THE BROWNS BOARD

You brahs aware the Bucs are gonna stomp that ass out on Sunday?

Bucky Biceps

Hahaha the RAMS sold enough tickets to avoid a blackout! I live in Missouri and I still haven't found a Rams fan... or shirt... or hat... or bumper sticker... Lots of Kansas City stuff though.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you sissies are prepared to be reminded of who you are on Sunday... THE BROWNS.

Fact is, the Bucs defense has embarrassed Delhomme the previous few meetings. He hasn't played well against us since 2006.

Is our team full of unproven youngsters? Yeah, sure... to everyone outside Florida. We know what we have... and you're about to find out as well.

Bucs are going to put the Brownies in the Walls of Jericho on Sunday, and reinforce the notion that you are, still, in fact, the BROWNS.

WALK THE PLANK

BucsSaints5.jpg

Because this is a hate forum! This is what this forum is all about!

Yep, anyone that disagrees with your opinion on things is a "hater". If they don't kowtow to your God of Pittspuke they are infidels to be treated like they were Satan.

You really learned a lot in your time with the Taliban, didn't you?

I was all prepared to have a real football discussion with you before the last couple lines.

You want a "real football discussion" here you go:

Anyway- LOL if you think the Trent Dilfer led offense of the Ravens was anything to want to compare your team to. That offense was one of the WORST offenses to win a Super Bowl. Stupid point to try and make.

The Ravens offense that year up to a point probably was the worst offense to win a Super Bowl....when Tony Banks was running it. They had like 6 games in a row where the offense didn't score a TD yet they still won like 5 of those games.

However, after Banks was benched and Dilfer took over that offense improved mightily. Were they tremendous? No, but they were very serviceable. After going a stretch where in games 5,6,7,8,9 where they ony scored 12, 15, 3, 6, and 6 point respectively, in the remaining 7 games of their schedule they scored 21, 24,27,44,24,13, and 34 points respectively with Dilfer in there. Their defenses of course were still giving up only 0-3-7-10 points a game. So, when Dilfer got in there over Banks, that offense improved greatly. I am not defending that offense as being great, just that it became much better.

Our receivers as a whole will have a better year than yours. I'm not sure if you're serious or not... But Mike Williams will outproduce your best receiver this year as well... He's already more talented than your best (unless we're including Cribbs in here as a WR, which I don't).

OK, both teams have unproven commodities at WR, thus it is entirely possible that the Bucs receivers may have a better year. Williams may be a talent. He may outproduce our best receiver. But he is no proven veteran. All a bunch of maybes. However, you DO have to include Josh Cribbs in the Browns receiving corps. He IS their third receiver, and was much of last year. He did not have a great year, but then he had lousy QBs throwing to him. He has looked considerable improved this year in preseason. Who knows. Even if we count Cribbs, the Bucs still might have the WR edge. Our guys are just to raw and unknown to proclaim their superiority over any other team's receiving corps.

Bucs have more (and better, I might add) pieces in place to put together a run than the Browns do. To think otherwise is laughable and shows you have no idea of the current affairs of the Buccaneers.

Before I buy this bold statement, you are going to have to convince me and support your claim. We(I) am more than willing to hear your unit by unit, position by position analysis and comparison of the two teams.

Not too many of the "national" prognosticators have as much faith in the Buccaneers as you do. Please, show us the error of their ways. In other words, your analysis should not just be a vis a vis versus the Browns but why that team can, as you say 'go on a run' against the rest of the NFL, and especially the rest of the AFC South.

Be prepared to leave my board, hopefully forever, with your head between your legs next Sunday at around 4PM.

Out of all of the arguments you could come up with I'm thinking you chose the worst one. That would be like me arguing that the county fair's rides are better than King's Islands'. Since moving from Ohio to Miami I haven't heard one person wish to be back up north.

My sister moved back here after living for 35 years in S. Florida. (Ft. Lauderdale area). That is an area I visited many times when she lived there. I might not mind visiting there again at some point. (less reason to now). I would NEVER want to live there....unless I was fabulously wealthy.

It might be fine for a multi-millionaire like LeBron, but for the average person, it would be a hellhole in my opinion.

(I speak only of the Ft.Laud./Miami area....other areas of Fla, may not be as bad)

My sister moved back here after living for 35 years in S. Florida. (Ft. Lauderdale area). That is an area I visited many times when she lived there. I might not mind visiting there again at some point. (less reason to now). I would NEVER want to live there....unless I was fabulously wealthy.

It might be fine for a multi-millionaire like LeBron, but for the average person, it would be a hellhole in my opinion.

(I speak only of the Ft.Laud./Miami area....other areas of Fla, may not be as bad)

I'm actually in Hollywood. I love it here. Crime is a little high but the women are beautiful and anything you want to do is less than 15 minutes away. I hope to hell to never see another snowflake. But if you all like the cold weather and the chunky pasty women, have at it. As far as being rich, I'm far from it. Housing is high but everything else is pretty reasonable.

