THE BROWNS BOARD

HEY NICKERS THE BROWNS SURE DO SUCK

syd

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Really?  Nobody's holding a pistol to your head to follow this team.  Do you how many times Brian Sipe had miserable 1st halves only to erase late game deficits like Watson helped this team with.  Watson completed all of his last 14 passes

There's a great place for all of Baker's Cheesecake Heads to follow him https://buczone.com/forum/

Enjoy the kool aid

18 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I am. It has a 6-3 record for a refreshing change.

Oh yes everyone (6-3) has us all giddy,  with BAL just  barely  over  CLE & PIT at (6-3) each  but remember folks  it's the  next  game that really matters now.

A  loss  would put us all back on our butts again at dare we say it .....  (6-4)  :o .    Time for another good game and a serious win  at the CBS everyone !  

Let's try to reel off a few good  ... WWWs  in a row and get this season  rockin' and rollin' ..... baby !

GO BROWNS !

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Zombo likes to change posters names when they root for other teams.

Maybe he needs to do the same to Browns fans who root against the Browns. 

It's a strange era we're in.   When I was younger, people that were fans of the Cleveland Browns rooted for the Cleveland Browns. They didn't say "there's no way I can follow ANY team that has a player (Jim Brown) with allegations of throwing a girl off a 4th story balcony on the campus of Syracuse University no matter how good he is at football."  If their fathers told them he was the best football player on the planet and he played for their favorite team - they rooted for him because he helped that team win.  They didn't have to LIKE what kind of human he was ACCUSED of being off the field - they just loved their team.   

In today's social media era, people make predictions and they root for them to come true 1st while rooting for the Browns is a distant 2nd with conditions associated of course.  And why?  Because they will get way too much attention doing so.  In the game thread the people that need Watson to fail or struggle seemed way happier when he started 1 for 10 passing than they were when he completed his final 14 passes helping the Browns overcome a 14 point deficit to beat the 1st place team in the AFC North.  Make sense?  It shouldn't...

My point?  Do we feed it or starve it?   Asks the knucklehead that just fed it....

31 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It's a strange era we're in.   When I was younger, people that were fans of the Cleveland Browns rooted for the Cleveland Browns. They didn't say "there's no way I can follow ANY team that has a player (Jim Brown) with allegations of throwing a girl off a 4th story balcony on the campus of Syracuse University no matter how good he is at football."  If their fathers told them he was the best football player on the planet and he played for their favorite team - they rooted for him because he helped that team win.  They didn't have to LIKE what kind of human he was ACCUSED of being off the field - they just loved their team.   

In today's social media era, people make predictions and they root for them to come true 1st while rooting for the Browns is a distant 2nd with conditions associated of course.  And why?  Because they will get way too much attention doing so.  In the game thread the people that need Watson to fail or struggle seemed way happier when he started 1 for 10 passing than they were when he completed his final 14 passes helping the Browns overcome a 14 point deficit to beat the 1st place team in the AFC North.  Make sense?  It shouldn't...

My point?  Do we feed it or starve it?   Asks the knucklehead that just fed it....

I may not like certain individuals on the home team.. But in no way do I waiver my support or fandom of the team.. These days I'm a big Nick Chubb and Amari Cooper fan and the work ethic they bring... Anyone that hopes for their team to lose is twisted in my view... I mean hell I don't like our teams owner.. I think he's a total dip wad. But I want him to be successful so our team is successful.. If they prove me wrong and I eat a little crow.. I'm all for it... I don't need young assholes on a board forum telling me how to root for my team when I've been watching this team longer then they have been alive... Football is like a roll of toilet paper for me.. It's like Entertainment.. I use it when I need it.. It's not a way of life for me, and I don't have the patience or the time to put in useless hours of film study that will be forgotten in 24 hours by most... I devote enough time in my day to practice my craft of making music and some digital art... And battling malady's that were inflicted upon me. Anyone whose laughs at this sort of thing is a sick,fucked up individual IMHO .... I didn't come here for a pat on the back, Win medals or flex my limited football knowledge just to show people how brilliant or smart they think they are... There's always someone out there.. Who are more mentally adept than they are... Take all your film study and gibbeldy goop.. And put it where the sun don't shine...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

I may not like certain individuals on the home team.. But in no way do I waiver my support or fandom of the team.. These days I'm a big Nick Chubb and Amari Cooper fan and the work ethic they bring... Anyone that hopes for their team to lose is twisted in my view... I mean hell I don't like our teams owner.. I think he's a total dip wad. But I want him to be successful so our team is successful.. If they prove me wrong and I eat a little crow.. I'm all for it... I don't need assholes on a board forum telling me how to root for my team when I've been watching this team longer then they have been alive...

