THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ 🏈 ***The Official 49ers -17- vs BROWNS -19- game thread. WEEK 6 *** 🏈 Oct. 15. .... BIG "W"

Ibleedbrown

The Jets beat the Eagles in an upset this afternoon.

Not exactly earth-shattering news, but here's a weird fact:

It is the first time EVER that the Jets beat the Eagles. They were 0-12 vs Philadelphia lifetime going into the game. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, syd said:

by chance you watch the washington oregon game ? it was epic,not as epic as today but in it's own right epic

Nah, I was so depressed over losing all those great players & a winnable game that I just could not watch any more college football. Pretty much felt the same about losing to the Ravens, another very winnable game.

41 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

What a great Sunday. We beat the unbeatable. Tampa Bay lost with their QB looking awful, so we won't hear from the Baker Bukkake Club this week. 

Our defense is a force to be reckoned with. 

LOL! It's a magician's trick. Somebody was actually masquerading as Baker. He's not guilty. That's the line and they will hold to it. 😁

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Please come back, Watson. I can't watch this Walker kid again. That throw in the end zone on 2nd down almost killed me. I don't understand it now, I didn't at the time, and I hope to never speak of it again. 

GO BROWNS! 

Amen to that. I was yellin' as loud as I could, "Don't throw the f'n ball!!!" Good thing I have a strong ticker, otherwise it was like instant coronary time.💔

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Axe said:

Nice to see someone else's kicker screw the pooch for once :D

Checking in- my feelings once again were 100% correct in reverse. I gave the Browns no chance whatsoever to win that game. BFT the other team blows a game winning field goal. I was ready for another crushing loss...  

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Watching the Bucs Lions game. Good to see another perennial loser doing good.  How well did the Lions make out in that trade for Goff? Looks like a win win for both teams.

I follow the Lions because of my wife and brothers in law. The Lions are indeed for real. Playing very similar to Cleveland- a stout defense. Worst nightmare? Browns and Lions in the Super Bowl.  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! It's a magician's trick. Somebody was actually masquerading as Baker. He's not guilty. That's the line and they will hold to it. 😁

I followed that game for the first half Tex- with our resident Lions fan. Good old one read Baker. His play is directly the result of- until Sunday- he's taken the fewest sacks and hits of any QB in the NFL. Baker is only as good as his O-line and surrounding cast.  

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Yeah, what was Olsen watching anyway?  He was any NFC player though just in case he didn't make that clear with where his heart was in the game today...

Tom, it is going to take a Browns superbowl win for all this shit to get some rectification.

I honestly belive that officials take the benefit of the doubt away from the Browns unless.the call is so obvious that even these cocksuckers screw.us.

We beat Mahomo and.should.have gone to the AFC.champioship.game. The hit on Peoples Jones at the goal line was eggergios and they ruled that  "it was.not bad enough? Where TF is it in the rule book that a ref can ignore a personal foul if he feels it wasn't that bad?

Listen, FUCK everyone who is not us. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

BFT the other team blows a game winning field goal.  

When your victory Monday alarm clock music knows that kick/ending was bloody well right 😃

Good Day Winners !

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

No description available.

~       One of the most   -UGLY-   football  programs  ever created ...... ever !     

And it would be a November 16, 1947  pre-Cleveland  in the   NFL  "real"  football league  club.  Kind of like a   USFL   football league club. ..... or something.   Oh well, an  "almost NFL football"  club ....... whatever. 

And just how did that little gremlin ever make it's way on the    2023 Cleveland BROWNS football field    what a farce. 

Oh God it's still ugly some  76   years later. 

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

When your victory Monday alarm clock music knows that kick/ending was bloody well right 😃

Good Day Winners !

Yup, and I 100% agree with Kareem Hunt's statement.. "about f**king time we finally get a lucky break."   

23 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

~       One of the most   -UGLY-   football  programs  ever created ...... ever !     

And it would be a November 16, 1947  pre-Cleveland  in the   NFL  "real"  football league  club.  Kind of like a   USFL   football league club. ..... or something.   Oh well, an  "almost NFL football"  club ....... whatever. 

And just how did that little gremlin ever make it's way on the    2023 Cleveland BROWNS football field    what a farce. 

Oh God it's still ugly some  76   years later. 

Hey, what do you expect from a program that was 25 cents? OK, that's $3.50 in 2023 dollars.  😉

But regarding the elf- it's you either love him, or hate him. He adorned the old Muni Stadium for years. As much a part of the Browns as Otto Graham or Jim Brown.  I happen to be in the former camp. Have several pieces of elf apparel.  

There were even rumblings about putting him on the helmets- that would have been a bad Idea. (Not having a logo on our helmets makes them unique) Though I did really like the Buccaneers wearing those orange throwback uniforms yesterday. 

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Tomlinson had himself a game…I think it’s really easy to just point to his addition and Zadrius but EVERY single guy on that side of the ball is playing better football this year.  

It's not being talked about enough, Tomlinson was a distrupter yesterday, a real difference maker. The Browns finally have a d-line that makes a difference. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

It's not being talked about enough, Tomlinson was a distrupter yesterday, a real difference maker. The Browns finally have a d-line that makes a difference. 

Schwartz deserves the credit he's received, but he isn't producing the results if he had last year's DLine. 

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Schwartz deserves the credit he's received, but he isn't producing the results if he had last year's DLine. 

Half of them squids still haven't finished their 40yard dashes from the 1st day of training camp LAST YEAR.  Rumor has it, they were pacing themselves...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Half of them squids still haven't finished their 40yard dashes from the 1st day of training camp LAST YEAR.  Rumor has it, they were pacing themselves...

The Browns need to focus on the DLine this coming offseason too... three of the mainstays now are almost 30 or older. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Browns need to focus on the DLine this coming offseason too... three of the mainstays now are almost 30 or older. 

Yeah, I think we'll draft/sign more IDL.  I still can't wait to see how good Siaki Ika is once he's healed up and ready for reps.  Tomlinson looked like a pissed off grizzly Bear in pads the way kept getting in their backfield throughout the game.  He jumped off the screen.  That was the most impressive thing I think I've witnessed this year.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

I know you guys love the Dline…

But We have dawgs (the good kind) back in the secondary that were born to sit in hip pockets and run and cover the best so we are now putting them in man coverage (71% of time Sunday).  No more soft cushions, deep thirds and pointing fingers and miscommunication. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Elliot played a lot yesterday he hasn’t been a liability.

We seem to do a better job covering the flats too.  We were seemingly schematically allergic to that last season 

edit: Let me add Alex Wright he looked pretty good yesterday too 

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2023 at 4:13 PM, tiamat63 said:

Meh. CmC Anytime hit.  

I need one more carry from Jordan Mason

Browns cover is fine by me, never happier to lose money.

Just busting your balls man. You'd think I was intentionally picking the wrong things if you saw my sports bets.

• Like 1