THE BROWNS BOARD

Kareem Hunt / He will play Sunday !

BrownsFan4Evr

16 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

One year - $4 mil.  Official per Adam Schefter.

Excellent! If he fills in as #1 RB he may actually work better than when he was #2 to Nick. More carries with more opportunities like he had in KC. But we know he works well inside the opponents 10, so even as #2 that works. He sniffs out goal lines if we just play him that way and not get too f'n cute.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Excellent! If he fills in as #1 RB he may actually work better than when he was #2 to Nick. More carries with more opportunities like he had in KC. But we know he works well inside the opponents 10, so even as #2 that works. He sniffs out goal lines if we just play him that way and not get too f'n cute.

He’s better than Chubb inside the 10.  But he comes nowhere close to having that second level vision and having patience for second level blocks.  Chubb sometimes needed to be a hammer by the goalline 

Chubb didn’t need a breakdown in the defense to hit a 20 plus yard run.

Good logical signing though.  

Anyone else still completely bummed out over Chubb’s injury.  Kicked to nuts.  I feel devastated for him. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

He’s better than Chubb inside the 10.  But he comes nowhere close to having that second level vision and having patience for second level blocks.  Chubb sometimes needed to be a hammer by the goalline 

Chubb didn’t need a breakdown in the defense to hit a 20 plus yard run.

Good logical signing though.  

Anyone else still completely bummed out over Chubb’s injury.  Kicked to nuts.  I feel devastated for him. 

Yes…I’m feeling very bummed.

I had high hopes for this season, and most of those hopes were pinned on Nick (my favorite player).

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So refresh my memory why did we part ways with hunt in the first place?

WSS

Salary cap and he supposedly lost a step...

25 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Haha. Seems like another player on the roster fits that description. #4

WSS

Yup.. We're a mash unit of weird personalities...

48 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So refresh my memory why did we part ways with hunt in the first place?

WSS

I give nickers partial credit.... 

41 minutes ago, nickers said:

Salary cap and he supposedly lost a step...

nickers- it was ALL salary cap. If he's lost a step, I didn't see it.  Ford (runs like a Ford Fiesta) and the other RBs on the roster are all working for peanuts, $1 million a year or less.  When you're paying #4 $46 million, you have to cut corners elsewhere. 

Kudos to Hunt staying in shape and waiting for the eventual phone call that a team's #1 RB got hurt, and said team would meet his asking price. Unfortunately, for the Browns, but fortunately for Cleveland- Kareem comes back home. Said it the minute Chubb got hurt- Berry flashed the Bat Signal, and had Hunt on his speed dial in case of emergency.  

FWIW, Ford had the most unimpressive 100 yard game against the Steelers I've ever seen. He doesn't have the power to run in between the tackles. Hunt is a significant upgrade there. 😉

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I give nickers partial credit.... 

nickers- it was ALL salary cap. If he's lost a step, I didn't see it.  Ford (runs like a Ford Fiesta) and the other RBs on the roster are all working for peanuts, $1 million a year or less.  When you're paying #4 $46 million, you have to cut corners elsewhere. 

Kudos to Hunt staying in shape and waiting for the eventual phone call that a team's #1 RB got hurt, and said team would meet his asking price. Unfortunately, for the Browns, but fortunately for Cleveland- Kareem comes back home. Said it the minute Chubb got hurt- Berry flashed the Bat Signal, and had Hunt on his speed dial in case of emergency.  

FWIW, Ford had the most unimpressive 100 yard game against the Steelers I've ever seen. He doesn't have the power to run in between the tackles. Hunt is a significant upgrade there. 😉

Agreed...

After the shock of losing Chubb, psychologically this has to be a nice addition to the locker room.

But if the Browns were wrong about Chubb, apparently the rest of the NFL was too then. 

When he was brought in we were psyched about having two Pro-Bowl caliber RBs on the same roster. Last season, the difference between Chubb and Hunt was startling, and it might have been Chubb's weakest season (but still very good, mind you). 

We'll see. As a fan, I'm glad to see Hunt back for sure. Everyone raves about what a good teammate he is. 

I thought Hunts usage last year was awful.  It seemed to me that he was a grinder at the end of the game when most teams had 9 in the box looking for a run.   I thought he played well early last year with higher volume of carries 

I think he has a little burst still and he’s gonna run through some second level tacklers. he’s pretty good at ball security too and his hands are tried and true. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think the team is going to ride Ford as the #1 unless he shows he isn't.  Either way, I could see a fairly even split in carries.

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Either way, I could see a fairly even split in carries.

...at least initially.  There's a game in just a few days.  I don't expect to see much of Hunt on the field this weekend.