Would you have people on this board telling you how to root for this team if you haven't spent most of this season telling them "I told you all Watson is going to kill this team/season?"  It's a golden rule kind of thing.   You spent quite a bit of time in the game thread doing that and it got on my last nerve. 

Here's a game where the Browns overcame a 14 point deficit late in the game where there was no more margin of error remaining if the Browns wanted to win.  They won!  You railroaded yourself so far into your Watson rant that you couldn't really enjoy and celebrate the win.  We go way back together in here through thick and thin; and that would have been a fun day to double high 5 you instead of wondering who put hallucinogens in your salad.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I'm almost certain that most of Jim Browns crimes against women came after he retired, and they were not just accusations, they happened.

Nevertheless, JB is dead. You'd think liberal social justice warriors would have already bought tickets to Cleveland to tear down his statue.

32 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Would you have people on this board telling you how to root for this team if you haven't spent most of this season telling them "I told you all Watson is going to kill this team/season?"  It's a golden rule kind of thing.   You spent quite a bit of time in the game thread doing that and it got on my last nerve. 

Here's a game where the Browns overcame a 14 point deficit late in the game where there was no more margin of error remaining if the Browns wanted to win.  They won!  You railroaded yourself so far into your Watson rant that you couldn't really enjoy and celebrate the win.  We go way back together in here through thick and thin; and that would have been a fun day to double high 5 you instead of wondering who put hallucinogens in your salad.

Yeah.. and Watson is out for the season with a cracked ankle I just heard..

Edit" Correction injured shoulder..

5 hours ago, FY56 said:

I'm almost certain that most of Jim Browns crimes against women came after he retired, and they were not just accusations, they happened.

Nevertheless, JB is dead. You'd think liberal social justice warriors would have already bought tickets to Cleveland to tear down his statue.

You should have told Ghoolie that the 1st time he brought it up.  Being from Upstate NY, I know a lot about the story that unfolded. Go look at the wall of fame in the Dome and ask yourself why Ernie Davis is King.  All that said, I always speak highly of Jim Brown as a Cleveland Brown.  I also root for Watson.  You might want to understand the conversation you've thrown your ignorance into.  Most people that aren't cowards only need 1 screen name.  Anything else?  We could meet in person if you have any further issues...

52 minutes ago, Flugel said:

You should have told Ghoolie that the 1st time he brought it up.  Being from Upstate NY, I know a lot about the story that unfolded. Go look at the wall of fame in the Dome and ask yourself why Ernie Davis is King.  All that said, I always speak highly of Jim Brown as a Cleveland Brown.  I also root for Watson.  You might want to understand the conversation you've thrown your ignorance into.  Most people that aren't cowards only need 1 screen name.  Anything else?  We could meet in person if you have any further issues...

I also think highly of JB as a Cleveland Brown, not so much as an upstanding member of society.

I understand exactly what this conversation entails. You just don't like being wrong.

Just say it.  Gorka. Anytime anyone plays that card it means I touched a nerve. Good.

In the 50's and 60's, we didn't have a whole lot of entitled multimillion dollar athletes/criminals, race baiting, political agenda driven athletes in sports either. I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but people like Nick have the right to think the way they do.

3 hours ago, FY56 said:

I also think highly of JB as a Cleveland Brown, not so much as an upstanding member of society.

I understand exactly what this conversation entails. You just don't like being wrong.

Just say it.  Gorka. Anytime anyone plays that card it means I touched a nerve. Good.

In the 50's and 60's, we didn't have a whole lot of entitled multimillion dollar athletes/criminals, race baiting, political agenda driven athletes in sports either. I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but people like Nick have the right to think the way they do.

You'd have to be someone I respect to strike a nerve with an ignorant comment.  I'm from upstate NY.  Student taught in Syracuse and went to college 28 miles south of Syracuse.  I know all about the SU football history. 

