THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈​​​​​​​  WEEK 8 ▪︎ Browns 20 vs ● Seahawks 24 ▪︎ CLE Game 7 Thread  🏈 Oct. 29. "L"

Dutch Oven

Browns travel to the Great Northwest. 

▪︎  The Offical  🏈    WEEK 8 ▪︎. Browns vs Seahawks Cleveland Game 7 Thread  🏈  October 29

●  SEATTLE  24      CLEVELAND  20     final.      A very close. "L".

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎  The Offical  🏈​​​​​​​    WEEK 8 ▪︎. Browns vs Seahawks Cleveland Game 7 Thread  🏈  October 29
4 minutes ago, syd said:

watching the game from my couch, every time i go to Seattle we lose badly and it kinda sucks as it would be a beautiful day to walk around the city

🏈     Sounds  good syd,   Time to sit back and watch the  JAX -at- PIT game and get ready for our  Cleveland BROWNS .......  baby !

- GO BROWNS ! -

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, syd said:

watching the game from my couch, every time i go to Seattle we lose badly and it kinda sucks as it would be a beautiful day to walk around the city

Not a team the Browns historically have done well against, for sure. 

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎  The Offical  🏈​​​​​​​  WEEK 8 ▪︎ Browns vs Seahawks ▪︎ Cleveland Game 7 Thread  🏈  October 29
5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

🏈     Sounds  good syd,   Time to sit back and watch the  JAX -at- PIT game and get ready for our  Cleveland BROWNS .......  baby !

- GO BROWNS ! -

JAX 3  PIT 0,  what a sloppy start. -but-  a nice long FG.     GO JAX !

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not a team the Browns historically have done well against, for sure. 

We are actually 2-2 over the last four games.  I remember seeing the one years ago right above the Seahawk tunnel where Phil Dawson hit FG in OT.

i think we matchup well with them.  Their OL is weak and we got the horses to cover their deep WR room. 

I just don’t see way to with shaky QB play in that environment. I’m going 19-16….bad guys. 

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We are actually 2-2 over the last four games.  I remember seeing the one years ago right above the Seahawk tunnel where Phil Dawson hit FG in OT.

i think we matchup well with them.  Their OL is weak and we got the horses to cover their deep WR room. 

I just don’t see way to with a shaky QB play in they environment. I’m going 19-16….bad guys. 

Hey SD,  what's new. ?   Time to play a good  ERROR FREE, great defense gamel.    GO BROWNS !

......  edit ....  meanwhile,    it's NFL RED ZONE time !

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I just don’t see way to with shaky QB play in that environment. I’m going 19-16….bad guys. 

That sounds about right. 

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Hey SD,  what's new. ?   Time to play a good  ERROR FREE, great defense gamel.    GO BROWNS !

......  edit ....  meanwhile,    it's NFL RED ZONE time !

Doing well how about you?  OSU game last night was a little too close.  

I’m getting the smoker warmed up for some wings…hopefully we steal one from Seattle today. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Doing well how about you?  OSU game last night was a little too close.  

I’m getting the smoker warmed up for some wings…hopefully we steal one from Seattle today. 

Oh yeah,  the OSU game was the needed tight one  BUT great finish game.

We have some great  NY STRIP STEAKS ready for the grill .... later.   (some RIB EYES maybe Monday supper).   A grill weekend.

51 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I remember seeing the one years ago right above the Seahawk tunnel where Phil Dawson hit FG in OT.

That was a great finish to that game 👍

Their OL is weak and we got the horses to cover their deep WR room. 

Schwartz having the flexibiity to matchup Ward or Emerson on DK Metcalf is something we've not had in past visits to the Hawks 🍿

Wonder if Berry sticks to his bye week "turnover" presser?

PJ Walker has 2 picks & 1 lost fumble since.. 

Some simple Running Backs & Njoku dump offs getting executed cleanly, sounds better than testing those Hawks outside Corners or Safeties

Contain/tackle Kenneth Walker 🫰 

And back to. BROWNS  Sunday  4:05  West Coast football ..... baby.

