THE BROWNS BOARD

What? No thread on Myles Garrett being named DPOY?

FY56

It could be an indication that even those of us homers must admit to the fact he didn't deserve it.

Aside from Myles producing only 1 sack in the last 7 games, Watt beat him in nearly every statistical category.

I suppose we can take solace in the fact that it's Pittsburgh getting screwed this time.

• Upvote 2

I see both sides, but Myles is a DE, Watt a LB. 

Myles has been unjustly punished since the Rudolph helmet, allowed to be held 75% of the time. 

It's about time he got recognized with an award. He busted his butt with one shoulder the last 6-7 games & still got double teamed.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Myles has been unjustly punished since the Rudolph helmet, allowed to be held 75% of the time. 

It's about time he got recognized with an award. He busted his butt with one shoulder the last 6-7 games & still got double teamed.

And then vanished when it counted most...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FY56 said:

It could be an indication that even those of us homers must admit to the fact he didn't deserve it.

Dear god, shut THEE fuck up.    Just like a couple other posters on this board, you're in the closet.  At least in your case it means being a Steelers fan.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Dear god, shut THEE fuck up.    Just like a couple other posters on this board, you're in the closet.  At least in your case it means being a Steelers fan.

...it's in my thread, 'So who won coach of the year'.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

...it's in my thread, 'So who won coach of the year'.

Oh I know.  Myles winning, more specifically enjoying the yinzers crying about it, has been covered quite a bit on this board.  

But when you're nothing but a poli board troll who only checks in to troll the football side to make it look like you're "apart" of the board...   Yeah, you tend to miss a lot. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

And then vanished when it counted most...

Speaking of vanishing, didn't Gorka vanish after discussing the same very Myles Garrett back during the season? 🤣

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

How bout you STFU and quit acting like Little Lord Fauntleroy you putz! You don't own this site you arrogant prick!

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Indeed!   It was already well covered.  The poli Trolls are loose in here today.

They're prolly getting tired of trying to support the cult of lies to each other. You can only attend so many clan meetings before the sheets begin to unravel. 🤫🫅

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Bob, Here's what a couple NFL greats think of Myles fwiw.  The last 2 videos overlap info.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They're prolly getting tired of trying to support the cult of lies to each other. You can only attend so many clan meetings before the sheets begin to unravel. 🤫🫅

If this thread wasn't funny enough - there's trolls on this board miserable that Stefanski EARNED his 2nd Coach of the Year award since 2020.  Not to mention how ass hurt FY56 has to be that Tomlin didn't win it prior to his 4th consecutive 1st round playoff loss (votes counted at the end of the regular season).  The 1st one of those losses was against the Browns at Pittsburgh against our backup play-caller and backup Head Coach.  Even a much maligned DC Joe Woods had a game plan that caused 5 turnovers from Roethlisberger.    

"Us homers" -FY56 🤣    I'm sure he has a FL swamp for sale he's advertising as a rich man's dream house in the Pittsburgh classifieds. And people wonder why he had to change his screen name...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flugel said:

If this thread wasn't funny enough - there's trolls on this board miserable that Stefanski EARNED his 2nd Coach of the Year award since 2020.  Not to mention how ass hurt FY56 has to be that Tomlin didn't win it prior to his 4th consecutive 1st round playoff loss (votes counted at the end of the regular season).  The 1st one of those losses was against the Browns at Pittsburgh against our backup play-caller and backup Head Coach.  Even a much maligned DC Joe Woods had a game plan that caused 5 turnovers from Roethlisberger.    

"Us homers" -FY56 🤣    I'm sure he has a FL swamp for sale he's advertising as a rich man's dream house in the Pittsburgh classifieds... 

I would think Gorka would be upset that a Steelers coach wasn't named Coach of the Year is he was Cowher... but Tomlin?

Well, Tomlin isn't exactly Gorka's type. 

• Thanks 1

Bear with me on this comparison. 