I don't like to admit I'm wrong?  Maybe if you didn't get suspended or thrown off the message board you'd see how often I admit to being wrong in here.  In fact, I'm wrong right now for thinking I could have an adult conversation with you.

I was also wrong before you got kicked off posting I didn't have any problems talking football with you.  Today was quite a different story - you couldn't help yourself with the liberal social justice warriors comment. What's with the tough guy act?  

Nickers and I have been friends on the message board since 2006.  You don't know any of this.  Try reading the flow of discussion and have an adult explain it to you.  

I know a lot more than you want me to know about what happened when Jim Brown went to SU and where he played his high school football on Long Island.  Whatever!  We never had to go down this path and you know that.  

Again, if you feel the need to prove you're tough to me nothing shy of a face to face will suffice. Okay pumpkin?

30 minutes ago, Flugel said:

You'd have to be someone I respect to strike a nerve with an ignorant comment.  I'm from update NY.  Student taught in Syracuse and went to college 28 miles south of Syracuse.  I know all about the SU football history. 

Nickers and I have been friends on the message board since 2006.  You don't know any of this.  Try reading the flow of discussion and have an adult explain it to you.

Throwing political jargon around like liberal social justice warriors doesn't make you tough hiding behind one of your 2 screen names Punk.   I know a lot more than you want me to know about what happened when Jim Brown went to SU.  

Tom it's all good.. I respect a lot of what you say because you always do it with class.. And you don't insult anyone's intelligence or belittle people... I grew up in the streets.. But I have also had an upper middle class upbringing..  My father was somewhat of a rackateer in his younger days running Speak easy's and such. I know things about the underworld you wont read in any books or see on TV..But I was also raied by a Viet Nam vet stepfather.. I was terrible in school.. I found school absolutely boring... I got more education from reading history books and almost every book penned by the late great Carl Sagan... Got most of my education sitting in my parents bar and restaurant as a kid just watching and studying people.. That carried over to my experiences living on the street homeless when I was 17-18 years old.. And I vowed I would never be in that position ever again!.. Knock on wood.. I live a decent life...

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nickers said:

Tom it's all good.. I respect a lot of what you say because you always do it with class.. And you don't insult anyone's intelligence or belittle people... I grew up in the streets.. But I have also had an upper middle class upbringing..  My father was somewhat of a rackateer in his younger days running Speak easy's and such. I know things about the underworld you wont read in any books or see on TV..But I was also raied by a Viet Nam vet stepfather.. I was terrible in school.. I found school absolutely boring... I got more education from reading history books and almost every book penned by the late great Carl Sagan... Got most of my education sitting in my parents bar and restaurant as a kid just watching and studying people.. That carried over to my experiences living on the street homeless when I was 17-18 years old.. And I vowed I would never be in that position ever again!.. Knock on wood.. I live a decent life...

Thanks Nicks! I appreciate the kind words. We've been at this a long time together. We always converse in the daily threads  I know how much this team means to you - you wear your heart on your sleeves for it. You always have.  If this team is finally going somewhere this year - I want you to be able to enjoy it. We're gonna enjoy it!

Now if we can just figure out a way to beat Pittsburgh with 1 backup Tackle and 1 backup's backup Tackle facing Watt and Highsmith.  My guess? Start by running on Pittsburgh.  I'd love to see the Fortress at Right Tackle back and able to play again this week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Thanks Nicks! I appreciate the kind words. We've been at this a long time together. We always converse in the daily threads  I know how much this team means to you - you wear your heart on your sleeves for it. You always have.  If this team is finally going somewhere this year - I want you to be able to enjoy it. We're gonna enjoy it!

Now if we can just figure out a way to beat Pittsburgh with 1 backup Tackle and 1 backup's backup Tackle facing Watt and Highsmith.  My guess? Start by running on Pittsburgh.  I'd love to see the Fortress at Right Tackle back and able to play again this week.

Sheesh!.. Can it get any harder?

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

Just say it.  Gorka. Anytime anyone plays that card it means I touched a nerve. 

I literally made fun of you so hard about you taking another man's name that you changed your handle and disappeared off the Browns forum for months, hiding over on your safe space.

But sure, after now begging to be let back on here, tell yourself that you really "trigger" people, or whatever pussies like you that hide behind a keyboard tell each other. It's adorable. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1