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

~        And for our  Cleveland  BROWNS   -at-   the Seattle  Space Needles  -3  out on the West Coast  -at-   4:05 pm  EDT   *SUNDAY*    here's more to keep you busy.

Cleveland Browns @ Seattle Seahawks -3
Lumen Field, Seattle
■  Sunday 4:05 PM ET  <--▪︎

Money Line: Cleveland Browns (+140) ; Seattle Seahawks (-165)
Total: 40 (14th highest of the week)
FPI favorite: Seahawks by 2.3 (56.9% to win outright)

Betting nuggets

• The Seahawks have covered four of their last five games, including going 3-0 ATS as a favorite in that span.

• The Browns are 0-3 ATS in their last three road games with all three games going over the total.

• P.J. Walker is 6-2 ATS in his career as a starter and 5-3 outright, all as an underdog.

~       And some other GAMEDAY    - BROWNS -at-  Seahawks  nuggets -.

▪︎~~~~~~~~~~▪︎

Week 8 predictions. You can head to SportsLine now to see the model's picks. Here are several NFL odds and betting lines for Seahawks vs. Browns:

•  *Browns vs. Seahawks spread: Seahawks -4
  • Browns vs. Seahawks over/under: 38.5 points
  • Browns vs. Seahawks money line: Browns +167, Seahawks -202

Why the Browns can cover ....  *and  YES,  I'm going  CLE +4  and OVER  38½  plus a 2T  today. (Our D to maybe score !)

*The Browns have arguably the best defense in the NFL in 2023. The lead the league in total defense (243 yards per game) and passing defense (149.2 yards per game), and rank 7th in rushing defense (93.8 yards per game). Defensive end Myles Garrett is one of the current betting favorites to win the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, and enters this matchup with 7.5 sacks and three forces fumbles.

The Browns have been hit hard by injuries on the offensive side of the ball, but they continue to have one of the league's most physical offensive lines. Through six games, the Browns have rushed for 885 yards and seven touchdowns while averaging 4.5 yards per carry. See which team to pick here.

Why the Seahawks can cover

Seattle was one of the NFL's biggest surprises last year, with Geno Smith stepping in almost seamlessly for Russell Wilson and leading the team to the postseason while winning NFL Comeback Player of the Year. Now Smith is only further establishing that he's a capable starting quarterback in the NFL, completing 68.6% of his passes for 1,391 yards and seven touchdowns with four interceptions over his first six games.

1 hour ago, syd said:

and look you pancake and sausage eating knuckleheads I am taking one for the team for not being in Seattle today

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, syd said:

im  drinking a mexican chocolate rum and coffee drink OH YA did the pit qb go down 😁

Yeah. He got planted on his shoulder 

12 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Yeah. He got planted on his shoulder 

And Mitch Trubisky the $11 Million dollar backup quarterback is in !

A lot of injuries in this WEEK 8  so far today.   Back ups get ready to go !

Just now, mjp28 said:

And Mitch Trubisky the $11 Million dollar backup quarterback is in !

A lot of injuries in this WEEK 8  so far today.   Back ups get ready to go !

Watching the stoolers suck on offense, and the fans booing is joyful. Too bad their defense is playing well

30 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Looks like Taki is playing should help the run defense 

ycm8ibEE_normal.jpg

Browns’ RB Jerome Ford is active today vs. Seattle.

Browns Inactives

• QB Deshaun Watson
  • WR Cedric Tillman
  • CB Kahlef Hailassie
  • RB Jordan Wilkins (elevated from the practice squad)
  • S Ronnie Hickman
  • DE Isaiah McGuire
  • DT Siaki Ika

Seahawks Inactives

• WR Cody Thompson
  • CB Kyu Blu Kelly
  • LB Drake Thomas
  • OL Phil Haynes
  • OL McClendon Curtis
  • OL Raiqwon O’Neal