THE BROWNS BOARD

The Official   🏈  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  🏈  Sept  18

mjp28

11 hours ago, syd said:

he is in cleveland today

And he holds a pair of Aces to Browns' FO offsuit 2 & 3 in this Texas Hold'em poker showdown. 🤠

Right now I'm glad I did not buy in to Youtube TV Sunday Ticket. I could not stand to see the Browns limited RB room with a frozen QB trying to throw downfield any more than what I saw Monday night.🙈

It's one damn game... but days away from over it !  all I can musk-eerrrd in one multi post of topics

a.) Newsome hyper-extended his elbow.. he's Day to Day. Smith rolled a ankle than returned to game.Limited until gameday

b.) Seriously sad losing Batman to these thugs. Browns Batman ain't going out this way 🙏 Good Luck Chubby !

RB Trades?

Cam Akers already pissed off a LA Rams's coach.. Cordarrelle Paterson would bring better usage upside at RB/WR or KR. Browns can't turn the keys over to a Ford as RB1 & expect any returning of kick injuries to Ford.. 

RB FA's

TD-Lenny Fournette or Kareem Hunt?(did they really tell him he's lost a step/slow?) Trey Sermon was released by Eagles & picked up by the Colts and put on PS..Sermon is PS protected at Colts & I can't say I don't blame them with their RB matters

c.) Browns QB D.Watson contract release drama... (2025) 

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/how-when-can-the-cleveland-browns-get-out-of-deshaun-watsons-contract-216452745/

FIGURE IT OUT BROWNS... THIS DEFENSE WANTS TO WIN GAMES

I was listening to NFL radio this morning and they mad the points I was yelling all game. They compared Watson to Josh Allen and the strategy the Browns should be implementing. In regards to Allen, not unlike Watson, in week one made terrible decisions that almost single handedly cost them the game. You watch the Bills highlights from week two and what do you see? 17 carries for 100+ yards from their RBs. A lot more short and intermediate throws that allow their guys to make plays. Solid defense on the back end and Allen using his legs more effectively. Sound familiar?

The phrase the announcer used was "the Browns need to focus on base hits and not home runs". Stefanski needs to get his head out of his ass and focus on that mantra this season. Watson has thrown terrible deep balls so far this season, but IMO has thrown darts in the 7-15 yard range. Assuming Hunt comes back, I still believe in the run game and screens.

Gotta make the game simple, but I'm afraid coach is too stubborn to do that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

I was listening to NFL radio this morning and they mad the points I was yelling all game. They compared Watson to Josh Allen and the strategy the Browns should be implementing. In regards to Allen, not unlike Watson, in week one made terrible decisions that almost single handedly cost them the game. You watch the Bills highlights from week two and what do you see? 17 carries for 100+ yards from their RBs. A lot more short and intermediate throws that allow their guys to make plays. Solid defense on the back end and Allen using his legs more effectively. Sound familiar?

The phrase the announcer used was "the Browns need to focus on base hits and not home runs". Stefanski needs to get his head out of his ass and focus on that mantra this season. Watson has thrown terrible deep balls so far this season, but IMO has thrown darts in the 7-15 yard range. Assuming Hunt comes back, I still believe in the run game and screens.

Gotta make the game simple, but I'm afraid coach is too stubborn to do that.

You can’t spend an entire half like we did with one dimensional play calling throwing go routes.  The play calling felt like we were two scores down.  The same stuff I harped on him this offseason. 

The Steelers D was over pursuing most of the night and recklessly shooting gaps. DEs screaming upfield. We had very little misdirection. Ford actually reversed field because of all the over pursuit for his long run.  And Didn’t look like we took the cue later on.  And Where was the screen game? Mitigate the pass rush!!!  And You got a mobile QB move the pocket. 

Somewhere down the line I’m a little disappointed with the offensive line.  But not before we spend 75% of the time reviewing WTH was wrong with Stefanski’s play calling and 20% of the time worrying about Watson’s indecision and lack of consistency with ball placement. 

• Zombo unpinned this topic