THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Ravens

Orion

image.png.f5a3848a671c0e1d1f1a0a55ee14c0ae.png

Ravens 7-2   We're  5-3  .......  This is a Must Win game in the playoff race for the division title.   It's one of My must win games because we lost our home game with them.  ( gotta win one game over each division rival )

The Ravens average 4 sacks per game.  Wills is on IR.  Did I read that Dawand Jones left the game at some point and did not return?   It's a bad time to have OT issues.  They're a top 10 defense.  

Ideally we'd like to keep our Tackles from pass blocking as much as possible...but we definitely are not the same running team without Nick Chubb.  The Ravens will likely try to make us beat them by passing.  Which will force Cooper, Moore & Njoku to have big days...because once you get past them there hasn't been much production out of Bell & Tillman.  FWIW, we DID just sign a PS receiver to our active roster that had 26 catches over 3 seasons with the Ravens (only 8 last year).  So while he's learning our playbook he'll be teaching our D the Ravens playbook.  

Go Browns!

• Upvote 1

I'm not scratching my head - per'se.   But I'm watching the early going between Seattle and Blt and wondering how in the hell they let this game get away from them.   Especially because a lot of what those two teams two defensively, including their personnel, are pretty damn similar.    Will say this, not sure what this 'Cleveland Curse' has been for these teams.  But a lot of the offenses the Browns have played against really shit the bed the following week.  I'm 2 drives in and Geno has made some questionable/rushed decisions. 

I picked Browns to win last 3 games but I can't keep the trend going Sunday. In fact, I'm a bit scared for this one. Ravens aren't just playing well, they're absolutely killing decent teams. Maybe Seattle isn't great, but they beat us, and Baltimore didn't even let them BREATHE. Lamar is completing around 80% of his passes over the last 3 games and I don't know how to score on them. Their offense is good enough, but it's their defense that really kills people. They lead the league in the most important stat...opposing points surrendered. 

Let's get a magical game. That one win a year nobody sees coming. It's for the division...so it's now or never. 

Some say the Eagles have the highest rated O-Line in the NFL? While, Baltimore has the best O-Line in the AFC I've seen.👀 Lamar's eyes now stay down field, not panicking to choose between pass protection picnics or the narrowest of running lanes to get out. 

The race between the best two D-cords in NFL football, are showcased in this game between Jim Schwartz & a real underrated D-Cord in Paul MacDonald at Ravens

At the midway point of the season.. Some teams defense needs to put the brakes on Lamar.. Zay Flowers.. and Mark Andrews.. and let the others try to beat you !

Why not Us !  Go Browns !      

TEAM SEASON GP SCK CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG YDS/G TD TD% INT INT% SCKY

RATE

9 21 186 261 71.3 1,992 7.6 221.3 10 3.8 3 1.1 114 101.3

8 24 153 271 56.5 1,650 6.1 206.3 7 2.6 11 4.1 177 66.2

download.jpg.8392e16ead606b8fd330e0f366539e2b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Unlikley to win.. But hell.. Any given Sunday... But.. The ravens have a tough task against our D... I sense Donnybrook in this game... We're not an easy out...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

image.png.f5a3848a671c0e1d1f1a0a55ee14c0ae.png

Ravens 7-2   We're  5-3  .......  This is a Must Win game in the playoff race for the division title.   It's one of My must win games because we lost our home game with them.  ( gotta win one game over each division rival )

The Ravens average 4 sacks per game.  Wills is on IR.  Did I read that Dawand Jones left the game at some point and did not return?   It's a bad time to have OT issues.  They're a top 10 defense.  

Ideally we'd like to keep our Tackles from pass blocking as much as possible...but we definitely are not the same running team without Nick Chubb.  The Ravens will likely try to make us beat them by passing.  Which will force Cooper, Moore & Njoku to have big days...because once you get past them there hasn't been much production out of Bell & Tillman.  FWIW, we DID just sign a PS receiver to our active roster that had 26 catches over 3 seasons with the Ravens (only 8 last year).  So while he's learning our playbook he'll be teaching our D the Ravens playbook.  

Go Browns!

Wow,   just look at those  1st / 5th   matchups.  This might be a crazy game by  BOTH  defences.   Look for fumbles and PICK-6  scores to play a big part.

Should be a fantastic  TV  sports-nut game.   ( And a classic Myles Garrett sack-fest ? )

Show up early on our. OFFICIAL GAME THREAD  ..... and enjoy the game.   :D

...... GO BROWNS !

I will start by saying that I hate the fucking Ravens. I actually hate when we play these cocksuckers. Not because they beat us often, but the entire fucking move, Modell, Dickhead Harbaugh, and what I believe is an overrated, dickhead QB (maybe it is my hate, I don't know, or care).

Fuck the Ravens. After what happened last time I would blitz this Lamarr cocksucker all day long.

Beat his fucking ass into a pulp of bird shit. Hit him late, rough him up. Make the cocksucker pass.

I don't think he can beat anyone if he has to use his brain and his arm.

I also hate that stupid fucking bird on their helmet. I hope we throw bottles at the Ravens bench.

