THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Win orchestrated by Derek Anderson

ATENEARS

DA did a good job today but its mostly due to dabolls restraints on the passing game regardless of who is QBing the team..im not going to miss brainy daboll at all...;)

I believe mangini's intent is to have a universal team that when a piece gets injured the sub fills in without missing a beat...if mangini stays and can actually get the people he needs (both doubtful)over the next couple of years the browns will consistently dominate the AFCN and maybe the playoffs..

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And who is it that is riding DAs cock and who on this roster could you possibly call the real deal at QB?

I do agree not to draft a QB this season, just go sign one. Almost any QB you sign will be an improvement on what the Browns have put out there the last two seasons.

I am good with everybody saying DA is not any good, but neither is BQ. So I don't think that anybody is missing out on the possible future of the Browns QB position as long as they are not looking on the current roster for the answer. Hell go get dennis dixon off the 3rd string for the Steelers and you will have upgraded the position.

Batch would be an improvement.

I don't know about Dixon.

The problem isn't at QB. We can afford to stick with either QB next season, as long as we get some receivers. Looking at all of the quarterbacks we've drafted that haven't panned out for us, I honestly don't think it's just Cleveland luck. It's our lack of WR's. Look at 2007, we had one receiver have a good year, and it made DA look like a superstar. To this day, there are still people that are head over heels in love with DA just because of that season. I think the same could happen again next season, with either quarterback at the helm. Once we get a viable receiving threat, we'll be able to make plays through the air. Then this "controversy" will be settled. We need to go out and make a splash in FA this offseason.

BOLDIN.

Why not gamble on a guy like Steve Smith? (carolina's).

you won't get all season out of him, but he is a SOLID wr.

If we're going to have money to throw around, let's get a good FA/trade WR.

heck, T.O. could even be a possibility. but i think he'd be too much fanfare for Mangini and Holmgren.

I think the fact that everyone is missing is that DA is not a 10 MILLION dollar QB (or 5 or whatever it is). He was good today, made some throws, good reads at the line and we won. It is one thing for people to say that Quinn is starter for doing that (at 700,000) but completely another with DA factoring in salary.

why are you here, Speed?

Im here because im a fan. Face it both our qb's suck. We wont improve our passing game until we get a qb who can hit the target and receiver's who can do they're part to catch. It's a fact. DA has had pleanty of time. To me I think he play's for a check. BQ on the other hand has had very little time BUT he was already hurt twice. That's not a good sign. They need to get rid of them both and find some one new before next season. That's just my opinion though. Now why are you here

lol

I think the fact that everyone is missing is that DA is not a 10 MILLION dollar QB (or 5 or whatever it is). He was good today, made some throws, good reads at the line and we one. It is one thing for people to say that Quinn is starter for doing that (at 700,000) but completely another with DA factoring in salary.

They should take him to court and try to get some of that back.

I think the fact that everyone is missing is that DA is not a 10 MILLION dollar QB (or 5 or whatever it is). He was good today, made some throws, good reads at the line and we won. It is one thing for people to say that Quinn is starter for doing that (at 700,000) but completely another with DA factoring in salary.

Let's add in Anderson is due a huge roster bonus next year- the Browns aren't paying it.

BOLDIN.

Why not gamble on a guy like Steve Smith? (carolina's).

you won't get all season out of him, but he is a SOLID wr.

If we're going to have money to throw around, let's get a good FA/trade WR.

heck, T.O. could even be a possibility. but i think he'd be too much fanfare for Mangini and Holmgren.

Boldin was the guy I had in mind when typing that. I think he's a tremendous athlete.

Anderson did what Quinn has been doing for a couple weeks... playing well enough not to cough up a great win by the run-game and defense. The perfectly thrown TD pass was great to see but I'm still SICK of seeing balls thrown at the shins of wide open receivers. Quinn did it and Anderson hit maybe one open slanting receiver in the hands the whole game.

I don't think DA or Quinn is the guy but this isn't the draft to find the future. Keep Quinn, trade DA and bring in a veteran QB off FA to either start or help out Brady. Maybe Charlie Weiss? I don't know.