Dude I'm a Browns fan, but Florida is awesome! And here in Tampa anytime a Cleveland team plays, its like a home game! Look how many Browns fans there will be in the stands Sunday.

Bucs are going to put the Brownies in the Walls of Jericho on Sunday, and reinforce the notion that you are, still, in fact, the BROWNS:

Indeed, we are:

member of the class of 2007.

Pro Football Hall of Famers

Inducted No. Player name Tenure Position(s)

1965 60, 14 Otto Graham 1946–1955 Quarterback

1967 — Paul Brown 1946–1962 Head coach

1968 76, 36 Marion Motley 1946–1953 Fullback

1971 32 Jim Brown 1957–1965 Fullback

1974 46, 76 Lou Groza 1946–1959

1961–1967 Offensive tackle

Placekicker

1975 56, 86 Dante Lavelli 1946–1956 Wide receiver

1976 53, 80 Len Ford 1950–1957 Defensive end

1977 30, 45, 60 Bill Willis 1946–1953 Middle guard

Offensive guard

1981 77 Willie Davis† 1958–1959 Defensive end

1982 83 Doug Atkins† 1953–1954 Defensive end

1983 49 Bobby Mitchell 1958–1961 Wide receiver

Halfback

1983 42 Paul Warfield 1964–1969

1976–1977 Wide receiver

1984 74 Mike McCormack 1954–1962 Offensive tackle

1985 22, 52 Frank Gatski 1946–1956 Offensive center

1987 18 Len Dawson† 1960–1961 Quarterback

1994 44 Leroy Kelly 1964–1973 Running back

1995 72 Henry Jordan† 1957–1958 Defensive tackle

1998 29 Tommy McDonald† 1968 Wide receiver

1999 82 Ozzie Newsome 1978–1990 Tight end

2003 64 Joe DeLamielleure 1980–1984 Offensive guard

2007 66 Gene Hickerson 1958–1960

1962–1973 Offensive guard

† Performance with Browns incidental to induction

Indeed we are:

Franchise NFL Championships AFL Championships AAFC Championships Super Bowls Total†

Green Bay Packers 11 3 12

Chicago Bears 8 1 9

Cleveland Browns 4 4[6] 8

New York Giants 4 3 7

I'm actually in Hollywood. I love it here. Crime is a little high but the women are beautiful and anything you want to do is less than 15 minutes away. I hope to hell to never see another snowflake. But if you all like the cold weather and the chunky pasty women, have at it. As far as being rich, I'm far from it. Housing is high but everything else is pretty reasonable.

Dude, at your level, you should just hope to get a few chunky, pasty women.

No, the proof that this is a hate forum is that this type of thread generates more attention than any football related thread, there are typically more threads about the Steelers than the Browns,

There is not one Steeler thread on the front page.

Zombo

You didn't watch a single game of ours last year and see how bad DA and BQ sucked on an NFL field. You are correct. I don't have the stomach for that.

There is no excuse for their performances. As much as you would hate to admit, KW2 and Braylon Edwards are not league changing "weapons". Compared to Robiskie and Massoquoi, hell yes they are. Braylon ruined as many plays as he made. Wow. You are the worst fans on earth. 16 TD's he scored in 2007 and you just complain about the few drops. We had a vanilla schedule in 2007 and that was exposed in 2008 when we went to the Cowboys, Eagles, Skins and Giants. 1-3 against quality competition. Same team, same DA. The only difference was he was exposed. As soon as teams started getting pressure on him and locking down receivers over the top when they realized they didnt need to stack the box because Jamal Lewis was dragging ass and fattie pants Crennel would not bench him for Harrison. So, ALL that was DA's fault? After a QB has a good year teams will break him down and be better prepared the next year. The offense needs to adapt, not blame it all on the QB. He still had 9td, and 8int despite the fact that the offense sputtered. As soon as DA needed to start making decisions he crumbled in epic proportion. How did he ever decide to throw 29TD's in 07?

MoMass and Robiskie were rooks last year. MoMass had a good showing. Him paired with Cribbs, Stuckey, and Watson are an average unit at worst. Throw in an improved O-line, a seasoned vet QB coming off a bad year with a lot to prove... and there is an offense resembling the Trent Dilfer led Ravens that went to the SB. Now, our defense isn't quite at that point yet but it's moving in the right direction so I don't think the SB is possible this year but a playoff berth via the Wildcard certainly is. Reality check Mr.Skidmark fan. Your WR's are your problem......well, now you can add Delhomme to the list, too.

