THE BROWNS BOARD

DTR to start Thursday Night

syd

If DTR turns out to be this diamond in the rough, how long will he want to play second fiddle to Deshaun Watson?He's already turning heads with the little time he's had. If he comes out and lights it up Thursday people will really be talking. And then you have your 200 million dollar man. Things are going to get interesting.

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

If DTR turns out to be this diamond in the rough, how long will he want to play second fiddle to Deshaun Watson?He's already turning heads with the little time he's had. If he comes out and lights it up Thursday people will really be talking. And then you have your 200 million dollar man. Things are going to get interesting.

13/20 for 155 yards and 2 TDs in 9 minutes and 20 seconds. 

Those aren't DTRs stats.  That's Brady Quinn in his first pre-season game against the Lions.

I can't stress enough how far people are jumping beyond what they should.  Everything from Aiden O' Connell to DTR... 

Worst part is, it happens every year at this time and you'd think fans would learn.  But I guess that's what makes them fans. 

If DTR plays good, then he plays good. Outstanding.  He might challenge for that #2 role at some point during the regular season. 

But that's about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Those aren't DTRs stats.  That's Brady Quinn in his first pre-season game against the Lions.

I can't stress enough how far people are jumping beyond what they should.  Everything from Aiden O' Connell to DTR... 

Worst part is, it happens every year at this time and you'd think fans would learn.  But I guess that's what makes them fans. 

If DTR plays good, then he plays good. Outstanding.  He might challenge for that #2 role at some point during the regular season. 

But that's about it. 

I was just thinking about how well Deshone Kizer played in preseason too his rookie season. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

But that's about it. 

Now that there's a 6'1" Brock Purdy coming off a successful rookie season as the last pick of his draft class - that's probably on the minds of people when they see DTR.  Having said that, Kevin Stefanski isn't exactly Kyle Shanahan with the passing game just yet.   Hopefully we wouldn't need DTR to start this year like SF had to do with Purdy in his 1st year.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I can't stress enough how far people are jumping beyond what they should.

True, of course.  Ideally we'd like to see him with and against starters.  Things are somewhat different then.  I've seen him throw a couple of passes where I wondered how many weeks he's been a QB.  But I've also seen him do good things.  He's intriguing at this point.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

But that's about it. 

I am aware of this. But you know how easy a quarterback contraversy can get started especially in Cleveland. The minute DeShaun Watson has a bad series or two they will be calling for his head. I fully expect him to struggle some. Just wonder how long the fans can hold out until they start chanting DTR's name.

• Upvote 2

I just wanna say that long ass hyphenated names is ruining sports. I know who DTR is, but l completely forgot his actual name and just now had to google it. Dorian Thompson-Robinson.

And l get it. Honor your mom and dad, very honorable. But it’s a verifiable thing that if you get famous, the average person doesn’t want to deal with that mouthful. Hell, l’m one of them.

So it forces us to turn them in to a monogram, and l don’t know how l feel about that either.

Can’t we all just get along?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I just wanna say that long ass hyphenated names is ruining sports. I know who DTR is, but l completely forgot his actual name and just now had to google it. Dorian Thompson-Robinson.

And l get it. Honor your mom and dad, very honorable. But it’s a verifiable thing that if you get famous, the average person doesn’t want to deal with that mouthful. Hell, l’m one of them.

So it forces us to turn them in to a monogram, and l don’t know how l feel about that either.

I had a few fantasy football rules when drafting up until last season ( & I finally made the playoffs).

* No Steelers, Ratbirds, BenGals or Broncos

* No teal

* No hyphens.

Then I drafted Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Donovan Peoples-Jones. Broke my own rules lol.

I still won't break rule #1. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bob806 said:

* No Steelers, Ratbirds, BenGals

Yeah...we don't want to have to root, in any way shape or form, for those teams.  (and I'm old enough to understand the Broncos scorn)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I wonder whatever happened to DB Wonderful Terrific Monds II (played at FIU 2011 - 2013)? 🤔

IMG_4656.jpeg

On 8/15/2023 at 5:35 PM, Neo said:

If the Browns wind up with a great QB, the rest won't matter. I just want a badass team again.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Browns rookie Dorian Thompson-Robinson fined $4,642 for blindside block in preseason game, per report

The quarterback's physicality vs. Philadelphia last week has led to a lighter wallet

Jordan Dajani

1 hr ago1 min read

dorian-thompson-robinson-g.jpg

Getty Images

Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Dorian Thompson-Robinson has emerged as one of the heroes of the 2023 NFL preseason. The fifth-round pick out of UCLA appears to have secured his spot on the Browns' final roster and has stood out early, thanks to his passing ability and his ... physicality? 

The NFL has fined Thompson-Robinson $4,642 for unnecessary roughness, according to NFL Media. The play in question was an illegal blindside block he threw in last week's 18-18 tie against the Philadelphia Eagles

Check it out here: 

DTR got the start in that game vs. Philly, which shows how much this coaching staff likes him. Entering the final week of the preseason, Thompson-Robinson led all quarterbacks with 348 total passing yards. He had thrown two touchdowns compared to zero interceptions, and his 102.4 passer rating ranked No. 7 in the preseason. Because of his play, the Browns were fine trading Joshua Dobbs, who was thought to be the No. 2 quarterback, to the Arizona Cardinals along with a seventh-round pick in exchange for a fifth-rounder.