THE BROWNS BOARD

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Rams

Orion

38 minutes ago, Orion said:

See...I come in handy sometimes.  :)   

There used to be a restaurant in my home town called the Fore And Aft.   While dating I took my, now wife, there on Valentines Day.  And then every year after until it closed.  I guess it went under.  :)  

sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, syd said:

sault st marie michigan  had a bar called the back door inn. The sign said enter in the rear, great place strong drinks

OMG, I could almost see your sparring partner Nickers asking the wrong girl "Do you mind if I push your stool in?"

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Why is she Mary Kay saying that? Did the MRI (for tendons like in rotator cuff)or an xray (for bones)show structural?

A little bit of a drama queen.  

You can catch their daily report... though Myles didn't practice he was working out on the sidelines, and says he's going to play. Pop? A dislocation that spontaneously went back into place? 

More takes- DTR didn't practice. Looking more & more like we're going to see Joe Sunday. Unfortunately Aaron Donald is healthy.  Amari Cooper said he's playing. More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

More concerning is Hospital Ward DNP- again.  We sure could use him with the Rams having WRs like Puka and Cooper Kupp.  

And I am playing Kupp on my FFL team this week for that very reason. I will play Hunt as well if healthy because he would be the most reliable safety valve for Joe who will know exactly where he's located. EDIT: I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

10 hours ago, syd said:

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I acquired Sutton, WR Denver, in our last supplementary redraft because I was so impressed with what he did to our D.

Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah, too bad for Greg Newsome. A hero in Baltimore & unfortunately a real bad day in Denver.

Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Speaking of bad days............................our dear Huey has been fired from his job of HC at Grambling after two season. Say it ain't so.

Should we shed a tear for Huey? Probably not, and he's got his million$$.  Um, "that dog won't hunt", or "that man can't coach"? 

Where to watch on the local tvs this weekend?

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=13 

Looks like for the late Fox game most of the nation opted for the SF v. Philly game. I suppose you can’t blame them. San Fran has really good sourdough bread, and Philly has the cheesesteaks, so put ‘em together and you got one helluva sandwich.

But still, most of Ohio, except for my forsaken homies in Van Wert, gets the Browns, as well as a large swath in the greater LA area. Got a few households in northern KY and parts of IN, WV and PA are blessed with Brownie football too. To hell with your sandwiches!

IMG_9649.jpeg

23 hours ago, hoorta said:

Dayton still has the Duck Inn.  😉

Ok,  so wear exactly is the  Duck Inn  and what is going on there ?  And the detals there must be some good stuff to be still there in Dayton.   :)

11 hours ago, syd said:

now thats a story for a different day  Oh yeah !

Oh yes !  Some very  intresting  stories  on many dates.  Some football, poker nights, last calls and  late nights until the sun comes up.  Late nIghts in Youngstown and Girard, OH (I had an apartment there for about there for abot 5 years) and other cities that end up in breakfasts and then crash in bed .....  and it goes on and on getting up in time for my classes at Youngstown State University   ♥︎  "YSU".    And then start over again ......

On 11/30/2023 at 6:02 AM, Flugel said:

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!    Do I dare ask what's the prognosis with Denzel Ward's shoulder?    If it wasn't for bad news lately - we wouldn't have any news...

Well no shit. Wards shoulder, Watson’s shoulder and now Myles’ shoulder. Who else but the Browns.

Who do you suppose should shoulder the blame?

• Upvote 1

Browns
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Joel Bitonio G   Full Participation in Practice  
Geron Christian T   Full Participation in Practice  
Amari Cooper WR   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jordan Elliott DT   Full Participation in Practice  
Mike Ford CB   Full Participation in Practice  
Myles Garrett DE   Full Participation in Practice  
Marquise Goodwin WR Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Nick Harris C Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
James Hudson T Not injury related - personal matter Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Kareem Hunt RB   Full Participation in Practice  
David Njoku TE   Full Participation in Practice  
Ogbo Okoronkwo DE   Full Participation in Practice  
Sione Takitaki LB   Full Participation in Practice  
Wyatt Teller G   Full Participation in Practice  
Juan Thornhill S   Limited Participation in Practice  
Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Anthony Walker LB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Denzel Ward CB Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Out

Rams
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Brian Allen C   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Aaron Donald DT   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Rob Havenstein T   Full Participation in Practice  
Michael Hoecht LB Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Cooper Kupp WR   Full Participation in Practice  
Quentin Lake S Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Larrell Murchison DT   Full Participation in Practice  
Ben Skowronek WR  

Full Participation in Practice

Denzell being out is bad.  We have the #1 pass defense....but a part of that is because of him.  (jersey & gloves in the HOF)  We'll have to pressure Stafford.  He cannot be given time in the pocket.  Of, course, if Myles drops out of the game at some point...well...

Goodwin hasn't played in a month...

If DTR is to survive as a QB he's gonna have to get the ball thrown away BEFORE the defender is smashing into him.

Flacco has had less than two weeks with the team...and just a few days taking snaps with the starters.   Huh, boy....

