THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon Edwards Accused of Assault

WebsterSlaughter

OK, Edwards now officially has too much guilt by association. WTF are you doing at a night club @ 2:30AM during the season? Partying down with Donte before he took that guy out doesn't help your image much either, dude.

Ship this UM guy elsewhere for whatever we can get for him- preferably to the Raiders, he'd fit right in. Just a more athletic version of Quincy Morgan.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, Edwards now officially has too much guilt by association. WTF are you doing at a night club @ 2:30AM during the season? Partying down with Donte before he took that guy out doesn't help your image much either, dude.

Ship this UM guy elsewhere for whatever we can get for him- preferably to the Raiders, he'd fit right in. Just a more athletic version of Quincy Morgan.

No, at one point in time Morgan actualy made the Steelers' roster AND contributed.

Edwards couldn't do it if he tried.

I was with you earlier, but after hearing WKNRs reporter talk about it, and him talking about people he knows who were there that are telling him the same story, I think there is far more truth than rumor to this one.

Alcohol can make some people do some dumb things. Especially someone who might be upset about something else that occured earlier in their day.

Agreed on that. However, Edwards should have had the maturity to never have put himself in that sort of situation in the first place. Go home, drink a quart of Grey Goose, and throw a brick through your TV. No one's ever gonna know.

I'm starting to wonder if Braylon's off field antics are starting to affect his on field performance.

On the brightside, If BE gets suspended Robiskie might actually get to see some playing time at WR

From PD website:

CLEVELAND -- The NFL is investigating whether the latest incident involving Braylon Edwards is a violation of the league's strict personal conduct policy.

Edwards was accused of punching entertainment promoter Edward Givens about 2:30 a.m. Monday outside the View Ultralounge & Nightclub on Prospect Avenue.

"We are looking into it as we would of any such incident," confirmed Greg Aiello, NFL spokesman, in an email response.

Commissioner Roger Goodell has been vigilant in disciplining players for casting the league in a bad light.

The personal conduct policy explicitly states: "It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful."

First-offenders of the policy generally do not receive discipline until the legal process plays out. But Goodell has been strict in dealing with repeat offenders.

The question is whether Edwards is considered a repeat offender.

Last November, he was found guilty of driving 120 mph on Interstate 90 and was fined $150 and sentenced to 30 hours community service.

Goodell also is aware that Edwards was drinking with teammate Donte Stallworth the night of Stallworth's tragic car accident in Miami Beach, which resulted in the death of pedestrian Mario Reyes. Edwards was not charged with anything. Goodell came down hard on Stallworth and suspended him for one year.

I'm sorry, I'm sure everyone will lecture me about how these guys are supposed to be able to have a life and being a pro athlete shouldn't make them shut ins.

But JEEEBUS, why you would go out drinking in public after an 0-4 start and a heartbreaking loss is just mistifying to me.

it was a poor decision on behalf of BE..

but don't you think thers some frustration? i mean a dwarf sitting there running his mouth and you loose your temper(very easy with the current state of the browns) and hit him. a very poor choice once again but you have got to see both sides of the story.

BE is our no.1 reciever and it should stay that way unless he keeps any of the NONSENSE from sunday up.

it was a poor decision on behalf of BE..

but don't you think thers some frustration? i mean a dwarf sitting there running his mouth and you loose your temper(very easy with the current state of the browns) and hit him. a very poor choice once again but you have got to see both sides of the story.

BE is our no.1 reciever and it should stay that way unless he keeps any of the NONSENSE from sunday up.

BE isn't a numero uno. Deal with that. It is sorta like "caring" about Anderson. I don't. He is dead here.

The inability for people to move on, is the biggest problem. Top to bottom rebuilding isn't fun.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Not sure if that would be going from the frying pan to the fire or vise-versa?

Both the Browns and the Faders suck it's no secret, the difference is that our team is actually trying to get better and Oakland will always suck as long as Al Davis is the owner.

I honestly don't get the hype about this guy! In his 5 seasons he has had three full seasons at average or below performance, one year of good performance finishing 7th in the league in yardage, and a bad start this year.

For his career, he has averaged 59.6 yards per game and has a grand total of 28 TD's......he simply isn't worth the worry!

