THE BROWNS BOARD

A leader of the far-right Proud Boys has been sentenced to 17 years

cccjwh

fire extinguisher is a deadly weapon>

I guess many of those at the Jan 6th had "deadly weapons" ....

wallets, shoes, hats, belts. glasses. sunglasses. Hearing aids. cell phones.

anything that this corrupt gov wants to exaggerate into a pile of political fake bs.

The fbi said they confiscated NO GUNS.

the capitol police arrested 2 nutjobs and another guy for having a gun in the trunk of his car. So,

that is THREE people out of thousands, yet liars claim all them were an "armed inssurection".

soviet gov type of propaganda crapola.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/03/04/fact-check-fbi-says-bureau-didnt-recover-guns-capitol-riot/4578286001/

Some of these sentences seem heavy handed and l’m not terribly comfortable with that. Don’t get me wrong, l think the participants are all a little doofy for getting swept up in the fervor of all the goings on that fateful day in January, and l also get the desire to make sure it never happens again and the whole “make an example of ‘em” thing. 

But there’s something to be said about crimes of passion and how crowd mentality works. People sort of get outside of themselves and do things they wouldn’t ordinarily do. 

Anyone ever been in a mosh pit? It’s sort of this loosely organized chaos type thing where people are smashing in to each other and knocking each other down, but they’re also helping each other up when they get knocked down. I guess at the end of the day l would like to see that happen here. Sort of an “ok, you threw an elbow and that was an asshole move so we knocked your ass down, but now get up and let’s do it again” type thing. 

I don’t know the nuances of who did what, or who planned what and what was premeditated or whatever, but l gather a lot of these folks thought they were doing something noble and got swept up in to doing something they wouldn’t ordinarily do. I don’t think multi-year prison sentences are appropriate for those folks. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

anything that this corrupt gov wants to exaggerate into a pile of political fake bs.

the capitol police arrested 2 nutjobs and another guy for having a gun in the trunk of his car. So,

that is THREE people out of thousands, yet liars claim all them were an "armed inssurection".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/03/04/fact-check-fbi-says-bureau-didnt-recover-guns-capitol-riot/4578286001/

Got any other nonsense you'd like to spew?   Tell ya what, let me hit you over the head with a fire extinguisher, crowbar, or a baseball bat. It might knock some sense into you.  :D   

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Got any other nonsense you'd like to spew?   Tell ya what, let me hit you over the head with a fire extinguisher, crowbar, or a baseball bat. It might knock some sense into you.  :D   

Don’t do that…he would then sound like your President.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Oath Keepers jury hears about massive weapon cache on Jan. 6 | AP News

WASHINGTON (AP) — A member of the Oath Keepers who traveled to Washington before the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol testified Wednesday about a massive cache of weapons the far-right extremist group stashed in a Virginia hotel room.

Taking the stand in the seditious conspiracy case against Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four associates, Terry Cummings showed jurors an AR-15 firearm and an orange box for ammunition that he contributed to the so-called quick reaction force the Oath Keepers had staged at the hotel outside of Washington in case they needed weapons.

“I had not seen that many weapons in one location since I was in the military,” said Cummings, a veteran who joined the Oath Keepers in Florida in 2020.

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Some of these sentences seem heavy handed and l’m not terribly comfortable with that. Don’t get me wrong, l think the participants are all a little doofy for getting swept up in the fervor of all the goings on that fateful day in January, and l also get the desire to make sure it never happens again and the whole “make an example of ‘em” thing. 

But there’s something to be said about crimes of passion and how crowd mentality works. People sort of get outside of themselves and do things they wouldn’t ordinarily do. 

Anyone ever been in a mosh pit? It’s sort of this loosely organized chaos type thing where people are smashing in to each other and knocking each other down, but they’re also helping each other up when they get knocked down. I guess at the end of the day l would like to see that happen here. Sort of an “ok, you threw an elbow and that was an asshole move so we knocked your ass down, but now get up and let’s do it again” type thing. 

I don’t know the nuances of who did what, or who planned what and what was premeditated or whatever, but l gather a lot of these folks thought they were doing something noble and got swept up in to doing something they wouldn’t ordinarily do. I don’t think multi-year prison sentences are appropriate for those folks. 

Yeah, it's crazy when those mosh pits march across an open area, bust through police barriers, break windows to enter government buildings, and then roam around that building chasing trouble...

I get the mob mentality angle here but come on...

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

at least you tried to be funny, junior high school wise......I'll take it as that. But that was a lot my point.

The old "poked in the eye with a straw in a hurricane" applies here.

The human body can be considered a "deadly weapon".

Go watch some movies or something.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/the-human-body-a-deadly-weapon.htm

https://www.survivopedia.com/top-fatal-self-defense-weapons-to-carry/

ha ha.

55 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah, it's crazy when those mosh pits march across an open area, bust through police barriers, break windows to enter government buildings, and then roam around that building chasing trouble...

I get the mob mentality angle here but come on...

You’re mama’s a man.

I acknowledge the whole unacceptable “this can never happen again” sentiment about it all. Because yeah, the whole ordeal was unacceptable and should never happen again. Unless we’ve collectively had enough and want to go in another direction, which is written into our founding documents, and would obviously be catastrophic, but still an option, theoretically. 

I value harmony, and politics has gotten ugly. It’s turning in to a growing source of manufactured disharmony and l don’t like it. I think you see that too.

It was a group of wildly nationalistic people that got out of hand. Unacceptable, yes, but for every one of them there are a hundred plus supporting them. You see that too. 

