THE BROWNS BOARD

Manning vs Manning vs Quinn

OconRecon

You guys really have to let go of 2008. Flugels parades around the scores of the first three or four games like they are the end-all argument of how DA sucks ... but he played without his #2, #3, and #4 receivers, his Pro Bowl tight end, and his right tackle ...while recovering form a concussion that put him out of the preseason, while his #1 recovered from a foot injury and dropped a home run in every one of those early games.

I'm willing to lok at the facts and circumstances of both quarterbacks. You guys give Quinn every excuse in the world while not giving Anderson any ... that is what makes you Quinn Fags.

Zombo

So what you're saying is Anderson is UTTERLY dependent on those around him and can't make the guys around him better.

Thanks - that's been one of the knocks: When everyone around him sucks, he's quite happy to suck along with them. His teammates have to make HIM better.

It seems you need to let go of 2007. If Anderson was pro-bowl caliber, I wouldn't have thought he would have any problem beating out Brady Quinn, who really sucks.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually Brees had two pretty bad years before his first good year.

Unless you consider 3200 yards, 17TD and 16INT a good year of course.

Yeah, for a first-year starter on a mediocre team, I thought that was pretty good. Then he regressed the next year and then became the player we all know now his third year as a starter.

Zombo

You guys really have to let go of 2008. ... but he played without his #2, #3, and #4 receivers, his Pro Bowl tight end, and his right tackle ...while recovering form a concussion that put him out of the preseason, while his #1 recovered from a foot injury and dropped a home run in every one of those early games.

I'm willing to lok at the facts and circumstances of both quarterbacks. You guys give Quinn every excuse in the world while not giving Anderson any ... that is what makes you Quinn Fags.

Zombo

Yeah I bet you wish we could let go of 2008. Seems the defensive coordinators didn't get the memo of his pro-bowl season. When you pass for 135.75 yards per game your first 4 games of the season, it is more than a headache. It is defensive coordinators scheming to take away everything you feel comfortable throwing. He missed throws badly, all the time, every game. Why? Because he doesn't understand how to read defenses. For a guy who relies so much on his arm, he didn't do much with it.

Quinn has played 4 games. Why the fcuk shouldn't we give him this season to work it out? You afraid to see Quinn's ceiling?

Guest ATENEARS
Yeah, for a first-year starter on a mediocre team, I thought that was pretty good. Then he regressed the next year and then became the player we all know now his third year as a starter.

Zombo

But Atenears called it back in 1998 ... stating that "Drew Brees will be a better Pro than Tim Couch" and the house went wild, laughing and calling him names. They never let poor Atenears play in anymore fantasy games ...

So what you're saying is Anderson is UTTERLY dependent on those around him

I'm saying they both are, and every other QB in the NFL.

I just like to be fair about it.

Anderson was prepared to go into the season with Edwards, Winslow, Jurevisous and Stallworth as his main targets and he got guys like Steptoe and Dinkens to throw to instead, while Edwards was historically bad. It's factual.

I support Quinn with facts too. I recognize it was only his fourth start. I recognize it's a new system.

But you guys keep trashing DA ... I'll keep defending him

Zombo

Quinn has played 4 games. Why the fcuk shouldn't we give him this season to work it out? You afraid to see Quinn's ceiling?

I don't like "giving" him anything. I want him to start playing better and winning games now .. and I fully expect him to.

The difference between me and you guys is not how I view Quinn ... but how you view Anderson.

I think, and I'm willing to bet Mangini thinks, that we have a pretty fair QB parked in the garage, and if Quinn continues to struggle through three or four games, then you try and salvage the season with the guy that has won some football games for you in the past.

Mark Sanchez was in High school when we drafted Quinn and he won an NFL game Sunday, Flacco and Ryan were drafted after Quinn and they have playoff experience now ... I know Quinn can do it ... I am ready to see it. Soon.

Zombo

and if Quinn continues to struggle through three or four games, then you try and salvage the season with the guy that has won some football games for you in the past.

Why go back to Anderson? Salvage what? He couldn't do better than Quinn anyway.

Since 2006 when Anderson first started, he has:

Almost as many multiple INT games (8) as multi TD games (14).

He has 46 TD and 40 Turnovers.

His ratings have been 63.1, 82.5, 66.5

1-13 vs playoff teams.

3-9 in the AFCN

Averaged 140 yards in 6 of 9 starts last season

That is more an indictment of DA than a support for Quinn.

If Quinn falls flat on his face and sucks the big one, I will not look back and say I was wrong about DA. Wrong about Quinn, but not about DA.

I don't like "giving" him anything. I want him to start playing better and winning games now .. and I fully expect him to.

The difference between me and you guys is not how I view Quinn ... but how you view Anderson.

I think, and I'm willing to bet Mangini thinks, that we have a pretty fair QB parked in the garage, and if Quinn continues to struggle through three or four games, then you try and salvage the season with the guy that has won some football games for you in the past.

Mark Sanchez was in High school when we drafted Quinn and he won an NFL game Sunday, Flacco and Ryan were drafted after Quinn and they have playoff experience now ... I know Quinn can do it ... I am ready to see it. Soon.

Zombo

Quit being an idiot Z, DA never won shit for mangini, what makes you think he would even remotely consider going back to that even if quinn plays the next 3 games identical to the first? Never going to happen.

Quit being an idiot Z, DA never won shit for mangini, what makes you think he would even remotely consider going back to that even if quinn plays the next 3 games identical to the first? Never going to happen.

