THE BROWNS BOARD

●  "The Official"  🏈  - NFL WEEK 14 - JAX at CLE 🏈 Dec.10 Must win? ● CLE 31-27 !! ●

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, syd said:

going for it on 4th down was ballsy also,Great play to Ball

Literally almost spit out my water on that play. I was in the middle of explaining to my wife, who was asking if they should go for it, that we were almost certainly just trying to draw the other team offsides, and there was NO WAY we would possibly snap the... 

TOUCHDOWN! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Literally almost spit out my water on that play. I was in the middle of explaining to my wife, who was asking if they should go for it, that we were almost certainly just trying to draw the other team offsides, and there was NO WAY we would possibly snap the... 

TOUCHDOWN! 🤣

I was already angrily typing my internet post on why the browns should fire stefanski and blow up the roster as soon as Joe started rolling out, then touchdown…maybe next week 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bbedward said:

No ward despite practice all week, wtf is that about.

Also Lawrence is a whiny baby who over exaggerates every injury. 

bb, damn, what a miracle recovery!!!  He may be one tough dude, but you can bet that in reality was just a pretty minor high ankle sprain.  

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

He gave them the pompetus of love on that play

My condensed POVs   I hate Steve Miller's music in general, but that song in particular.   

6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Jags continue to put 9 and 10 within 8 yards. I like those swing passes to Ford as an extension of the running game.

The sweeps weren't working all day with scrubs playing tackle.  

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Two more wins and playoffs?

Yeah maybe....  But way too many teams one game back. Three, and we're golden.  

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

No.

A Bills loss is what we needed. 

That from a Browns perspective is true.   However, the Bills are currently buried so deep in the playoff standings, they're about going to have to win out, and get a lot of help on top of it.  😉 And I don't hate them nearly as much as the other contenders, like the Steelers and Bengals. We wouldn't meet them until the AFC Championship either.  

9 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

we were almost certainly just trying to draw the other team offsides, and there was NO WAY we would possibly snap the... 

TOUCHDOWN! 🤣

Flacco's eyes had to be as big as his dinner plate, seeing 2 white jerseys follow Moore, leaving 1 brown jersey wide open.. His head never came off his bunch set read. Vet QB wasn't missing that throw.. Joe put it on Bell 

Stef needed that call to work as much as Joe did to change game momentum..

Even if he stole it from some teams tape room ;)  We'll take it : )

Goodnight Winners

• Upvote 1

~   Goodnight  Cleveland BROWNS  fans everywhere !   And get ready for the  next  game up.

Screenshot_2023-12-10_231101.jpg

• Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to ●  "The Official"  🏈  - NFL WEEK 14 - JAX at CLE 🏈 Dec.10 Must win? ● CLE 31-27 !! ●

My talking points for this game:

Martin Emerson. Holy hell dude that overshot pick was one helluva catch. Hats off. 

Schlong Hopkins. Favorite kicker since Phil “the human battering ram” Dawson. Tasked with knocking down a 55 yarder as his only glory shot in the game, and nails it.

Man l miss Nick Chubb. Heal up and keep being awesome man.

Stefanski, hell yeah. I AM that asshole standing on the coffee table screaming “GO FOR IT!!!” Kevin Stefanski is my spirit animal.

Flacco: l appreciate the irony that a dude l used to curse under my breath l am now cursing over my breath. The concept of cursing with elevation is freaking me out. 

From the first drive l anticipated a win, which is uncommon and also kinda freaks me out. My old boss (big Browns fan and a good dude) texted me after the game “but why we make it so hard?”

That wasn’t hard. I had to body check the guy. We’re Browns fans. Hope for the best, expect the worst. Toughen up buttercups.

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

bb, damn, what a miracle recovery!!!  He may be one tough dude, but you can bet that in reality was just a pretty minor high ankle sprain.  

My condensed POVs   I hate Steve Miller's music in general, but that song in particular.   

The sweeps weren't working all day with scrubs playing tackle.  

Yeah maybe....  But way too many teams one game back. Three, and we're golden.  

That from a Browns perspective is true.   However, the Bills are currently buried so deep in the playoff standings, they're about going to have to win out, and get a lot of help on top of it.  😉 And I don't hate them nearly as much as the other contenders, like the Steelers and Bengals. We wouldn't meet them until the AFC Championship either.  

Dangerous QB with JA. And the Bills fans somehow think we Browns fans signed DW 😬

Couldn't see the game, just watched the 15 min highlights video.  Why did the Jags go for 2 at the end of the game?

I feel like that just adds more risk and more ways to lose.  I mean, if you convert the 2 pointer, you still need the FG to win.  If you don't convert you need a TD.  But if you kick the extra point, the TD still wins the game, but a FG at least ties it.  (of course the onside kick is in every scenario) 

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Couldn't see the game, just watched the 15 min highlights video.  Why did the Jags go for 2 at the end of the game?

I feel like that just adds more risk and more ways to lose.  I mean, if you convert the 2 pointer, you still need the FG to win.  If you don't convert you need a TD.  But if you kick the extra point, the TD still wins the game, but a FG at least ties it.  (of course the onside kick is in every scenario) 

They went for 2 twice, one time had a delay of game and kicked it. It’s for a couple reasons one of which being analytics. It’s a 50/50 thing and they were ok taking the chance with the browns home defense.

The other thing I’ve heard is their punter was hurt who is their field goal holder. They may not have been comfortable with the risk of #2 idk

I think it’s dumb, but with their division rivals losing and onside kick being such a rare play they wanted to go for the win. I can respect the call by Pederson, don’t think it was a bad one. First one was pretty dumb but they ended up kicking the PAT because of the penalty.

• mjp28 unpinned this topic

I learned today what Myles knew during the game apparently. His sack of Lawrence during the two point conversion try did not count in his season sacks total which is why it did not rise to 14 from 13. That to me is just ridiculous, especially considering how important a "non-sack" it really was in forcing them to have to go for a TD if they got the ball back.

18 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I learned today what Myles knew during the game apparently. His sack of Lawrence during the two point conversion try did not count in his season sacks total which is why it did not rise to 14 from 13. That to me is just ridiculous, especially considering how important a "non-sack" it really was in forcing them to have to go for a TD if they got the ball back.

My only guess is because it's an untimed down.  

10 hours ago, syd said:

even tho he held Myles on every play 

Right now I don't think Myles has the ability to go right, throw the lineman to the left with his left arm and spin inside. He's more hampered by that shoulder than he lets on. I can't blame a new LT for doing what he has to do when refs are giving max leeway. At least Myles did not blame the player, just the refs in charge of calling offensive holding. Very gracious of him to understand and blame the proper person.