THE BROWNS BOARD

The Official   🏈  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  🏈  Sept  18

mjp28

★ The Official   🏈  Monday  Night Football  ▪︎. Cleveland  Browns  vs Pittsburgh Steelers ▪︎  Thread  🏈  Sept  18

▪︎  And all things  WEEK 2  NFL footbal  related  before the big game Monday night. ▪︎

Monday, September 18

New Orleans Saints (-2.5) at Carolina Panthers
★ Cleveland Browns (-1.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers ★  at 8:15 pm.  <-- a close game ?   Are they that close  ?

▪︎~~~~~~~     🏈    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎

And on Sunday  September  17.  (FYI)

★ Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) 

• mjp28 changed the title to The Official   🏈  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  🏈  Sept  18

The WEEK 2 games including the other  ▪︎ AFCN ▪︎   Baltimore  at  Cincinnati  game..  Something for us BROWNS  fans to watch waiting for Monday night. 

Thursday, September 14

Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles (-7)

Sunday, September 17

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons (-1)
L.A. Chargers (-3) at Tennessee Titans
Las Vegas Raiders at Buffalo Bills (-9.5)
Seattle Seahawks at Detroit Lions (-3)
Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans (-1)
Chicago Bears (-1) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
★ Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) ★
Kansas City Chiefs (-3) at Jacksonville Jaguars
San Francisco 49ers (-6.5) at L.A. Rams
N.Y. Giants (-5.5) at Arizona Cardinals
N.Y. Jets at Dallas Cowboys (-3)
Washington Commanders at Denver Broncos (-3.5)
Miami Dolphins (-2) at New England Patriots

Looks like a very interesting  weekend of NFL football action.   A lot of very low margin games  in  WEEK 2.  Only  TWO games with 7 or more point favorites  and both of those  are  ROAD  favorites.   Just to help with your picks this weekend.    :D  

Good luck  !

Betting on the Cleveland Browns ...... some thoughts and the lines from our friends at Vegasinsider, my source for miscellaneous sports information. 

The Cleveland Browns have nearly shaken the stigma that haunted them throughout the last several decades, when they couldn’t consistently win games. As a result, fans are back in the stands and bettors are back at the window to get action on the upstart Browns.

Cleveland Browns Franchise History

Despite being somewhat of a punching bag in the NFL since the ‘90s, the Browns’ franchise started out with unprecedented success.

Upon its inception in the AAFC in 1946, Cleveland won four straight championships. Then, as the franchise migrated to the NFL, it claimed three more titles in six seasons.

Across their first 10 seasons in existence, the Browns won seven championships and lost in three championship games. They also won over 86% of their games. Paul Brown, for whom the team is named after, coached the squad led by Hall of Fame quarterback Otto Graham.

Fast forward to the Super Bowl era, and winning was much harder to come by for Cleveland. The franchise enjoyed a brief stint of competitiveness in the late ‘80s under the tutelage of Marty Schottenheimer and the leadership of Bernie Kosar.

After their AFC Championship appearance in the ’89-’90 season, things took a gloomy turn for the Browns. Playoff appearances became few and far between, and the revolving door at quarterback seemed to never stop turning.

The Browns’ demise was capped off by a two-season span in which they pulled out only one victory. In 2018, the team drafted Baker Mayfield with the number one pick in the NFL Draft.

Mayfield, running back Nick Chubb, and defensive end Myles Garrett led Cleveland to its first playoff victory in decades in the ’20-’21 season. Now, the Browns hope to put their losing ways behind them and establish a winning culture again.

Betting on the Cleveland Browns in Ohio

Sports betting is legal in Ohio, and it launched in January 2023.

The Ohio legislative chambers passed HB 29 in December 2021, and Governor Mike DeWine signed the bill into law later that month.

• mjp28 pinned this topic

I am going to a local bar to watch this one and hopefully don't get in a fight with some Steelers fans haha. For some reason, their are a ridiculous amount of their fans where I live(Winston-Salem NC area).

As for the game itself, hopefully in reference to the above post, Jones can hold up against their DL, and Watson is a bit more accurate and I see no reason we can't go in there and get a win. Pickett is a pretty mediocre QB so far in his career, and we need to get at him early and often.

