THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The Denver Broncos have reportedly traded receiver Jerry Jeudy to the Cleveland Browns, for 5th, 6th rd picks.

• Browns149 changed the title to Browns trade for Jeudy
3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

If true, that's an absolute steal.

Also reaffirms why they were looking so lightly at WR for combine meets and more IDL + IOL

Schefter  is usually correct 

IMG_0601.png

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Also reaffirms why they were looking so lightly at WR for combine meets and more IDL + IOL

Let's hope so. 57 games in 4 years, lots of upside.

Scrolling through some comments from Broncos fans. They're 50/50 on the trade. Half are sick they only got a 5th & a 6th for him. The other half are saying good riddance for no effort. Mark Schlereth was critical of Jeudy.

Denver is a tough situation. I think the change of scenery will do him well.

I'll take a guy that averages 14.5 yards a catch any day of the week.

Screenshot_20240309_134854_Chrome.jpg

Yahoo Sports,  March 9, 

The Denver Broncos have reportedly traded receiver Jerry Jeudy to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for fifth- and sixth-round picks, according to the NFL Network.

Ahead of last season's trade deadline, the Browns reportedly attempted to acquire Jeudy to no avail. But with free agency and the new league year looming, the Broncos and Browns were able to work out a trade.

The deal won't become official until Wednesday, when free agency officially begins.

Wide receiver Jerry Jeudy (10) is headed to Cleveland after spending his first four seasons with the Denver Broncos. (AP Photo/Justin Edmonds)

Denver is in the process of a furious housecleaning to help clear cap space. This move clears $13 million, according to CBS Sports' Jonathan Jones.

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎ The Denver Broncos have reportedly traded receiver Jerry Jeudy to the Cleveland Browns, for 5th, 6th rd picks.

Good deal for Cleveland ?  Denver ?   Both ?  Neither ?

You would think the BROWNS would really like another deep threat would be nice with Amari Cooper.   The price a 5th and a 6th ?

A need with Moore, Bell already there ?

●~~~~~~~~●

▪︎. Playing with abysmal quarterback play in his first three years, however, the production of Jeudy has not lived up to the hype of his draft slot. Through three seasons, Jeudy has yet to break 1,000 yards receiving.

▪︎. His career-high came in 2022, when he racked up 972 yards and six touchdowns in 15 games. This past season he accumulated only 758 yards and two touchdowns in 16 games.

The details of the trade have been released as well, as ESPN’s Adam Schefter has reported that the Browns will get Jeudy for the price of a fifth and sixth round pick in the 2024 NFL draft. When considering this is the shallowest draft class in NFL history, cashing out two of those Day 3 picks to gamble on a former first rounder is well worth the risk.

Now coming to Cleveland, a team in desperate need of an upgrade to their wide receiver room, Jeudy will be inserted as the WR2 for the Browns.

Story originally appeared on Browns Wire

Edited by mjp28

Still days away from 25 years old. Clean injury history. Look at the yards after catch (YAC)

PLAYERS
GP
GS
TGT
DROP
REC
PCT
RECYDS
YAC*
RECAVG
YDS/G
RECTD
LNG

323*

Donkeys just gave J. Jeudy his 5th year option on May 1st 2024. Trading his 12.9M 5th year option, for picks 5.135 & 6.202 

An interesting note from Ian Rapoport that Jeudy’s agent worked to get his client traded to a desired landing spot in Cleveland.

https://overthecap.com/jeudy-traded-to-cleveland

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2024/3/9/24095521/browns-jerry-jeudy-trade-rumors-broncos

• Thanks 1

I love this trade. Exactly what we needed for the WR position.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I thought we were paying pretty close attention to those LBs too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Now coming to Cleveland, a team in desperate need of an upgrade to their wide receiver room, Jeudy will be inserted as the WR2 for the Browns.

Story originally appeared on Browns Wire

Why would the Browns be desperate to upgrade their WR room?

Don't they know the genius that is Comrade Calfox has deemed it to be vastly upgraded last year? 🤣

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Don't they know the genius that is Comrade Calfox has deemed it to be vastly upgraded last year? 🤣

I think Baker also wants an explanation. Apparently the GM that put his career on the line to draft Baker 1st overall (John Dorsey) ONLY added 2 Pro Bowl WRs like Jarvis Landry and OBJ for his QB; while he also drafted TE David Njoku in the 1st round in 2017.  Poor Baker!   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Watch out Dutch, you know he's coming here with some obscure, cherry-picked stat that actually has nothing to do with the point he is trying to make. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The same Baker that Tampa and himself are (rumored) to be at an impasse in terms of $ per year?   With Mayfield believing he's worth A LOT more than the Bucs are willing to pay.    Should be interesting to see how that shakes out.