If after next year Quinn still isn't ready and the team tanks... let Holmgren hire his new coach and draft Locker.

Everybody wants to get on a forum and post I WAS RIGHT

I'm unable to even say i was on the right page.

I will go out on a limb and say we should of kept Bartell though.

If you had to have one of these guys on the roster next year who would you seriously prefer?

And that would be if you HAD to, either choice you made we still need to find a starter.

Pretty much the same game from our QB position as recent games. DA changed a few calls to a run, which were obviously good change-ups as Harrison ran through many nicely created holes. DA made some throws, threw the ball away instead of forcing anything and he made a nice throw that was rewarded with a TD. Charlie Frye he was NOT.

The Run game & defense have settled the QB position down. Things rolled along just fine today.

My point, that Brady Nation obviously didn't get is that If you loved Quinn's play these last few weeks, then you should have loved DA's play yesterday.

Myself? I expect the QB to make more plays and get the defense on their heels to help open up the running game. When the run game is carrying your team, you don't had a top tier QB.

My point, that Brady Nation obviously didn't get is that If you loved Quinn's play these last few weeks, then you should have loved DA's play yesterday.

Myself? I expect the QB to make more plays and get the defense on their heels to help open up the running game. When the run game is carrying your team, you don't had a top tier QB.

Your point is to slam BQ just like it's always been, please.

Can't we just move on from this nonsense? DA blows bad, bad, bad....period. BQ looks like he may blow, but we still don't know for a fact he does it's just not enough time.

I gotta feeling you and a few others are going to keep this QB debacle going for another off season until they finally get Anderson off the roster. Fooking A somebody shoot me, nothing like hearing someone still try to maintain DA has game while claiming those that know he blows just love Quinn.

He still sucked yesterday, he made two good throws and couldn't complete a screen pass. He threw a bullet at Robo and MoMass' knees that they both caught. He's DA, he is what he is. Stuckey made a great breakup of a ball that should have been picked. Other than that, for the very first time he showed he could actually run the no huddle, a huge step for this brainiac. Course he still trips over himself trying to move in the pocket and can't hit the ocean from the pier ten yards away, but other than that let's hail the guy just because we have a fetish hatred for Quinn.

Seriously, memo to Mikey Homes: Please, please, please get DA outta here pronto so I don't have to hear how the guy can play and this BQ/DA shit will subside. There will still be the BQ haters but at least I don't have to hear them defend the pile of crap that is Dexter Anderson, the Serial Drive Killer. That's just it, I don't care if people like Peens and Satn hate BQ cuz he's cute, but trying to maintain Andersuckage is viable is just plain laughable.

You got your wish Stanley, another huge Queen/Moose from Scapoose thread.

PS When DA goes 150 plus attempts without a pick and completes over 50% of his passes in that time come talk to me. Course, we'll hopefully never see that cuz he will never have the opportunity to wear the Orange and Brown again.....we can only hope.

Actually, here's a win win. Get both of them outta here and then we can start a new QB feud, this one is beyond stale.

Your point is to slam BQ just like it's always been, please.

Can't we just move on from this nonsense? DA blows bad, bad, bad....period. BQ looks like he may blow, but we still don't know for a fact he does it's just not enough time.

possibly because he's a bit of a sissy and has ended 2 straight seasons on IR?

DA has a better game than BQ, and the same bashing and bullshit continues. we know DA's not a good QB, but he came in in relief of our golden pussy and won a game commandingly.

BQ scrapes by a couple wins by putting it on the D and ST, yet he's showing improvement? this is quite frankl,y pathetic, and you homers need to wake up and recognize that not everything that comes outta ohio is gold in a bottle.

bottom line, if DA sucks.....then quinn sucks much worse. no reason he should look like a scared little child out there when he drops back to pass. you golden domer homers can't accept his inabilities, but somehow quinn can fix his accuracy (and arm strength...lol) while DA can't.

y'all are some serious xxxxing hypocrites....i'll tell ya.

possibly because he's a bit of a sissy and has ended 2 straight seasons on IR?

