THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈 Preseason Game 2: Commanders at Browns Aug 11. 🏈

Dutch Oven

I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

Two games by total points.  Isn't that something.       :huh:

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I can't believe that I saw the GUARDIANS lose  8-9  -and-  the BROWNS lose  15-17  in the same night.

Two games by total points.  Isn't that something.       :huh:

And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here...

I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

And I can't believe I got sentenced to the Pittsburgh Steelers vrs Tampa Bay Bucs last night.  They were on 2 different stations, one was in English and the other was in Spanish.  While that was a nightmare for me - it would have been a Hallmark Channel love story for our brand new Baker Mayfield fan club (party of 1) in here... 

I dropped some cake to pay for the Sunday Ticket.  I wish they would have thrown in the 3 pre-season games with it.  It doesn't sound like I missed too much.

The first drive was fun to watch, but it went downhill from there. I went to bed at halftime, doesn't seem like I missed much. When I was a kid I used to watch preseason games like they were the Super Bowl (granted, starters played way more back then in preseason), but now I find myself flipping channels a lot. 

Last night I was bouncing from the Browns game to the Guardians game to the movie 'Clerks' on Showtime. My profile pic is from that movie. 😆

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The first drive was fun to watch, but it went downhill from there. I went to bed at halftime, doesn't seem like I missed much. When I was a kid I used to watch preseason games like they were the Super Bowl (granted, starters played way more back then in preseason), but now I find myself flipping channels a lot. 

Last night I was bouncing from the Browns game to the Guardians game to the movie 'Clerks' on Showtime. My profile pic is from that movie. 😆

Me too Dutch!

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

same with me when i was a kid as for watching pre season games

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Oh, that would be a Party of 2, Flugs... 😏

damn Hickman with two picks.really impressed with the second one

and what about Watkins. I mean damn he has impressed and I kinda forget who the damn fool on this board called him a camp body

edit: I really need to proof read before I post lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Whoa .... steeler hell x 2,  not fair !   I had BROWNS ABC on TV1 (steeler CBS scratch that X)    GUARDIANS on TV2 until my wife took over that TV.

💕  My 9 pm snack ..... a ½ bologna salami provolone on Jewish rye sandwich plus my favorite 2 x Little Debbie Swiss rolls for dessert.    Delicious  unlike the ending of the two games. 

All-in-all not a bad evening. .... baseball, football  + a snack.

34 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Phillips tore his pec and is out for the season.. that was the end of him getting PT in a Browns uniform.

Here's hoping it means Fields will get more PT

When you hear tearing of a pectoral tear you wonder about the other side.  You also wonder if it's basically a weight room casuality.   Guys trying to lift so much until they just go too far.  Oh well, we wish him well in his rehab back.

......  Stefanski said Phillips tore the chest muscle, a former starter who finished last season on injured reserve because of a pectoral injury, tore the muscle in the third quarter of the Browns' 17-15 loss to the Washington 

"It's the worst part of this game, seeing gus get injured and especially you see how hard they work," Stefanski said. "So it hurts. I hurt for Jacob, and this is why we're teammates and why we support each other."

Stefanski said the latest injury is on the opposite side from last season, and he will require surgery..

Phillips, who has been limited to just 20 games over the past three seasons due to injuries, was battling for a roster spot behind Anthony Walker and Sione Takitaki at inside linebacker....... continued.......

Calling it early: DTR will be QB2 at some point this season.  If he wasn't behind Watson, he very well could start sooner than later. Playcalling wouldn't change at all.

If Watson stumbles or isn't too great within a couple years - DTR is Watson's easy replacement.  Added bonus: DTR has the single hardest throw ever measured at the NFL combine.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Calling it early: DTR will be QB2 at some point this season.  If he wasn't behind Watson, he very well could start sooner than later. Playcalling wouldn't change at all.

If Watson stumbles or isn't too great within a couple years - DTR is Watson's easy replacement.  Added bonus: DTR has the single hardest throw ever measured at the NFL combine.

Hard to believe the Browns got this kid in round 5.  That's a grand theft!  This kid makes good things happen.  I think we're looking at a difference maker here...

14 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

I said this in a different thread. Some were saying that Dobb's should start over Jacoby last year because of his pre season play.I think we need to pump the breaks a bit over a 5th round draft pick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Agree, the QB pecking order should be DW, DTR, KM, and put Dobbs on the Practice Squad.

The Browns are really aggressive at getting Watson ready to play.

I guess that he is so good he doesn't need snaps?

So, the preseason doesn't mean anything? So why the fuck play it? To give guys who will never play in the NFL a chance to take selfies for their collection?

I hate this useless preseason bullshit and this team is already looking like a fucktard convention

• mjp28 unpinned this topic