My prediction:

Browns 27 Steelers 17.

Strong feeling that We are going to get a lot of 12 personnel this week from the Steelers.  They didn’t run the ball last week.  They will try this week.  Browns have a decided advantage when the Steelers want to throw the ball. 

Johnson is out…the guy they use to spread the field.  

The Tackles are really suspect and will need some help.

Our defense will get an entirely different look this week. It will be an ugly win…if we get the win. 

im always cautious with assigning any success to Browns offenses against Steeler defense but the lynchpins have always been Great NT play and Heyward.  That’s missing this Monday…so maybe we have more success. 

Im curious what the resident Stiller fan thinks about this matchup

On 9/13/2023 at 3:34 PM, The Junkyard Dog said:

I am going to a local bar to watch this one and hopefully don't get in a fight with some Steelers fans haha. For some reason, their are a ridiculous amount of their fans where I live(Winston-Salem NC area).

As for the game itself, hopefully in reference to the above post, Jones can hold up against their DL, and Watson is a bit more accurate and I see no reason we can't go in there and get a win. Pickett is a pretty mediocre QB so far in his career, and we need to get at him early and often.

My prediction:

●  Browns 27 Steelers 17.

I'm pretty much with you there on the spread,  BROWNS  by 8 to 12  like  CLE  30  PIT 20.   I'm  waiting to see if the offense and defense can show up together .... somewhat  like like last week a big AFCN win.

And having a steady Kicker is ...... PRICELESS  !  

*  A few thoughts this    ▪︎ AFCN ▪︎   head to head  weekend.

◆  We will see if this Cleveland  BROWNS  team are for real and go 2-0 in the AFCN on MNF.   

◆  Another thought who do want to win Sunday.  BAL or CIN ?   Our BROWNS have an opportunity to get a great start.

◆  And do you like the division games in weeks. 1 & 2.  Interesting or doesn't matter ?

Fun weekend coming up.    Oh and  - GO BROWNS  !

Edited by mjp28
  • Like 1

Just got off NFL plus watching 49'ers at Steelers..

Not many teams offense has caught up to their teams defense yet.. But, that damn Shanny & 9'ers Oh has 👀 (christ)

Let's not fool ourselves.. not thinking TJ Watt isn't a top 5 DE..(Hutch's motor vs KC and then some) TJ had 3 sacks including his own strip fumble recovery. I like to think LT Trent Williams of the 9'ers is the best Tackle in the league today. Alex Highsmith saw Trent Williams most of the afternoon. Jed Wills would need a draw with Highsmith with little help.. 

Dewand Jones ain't seen a Taz like TJ Watt since Hutchinson played at Michigan. D. Jones maybe 10-15 lbs. lighter from his playing weight at Bucks.. But no ! I Don't expect a 4th round rookie D. Jones to play on a island with a stud like TJ Watt all evening either. He'll need some chip help & Watson can't hold the rock back there looking for escape lanes late. (Brock Purdy knew when to live to the next play) 

Tomlin said the best thing I heard all week.. He respects our tight coverage corner play now. I agree.. Expecting more of Jim Schwartz badass-ery designed pressures & Kenny Pickett to throw 2 key picks.. 

we maybe catching some nfl player luck in this one? (that's rare)   Taking the Browns to cover in a tuff AFCN roadie..... Browns  24 - 20  F 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm pretty much with you there on the spread,  BROWNS  by 8 to 12  like  CLE  30  PIT 20.   I'm  waiting to see if the offense and defense can show up together .... somewhat  like like last week a big AFCN win.

And having a steady Kicker is ...... PRICELESS  !  

We will see if this Cleveland  BROWNS  team are for real and go 2-0 in the AFCN on  MNF.   Another thought who do want to win Sunday.  BAL or CIN ?  And do you like the division games in weeks. 1 & 2.  Interesting or doesn't matter ?

Fun weekend coming up.    Oh and  - GO BROWNS  !

Yeah I think we could actually have a bigger winning spread than that; well that is what my heart says anyway haha, but my head says we will get the win but won't be a blow out by any means and will have to pull away a tad in the 4th quarter. And yes good to have confidence in our kicker for sure.