The folks who would have made this topic about Faker Mehfield haven't even posted, and you guys are still talking about him. Sadge.

What are we thinking about Jeudy? Showed great promise in college, and had a good rookie season. Injury derailed things in 21. Came back pretty strong in 22, but started to show some personality issues. In 23, it became clear that Denver saw him as a #2 option at best. 

He should be in his prime, but seems more like a project. I suppose he can duke it out with Tillman for our WR2. Make Moore, who didn't exactly wow me last year, our slot guy? WR room does seem a bit crowded. Maybe we can get some value for trading a rookie contract like Bell. Although, if a former 1st rounder like Jeudy only fetches a 5th and 6th, it won't be much. 

18 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

When I first heard the rumors the Browns were interested in trading for Jeudy - I was worried they would have to give up too much to get him so I wasn't enthused about the idea.  This is awesome though!  

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I love this trade. Exactly what we needed for the WR position.

I thought we were paying pretty close attention to those LBs too.

I'd say the big 3 involved are LB, IOL + IDL.  Swing tackle for later rounds now that Jed's contract has been restructured. 

That said, the more I think about it, the more I think @Flugel also has the pulse of it as well - don't rule out DB.  Our safety play was pretty tragic at times, no more so than against Houston.  Ronnie Hickman hasn't improved on his struggles at tOSU and those early "elite" grades from PFF had people really in a false sense of security about his abilities. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The same Baker that Tampa and himself are (rumored) to be at an impasse in terms of $ per year?   With Mayfield believing he's worth A LOT more than the Bucs are willing to pay.    Should be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Sounds familiar.... 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'd say the big 3 involved are LB, IOL + IDL.  Swing tackle for later rounds now that Jed's contract has been restructured. 

That said, the more I think about it, the more I think @Flugel also has the pulse of it as well - don't rule out DB.  Our safety play was pretty tragic at times, no more so than against Houston.  Ronnie Hickman hasn't improved on his struggles at tOSU and those early "elite" grades from PFF had people really in a false sense of security about his abilities. 

LB, OG/C and DT are my main focuses too, along with another Tackle.

But you definitely can never count out the Browns under Berry going DBack. Fo sho. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

The folks who would have made this topic about Faker Mehfield haven't even posted, and you guys are still talking about him. Sadge.

We're just doing the Lord's work by helping that a long.  At least ours in tongue-in-cheek. 

3 hours ago, Korsou Dawg said:

What are we thinking about Jeudy? Showed great promise in college, and had a good rookie season. Injury derailed things in 21. Came back pretty strong in 22, but started to show some personality issues. In 23, it became clear that Denver saw him as a #2 option at best. 

He should be in his prime, but seems more like a project. I suppose he can duke it out with Tillman for our WR2. Make Moore, who didn't exactly wow me last year, our slot guy? WR room does seem a bit crowded. Maybe we can get some value for trading a rookie contract like Bell. Although, if a former 1st rounder like Jeudy only fetches a 5th and 6th, it won't be much. 

It isn't so much about #1, #2, etc etc but about the role.  The general understanding is to have 1 elite pass catcher to structure things around, and to have competent role players around him to compensate for a defense over committing their resources to slow down said weapon.  

Coop is still the "#1".   With Tillman sliding into that classic 'X' role.  This leaves Jeudy, with his quality footwork, to pickup meaningful snaps all over the formation.  Let's not forget about Njoki either.  Bell and Moore, one has 2 years, the other 1 year, remaining on their rookie deals.  Teams tend to carry 6 receivers.  Plenty of room for them and target distribution. 

Which reminds me, I'm just getting caught up after like....a month.  There was another post of yours I was going to respond to that I'm just now remembering.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OK,  so what is left now for the 2024  NFL Draft ?

The Cleveland Browns under GM Andrew Berry have never hesitated to add players via NFL free agency and through trades. That trend continued during the 2024 offseason with Berry trading away two selections to acquire WR Jerry Jeudy, according to multiple reports.

The Browns were already without their first and fourth-round picks from the QB Deshaun Watson deal but had added a few selections in other trades.

After the Jeudy trade, the Browns have five selections left in the 2024 NFL draft:

• Second Round - #54
  • Third Round - #85
  • Fifth Round - #155
  • Sixth Round - #205
  • Seventh Round - #243

There has been talk that Cleveland could be looking into another trade, moving on from one of their defensive starters, which could add another selection to the mix. Trading for Jeudy only cost two Day 3 picks as he enters the final year of his contract while CB Greg Newsome II has, potentially, two years left on his rookie deal coming out of the draft class the following year as Jeudy.

With what is considered to be a weak overall draft class, Berry could continue to look to move up or on from his sixth and seventh-round selections as a part of his roster adjustment.

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Baker will sign for 2 or 3 yrs at around 35 per yr