THE BROWNS BOARD

Love for Stefanski.

jiggins7919

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I predicted a 7-10 season and Stefanski getting fired after the season ended.

It's looking like I will be dead wrong.

I'm thrilled!

Being a Browns fan & staying optimistic is tough, especially in the social media era. 

My FB & Twitter ( X) is mainly negative. Even our threads on here get extremely negative. 

Do I get pissed & over react? Yes. 

Beat Pittsburgh. 

Stefanski leaves a lot to be desired with his play-calling, and I am still convinced he must be stripped of his duties. Nothing has changed. There were many examples even today. The biggest one was with 7 seconds left before halftime; he had them line up for a field goal and then called a timeout and put PJ Walker in to throw a Hail Mary. WHY? Hopkins made a 58-yarder recently. Kick the damn field goal. What was he worried about? Did he think if there was a miss, the Ravens would score a TD in the two or three seconds left with their own Hail Mary? 

The bottom line is that we won today the same way we have all year. Our defense refused to lose the game. 

I guess some people here have already forgotten the COVID game where we lit up the scoreboard while Stefanski was at home sitting in his Lazy Boy.

11 minutes ago, Browns57 said:

e; he had them line up for a field goal and then called a timeout and put PJ Walker in to throw a Hail Mary.

it was the smart thing to do

oh and you  fucking forgot to say how stupid he was to stick with the run game. or only attempting one screen play. 

obviously you do not know jack about the game

The injuries are really starting to pile up and I understand the wheels can fall off at any time but what Stef has had to deal with so far and we are 6-3 easily could be 7-2 is just remarkable.  The way the team fought back yesterday speaks volumes that they believe now. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, syd said:

it was the smart thing to do

oh and you  fucking forgot to say how stupid he was to stick with the run game. or only attempting one screen play. 

obviously you do not know jack about the game

Exactly, that was definitely outside Hopkin's range and I was surprised they initially thought about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

The injuries are really starting to pile up and I understand the wheels can fall off at any time but what Stef has had to deal with so far and we are 6-3 easily could be 7-2 is just remarkable.  The way the team fought back yesterday speaks volumes that they believe now. 

We had our No. 4 tackle - and a guy many us didn’t know existed playing right and left tackle against one of the top defenses in the league.  It wasn’t perfect - but we rushed for 178 yards and got 24 first downs. 

We had a backup come in a get a key INT.  We had a much maligned DT - draft bust up to this year- block a FG. 

Stef had a good message post game about needing everyone- they certainly do. I like that he leaned on the run game when he loves to throw the ball…and essentially wore the Ravens out. 

18 hours ago, Browns57 said:

Stefanski leaves a lot to be desired with his play-calling, and I am still convinced he must be stripped of his duties. Nothing has changed. There were many examples even today. The biggest one was with 7 seconds left before halftime; he had them line up for a field goal and then called a timeout and put PJ Walker in to throw a Hail Mary. WHY? Hopkins made a 58-yarder recently. Kick the damn field goal. What was he worried about? Did he think if there was a miss, the Ravens would score a TD in the two or three seconds left with their own Hail Mary? 

The bottom line is that we won today the same way we have all year. Our defense refused to lose the game. 

I guess some people here have already forgotten the COVID game where we lit up the scoreboard while Stefanski was at home sitting in his Lazy Boy.

We overcame bad luck, bad bounces, injuries and the refs…I’m definitely not a Stef fanboy but he deserves a lot of credit.  That was a type of game where EVERY Browns team post 1999 would have lost.  

Having said that…PJ Walker running around throwing 8 yards short of the end zone has more risk than payoff. 
Sure a kick 6 would be possible…more likely see a blocked kick return- Part 2 from the Ravens…but I am not for any decision where PJ Walker handles a football for an extended period of time.   Minor brain fart…I’m sure others may disagree so who knows

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Browns literally took a 38 year old QB off the couch to be the 4th QB to start. This season we've beaten the following teams, all of which would be in the playoffs if the season ended today:

- Steelers

- 49ers

- Ravens

- Jaguars

- Colts

- Bengals (who I get are on the outside but right there)

and are in the drivers seat to be a playoff team this year. Despite this, some of you clowns are still suggesting Stefanski isn't an extremely quality head coach. It's like you all forget the days of Pat Shurmer looking like he saw the face of God on the sideline every week.

The fact Kevin isn't a serious contender for COY is crazy to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

The Browns literally took a 38 year old QB off the couch to be the 4th QB to start. This season we've beaten the following teams, all of which would be in the playoffs if the season ended today:

- Steelers

- 49ers

- Ravens

- Jaguars

- Colts

and are in the drivers seat to be a playoff team this year. Despite this, some of you clowns are still suggesting Stefanski isn't an extremely quality head coach. It's like you all forget the days of Pat Shurmer looking like he saw the face of God on the sideline every week.

I think he is a COTY contender there’s just other good contenders too that haven’t won it before.