To answer your question, I actually prefer to have division matchups early on, shows who is a legit contender for the division title while sussing out each other's strengths and weaknesses. In the grand scheme of things with so many games left to play doesn't mean a ton no, but in a general sense anytime you can get out to a 2-0 start in the division is obviously a good thing.

I would prefer the Ravens to win tbh; put those pricks from Cincy in an 0-2 division hole. Don't have much use for the Ravens either, but them starting off 2-0 is nothing, compared to Cincy getting a win and getting some confidence back.

Fun weekend indeed. Supposed to have a root canal on Friday evening, hope it goes well and doesn't mess me up for the game haha.

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Just got off NFL plus watching 49'ers at Steelers..

Not many teams offense has caught up to their teams defense yet.. But, that damn Shanny & 9'ers Oh has 👀 (christ)

Let's not fool ourselves.. not thinking TJ Watt isn't a top 5 DE..(Hutch's motor vs KC and then some) TJ had 3 sacks including his own strip fumble recovery. I like to think LT Trent Williams of the 9'ers is the best Tackle in the league today. Alex Highsmith saw Trent Williams most of the afternoon. Jed Wills would need a draw with Highsmith with little help.. 

Dewand Jones ain't seen a Taz like TJ Watt since Hutchinson played at Michigan. D. Jones maybe 10-15 lbs. lighter from his playing weight at Bucks.. But no ! I Don't expect a 4th round rookie D. Jones to play on a island with a stud like TJ Watt all evening either. He'll need some chip help & Watson can't hold the rock back there looking for escape lanes late. (Brock Purdy knew when to live to the next play) 

Tomlin said the best thing I heard all week.. He respects our tight coverage corner play now. I agree.. Expecting more of Jim Schwartz badass-ery designed pressures & Kenny Pickett to throw 2 key picks.. 

we maybe catching some nfl player luck in this one? (that's rare)   Taking the Browns to cover in a tuff AFCN roadie..... Browns  24 - 20  F 

Best way to negate TJ is to stay out of 3rd and long.  

Slightly easier without typical stellar NT play you get from the Steelers and No Heyward.  

• Like 1

The Browns need to take this game seriously from start to finish. Just because Pittsburgh is missing players doesn't mean they can coast through the game.  If they do then the culture truly hasn't changed. At least you know Schwartz will have his guys ready on his side of the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

The Browns need to take this game seriously from start to finish. Just because Pittsburgh is missing players doesn't mean they can coast through the game.  If they do then the culture truly hasn't changed. At least you know Schwartz will have his guys ready on his side of the ball.

They need Chubb alot!!!  Steelers can't stop the run!!!  Please Kev...dont try to air it out this week!!!

40 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

They need Chubb alot!!!  Steelers can't stop the run!!!  Please Kev...dont try to air it out this week!!!

I could see the Steelers selling out to stop Chubb and some opportunities opening up downfield.  I think  This game is on Deshaun and the offensive tackles giving time to protect. 

Let Chubb bleed the clock the last 15 mins 

On 9/13/2023 at 2:55 AM, mjp28 said:

Monday, September 18

New Orleans Saints (-2.5) at Carolina Panthers
★ Cleveland Browns (-1.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers ★  at 8:15 pm.  <-- a close game ?   Are they that close  ?

▪︎~~~~~~~     🏈    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎

And on Sunday  September  17.  (FYI)

★ Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) 

Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out. 

Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys. 

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Heyward to IR, out minimum 8 weeks.  

He might be a Steeler, but he's also a Buckeye and a great ambassador for the game of football.     It's a huge loss for PIT, and a loss the Brownies need to capitalize on.     

This is a potential game changer indeed! I distinctly remember him tearing our O-line some new ones the last couple of times we played them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Neo said:

I think you hit the nail on the head about Schwartz; our guys were ready week one and I think they will be again. Get after Pickett early and often, make him fucking cry, and as long as Watson and company are pretty decent, we should win this one going away. That's unusual for me to say as a Browns fan when playing these haha, but that is how confident I am.

I think we will take them seriously.

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So apparently the Steelers have a 20 game win streak at home during the regular season vs the Browns?

The Browns haven’t won a regular season game in Pittsburgh since Oct. 5, 2003, a 33-13 victory.

Pittsburgh has also won 20 straight Monday night home games.