DA has a better game than BQ, and the same bashing and bullshit continues. we know DA's not a good QB, but he came in in relief of our golden pussy and won a game commandingly.

BQ scrapes by a couple wins by putting it on the D and ST, yet he's showing improvement? this is quite frankl,y pathetic, and you homers need to wake up and recognize that not everything that comes outta ohio is gold in a bottle.

bottom line, if DA sucks.....then quinn sucks much worse. no reason he should look like a scared little child out there when he drops back to pass. you golden domer homers can't accept his inabilities, but somehow quinn can fix his accuracy (and arm strength...lol) while DA can't.

y'all are some serious xxxxing hypocrites....i'll tell ya.

Example of a dude who can't read.

Let me ask you a question honestly Ms. Chokesondicks: Do you honestly think DA is a good QB or better than Queen? Look at the numbers junior, DA is at an alltime level of suckage. I got your Golden Domer's right here.

Get rid of both these guys so I don't have to read gibberish from some fools like this anymore, please.

You got your wish Stanley, another huge Queen/Moose from Scapoose thread.

Thanks for participating!

I just like pointing out and highlighting the bias of Brady Nation. I can sit here and say that Anderson didn't do a whole lot except complete a couple of passes on the day. It was enough, certainly, but it is what it is.

The same as I said about Quinn after his last two starts.

The tune changes per QB by some select others though, certainly.

Agreed, If everyone is going to praise BQ's 10-17 66yd performance for him being a "game manager" and not turning the ball over (talk about positive spin on that) they have to praise DA's 8-17 121yd performance against the raiders for being a "game manager" as well. What the raiders game proves is that we can stick any mediocre to bad QB in there and still gut out wins against bad teams with our defense and running game.

On another note, does anyone else think we are witnessing Jerome Harrison's coming out party? I know two games don't make anyone a star, but from what I am seeing we may have a top tier NFL back. Shore up the right side of that line and I think JH will run all over teams.

Get rid of both these guys so I don't have to read gibberish from some fools like this anymore, please.

funny, i couldn't agree more with this. no, i dont think either are good.....i just think quinn is a worse QB....a QB that cannot throw a football is of little use to playoff teams...

quinn can't throw over 10 yards, DA can't throw under 10 yards. without listing pros and cons which everyone knows, one QB is better than the other.

whats chapping my hide is how quinn is put on a pedestal simply because he is from ohio....see chucky frye for the last time this happened. what was quinns rating when he beat the stools? 26.6? yet he won, and even i gave him credit for not xxxxing up the game. DA beat buffalo last year with a 24(?? rating (which was followed up by a worse day by collins) and he was lambasted for weeks....the domers still use that game.

im not an ohio boy, so i am evalutaing the kid without this prevalent homer bias. he does some things well, and some things equally as terrible as things DA does. he's not a xxxxing QB, and its embarrassing anyone thinks he is.

so unless you have anymore insults ya wanna sling big man, take you tired old rhetoric elsewhere. ive never saw some many people demand mediocrity be fired from the front office, yet not from the field.

Thanks for participating!

I just like pointing out and highlighting the bias of Brady Nation. I can sit here and say that Anderson didn't do a whole lot except complete a couple of passes on the day. It was enough, certainly, but it is what it is.

The same as I said about Quinn after his last two starts.

The tune changes per QB by some select others though, certainly.

Cut the bullshit my bud, you know what you are doing. It's cute in a Stan is cute kind of way, but we gotta get you past this QB hatred you have.

What happens next year when we have Garrard and Troy Smith in here competing with a rookie possibly? Who you going to hate on then?

We'll have to go through a metamorphosis on what QB needs to be the Golden Boy to hate and which one just sucks and deserves praise.

DA played decent yesterday, but he still sucks. Queen has played decent enough to win, but we don't know for sure if he sucks. Chances are he does, but nobody knows for sure. The only thing known for sure is if guys still somehow think DA can or will be good are doing heroin.

Archived