So beat ‘em down or throw an olive branch? I vote olive branch. 

56 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You’re mama’s a man.

I acknowledge the whole unacceptable “this can never happen again” sentiment about it all. Because yeah, the whole ordeal was unacceptable and should never happen again. Unless we’ve collectively had enough and want to go in another direction, which is written into our founding documents, and would obviously be catastrophic, but still an option, theoretically. 

I value harmony, and politics has gotten ugly. It’s turning in to a growing source of manufactured disharmony and l don’t like it. I think you see that too.

It was a group of wildly nationalistic people that got out of hand. Unacceptable, yes, but for every one of them there are a hundred plus supporting them. You see that too. 

So beat ‘em down or throw an olive branch? I vote olive branch. 

How can you reconcile thinking the whole thing is "unacceptable" and "should never happen again" but then say we should provide an "olive branch"?

Seems contradictory. 

Tell your kid they can't eat out of the cookie jar. You catch them eating out of the cookie jar. So then you say "ok, fine, just don't do it again!"... I'm sure that will work. 

15 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Oath Keepers jury hears about massive weapon cache on Jan. 6 | AP News

WASHINGTON (AP) — A member of the Oath Keepers who traveled to Washington before the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol testified Wednesday about a massive cache of weapons the far-right extremist group stashed in a Virginia hotel room.

Taking the stand in the seditious conspiracy case against Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four associates, Terry Cummings showed jurors an AR-15 firearm and an orange box for ammunition that he contributed to the so-called quick reaction force the Oath Keepers had staged at the hotel outside of Washington in case they needed weapons.

“I had not seen that many weapons in one location since I was in the military,” said Cummings, a veteran who joined the Oath Keepers in Florida in 2020.

Is having firearms ready to defend yourself against the law?

Were those firearms used in any criminal activity?

Whole lotta nothin

10 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Hey at least you can admit they were there. Baby steps.

I would have mine for back up as well.

Still, you avoid the context of the post, they did not use said weapons in the great "insurrection", what kind of national terrorist mount a hostile gov't take over and leave their weapons behind. It's all garbage.

Another loser on his way to prison.

US Capitol rioter who attacked photographer sentenced to five years (yahoo.com)

A man who attacked an Associated Press photographer and threw a flagpole and smoke grenade at police officers guarding the US Capitol on 6 January 2021, was sentenced in a federal court on Friday to five years in prison.

Rodney Milstreed, 56, of Finksburg, Maryland, “prepared himself for battle” on January 6 by injecting steroids and arming himself with a four-foot wooden club disguised as a flagpole, prosecutors said.

“He began taking steroids in the weeks leading up to January 6, so that he would be ‘jacked’ and ready because, he said, someone needed to ‘hang for treason’ and the battle might come down to hand-to-hand combat,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

19 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Another loser on his way to prison.

US Capitol rioter who attacked photographer sentenced to five years (yahoo.com)

A man who attacked an Associated Press photographer and threw a flagpole and smoke grenade at police officers guarding the US Capitol on 6 January 2021, was sentenced in a federal court on Friday to five years in prison.

Rodney Milstreed, 56, of Finksburg, Maryland, “prepared himself for battle” on January 6 by injecting steroids and arming himself with a four-foot wooden club disguised as a flagpole, prosecutors said.

“He began taking steroids in the weeks leading up to January 6, so that he would be ‘jacked’ and ready because, he said, someone needed to ‘hang for treason’ and the battle might come down to hand-to-hand combat,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

Does that hurt your feelings?

12 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Just celebrating some accountability. Been a good year for holding asshoIes accountable. Does that hurt your feelings?

I agree we need to hold assholes like Menendez accountable.

Now it’s time to go after the Biden crime family.

I hope that doesn’t hurt your feelings.

2 hours ago, Vambo said:

That’s a quid-pro-quo caught on camera, and the Dumbocrats didn’t bat an eye.

But then ”someone” overheard a phone conversation between Trump and someone else, and called it a quid-pro-quo…so they launch an impeachment!

You can’t make this shit up!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

That’s a quid-pro-quo caught on camera, and the Dumbocrats didn’t bat an eye.

But then ”someone” overheard a phone conversation between Trump and someone else, and called it a quid-pro-quo…so they launch an impeachment!

You can’t make this shit up!

I guess you missed this? Or did you just block it out.

and this..

Envoys pushed to oust Ukraine prosecutor before Biden | Financial Times (ft.com)

European and US officials pressed Ukraine to sack Viktor Shokin, the country’s former prosecutor-general, months before Joe Biden, the former US vice-president, personally intervened to force his removal, people involved in the talks said. Mr Biden did not act unilaterally nor did he instigate the push against Mr Shokin, despite suggestions to the contrary by supporters of US president Donald Trump, people familiar with the matter said... 

EU diplomats working on Ukraine at the time have, however, told the FT that they were looking for ways to persuade Kiev to remove Mr Shokin well before Mr Biden entered the picture. The push for Mr Shokin’s removal was part of an international effort to bolster Ukraine’s institutions following Russia’s annexation of Crimea and the armed conflict in the eastern part of the country.  “All of us were really pushing [former Ukrainian president Petro] Poroshenko that he needs to do something, because the prosecutor was not following any of the corruption issues. He was really bad news,” said an EU diplomat involved in the discussions. “It was Biden who finally came in [and triggered it]. Biden was the most vocal, as the US usually is. But we were all literally complaining about the prosecutor.” 

----------------------------------------

But, but, but your feelings.