It’s hard to argue with the results, he’s adapted the offense to multiple style of QBs too seamlessly. Watson the mobile star power guy opens things up the most, but also DTR the rookie who is limited in downfield ability, Walker who is limited in every ability, and Flacco who is a pure pocket passer. 

Just look at what the Jets and Broncos (at the time) incompetent coaching did to Flacco vs how Kevin’s offense has him looking like he’s 26 again. It also could be said that he had a role in cementing Kirk cousins as a starter.

The team has bought into Kevin big time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

- Steelers

- 49ers

- Ravens

- Jaguars

- Colts

No only is he in the running for COTY, although I think the Texans HC will get it, he has shown to be an upper tier game planner on how to attack other teams. And he has improved with things on when to go for it on 4th down etc. Dude is getting better. Compare him to the OC trash they have going on in Pittsburgh right now. They just call plays and have no idea how to attack the other teams defense etc. Stefanski has, outside of the first Ravens game, have given this team a chance to win every week.

Coach laid it out on the line and was rewarded. 3-3 on 4th down is unbelievable, and we needed every single one. This guy is winning with parts from the JUNK DRAWER. I'm stunned and so happy we have a real coach. We're playing a very hot Bears team, and it's going to be a battle royale, especially without Delpit (don't know, but I'll guessing). It's gonna be fun, boys. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

I think he is a COTY contender there’s just other good contenders too that haven’t won it before.

It’s hard to argue with the results, he’s adapted the offense to multiple style of QBs too seamlessly. Watson the mobile star power guy opens things up the most, but also DTR the rookie who is limited in downfield ability, Walker who is limited in every ability, and Flacco who is a pure pocket passer. 

Just look at what the Jets and Broncos (at the time) incompetent coaching did to Flacco vs how Kevin’s offense has him looking like he’s 26 again. It also could be said that he had a role in cementing Kirk cousins as a starter.

The team has bought into Kevin big time.

Absolutely- if you believe Vegas he has the 12th best odds: https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/coach-of-the-year/

Honestly, COTY has most years turned into a bit of a popularity contest. I think Dan Campbell is a great coach but I simply don't believe he's a stronger candidate given their roster and division. 

25 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Absolutely- if you believe Vegas he has the 12th best odds: https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/coach-of-the-year/

Honestly, COTY has most years turned into a bit of a popularity contest. I think Dan Campbell is a great coach but I simply don't believe he's a stronger candidate given their roster and division. 

Campbell definitely should be losing some points now, though I like him as a coach still - at least his personality.

They are looking more like fakers - barely squeaking by bad teams, getting trounced by good ones. (And also getting trounced by some bad ones - including on Thanksgiving day).

Demeco Ryans is probably the favorite, if the Texans make the playoffs. Otherwise, I'm not so sure anymore. Has anyone won COTY without making the playoffs before?

12 hours ago, runyon27 said:

No only is he in the running for COTY, although I think the Texans HC will get it, he has shown to be an upper tier game planner on how to attack other teams. And he has improved with things on when to go for it on 4th down etc. Dude is getting better. Compare him to the OC trash they have going on in Pittsburgh right now. They just call plays and have no idea how to attack the other teams defense etc. Stefanski has, outside of the first Ravens game, have given this team a chance to win every week.

FWIW, the short attention spans have so quickly forgotten our wonderous seasons under the likes of  Mike Pettine, Hueless "the Clueless" Jackson, and Freddie "in the" Kitchens.  

Some guys aren't going to be satisfied until we hire the next Chuck Noll, and win a few Super Bowls.   

Add in Kev has a knack bringing in top assistant coaches like Schwartz, Stump Mitchell, and Bill Callahan.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

FWIW, the short attention spans have so quickly forgotten our wonderous seasons under the likes of  Mike Pettine, Hueless "the Clueless" Jackson, and Freddie "in the" Kitchens.  

Some guys aren't going to be satisfied until we hire the next Chuck Noll, and win a few Super Bowls.   

Add in Kev has a knack bringing in top assistant coaches like Schwartz, Stump Mitchell, and Bill Callahan.  

Let’s hope Kevin is the next Chuck Noll or Bill Bellichik (obviously he can’t even be compared at this point, but his career is young and he has an owner willing to outspend even the big market teams). I like that he seems to be getting better every season, if you don’t have the growth mindset then you end up like the Steelers who spend a decade on the upper end of mediocre.

Steelers fans overestimate their roster but I do think Tomlin has probably run his course over there. When you’re a playoff team and guys are still crying on the sidelines and fighting each other there’s probably a leadership problem. 

I have been vocally critical about coach the past seasons. Him calling Brissett to throw a deep bomb to the end zone on 4th and 1 felt unforgivable, and has influenced how I see him ever since. 

I guess that's on me, because I have to fully agree with both the facts and praise put forth by the posters above. 

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I think Stefanski inherited Stump Mitchell, unless he left the team and came back? Wasn’t Mitchell with us during the Hard Knocks days?

Stump was Hue hire... If I'm not mistaken