THE BROWNS BOARD

Love for Stefanski.

jiggins7919

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He came on board in 2019 before the HC change in 2020, so that makes him a Freddie hire.

Either way.. I said then.. I'll say it now.. Stump was/is a great hire!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, syd said:

he just wants his 2 more wins

Best case scenario is they finish 9-8 and Pickett lights up the ravens backups (or not backups, who cares) in week 18

Then they miss the playoffs, get a shitty draft pick, and can think Pickett is their guy for at least another year 

2 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Best case scenario is they finish 9-8 and Pickett lights up the ravens backups in week 18

Then they miss the playoffs, get a shitty draft pick, and can think Pickett is their guy for at least another year 

well exactly !  can't have that pos tomlin have a losing record . Nfl would not stand for it. And the rest I hope they end up in the shitter

On 12/12/2023 at 1:24 PM, nickers said:

Either way.. I said then.. I'll say it now.. Stump was/is a great hire!

Indeed!  You can see the weeks that Ford stops all the false steps - Stump's been on/up his ass!   That said, there's a fine line between hitting the daylight; and waiting for all the pulling linemen to set up in front of him on the power sweeps.  My take?  Just keep the extra blockers home and hit it quick with either a lateral/swing pass to the back outside immediately (from a preferred pro set backfield).  

• Upvote 1

Stefanski's our next Paul Brown, yes I said it. To have an XFL player beat the top of the pack 49ers, Watson beat the Ravens on one leg and arm, DTR beat the Steelers and resurrect Flacco from NFL death to 2 wins is remarkable. Plus let's not forget Cousins' best season in Minnesota was under Kevin's run as OC. Goodell in the stands for a 1 pm game between a mid and low tier team was very telling, the NFL loves narratives and look forward to hyping Flacco getting back to the SB.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Stefanski's our next Paul Brown, yes I said it. To have an XFL player beat the top of the pack 49ers, Watson beat the Ravens on one leg and arm, DTR beat the Steelers and resurrect Flacco from NFL death to 2 wins is remarkable. Plus let's not forget Cousins' best season in Minnesota was under Kevin's run as OC. Goodell in the stands for a 1 pm game between a mid and low tier team was very telling, the NFL loves narratives and look forward to hyping Flacco getting back to the SB.

Paul Brown he is not.. But he has been our most consistent coach since Marty.. And to me... That really isn't saying much...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Paul Brown he is not.. But he has been our most consistent coach since Marty.. And to me... That really isn't saying much...

Nobody will ever take another Pro Football team to 10 consecutive Championship Title Games and win 7 of them again.  That said, if Stefanski can turn a Mad Dawg into a Happy Dawg I liked the reasons MDDawg listed for that happening. Winning ANY games with this injury volume might mean Stefanski has a little David Copperfield in him.  Why overthink all this stuff though?

• Upvote 1

Joe Flacco’s agent, Joe Linta, told me Sunday night he had “two or three” teams inquire about signing Flacco last Monday, when the Browns put him on the practice squad for a day or two, for roster-management purposes. “Joe didn’t want to hear it,” Linta said. “He absolutely wanted to stay in Cleveland. He loves the team. He really gets along well with the coach.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/fmia/news/nfl-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-jake-browning-playoffs-fmia-week-15-peter-king

Coach should get even more credit for this than he already deserves!

• 2 weeks later...

I really think a lot of people don't really appreciate not only the job Stef has done all year, but the amazing staff the Browns have. Really, you could put Stefanski, Jim Schwartz, and Bill Callahan in the conversation for coach of the year. Without anyone of them, this team would not be 11-5 right now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I really think a lot of people don't really appreciate not only the job Stef has done all year, but the amazing staff the Browns have. Really, you could put Stefanski, Jim Schwartz, and Bill Callahan in the conversation for coach of the year. Without anyone of them, this team would not be 11-5 right now. 

Easily the best staff in the league presently...

I predict that if the Ravens win on Sunday Stef will tell Myles to stay home for his mother in Arlington after the death of her brother Christmas eve. He played last night with a very heavy heart and his mother told him to stay with the team and do his best for her there. Apparently he was very close to his uncle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1