THE BROWNS BOARD

● 🏈  The Official 2024 NFL Draft  ✔️  Day 3 Thread <-- RIGHT HERE  <--

1 minute ago, Flugel said:

This might be a real good RB to keep around. I'll post his stats in a few minutes but I heard he had some nagging injuries at BYU so he started the last 3 games and had over 100 yards rushing in each of those games. In 2022, he had over 1000 yards rushing for UNLV. I like his frame at 6-3 240 lbs.

Career Stats

Top line below is BYU 2023  2nd line is UNLV 2022
CAR YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
101 485 4.8 1 36 7 33 4.7 0 12 0 0
209 1,011 4.8 9 66 23 125 5.4 1 22 0 0
2 41 20.5 1 34 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
5 10 2.0 0 4 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of BYU...

Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. 🤣

That was a fun team to watch, I turned 10 during the season.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of BYU...

Drinking coffee and farting around on the laptop with ESPN on... 30 for 30 Bears 1985 show on now.

It never ceases to amaze me that Jim McMahon went to BYU... makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. 🤣

Who could forget this classic? Most of these guys were just plum awful at rapping. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of BYU...

I think it was the best "one season" team I ever saw. They truly destroyed everybody except the Dolphins on MNF.

• Like 1

As with all great teams, built on the DL - a DL where every single player made the Hall of Fame!

Fun Fact: Richard Perry made the WWE (pro wrestling) hall of fame rather than the pro football hall of fame.  The other 3 [Hampton, Dent, McMichael] are of course in the football HoF.

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Career Stats

If he is an effective 3rd down blocker and /or ST player, he might make the team. One of the things the pros looked at with A&M's LB Cooper is that he was involved in more than 500 ST plays in his career.

29 minutes ago, syd said:

lost alot of money on that day,I bet N.E to cover

What was the spread? I'd guess the Bears were at least 10 or so point favorites. 

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Career Stats

Teach him how to handle a snap and have him do the QB sneaks.  John Kelly's replacement on the PS?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

What was the spread? I'd guess the Bears were at least 10 or so point favorites. 

i think it was around 40, N.E scored first with a field goal. and as i remember that was it. I think the bears won by 50. what ever it was i just remember shooting pool by myself in self loathing

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Flugel said:

How about Ohio State's TE Cade Stover reuniting with CJ Stroud in Houston?

Gumby celebrates his 61st birthday today 🎂 I'm taking today off :lol:

Wo-men forget nothing... Deferring to Mary K Cabbage

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2024/04/deshaun-watson-trade-is-finally-complete-with-houston-adding-a-buckeye-with-the-final-pick.html

Still absorbing it all in w/flight back to NC tonight. Check back in Monday, in short

Let's all agree, Berry/FO started & left this draft as the dead last team (32nd) in 2024 draft capital. Sure we can all second guess the picks... I had My moments...

Trade back little for Mike Hall or Junior Colson ?

LB Payton Wilson at 85? (local favorite goes to Shitz'burgh? 😤)

Why take a 7th rd. corner,when 4 picks later, FSU TE Jaheim Bell may fill a higher depth need ? 

Ya see? (take all your 🎂 off)

Later studs !

13 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2024/04/deshaun-watson-trade-is-finally-complete-with-houston-adding-a-buckeye-with-the-final-pick.html

Still absorbing it all in w/flight back to NC tonight. Check back in Monday, in short

Let's all agree, Berry/FO started & left this draft as the dead last team (32nd) in 2024 draft capital. Sure we can all second guess the picks... I had My moments...

Why take a 7th rd. corner,when 4 picks later, FSU TE Jaheim Bell may fill a higher depth need ? 

Later studs !

eh, I still think it was a solid draft

happy b day man

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Wow. You’re older than l thought you were. Your youthfulness jumps off the screen. Unless you were placing bets as an 8 year old, which, if so, that’s pretty cool.

lol close I was 20

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

i think it was around 40, N.E scored first with a field goal. and as i remember that was it. I think the bears won by 50. what ever it was i just remember shooting pool by myself in self loathing

Oh, I got you beat there. Bet a two game baseball parlay, won the first one and had about a 9 run lead early in the 2nd one. Treated myself to a real Vegas steak dinner with a little over half the expected winnings. Came back to collect and not only did those bastards lose me the bet money, but I was out the steak dinner money too. I still beat myself over the head for that bonehead decision. Never pick up your winnings before they are actually won.🙃

32 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Completely off topic, but I was given a month of free EA play.  If anybody wants to get a game of Madden in - holla.  

Really?! My son-in-law is a programmer for EA. I'm gonna have to ask him if he can get me some free play on some of their stuff.

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Really?! My son-in-law is a programmer for EA. I'm gonna have to ask him if he can get me some free play on some of their stuff.

Tell him their game mechanics are trash and need to be fixed. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Later studs !

Happy Birthday Old Man!  We have plenty of time to talk about our draft - as long as we don't forget now that we're both in our early 60s....  Your buddy Flugel was Class of 82 (high school). 

Wait til you see the film clip Syd shared about our last draft pick.  Football Wood Factor:  Balsa to Sequoia.  

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Tell him their game mechanics are trash and need to be fixed. 

Not that I have any idea what that means, but I will pass it on. Is it any particular type of games you are talking about? If he deals with those, it's something he can work on.

