THE BROWNS BOARD

The Official   🏈  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  🏈  Sept  18

mjp28

Just now, hoorta said:

If you watched the Dolphins Patriots game the difference between Watson and Tua is night and day . Tua BOOM, the ball is out . Desean is indecisive, and his accuracy is suckfull. Without Chubb, we're screwed.

I was pretty impressed with Tua. I had not paid much attention to him up until that game yesterday. 

I love how dramatic fans on social media are being saying season is done if Chubb is done for the season(Which 99 percent chance he is). Hunt is out there, hell even somehow get Taylor if we can. Sucks for Chubb, but with that kind of thinking, might as well not watch us the rest of the season.

Coaches don't want to run inside with Ford, because they don't trust his hands or vision.  Immediately negates our best advantage with Chubb out. 

Dawand winning a couple, losing a big few. Wills also more of the same against HighSmith.  The empty sets are difficult to keep up with when the Steelers are using their 5 under,  flashing the willingness to invert their safeties and you can't pass pro long enough to drive the ball down field to attack the latter. 

Interesting zone rotations from PIT. Those looks are throwing off the post snap sight adjusts. I like using Moore off the line, but unless the routes are positive breaks, you're struggling to get him going on the perimeter.  Have to get him more to a classic 'Z'. 

I'll have to see what the defensive bust was when the film is out tomorrow night, maybe Wednesday morning.  Delpit had the blown coverage on the first 3rd down conversion, I hope it wasn't him. 

Bryant has to be the #3 out there, Adkins needs to be on the field. Especially with the connection he has from his time in HOU with those post snap rotations I mentioned. 

Just sloppy football from both sides, difficult to watch.  Then you toss in the injury to Nick from an emotional perspective and just... dear God.  An absolute gut punch. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Junkyard Dog said:

I love how dramatic fans on social media are being saying season is done if Chubb is done for the season(Which 99 percent chance he is). Hunt is out there, hell even somehow get Taylor if we can. Sucks for Chubb, but with that kind of thinking, might as well not watch us the rest of the season.

I have a hard time believing that anyone in the front office thinks Ford can be the lead back. Those self proclaimed smart dudes are going to have to earn their money and soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Do any of the old timey historians here know if there's more leg injuries on average in today's NFL than in the old days when they could hit differently? 

I have a hard time believing players lead with their heads like Fitzpatrick did before facemasks.

Plus there probably is a lot more muscle tears because of how muscular players are now, almost to a fault. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

If you watched the Dolphins Patriots game the difference between Watson and Tua is night and day . Tua BOOM, the ball is out . Desean is indecisive, and his accuracy is suckfull. Without Chubb, we're screwed.

That isn't always on the qb. The dolphins run a ton of rpo and quick passes so it's going to come out faster. The dolphins have a west coast style passing offense.

Stefanski does not call very many of those types of passes. It's 5 step drops play action with deep drops. He's going to need to adapt his game plan without chubb. We shall see if he can

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not sure Stefanski has any experience running an offense that Watson excelled in, though did he?

Well if Kevin doesn't figure it out, someone else will be here next year attempting to. 

He's ONLY coached in Minnesota's Offense prior to coming here. Even though he might have been there a while - it probably wasn't a wealth of different systems.  He's limited and it's showing in his struggles tonight.  He was a defensive player in college.  This passing game seems more difficult than it needs to be.  There's more talent in it than he's capable of extracting.  In fact, I brought up Njoku when Tia was bringing up he wanted to see Akins instead of Bryant.  

I'm not saying fire the HC - I'm saying BE the Head Coach and empower Alex Van Pelt.  We scored 48 points the night Stefanski was home watching the Browns with COVID and Hot Chocolate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I have a hard time believing players lead with their heads like Fitzpatrick did before facemasks.

Plus there probably is a lot more muscle tears because of how muscular players are now, almost to a fault. 

I actually meant more like the 70s/80s than the pre facemask era.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'll have to see what the defensive bust was when the film is out tomorrow night, maybe Wednesday morning.  Delpit had the blown coverage on the first 3rd down conversion, I hope it wasn't him. 

Just at first glance i think jok got sucked up on the playaction and didn't get depth and there was a safety sucked way up as well but not sure which one it was

• Upvote 1