THE BROWNS BOARD

"Official" 🏈  ▪︎ NFL WEEK 17 ▪︎ JETS -at- BROWNS (-7½)  🏈 "The" J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets Thread

Dutch Oven

▪︎ The "Official" ▪︎  🏈  ▪︎ NFL WEEK 17 ▪︎ NY JETS -at- BROWNS (-7½)   🏈  *Thursday*  Dec.28 (O/U 35 )

▪︎ Honestly, considering everything this team has been through, this has been one of the most impressive Browns teams I've ever seen.

It's like 1988 again (the season Kosar, Danielson, Pagel and Strock all started at QB because of injuries) PLUS injuries everywhere else. 

Helluva coaching job by Stefanski and Co., and helluva job by Berry bringing in personnel.

Let's win Thursday night so we can rest some key players the final week. I've love to give Myles some time off. 

• Upvote 3

• mjp28 changed the title to "Official" 🏈  ▪︎ NFL WEEK 17 ▪︎ JETS -at- BROWNS (-7½)  🏈 "The" J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets Thread
  • mjp28 pinned this topic

Apparently the Browns have a thing going tomorrow night where the first 100 fans to bring any old ex-Browns QB jersey from 1999-2021 the team will swap you a brand new white Browns jersey, since tomorrow night is a "white-out night". 

~      Also on the  NFL  WEEK 17  NATIONAL BROADCASTS  will be as shown this week :

●->  Kickoff from Cleveland Browns Stadium is set for 8:15 p.m. ET. Cleveland is a 7.5-point favorite in the latest Jets vs. Browns odds, while the over/under for total points scored is 35.

*The  NATIONAL  BROADCASTS

• ▪︎-> *Thursday Night: NY Jets @  Cleveland (on AMAZON)  8:15 pm  <--●
  • Saturday 8:15 PM ET: Detroit @ Dallas (ESPN/ABC)
  • Sunday Night: Green Bay @ Minnesota (NBC)
  • Plus simulcast on :
  • ●-->  NYJ - CLE  will be simulcast on  ■ WNYW  (FOX/5) ▪︎  New York ■  ~ and ~  WEWS/ABC/5  in  ★ CLEVELAND, OHIO. ★

If Cooper plays tonight, he's 40 yards from overtaking Braylon Edwards for the second most yards ever for a Browns receiver.

He's like 400 yards from the all-time record, so I don't see him passing Josh Gordon. Crazy thing is, I think Gordon only played 14 games the season he racked up 1646 receiving yards 

Since Dutch referenced the 1988 Browns, here is the Week 16 game vs the Oilers. The Browns were down 23-7 and scored three second half TDs to win 28-23. Don Strock, in his 15th season threw for 326 yards.

Browns vs Oilers

Since we never got televised Browns games in Central Indiana, my Grandma would tape them and send them to us. Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy are the voices of my childhood. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AP1 said:

Since Dutch referenced the 1988 Browns, here is the Week 16 game vs the Oilers. The Browns were down 23-7 and scored three second half TDs to win 28-23. Don Strock, in his 15th season threw for 326 yards.

Browns vs Oilers

Since we never got televised Browns games in Central Indiana, my Grandma would tape them and send them to us. Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy are the voices of my childhood. 

Never cared for Bob Trumpy because he was a former Bengal and always talked anti Cleveland shit... Don Criqui on the other hand was a class act as was Dick Enberg...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Honestly, considering everything this team has been through, this has been one of the most impressive Browns teams I've ever seen.

This. 

7 hours ago, bbedward said:

I’d be very surprised if Trevor sieman gets more than 150 yards today.

I'm more concerned with their RB, Breece. He can ball and we haven't gone up against a good RB in a while. Jets are going to do EVERYTHING in their power to run the ball and hit on quick throws to convert 3rd and manageable. We must tackle well and play a clean special teams game. Even if we miss a kick, we can't have a muffed punt, blocked punt, kickoff return, fumble on a kickoff...that type of stuff. We win turnover battle (not exactly our specialty) and we win the game, possibly by 10+. I'm predicting a VERY close game with us pulling away late in 4th.

I don't know why, but I just see us struggling out the gate. The short week, the tired defense, our turnover issues, and our kicker injury might tempt us to go for it when we normally wouldn't. Defense keeps it close, but offense struggles. Jets defend the pass expertly and we can't run it at all. Close, ugly game with us getting it done late, largely due to a defensive touchdown scored by JOK. Cannot wait. 

Brownies - 26

Jets - 17

6 hours ago, AP1 said:

Browns vs Oilers

Strock was a fun guy to watch.  He's probably the only Browns QB that ever had a tan in December..  