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not that I have any idea what that means, but I will pass it on. Is it any particular type of games you are talking about? If he deals with those, it's something he can work on.

he is just pissed that he can not execute  the triple option

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Honestly I'm just fucking with you.  I don't play anywhere near enough anymore to justify giving suggestions.  I hoped on Madden for the first time in 5 years and the same play mechanics have been broken from when I last left off.   Really screams how cornered and lax they have that title as.   NFL 2k5 played better and that was 20 years ago.

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Honestly I'm just fucking with you.  I don't play anywhere near enough anymore to justify giving suggestions.  I hoped on Madden for the first time in 5 years and the same play mechanics have been broken from when I last left off.   Really screams how cornered and lax they have that title as.   NFL 2k5 played better and that was 20 years ago.

He doesn't work on Madden. Thanks for the info though.

On 4/28/2024 at 5:54 PM, Flugel said:

Happy Birthday Old Man!  We have plenty of time to talk about our draft - as long as we don't forget now that we're both in our early 60s....  Your buddy Flugel was Class of 82 (high school). 

Thanks Flugel !  We can always, tag team as The Grumpy Old Men of the BB  🤩

images.jpg.44fcc8bf00b2616b1f263c2bd9345676.jpg    images.jpg.100dc48cb3769cfc69102d007b0ff6dd.jpg

Browns currently have 89 players under contract (after the draft picks & UDFAs sign) with a maximum of 90 players allowed during the offseason.

12411037.thumb.png.96811226908e51f0542a2bedbd78d91b.png

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/predicting-the-cleveland-browns-53-man-roster-post-draft-231139721/#2414029

1 player short of tagging this as a 2024 beginning camp roster.(edit-added OL Bryan Allen to 90/ added free spot (international program T Roy Mbaeteka ) 

The media won't be giving this roster any C grades ^^

The draft run on TE's started in the 4th round (no pick)

Below is a 6th round graded UDFA TE coming to C-Land. Watched what i could find on plane ride home  👀 

TE Treyton Welch, Wyoming - We got a dawg-fight for TE3 going into camp

Had a great road trip to hometown OH-_ _ !

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, syd said:

eh, I still think it was a solid draft

happy b day man

Thank you Sir Syd.. 

When checking in from draft grounds via phone? Syd's post always gave us the rays of positive sunshine for all 3 days..

Even my late father & Uncle would buy your game ticket to sit with us.. High's or Low's.. Your a loyal Browns Fan ! Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Thanks Flugel !  We can always, tag team as The Grumpy Old Men of the BB  🤩

images.jpg.44fcc8bf00b2616b1f263c2bd9345676.jpg    images.jpg.100dc48cb3769cfc69102d007b0ff6dd.jpg

Browns currently have 89 players under contract (after the draft picks & UDFAs sign) with a maximum of 90 players allowed during the offseason.

12411037.thumb.png.96811226908e51f0542a2bedbd78d91b.png

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/longformarticle/predicting-the-cleveland-browns-53-man-roster-post-draft-231139721/#2414029

1 player short of tagging this as a 2024 beginning camp roster... BuT, 

The media won't be giving this roster any C grades ^^

The draft run on TE's started in the 4th round (no pick)

Below is a 6th round graded UDFA TE coming to C-Land. Watched what i could find on plane ride home  👀 

TE Treyton Welch, Wyoming - We got a dawg-fight for TE3 going into camp

Had a great road trip to hometown OH-_ _ !

😆 Glad to hear you had a great road trip. Good work with the pre-season depth chart.  As for TE Treyton Welch - it was pretty easy to see why his teammates voted him a Captain.  

It's nice to have the amount of talent on-board to the extent we're just balancing the depth throughout.  Given that we lost both RTs and our LT to injury last year - that might be our biggest challenge ahead.  Ifedi is more of a Guard and didn't play a down last year and he could play RT in a crunch.  LT kind of scares me; but there may be some opportunities to improve our depth there before the regular season kicks off.  We shall see...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flugel said:

LT kind of scares me; but there may be some opportunities to improve our depth there before the regular season kicks off.  We shall see...

Thanks. Yep, I'm w/ya on LT. It's scary depth. I'd give Adeniji a better chance than Ifedi. but neither I've been a fan of at either Tackle spot. We know what Hudson is. He's free in a year.

Let's hope Dawand Jones get's a real shot at the LT spot with Wills at camp..Our chances of upgrading right tackle behind RT Conklin,(Wills) may fall to us as a FA with as many Tackles that were just drafted?

Heck, We may have new tools to add to the O with Ken Dorsey in town?  Not for once, am i thinking Stef's giving up his play call menu 

How many weeks to rookie camp? We're starting to get jacked up in here early old man 😤

• mjp28 unpinned this topic
On 4/27/2024 at 3:02 PM, tiamat63 said:

Long strider - Thrash.   Looks like Joe McKnight but lighter.

On 4/27/2024 at 3:25 PM, gumby73 said:

liked Thrash in ACC.. He can give us a Jordan Addison lite look out of the slot.. He's faster than David Bell at 4.46 40 speed. explodes well getting out of trash to get up field.

I like the pick...   

@tiamat63 No A. Thrash highlight film. But, thought you/others might enjoy this Steve Smith breakdown of Thrash speaking in your DB/WR language .. 

ACC Sidenote..Smitty omits in video, a hand injury that may of led to some drop totals in 2023 (not to excuse)

During the 2023 season, Thrash missed Louisville's game against Virginia Tech on Nov. 4 after breaking his hand and having surgery. However, it was the only game he missed with the injury and returned to the field. Thrash said that he saw the injury affect his game in the latter half of the season but found a way to fight through and still be a productive receiver.