THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn at Work

shepwrite

Did the pretty-boy quarterback at your high school nail your girlfriend way back then? You seem obssessed with this hate for the guy.

He's a first round pick. Ya I know he did a free-fall at the draft but after the fish took Ginn, there wasn't anyone for a dozen picks who needed a QB. And if he sucked so bad, how did he set so many records with weak teams at ND.

I'm continually amazed at the posters here who continue to repeat the falsehood that Quinn was playing with weak Notre Dame teams.

I just looked up the Notre Dame offensive starters from 2006... (Michigan game, I figure a game against #4 is important enough they'd play their best guys..)

5 drafted into the NFL, 2 signed free agent contracts with NFL teams, 2 projected NFL draftees announced ahead of time they'd pass (1 to baseball, 1 to the ministry) 1 still playing and is on Outland Trophy watchlist and is a draft prospect... That leaves Ashley McConnell as the ONLY Quinn starting teammate on offense that hasn't garnered NFL interest.

Notre Dame's O was loaded that year.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm continually amazed at the posters here who continue to repeat the falsehood that Quinn was playing with weak Notre Dame teams.

I just looked up the Notre Dame offensive starters from 2006... (Michigan game, I figure a game against #4 is important enough they'd play their best guys..)

5 drafted into the NFL, 2 signed free agent contracts with NFL teams, 2 projected NFL draftees announced ahead of time they'd pass (1 to baseball, 1 to the ministry) 1 still playing and is on Outland Trophy watchlist and is a draft prospect... That leaves Ashley McConnell as the ONLY Quinn starting teammate on offense that hasn't garnered NFL interest.

Notre Dame's O was loaded that year.

I'm continually amazed that you bring this topic back up about twice a week.

Is there anything else we can do for you?

Offensive players from ND

2005 NFL Draft

Jerome Collins TE - RD5 (hasn't played a down in the NFL)

Ryan Grant RB - UDFA (starting RB for GB)

2006 NFL Draft

Anthony Fasano TE - RD2 (starting TE for MIA)

Maurice Stovall WR - RD3 (3rd/4th WR for TB, 21 career receptions)

Dan Stevenson G - RD6 (not on any teams active roster)

2007 NFL Draft

Brady Quinn QB - RD1

Ryan Harris OT - RD3 (on DEN roster - not listed on depth chart)

Dan Santucci G - RD7 (on CIN roster - on IR)

2008 NFL Draft

John Carlson TE - RD2 (starting TE for SEA)

John Sullivan C - RD6 (starting C for MIN)

Not exactly a whose who of offensive players from ND that got drafted, let alone making a major offensive impact in the NFL. Note there is only 1 skill position player in that list starting in the NFL.

Offensive players from ND

2005 NFL Draft

Jerome Collins TE - RD5 (hasn't played a down in the NFL)

Ryan Grant RB - UDFA (starting RB for GB)

2006 NFL Draft

Anthony Fasano TE - RD2 (starting TE for MIA)

Maurice Stovall WR - RD3 (3rd/4th WR for TB, 21 career receptions)

Dan Stevenson G - RD6 (not on any teams active roster)

2007 NFL Draft

Brady Quinn QB - RD1

Ryan Harris OT - RD3 (on DEN roster - not listed on depth chart)

Dan Santucci G - RD7 (on CIN roster - on IR)

2008 NFL Draft

John Carlson TE - RD2 (starting TE for SEA)

John Sullivan C - RD6 (starting C for MIN)

Not exactly a whose who of offensive players from ND that got drafted, let alone making a major offensive impact in the NFL. Note there is only 1 skill position player in that list starting in the NFL.

he ONLY played with 4 current NFL starters on his offense in college?

Oh man what kind of shitty college offense only has 9 NFL players on it?

you want 11 Hall of Famers before you admit his team was stacked?

your data shits on your conclusion.

he ONLY played with 4 current NFL starters on his offense in college?

Oh man what kind of shitty college offense only has 9 NFL players on it?

you want 11 Hall of Famers before you admit his team was stacked?

your data shits on your conclusion.

Where in gods green earth do you get 9 NFL players?

2 of those 9 aren't on rosters today and 1 isn't even on the active roster.

How many skill positions do you see in that list? Not exactly shitting on my conclusion, since my conclusion was "Not exactly a whose who of offensive players from ND that got drafted, let alone making a major offensive impact in the NFL."

He also didn't have each guy for every year at ND. Notice most are OL.

I'm not stoned, I just wish those girls would step off of my dick already.

LOL! Now why did you replace the hotties with Sling Blade under your screen name? Speaking of which, if he heard you talkin about Quinn he'd say: "Leave the boy alone!"

- Tom F.

I like how he outlines all those that were "drafted" without mentioning any names whatsoever. Not that he's incorrect in that they were drafted, but the mere fact it's nobody we've ever heard of should tell you that their impact at the next level has been nill....

It is factual. I gave the name of the only guy on Quinn's offense that didn't get a sniff from the NFL.

Here's the deal. Start naming college offensive units that can say 10 or more of their 11 starters were drafted, signed free agent contracts, or turned down the NFL draft...

Man are you going to have to do some research. Heck, has any D-1 team ever had ALL of their starting unit get serious NFL sniffs? It doesn't matter whether or not they became superstars or impact players in the NFL, even the honey of the team, Brady Quinn, hasn't done that. The fact of the matter is, once you get beyond the first few draft picks, there's a heck of a lot of parity in the draft and there's little separating the remaining players that are drafted... their success often depends more on situations with a team's needs more than their position in the draft.

... most college teams are lucky to get a few players get a sniff from an NFL team in any one year.

Archived