Because Mangini said the competition was "real close" and that he liked both QBs and because he said he'll play the QB that gives the best chance to win.

If we keep losing and Quinn keeps playing badly, he will turn to Anderson, I'm surprised anyone would disagree with that.

Zombo

Nice try, except Brees didn't have a season like DA's in his first two seasons.

His 1st season he did throw for 3200 yards, but only 17 TDs to 16 INTs. Not exactly great.

So you are saying that DA's first year as a starter was, indeed, "great"?

Yet shitcan him over that injury-filled mess last year in which no one on the offense played well?

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS
Why go back to Anderson? Salvage what? He couldn't do better than Quinn anyway.

Since 2006 when Anderson first started, he has:

Almost as many multiple INT games (8) as multi TD games (14).

He has 46 TD and 40 Turnovers.

His ratings have been 63.1, 82.5, 66.5

1-13 vs playoff teams.

3-9 in the AFCN

Averaged 140 yards in 6 of 9 starts last season

That is more an indictment of DA than a support for Quinn.

If Quinn falls flat on his face and sucks the big one, I will not look back and say I was wrong about DA. Wrong about Quinn, but not about DA

You do realize that everyone of those examples above dwarfs Brady Quinns accomplishments right? I mean Brady has had equal multiple TD games as INT games (3-TD's to at least 4-Turnovers if you count the Garo Yepremian-like turnover), 0-fer vrs playoff teams (let alone Super Bowl Champs), 0-fer in AFCN, 1-3 as a starter, Averaged 128 yards in four starts ....

I mean, you guys toss these stats around like 'Lookie, he's horrible!" while pimping a guy that would cream his pants and the entire Brady Nation if he could put up somewhere close to those numbers.

9-9 in his last 18 starts and while most admit that an 8-8 season would be a dream season here this year under Brady, it ain't likely.

I think what Zombo is trying to say, and has said, is quit bashing Anderson because in the process you are really bashing Brady Quinn as unfortunately the bar Anderson has put up is over Quinns expectation for at least another full year.

Because Mangini said the competition was "real close" and that he liked both QBs and because he said he'll play the QB that gives the best chance to win.

If we keep losing and Quinn keeps playing badly, he will turn to Anderson, I'm surprised anyone would disagree with that.

Zombo

There's only been 1 game played. This argument is not valid yet. Absolutely no reason to be a negative nancy and try to predict future debacles to make yourself look good.

Yet shitcan him over that injury-filled mess last year in which no one on the offense played well?

But it is still his responsibility to go out and win the football game and play much better than he did on Sunday.

No excuses for DA in 08,

So which is it, man. No excuses, or a shit load of excuses?

I think what Zombo is trying to say, and has said, is quit bashing Anderson because in the process you are really bashing Brady Quinn as unfortunately the bar Anderson has put up is over Quinns expectation for at least another full year.

What you simpletons gloss over quite conveniently is DA has had 27 starts while Quinn has 4.

They were both 1-3 after 4 starts.

You do realize that everyone of those examples above dwarfs Brady Quinns accomplishments right?

My thoughts exactly.

Hey Vegas if you want to say "He couldn't do any better than Quinn anyway" it's probably not best to follow it up with statistics that show how much better he is than Quinn.

My thoughts exactly.

You don't have an original thought, Dumbnuts. Funny, Atenears was just on the board a minute ago, and you weren't. Now you're on and he isn't.

Stan, when are you going to stop being the fag and end the dumbass Dumbnuts game???????

We've all known for quite some time now. It is getting wierd.

22 Members: Eastlakeian, Vegasdogg, shepwrite, ATENEARS, berniekosarisgod, ballpeen, Masters, razor1414, mnofdichotomy, AustinDawg, mz the pussy., liver42, Solon16, Kennel Club, roach, Riffer X, Riceloft, BMWMK2, Gips, BrownIndian, AdaM, Legacy Fan

Time is now: 17th September 2009 - 08:55 AM

19 Members: JADBF, ClevelandFanForLife, roach, Vegasdogg, Nafreleets, The Gipper, car ramrod, mz the pussy., Legacy Fan, Dan in Florida, Thomas5737, Metcalf_FTW, liver42, Jason J, calfoxwc, DeadWombat, 585Dawg, Lumbergh, jackson52animal

Time is now: 17th September 2009 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, maybe we should keep the stupid charade going?

Guest ATENEARS

Yikes! Did you see that? both mine and Lumberghs names were real big in the above scenario ...

(anyone else hear strange twilight show music playing in the background?)

What has Drew Brees won so far?

What, now I have to defend Drew Brees?

He has won 55 NFL games, been to three Pro Bowls, been a 1st-team All-Pro, been AP offensive Player of the Year and currently has thrown for over 4,400 yards in three consectutive seasons.

Do you just respond just to respond?

Zombo

You know what, I won't even hold BQ to that same bar.

If he goes 10-6, throws for maybe 3200 yards and 20 TDs ... I'll be happy as a pig in shit.

Let's see here.. I am an Irish-Catholic Notre Dame fan Cleveland Brown die hard ... do you think that maybe I want to see Quinn do well?

I want to be dancing on the tables this Sunday at 7PM. I want Quinn to trash the donkeys like there is no tomorrow,.

Why we have to trash DA to support BQ ... that is what I don't get ... and never will get.

Zombo

Archived