THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Rams

Orion

image.png.eee5b0437e5a0b8ac64468730894dbfa.png

The Rams were my brother's favorite team.  And they were Cleveland's favorite team too...until they left Cleveland flat.

This is a game that we really need to win.  We can't start stacking losses.  But it's difficult to have faith when you don't know who will be playing QB.

By the numbers, the Rams appear to be a mid-pack team.  Not really good at anything but not bad at anything either.   Our numbers have been holding pretty steady with the exception of the run defense which fell another spot to 11th.  

We've become an injury riddled team.  If Myles can't go our D will be in a world of hurt.  And Ward is needed back as well.

Go Browns!  Come back from the west coast 8-4 

(getting this thread done early again, rehearsal Wed. night and the Christmas show for the Veterans on Saturday)  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

image.png.eee5b0437e5a0b8ac64468730894dbfa.png

The Rams were my brother's favorite team.  And they were Cleveland's favorite team too...until they left Cleveland flat.

This is a game that we really need to win.  We can't start stacking losses.  But it's difficult to have faith when you don't know who will be playing QB.

By the numbers, the Rams appear to be a mid-pack team.  Not really good at anything but not bad at anything either.   Our numbers have been holding pretty steady with the exception of the run defense which fell another spot to 11th.  

We've become an injury riddled team.  If Myles can't go our D will be in a world of hurt.  And Ward is needed back as well.

Go Browns!  Come back from the west coast 8-4 

(getting this thread done early again, rehearsal Wed. night and the Christmas show for the Veterans on Saturday)  

Smart money says give the points away with the Rams.

Yes, it's going to be tough again. Stafford is no slouch, Browns are pretty banged up.

Just my two cents- utilize whatever speed we have on offense. Dome game, please "open it up" regardless who's QB-ing. Like @Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said in another thread.

Attack the Rams. Go get it done. Go Browns

48 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yes, it's going to be tough again. Stafford is no slouch, Browns are pretty banged up.

Just my two cents- utilize whatever speed we have on offense. Dome game, please "open it up" regardless who's QB-ing. Like @Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said in another thread.

Attack the Rams. Go get it done. Go Browns

If they elect to go with walker they need to get some pine tar on that man’s gloves.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bbedward said:

If they elect to go with walker they need to get some pine tar on that man’s gloves.

I'm with you, I don't want to see him in there even though he knows the offense. His heart is there, his pocket awareness is not.

47 minutes ago, bbedward said:

22 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I'm with you, I don't want to see him in there even though he knows the offense. His heart is there, his pocket awareness is not.

And take off his blindfold.🙈

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And take off his blindfold.🙈

Maybe he just has Rick Vaughn Syndrome and needs a new Rx for his contact lenses

1 hour ago, syd said:

Browns who will not practice today due to injury: M. Garrett (shoulder) M. Goodwin (concussion) K. Hunt (groin) J. Thornhill (calf) W. Teller (calf) D. Thompson-Robinson (concussion) D. Ward (shoulder)

I noticed yesterday that John Kelly is back on the practice squad.

• Upvote 1

Once Flacco was signed, I wanted him up to speed and starting asap.  (not certain how long it takes to get up to speed...but asap).  I would much rather have an older guy that's seen it all than a 5th round rookie being thrust into the starting role and seeing the NFL speed and talent for the first time.  I mean, that'd be fine if we were back in our doormat team stage...but we're not anymore.  We're a real contender...without our starting franchise QB.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

.  We're a real contender...without our starting franchise QB.

We're a legit contender to make the playoffs without Watson.

We are not a legit Super Bowl contender with DTR, PJ Walker or Flacco as our QB. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Once Flacco was signed, I wanted him up to speed and starting asap.  (not certain how long it takes to get up to speed...but asap).  I would much rather have an older guy that's seen it all than a 5th round rookie being thrust into the starting role and seeing the NFL speed and talent for the first time.  I mean, that'd be fine if we were back in our doormat team stage...but we're not anymore.  We're a real contender...without our starting franchise QB.

He's probably just learning playbook and mostly terminology differences like "UH-OH!"  "Ooooops"   "HELP"  "FOUR" etc.

Looking at the article KD shared - looks like he has it all down...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

UnFuckingReal.  

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

17 minutes ago, Flugel said:

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

Not sure buddy.  But if I had to take a guess, given how this season has unfolded - I'd say the prognosis is likely shitty.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Mary Kay, in her infinite wisdom, now reporting Myles might have structural damage in his shoulder.

UnFuckingReal.  

Why is she saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

9 minutes ago, Flugel said:

😆 I didn't but I do now.  Thanks to you that finally makes sense to me. 

See...I come in handy sometimes.  :)   

There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  :)  

• Upvote 1