THE BROWNS BOARD

Julies gay Super Bowl Debate

jully

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 1964, The Buffalo Bills beat the San Diego Chargers for the AFL title. Also in 1964, The Cleveland Browns beat the Baltimore Colts for the NFL title. Both the Bills and the Browns are considered to have a league championship for 1964.

In todays NFL those two games would be considered the NFC and AFC championship games to see who would meet in the Super Bowl.

BUT THE BROWNS GLOB ONTO PURE B.S. and claim a championship.. what a joke!

You'd probably be singing a different tune if the Stealers won a bunch of titles in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s, but like all steelers fans you assume the team was founded in 1971.

Pop Quiz: Back in the 1922 Championship, who threw for the most yardage?

A: Nobody because the forward pass wasn't even invented yet.

Here's another funny one for you - from 1922 until 1933 the "Championship" was awarded to the team with the most wins - there were no playoffs or Championship game. Even funnier is that the teams didn't all play the same number of games - some played 6 while others played 8 (do you think your odds of having the most wins would increase if you played 2 more games than other teams?).

The Packers won 6 Championships prior to 1945 - in no season was there more than 10 professional teams (getting to the championship post 1933 meant you had to beat the other 4 teams in your division which is really no different than winning the division in modern times, in fact before the most recent expansion when it was the North, South, and Central there were 5 teams in each division).

Winning a championship in the 20's, 30's, and 40's was about as difficult as winning a little league baseball tournament.

Imagine that, awarding a championship to the team with the most wins. What a remarkable concept.

(and I assume that you were just jesting about the forward pass in 1922. If not, it demonstrates how truly stupid and ignorant you are. Of course the forward pass was used extensively in 1922. You just have now clue on how to research for those stats. Ever hear of Fritz Pollard? Benny Friedman? Jimmy Conzelman? All hall of fame quarterbacks from the 20s, passing QBs.)

You'd probably be singing a different tune if the Stealers won a bunch of titles in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s, but like all steelers fans you assume the team was founded in 1971.

Of course. Of the 10 other teams boards I have been on, they ALL count these as titles. ALL OF THEM. I thought hardy har whore was bad.

This girl is the worst f*ck on the board.

Perhaps it is this that is the joke: Letting the 12th best team into the playoffs. In 2005, the Steelers were allowed into the playoffs by virtue of their stirling 6th place finish.

Prior to 1990, they would not have even been invited to go along.

The point being, they gave teams like the Steelers a break by letting them come play.

It is a hell of a lot harder to win a title when you are not allowed to participate. So, can we delegitimize the Steelers 2005 title as being the product only of an expanded playoff system?

Hell, they came in 2d place in a 4 team division.

At least when the old timers won, it is because they WON, and not because they came in second place out of 4.

Imagine that, awarding a championship to the team with the most wins. What a remarkable concept.

(and I assume that you were just jesting about the forward pass in 1922. If not, it demonstrates how truly stupid and ignorant you are. Of course the forward pass was used extensively in 1922. You just have now clue on how to research for those stats. Ever hear of Fritz Pollard? Benny Friedman? Jimmy Conzelman? All hall of fame quarterbacks from the 20s, passing QBs.)

The NFL did not legalize the forward pass until 1933. FACT!!!

you excuses are so lame.

let me know the next time you come to pittsburgh Ok? my fist smashing your face sounds fun. don't chicken out..pussy

Why would I waste my time to driving to Shittsburgh to see a bunch of toothless hillbillys crying about how the Stoolers lost to the Browns.

The NFL did not legalize the forward pass until 1933. FACT!!!

you excuses are so lame.

Are you saying this with a straight face? Seriously, can anyone be this misinformed? Or stupid?

Then I guess the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which certainly cannot know as much about the history of football as you do, must have it all wrong in the excerpt from the biography of Benny Friedman that I reproduce here:

Benjamin Friedman. . .NFL’s first great passer . . . Threw league record 11 touchdown passes as rookie, 1927 . . . Set another record with 20 TDs, 1929 . . . Led league in touchdown passes four consecutive years (1927-1930) . . . His 66 career touchdown passes was an NFL record for years. . . Triple-threat player, could run, pass, kick . . . Born March 18, 1905 in Cleveland, Ohio . . . Died November 23, 1982, at age of 77.

I wonder how a guy can lead the NFL in TD passes for four years before you claim they even legalized the forward pass?

MY GOD, will one of the decent Steeler fans on this board please bring a leash with you when you come here so that your mutts won't piss on the carpet?

Are you saying this with a straight face? Seriously, can anyone be this misinformed? Or stupid?

Then I guess the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which certainly cannot know as much about the history of football as you do, must have it all wrong in the excerpt from the biography of Benny Friedman that I reproduce here

:

Benjamin Friedman. . .NFL’s first great passer . . . Threw league record 11 touchdown passes as rookie, 1927 . . . Set another record with 20 TDs, 1929 . . . Led league in touchdown passes four consecutive years (1927-1930) . . . His 66 career touchdown passes was an NFL record for years. . . Triple-threat player, could run, pass, kick . . . Born March 18, 1905 in Cleveland, Ohio . . . Died November 23, 1982, at age of 77.

I wonder how a guy can lead the NFL in TD passes for four years before you claim they even legalized the forward pass?

MY GOD, will one of the decent Steeler fans on this board please bring a leash with you when you come here so that your mutts won't piss on the carpet?

please understand. The NFL is independent from the pro football hall of fame. THE NFL DID NOT LEGALIZE THE FORWARD PASS UNTIL 1933.

