.  In PHI on Thursday Night   
Aug. 26 at Chiefs

Sat. 1 p.m.      The LAST Preseason Game 

• mjp28 pinned this topic

With Ford hurting, it'll be interesting to see how they use Felton should he be paired with Watson. 

I personally don't think he has the size and quickness combination to be used to beat pressures.  But perhaps the coaching staff thinks differently?  If so, it'll make it a good deal more difficult to move on from him should Jerome not be ready to go week 1. 

HOF Joe Thomas looks so cool in that gold jacket.   Any chance that he ends up behind a  serious  announcing job ?   

12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

HOF Joe Thomas looks so cool in that gold jacket.   Any chance that he ends up behind a  serious  announcing job ?   

I could be wrong, but I thought he was offered the color job with Jimmy Donovan when Doug Dieken retired, but he didn't want to have a job that would keep him away from his family or something like that

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I could be wrong, but I thought he was offered the color job with Jimmy Donovan when Doug Dieken retired, but he didn't want to have a job that would keep him away from his family or something like that

I wonder if he just takes this year off and then reassess things.  He's a good family guy but you wonder if he will get the itch to come back.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I wonder if he just takes this year off and then reassess things.  He's a good family guy but you wonder if he will get the itch to come back.

Talk about a great after-football job to get. He could do it for 30+ years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Browns57 said:

I am glad I sold my tickets. Standing around waiting for a game when I have a buzz on is not my idea of a good time.

...it's better than without a buzz on.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Talk about a great after-football job to get. He could do it for 30+ years. 

Especially if you can do Pro football  - but - the BIG pool is college.  Get hooked up with a team or conference and ride it for years or decades.  :-)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Browns57 said:

He could do it for 40 if he were good enough. He is only 38, which is crazy.

It's called  weather delay talk time, oh boy but it is an interesting SPORTS topic .... I guess.

...... Because the pictures tell most of the story, TV broadcasts require less action description, whereas listeners are completely dependent on the analyst on radio.

The level of competition broadcasters face and their level of experience determine their pay.

How much do NFL analysts get paid?

The National Football League is the sport's highest level, and its announcers are compensated accordingly, given that each season, the best announcers earn more than $1 million.

Major television broadcast networks pay the highest salaries and frequently recruit former star players to their broadcast teams, despite the fact that industry averages are not published by sport or league.

According to a 2016 report from Be On Air Network, famous announcers Al Michaels, Dan Patrick, and Joe Buck earned 5 million dollars and, the same year, well-known CBS Sports Radio host Jim Rome earned 30m dollars.

How much do College Football analysts get paid?

Major TV networks like ABC, CBS, and ESPN also pay a significant amount for the rights to broadcast college football games, sometimes in the billions.

In order to broadcast the games for their television and radio affiliates, these networks pay their top commentators hefty salaries and some prominent commentators earn more than 1m dollars per year by covering NFL, college, and other sports games.

● According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in May 2017, the *median annual wage of all radio and television announcers was 32,450 dollars, and for college teams, regional radio stations pay their sportscasters closer to this figure.   ( * median, half make more, half less)

The commentator's actual pay would be determined by the size of the market in which they work, for instance, a broadcaster in Des Moines, Iowa, would earn significantly less than an announcer in the New York City area.

Could the start time been moved up to 5/6 pm?

16 inactives reported

• CB Greg Newsome II
  • LB Anthony Walker Jr.
  • WR Jakeem Grant Sr.
  • WR Mike Woods II
  • WR Jaelon Darden
  • WR Marquise Goodwin
  • S Grant Delpit
  • RB Jerome Ford
  • LB Matthew Adams
  • LB Sione Takitaki
  • DE Isaiah Thomas
  • G Drew Forbes
  • TE Harrison Bryant
  • DE Alex Wright
  • DT Shelby Harris
  • DT Trysten Hill

~   The problem is lightning in the area.  I haven't heard a specific time yet I'm watching  baseball  TB 5 CLE 4  bottom 6 ..... on 16 hits !   Catch you later,  mjp.

The Washington Commanders-Cleveland Browns preseason opener's kickoff on Friday night has been delayed due to inclement weather, the Browns announced.

With "severe weather" approaching, fans at Cleveland Browns Stadium in Cleveland, were instructed to seek shelter immediately.

The game was originally scheduled for a 7:30 p.m. ET kickoff, and the contest is airing on NFL+. A new kickoff time is to be determined.

1 minute ago, Coyote said:

Official announcement: 10-minute warmup period. Expected kickoff 8:46 p.m.

Alright Coyote !  And how have you been ?  Ready for some real football ? LOL.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Official announcement: 10-minute warmup period. Expected kickoff 8:46 p.m.

I've got a buddy up there right now.

The only thing than going to a preseason game is going to one that starts over a hour late. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've got a buddy up there right now.

The only thing than going to a preseason game is going to one that starts over a hour late. 

Yeah.  Hey Dutch watching the GUARDIANS  ?  Still TB 5-4.