8 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Maybe this will finally convince Stefanski to: Run. The. Damn. Ball!?!

Nah, probably not...

Cleveland 33.4          
2 Baltimore 32.5          
3 Atlanta 32.0          
4 Philadelphia 31.7          
5 Chicago 31.3          
6 San Francisco 30.5          
7 Detroit 29.8          
8 Jacksonville 29.1          
9 Indianapolis 28.5          
10 Dallas 28.4

Just now, Korsou Dawg said:

Who needs facts when I can just shout stuff at the TV?!

I think Stefanski gets a lot of nonsense yelled at him regarding the run game in general, I don't know how often I've read Browns fans say "THEY NEED TO GIVE NICK CHUBB THE BALL MORE!" when he's always at the top of rushing attempts.

But a complaint that has merit is sometimes the timing of when he runs and doesn't. That complaint I totally get. There are games where we fall behind by one score and all the sudden Stefanski turns into "RUN AND SHOOT KEVIN!". 

• Upvote 1

So, I'll look at some of postgame numbers...or lack thereof.  Myles did not register a stat in the game.  You'll have to find the snap count somewhere as the closest thing to a stat for him.

Flacco completed only 52% of his passes.  But that guy threw a ton of balls away.  The battery in his internal clock is still working fine.  He looks for his target(s), if there's nothing, he might throw over the head of the longest receiver, (INT excluded) essentially throwing it away and praying for a PI call.  Or He throws it out of bounds.  He's not interested in his completion percentage.  He's interested in doing the best thing he can with that football for that particular play.  

Flacco was under center quite a bit.  I LIKE THAT!  We don't do that anymore...but Flacco doesn't come from 'anymore'...he comes from 'back when'.  He did a masterful job with the play action.  Textbook technique.

That man played like a pro!

Back to numbers......the Rams ran the ball 2 more times than we did.   The Rams outgained us in total yards by that one 70+ yard TD pass.  

Both teams had 20 first downs

We had the ball for 8 more minutes than the Rams.

The INT hurt a lot...not so much because it was an INT, but because the guy ran it back so far.  It could've been like a punt...but instead it was like a 3 yard run and a fumble.  

We missed Ward.  We will be needing him back for Trevor Lawrence.  -  Some of our DB's are slow.  They can't catch guys with the ball and tackle them.  They just chase and hope the guy drops the ball.  -  We need to continue drafting DB's.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Orion said:

So, I'll look at some of postgame numbers...or lack thereof.  Myles did not register a stat in the game.  You'll have to find the snap count somewhere as the closest thing to a stat for him.

Flacco completed only 52% of his passes.  But that guy threw a ton of balls away.  The battery in his internal clock is still working fine.  He looks for his target(s), if there's nothing, he might throw over the head of the longest receiver, (INT excluded) essentially throwing it away and praying for a PI call.  Or He throws it out of bounds.  He's not interested in his completion percentage.  He's interested in doing the best thing he can with that football for that particular play.  

Flacco was under center quite a bit.  I LIKE THAT!  We don't do that anymore...but Flacco doesn't come from 'anymore'...he comes from 'back when'.  He did a masterful job with the play action.  Textbook technique.

That man played like a pro!

Back to numbers......the Rams ran the ball 2 more times than we did.   The Rams outgained us in total yards by that one 70+ yard TD pass.  

Both teams had 20 first downs

We had the ball for 8 more minutes than the Rams.

The INT hurt a lot...not so much because it was an INT, but because the guy ran it back so far.  It could've been like a punt...but instead it was like a 3 yard run and a fumble.  

We missed Ward.  We will be needing him back for Trevor Lawrence.  -  Some of our DB's are slow.  They can't catch guys with the ball and tackle them.  They just chase and hope the guy drops the ball.  -  We need to continue drafting DB's.  

Yes on all of your ramblings.

It's crazy how the Rams, and to a degree Denver exploited a weakness on the Browns' D. Quick-hitting plays to the edges are killing us. 

The Browns have done a good job finding DBs in general the last several years, but when they only have 2 LBs on the field, it's a disaster with tackling. It seemed to me Stafford (& Wilson) checked out of many plays to exploit this weakness. 

With Garrett & Ward out/limited, the D is very ordinary. Schwartz has done a great job in general, but he's got to figure out this large hole quick.

My own personal opinion is our LBs aren't great either. Takitaki makes a splash play or 2 once in a while, Walker is decent, not great, & JOK is the best, basically a hustle/smart player, but he cannot do it all.

Maybe the modern day NFL doesn't allow the stud LB guys we loved/loved to hate like Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, Urlacher, etc due to the 4 & 5 WR sets. But I'd sure like to see one like that in Cleveland.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 8:19 PM, mjp28 said:

Ok,  so wear exactly is the  Duck Inn  and what is going on there ?  And the detals there must be some good stuff to be still there in Dayton.   :)

I remember drinking at a place called the winking lizard. I do not remember it, but the name stuck with me