The pro football hall of fame is NOT THE NFL you doofus buttwad backwards ass pansie

The NFL does not have stats for passing before 1933

please understand. The NFL is independent from the pro football hall of fame. THE NFL DID NOT LEGALIZE THE FORWARD PASS UNTIL 1933.

The pro football hall of fame is NOT THE NFL you doofus buttwad backwards ass pansie

You are the f**ing biggest dumbass on the face of the earth.

Because you cannot find the passing stats prior to 1933 on whatever site it is that you are searching you ergo assume that the forward pass was not legal. And you think that the Pro Football Hall of Fame somehow just invented statistics for the NFL?

Am I getting that right?

Does the NFL know that the HOF is fabricating statistics for the players that are inducted into the HOF just so as to confound Jully the Steeler fan fool?

How wide is this conspiracy?

Were Jim Thorpe and George Halas in on this conspiracy against you when they founded the NFL? Perhaps the HOF fabricated the existance of Jim Thorpe and George Halas?

Do the Chicago Bears know that their founder was really the figment of some HOF secret society?

In fact, do the Chicago Bears really exist? Maybe they too, like Benny Friedman's passing statistics are a lie, and don't really exist?

In fact, I am wondering, for you, whether planet Earth really exists.

Here is the other idiocy about this dude: The same sites that he is looking for passing statistics, also do NOT have the rushing statistics available for prior to 1932.

So? Now, is he going to claim that running the football was not legal prior to 1932?

It must be true. He can't find stats.

This guy is Gomer, Goober, Gump, and Jethro all wrapped into one.

let me know the next time you come to pittsburgh Ok? my fist smashing your face sounds fun. don't chicken out..pussy

I will be at the Mellon Arena in Pissburgh on January 2nd for the freestyle motocross show. I plan on heading to Ketchup field to urinate on your stadium before the show. Im taking my camera with me so I can get a good picture of my backside while im doing it. Ill be the one wearing the Browns jacket holding up my middle finger infront of the stadium.

I will be at the Mellon Arena in Pissburgh on January 2nd for the freestyle motocross show. I plan on heading to Ketchup field to urinate on your stadium before the show. Im taking my camera with me so I can get a good picture of my backside while im doing it. Ill be the one wearing the Browns jacket holding up my middle finger infront of the stadium.

That photo would make a nice avatar.

Prepair for an ass beating if you have the Balls to do that AT MELLON . Wear your Ugly Jacket .. thats cool, but go ahead tough guy and Hold your middle finger up AT Mellon Macho Man . Blaa Blaa Blaa... I say your full of S*** ! Yours has to be the dumbest post I have seen in a LONG Time !!! Browns backers must be so proud of you.

umm... huh?

The um... Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrines NFL players and lists their biographies.

Just because they don't have easily found and recorded stats prior to 1933, does not mean they don't exist.

Also, why would the Pro Football Hall of Fame say something that, as you claim, was patently untrue?

From wikipedia

In several forms of football a forward pass is when the ball is thrown in the direction that the offensive team is trying to move in, towards the defensive team's goal line. Although forward passes had been tried as early as 1876, the first legal forward pass in American football took place in 1906, after a change in rules. Current rules regulate who may throw and who may receive a forward pass, and under what circumstances, as well as how the defensive team may try to prevent a pass from being completed. The primary pass-thrower is the quarterback, and statistical analysis is used to determine a quarterback's success rate at passing in various situations, as well as a team's overall success at the "passing game."

Also from the same Wikipedia article:

According to National Football League history,[30] it legalized the forward pass from anywhere behind the line of scrimmage on February 25, 1933. Before that rule change, a forward pass had to be made from 5 or more yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Could this be what he's referring to and erroneously reporting that all forward passes were illegal prior to 1933?

Could this be what he's referring to and erroneously reporting that all forward passes were illegal prior to 1933?

i believe the kids would call that owned. go ahead dumbass, please, please defend yourself. I highly doubt he'll say another word on this forum. Hey kid, next time do a tad more research before you talk. Going to one website and halfheartedly reading something just makes you look stupid and worthless to society. Coincidence is he's a Steelers fan as well? haha.

Bingo! someone in Brownstown gets it. The NFL finally legalized and recognized passing stats in 1933.

wow, someone intelligent.

can you not read as well? holy shit your stupidity is unbelievable.

Before that rule change, a forward pass had to be made from 5 or more yards behind the line of scrimmage.====That still means you could make a forward pass legally einstein, or can you honestly not read?

Bingo! someone in Brownstown gets it. The NFL finally legalized and recognized passing stats in 1933.

talk about selective reading, holy shiza! They legalized all forward passes no matter how far you were behind the line in 1933. However, forward passes were allowed prior to 1933 as long as you were 5 or more yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Dumb ass. What's better then a hillbilly fag looking stupid? A hillbilly fag looking stupid on a Browns board 5 days after getting beat by the Browns.

In several forms of football a forward pass is when the ball is thrown in the direction that the offensive team is trying to move in, towards the defensive team's goal line. Although forward passes had been tried as early as 1876, the first legal forward pass in American football took place in 1906, after a change in rules. Current rules regulate who may throw and who may receive a forward pass, and under what circumstances, as well as how the defensive team may try to prevent a pass from being completed. The primary pass-thrower is the quarterback, and statistical analysis is used to determine a quarterback's success rate at passing in various situations, as well as a team's overall success at the "passing game."

Archived