Edwards is simply a cocktease. He has elite talent, there is no question, but as far as being a go to guy and a stabilizing force he is not.

He's been around long enough now that he should be a veteran leader. His injury past is way behind him, but I know plenty of Yinzers that would take him in a heartbeat. I almost guarantee that when he relocates he will be the player he is supposed to be.

It ain't never going to happen here. At the game the other day he was pumping up the crowd promptly before he dropped his ball and the stadium went from being pumped to booing. This shit has gotten so old now it's ridiculous.

He has no value right now and that's why I wanted him moved in the offseason. A second and a player or a fourth would have been plenty sufficient.

On the brightside, If BE gets suspended Robiskie might actually get to see some playing time at WR

From PD website:

CLEVELAND -- The NFL is investigating whether the latest incident involving Braylon Edwards is a violation of the league's strict personal conduct policy.

Edwards was accused of punching entertainment promoter Edward Givens about 2:30 a.m. Monday outside the View Ultralounge & Nightclub on Prospect Avenue.

"We are looking into it as we would of any such incident," confirmed Greg Aiello, NFL spokesman, in an email response.

Commissioner Roger Goodell has been vigilant in disciplining players for casting the league in a bad light.

The personal conduct policy explicitly states: "It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful."

First-offenders of the policy generally do not receive discipline until the legal process plays out. But Goodell has been strict in dealing with repeat offenders.

The question is whether Edwards is considered a repeat offender.

Last November, he was found guilty of driving 120 mph on Interstate 90 and was fined $150 and sentenced to 30 hours community service.

Goodell also is aware that Edwards was drinking with teammate Donte Stallworth the night of Stallworth's tragic car accident in Miami Beach, which resulted in the death of pedestrian Mario Reyes. Edwards was not charged with anything. Goodell came down hard on Stallworth and suspended him for one year.

If this is the case why isn't Big Gay Ben and the Stoolers Oline being punished for going to their crotch numerous times with the Triple H theme on national tv? What great role models them Stoolers are! You'd never see QB's with class like T Brady, Manning or Brees doing that crap! Sorry to jack this thread but that sh!t urks me more than BEasy. No police report was filled, so in reality noting can be proved, therefor nothing will happen. However, Big Gay Ben and the Stooler line used vulgar gestures on TV in front of millions. Fry'em Roger!

In March, Edwards was partying with suspended wide receiver Donte' Stallworth in Miami the night Stallworth later drove drunk and killed a pedestrian. Edwards was not with Stallworth at the time of the accident.

The whole Donte episode is convenient now.

Just remember Edwards did absolutely nothing wrong that night, d-head or not we have enough crap on the guy other than being 'around' Stallworth. My 6th grader is 140lbs 5'9" ---I'm 6'3" 235lbs(an ripped :lol: )

What the hell was he thinking?(Big D would of whooped his ass) :ph34r:

Im just saying it was an asshole friend of the "King". I like Edwards, Im no fan of James. Braylon would not punch nobody for no reason so stay off his ass. I have seen James and his "gang" walts into places like they own the joints. He (james) is a cock

+1,0000

Im a fan of both LBJ and Braylon

But Lebron and his boys act and talk like they run cleveland.... His boy got what was coming to him

what a bitch he was anyway.. talking shit, gots knocked then runs to the cops and starts telling

Braylon is a big nightlife guy. He is friends with a guy I went to school with. He has plenty of pictures on Facebook. Another reason why social networking is dangerous. This guy also has pictures of himself with Donte Stallworth throwing back Patron straight from the bottle. Braylon seems more concerned about living the playboy lifestyle than actually playing football. That's why I don't want him on our team. Partying on occasion is fine. But no one has ever been successful when partying was their main focus in life.

I agree with everything. I think we need to trade him to dallas from a 2nd rounder and hurd

BUMP ...

(Thread shows that Braylon wasn't well liked prior to any trade rumors)

only cuz we're fickle...only cuz we're fickle. wait, did i just repeat myself?

think we'll get that 2nd or hurd? yu know, cuz atleast he's a PLLAYY a om some levl.

that'd b redeemable.

Archived