Pittsburgh Injury Report, Week 2

Friday, September 15
No. 18 WR Diontae Johnson (Hamstring) - DNP
No. 26 RB Anthony McFarland Jr. (Knee) - DNP
No. 73 OL Isaac Seumalo (NIR) - DNP
No. 76 OL Chukwuma Okorafor (Concussion) - Limited *****
No. 78 OL James Daniels (Ankle) - Limited
No. 88 TE Pat Freiermuth (Chest) - Full
No. 99 DT Larry Ogunjobi (Foot) - DNP

I'll say it :)  ****** Bring your ass out there ya punk

To be exact, it will have been 361 days since Walker suffered a devastating season-ending injury, rupturing his quad tendon against the Steelers last season

OK......  It's officially Steeler Week !  !  

On 9/14/2023 at 9:44 PM, hoorta said:

Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out. 

Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys. 

The Browns are gonna ream the Stools a new asshole... Just watch... Stooler fans will vacate Athletes feet stadium by halftime

My thoughts are a few on this game.

One of the things I hate about analytics, or should I say the way I believe the Browns have used them in the past, is to give too much respect to shit QBs.

Too many times the Browns made HOF QBs out of shit by respecting them as if they were Tom Brady. Even a drunk West Side Steve could shred an NFL defense with 20 seconds to find an open receiver.

I firmly believe that we finally have a DC who lives to fuck up shit QB.

Kenny Pinktits blows bowling alley workers. 

2 picks and a discombobulated day full of miscues have him going home to suck a dildo, and the Steelers licking their wounds.

Browns cruise. The entire bench gets to play. It could be so one sided we may bring Aaron Rogers in for a series.

Fuck Pittsburgh. Fuck Kenny Pinktits.

Browns by 30 points.

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2023 at 3:34 PM, The Junkyard Dog said:

My prediction:

Browns 27 Steelers 17.

Stoolers fans all over here on WV. There were no Bungles fans until they got Burrow. Funny how that happened 

Browns 26 stoolers 13

Pickett is the next Colt McCoy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Stoolers fans all over here on WV. There were no Bungles fans until they got Burrow. Funny how that happened 

Browns 26 stoolers 13

Pickett is the next Colt McCoy

Hey B149,  I hear you on that,   I was surprised how many steeler  fans have moved west into Ohio.  So much so that we are blacked OUT when the BROWNS/ steelerz play at the same time.   

On 9/14/2023 at 6:34 PM, Neo said:

I'm not going to lie, I literally have so much Browns PTSD that I can't even ENVISION a scenario where we win. Steelers are coming off an opening blowout at HOME where nothing went right. They're playing on Monday night in front of the home crowd where they haven't lost since 'Nam. 

Pittsburgh CAN'T lose this game and they know it. They're 20-0 at home on Monday night football. Think about that for a second. That tells me there's more than just football at work here. You can try to tell me that history has no influence on an actual game, but when it's 20-0, there's something going on. Here's what to expect:

Every bounce will go their way. If there's a fumble, it's bouncing to them. If there's a deflection, it's heading their way instantly. Penalties will be in their favor. FG's will go in, ours will bounce off the post or something crazy, if not outright blocked. You can schedule at least one defensive touchdown, book it. Our best players will come down with a rare disease, like "Tibetan Respiratory Pneumonia" or something. This game will be wacky, and not in a good way. 

Do I sound absolutely nuts? YES, of course I do! I'm a Browns fan, right? I'm allowed to be a basket case when we visit Pittsburgh, especially on Monday night, because I've seen it all, and by "seen it all", what I mean is, I've seen things, man. Things that would break a lesser fan. 

Now, am I being ridiculous? Yeah, I am. But a hint of what I wrote can be expected, right? You simply don't get to 20-0 without cause, it HAS to be more than football. To win this game, we'll be fighting against a desperate Steelers team, and all the ghosts of NFL yesteryear. Are we a better team? Yes, we are. I really believe that. But this game will test us in all 3 phases and I hope we're ready. I know I am. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" 😉

But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" 😉

But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

Guarded optimism.  I get it.  This game will probably be a dawg fight. 

All I know is we have a better QB and a better roster.  That normally translates to a W.  

Truth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams.  Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better roster 

• Like 1