Simone Biles, the greatest gymnast in history, gets scored differently than the other gymnasts against whom she competes. Her scores are weighted. When she performs a routine she is scored harder than other gymnasts that perform the same routine.

I admire Myles holding it together with one shoulder. I also agree when the defense needed him most late in the season, he did not come through. 

With that being said, he earned DPOY. He is the most disruptive defensive player in the game. No single player draws more double and triple teams and no player is held more than Myles. Because of his abilities, teams scheme against him and officials level the playing field by not calling when he is held like they would call for other players.

2 hours ago, AP1 said:

Bear with me on this comparison. 

Simone Biles, the greatest gymnast in history, gets scored differently than the other gymnasts against whom she competes. Her scores are weighted. When she performs a routine she is scored harder than other gymnasts that perform the same routine.

I admire Myles holding it together with one shoulder. I also agree when the defense needed him most late in the season, he did not come through. 

With that being said, he earned DPOY. He is the most disruptive defensive player in the game. No single player draws more double and triple teams and no player is held more than Myles. Because of his abilities, teams scheme against him and officials level the playing field by not calling when he is held like they would call for other players.

Well done! That's what Micah Parsons said and why film answers more questions. 

1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

Im more obsessed and can talk or think of nothing else with the next round of discipline against our 230 million dollar project.  Maybe we can get a refund.

FIFY

5 minutes ago, Flugel said:

It absolutely killed the Browns working around that salary all the way to an 11 win season and the #1 Defense.  Can we sign Watson again?  This is addicting!

Oh trust me, I didn't want them to do it originally and I'd get out of it in a second if I could, but there's something almost deliciously hilarious watching the same idiots whine and cry about it... almost makes me wish he had a lifetime contract 🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Im more concerned with the next round of discipline against our 230 million dollar project.  Maybe we can get a refund.

There's nothing new going on with it right now.  The last 2 first round picks this FO made was Jed Wills and Greg Newsome.  Newsome got outplayed by a rookie 3rd round Corner in 2022 to the extent Newsome got confined to covering the slot while Emerson took over his spot).  We can draft a better player than either of those guys in round 2.  I don't think Newsome sucks; but that 1st round selection is looking more and more like a reach.  

23 hours ago, Bob806 said:

But doesn't TJ also line up almost exclusively against the RT, which is typically the "run blocker" of the line?

8g91gd.gif.ebb43d8861ac52ba5d386cd348355430.gif

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

But doesn't TJ also line up almost exclusively against the RT, which is typically the "run blocker" of the line?

Yes, and he's usually in a one-on-one battle. 

Virtually all of his highlights show that. He indeed makes plays, it just doesn't seem like opponents game plan for him. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

He indeed makes plays

Yeah, he's a game wrecker for sure, but the gif I posted highlights why Garrett won DPOY in my opinion. Garrett can be a game wrecker no matter where he lines up.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yes, he does.  I mentioned that in Syd's It's a Major Award thread about this yesterday.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Yes, and he's usually in a one-on-one battle. 

Virtually all of his highlights show that. He indeed makes plays, it just doesn't seem like opponents game plan for him. 

Their guy Highsmith on the other edge seems to attract more blockers.  Highsmith was the stealth that killed the Browns in week 2 with a pick 6 at the LOS and the strip sack of Watson they scored their other TD on.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

FIFY

Jfc...stalk much???  Now even changing what i say?  Get a life creeper.  Just because you love ole rub n tug..doesnt mean I have to.  How you arent banned is beyond me.  You bring nothing to this forum.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Jfc...stalk much???  Now even changing what i say?  Get a life creeper.  Just because you love ole rub n tug..doesnt mean I have to.  How you arent banned is beyond me.  You bring nothing to this forum.

Jesus, you hicks down in Columbiana County sure are sensitive. Your labia are quite chafed. 

Speaking of stalking, does your "wife" express her concern about how your FB page makes you look like Mark David Chapman and Baker Mayfield is your John Lennon? 🤣