I hope our D hurts Lamarr. Seriously, this is not hyperbole. I seriously hate every motherfucker that isn't us.

Watson needs to put up some points, we need to win the battle of the clock, and beat the living fuck out of Jackson.

Browns win this 51-3.

Where is Modell buried? Let't go shit on his grave.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I will start by saying that I hate the fucking Ravens. I actually hate when we play these cocksuckers. Not because they beat us often, but the entire fucking move, Modell, Dickhead Harbaugh, and what I believe is an overrated, dickhead QB (maybe it is my hate, I don't know, or care).

Fuck the Ravens. After what happened last time I would blitz this Lamarr cocksucker all day long.

Beat his fucking ass into a pulp of bird shit. Hit him late, rough him up. Make the cocksucker pass.

I also hate that stupid fucking bird on their helmet. I hope we throw bottles at the Ravens bench.

I hope our D hurts Lamarr. Seriously, this is not hyperbole. I seriously hate every motherfucker that isn't us.

Watson needs to put up some points, we need to win the battle of the clock, and beat the living fuck out of Jackson.

Browns win this 51-3.

Thanks you just cursed us dude.. Naw just kiddin' man.. I don't like guys getting hurt but , I agree with the other stuff.. It's always better when beat a team that's at full strength.. It's more demoralizing IMO...

20 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm not scratching my head - per'se.   But I'm watching the early going between Seattle and Blt and wondering how in the hell they let this game get away from them.   Especially because a lot of what those two teams two defensively, including their personnel, are pretty damn similar.    Will say this, not sure what this 'Cleveland Curse' has been for these teams.  But a lot of the offenses the Browns have played against really shit the bed the following week.  I'm 2 drives in and Geno has made some questionable/rushed decisions. 

You're right- the Seahawks game was an odd statistical one to say the least. The Browns had almost 13 minutes more time of possession, out gained them, less penalties, and ran 20 more total plays. The Seahawks were +1 in the turnover category, but that's really the only advantage you see. The Browns just had a lot of sustained drives that led to 0-3 points.

Dawand is out.  And I don't feel this offense is in a position, between health and a lack of time together, to truly be consistent against a Ravens defense that is much greater than the sum of its parts. 

BLT -6 seems pretty sensible.  Under at 38.5 might also be in play.  Prime time unders have been a small gold mind this season.

40 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Dawand is out.  And I don't feel this offense is in a position, between health and a lack of time together, to truly be consistent against a Ravens defense that is much greater than the sum of its parts. 

Yikes.

Well against all logical arguments, expect the unexpected. Browns pull off an enormous upset, Stefanski is finally appreciated (until the next loss).

• Upvote 1

This whole division is a mess.  If we Beat the baltimorons and the squeelers win and cincy wins...the whole division has 3 losses.  That means the browns steelers game will be like a playoff to make the playoffs game.  Some great mid season excitement.

• Upvote 2

We sure have this ability to have  certain units completely impacted by injuries.

2021- I believe the secondary was out at parts of the year.  RBs too I believe.

2022- LBs.

2023- Tackles.

Ravens were pretty beat up the first game - but the QB play we had negated that advantage.

Tough matchup for our D…we play a lot of man coverage and it’s not the greatest recipe against a mobile QB like Jackson.

On 11/9/2023 at 4:02 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

Browns win this 51-3.

I’m a little worried about the stress on your heart come Sunday Ghoulie.. I have a feeling your dreams here will come true, may be minus the throwing bottles.. I hope you chill have a beer and enjoy the Browns taking down the pretend team from Baltimore

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, syd said:

not saying we win the first game. But we just can not turn the ball over and give them a short field

We didn’t play very good redzone defense last time…gotta hold them to kicks instead of TDs.  After that I think you gameplan on offense in a way that doesn’t magnify the void at the tackle spots.  I expect the Ravens to blitz off the edges heavily…you need to hit them in areas where the blitz is now vacating those spots.  We made a lot of rookie mistakes on offense staring down WRs I don’t think we gift them the same this time out. 

And Yes flipside, shorter fields for our offense…maybe a Proche punt return (old team revenge)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Catanzar0 said:

I’m a little worried about the stress on your heart come Sunday Ghoulie.. I have a feeling your dreams here will come true, may be minus the throwing bottles.. I hope you chill have a beer and enjoy the Browns taking down the pretend team from Baltimore

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah, it's really going to take a true team effort. Call me crazy, the Browns pull it off.

I like your optimism, I wish I felt it too. 

Hopefully the defense has made adjustments, because Baltimore kind of came up with the blueprint on how to beat this defense in the first game The defense is going to have to be on point, because it could be tough sledding for the offense with both tackles out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I like your optimism, I wish I felt it too. 

Hopefully the defense has made adjustments, because Baltimore kind of came up with the blueprint on how to beat this defense in the first game The defense is going to have to be on point, because it could be tough sledding for the offense with both tackles out.

Yes indeed. I'm guessing the Rats will ram it between the tackles a lot, then work off play action from there. Gus Edwards always seems to hurt us. 

JOK needs to be patient,along with the other LBs regarding reading Lamar. Over pursue him, he's gone.