Loved me some Criqui and Trumpy.   I wish I could say the same for Merlin Olsen and Dick Enberg; but it seemed like they always did our playoff games vrs Denver.  Great/exciting broadcasters but guilty by association with the heart breaking outcomes.

• Upvote 2

LOL, I'm here in Independence Ohio wasting away in Chardonnay a ville  .. Looking for my lost glass of wine...  But seriously folks... More like waiting for the rain to clear up... So we can head downtown and tailgate... The forecast depends on who you want to believe. Weather.com says rain ending by game time... Accuweather isn't as optimistic with occasional scattered showers...  Low 40s with light wind out the SW doesn't sound too hateful.  

Don't screw this up Browns...  No turnovers should equal a win.  

42 minutes ago, Flugel said:

This.   If you remember this in this game thread tonight.  

Nah, these guys could lose the next two games and miss the playoffs and it wouldn't tarnish the admiration I feel for this team. Sure I'd be devastated as a fan, but they've been so gutsy and so fun to watch. 

But we're punching our ticket tonight. 

• Upvote 2

Haven't been on much the last week or so - work crisis.   Sadly I'll be late to getting to watch the game tonight, and I'll be at my desk sending emails while doing that as well.

Anywho - NYJ defense and Hall in the running game is enough to do damage.   Consistently enough to carry the day remains to be seen.   However you can't make their job easier by turning the damn ball over.     By no small coincidence, the Brownies are playing solid defense, but struggling to run the ball.   We're going against a team with a quality pass rush and solid secondary.    These scenarios tend to favor the team that can run the ball better, but the struggles on the Jets IOL might help to negate that.

I'm not touching this game, money wise, with a 10 foot pole.    And as a fan, I could see this being a blowout either way based on turnovers, or a nail biter in the same mold.  

edit: Happy New years in advance to all you boys!   Everyone stay healthy, stay safe.  For those heading to the game tonight or at minimum those who will be in the city, help get that win by bringing the noise.    I'll do my best to check back in at some point just after we move into 2024.   

Go Brownies!

Go Bucks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AP1 said:

Browns vs Oilers

LOL I watched parts of that game yesterday on youtube LOL

14 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Meh, I’m back in the states, 17 hours in, baggage left in France, customs held up for hours causing missed flight.

ill be watching on no sleep from the airport I guess 🙃

I’m going 28-6 browns on this one 

Holy smokes! Glad you made it back but sounds like the ultimate travel cluster taco. 

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Strock was a fun guy to watch.  He's probably the only Browns QB that ever had a tan in December..  

Loved me some Criqui and Trumpy.   I wish I could say the same for Merlin Olsen and Dick Enberg; but it seemed like they always did our playoff games vrs Denver.  Great/exciting broadcasters but guilty by association with the heart breaking outcomes.

Yeah, Enberg was over rated IMHO. John Elway pom pom guy. 

I'll never forget that comeback win by the Browns. The next week (Christmas Eve), Browns got jobbed on a defensive TD by Jerry Seaman. Moon threw a backwards pass that Clay Matthews scooped up & ran in, but Seaman said "the whistle blew." Yikes. 

• Upvote 1

So I guess I'll be on here to make sure jiggins doesn't get too crazy....

My buddy with the season tickets had these tickets for sale on-line since before the Bears game, but put the price up real high.

Well, someone bit this morning on them. His two tickets, with a combined face value of $225 or so went for $700.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So I guess I'll be on here to make sure jiggins doesn't get too crazy....

My buddy with the season tickets had these tickets for sale on-line since before the Bears game, but put the price up real high.

Well, someone bit this morning on them. His two tickets, with a combined face value of $225 or so went for $700.

I was wondering if you were going tonight

1 minute ago, syd said:

I was wondering if you were going tonight

Part of me really wanted to go, but the other half of me knows I have to drive 3+ hours after work to go down to Hocking Hills for a family get-together and is grateful to get to bed before midnight by staying home and watching it on the TV 😂

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Part of me really wanted to go, but the other half of me knows I have to drive 3+ hours after work to go down to Hocking Hills for a family get-together and is grateful to get to bed before midnight by staying home and watching it on the TV 😂

I havn't been to hocking hills since i was a kid. so hey is there any kind of live local t.v coverage of tailgates  going on ? or should i just go to youtube and roll the dice

9 minutes ago, syd said:

I havn't been to hocking hills since i was a kid. so hey is there any kind of live local t.v coverage of tailgates  going on ? or should i just go to youtube and roll the dice

I don't see anything, not even a local pregame show on.