With all that said, we're still a hell of a lot further ahead than you guys right now. Face it, you're slamming our team for not having 'talent' at WR when you have absolutely ZERO proven talent on your offense, with exception to a Brown's castoff in KWII. Who, if he can make it without rupturing his knee, is your only hope. Mike Williams, unproven. Sammie Stroughter, unproven. Benn, unproven. At least Cribbs, MoMass and even Stuckey to an extent can and have produced in this league, even with the TERRIBLE QBs we had last year. You are high if you think you can compare three rookies with WRs who have caught passes in this league. Sammy Stroughter was a 7th round pick last year. He didn't start one game and was our slot receiver. He had 3 less catches than Massoqoui, your best WR and outproduced every other WR on your roster even though he didn't start one game all year. Don't tell me I can't compare them. Sammy Legend you can call him boy, also took over kick return duties at the end of the year and had a higher average per KR than Cribbs(2 yards better), and had more touchdowns per attempt than Cribbs, too. 1 per 11 attempts to Cribbs 1 per 18 attempts.

Be prepared to go away, hopefully forever, with your head between your legs next Sunday at around 4PM. I hate to burst your bubble, but you are a Browns fan, and the Browns still suck.

Dickholes. Way to keep it classy Browns fan. You deserve every misfortune that comes with being a Browns fan.

Hey "BucsNbiceps" go suck a fat one cause the best player on ur offense was our cancer. ur best player on offense has had six knee surgeries. "Cadillac" williams tore both his knees up and ur quarterback is hurting with his thumb so i guess ur kinda mad that ur team is gunna get their asses beat by us. only reason why u can flex that bicep is cause u've been gettin exercise by jerkin off all ur bucs fans.

Hey "BucsNbiceps" go suck a fat one cause the best player on ur offense was our cancer. ur best player on offense has had six knee surgeries. "Cadillac" williams tore both his knees up and ur quarterback is hurting with his thumb so i guess ur kinda mad that ur team is gunna get their asses beat by us. only reason why u can flex that bicep is cause u've been gettin exercise by jerkin off all ur bucs fans.

LOL... you came into this thread on the 23rd page to say THAT????

Good god. I would have thought after 48 hours of this thread being up, you'd have come up with something better to say than THAT.

The dude that said he was going to shoot me topped the list of weak smack talkers on this board, but man... as of 12:28AM we may have a new leader.

That was awful.

LOL... you came into this thread on the 23rd page to say THAT????

Good god. I would have thought after 48 hours of this thread being up, you'd have come up with something better to say than THAT.

The dude that said he was going to shoot me topped the list of weak smack talkers on this board, but man... as of 12:28AM we may have a new leader.

That was awful.

Oh yeah?

You're a meanie poopie head... Take that

ear bite

I hope you sissies are prepared to be reminded of who you are on Sunday... THE BROWNS.

Fact is, the Bucs defense has embarrassed Delhomme the previous few meetings. He hasn't played well against us since 2006.

Is our team full of unproven youngsters? Yeah, sure... to everyone outside Florida. We know what we have... and you're about to find out as well.

Bucs are going to put the Brownies in the Walls of Jericho on Sunday, and reinforce the notion that you are, still, in fact, the BROWNS.

Ehhh... we can say the same thing about our players. At this time in the season, everyone is thinking their new players and rookies are going to make their team better. Fact is, that doesn't always happen. You don't know what you have until they play.

On this Board, we're Browns fans. So we'll hype up our players and be optimistic (well, most the time) about how they're going to play. The same goes on your Buc's forums. You're just here to stir shit, which is fun but it all means nothing until Sunday 1pm.

I don't know much about the Bucs besides their #1 corner is out, their unproven QB is having a lingering injury, and they were 3-13 last season. Last time I checked, we should have all our starters on D, our QB has proven himself to be decent, and we were 5-11 last season.

Just the fact ma'am...

That's a bit harsh dontchya think........and as usual...... pure BS

No, the proof that this is a hate forum is that this type of thread generates more attention than any football related thread, there are typically more threads about the Steelers than the Browns, and you and your counterparts spend more time hating anyone who utters truth about the Browns than you do talking about your beloved team.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you can't take the trash talking that goes on typically on these kinds of boards you should perhaps go back to your lace doily tea and bridge parties with Miss Marple and Granny Clampett...though, I expect that Granny probably talks too much trash for you.

No question Florida is awesome as far as the weather goes. I tolerate heat very well, and I love palm trees! I've lived in NE Ohio all of my life, and still do, and every year I hate the winter weather more and more. It does make it a little easier having a kid that likes to play in the snow, but aside from football, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I do prefer summer. May through July is my favorite time of year. As for living down there, unless I was rich I wouldn't relocate, as the jobs are hard to come by down there. Plus, I have all of my family here, and it would be very hard to pick up and move. In addition, there is just something about this place that I can't just pick up and go. And, IMO nothing beats summer in Ohio? From June through Aug we usually average more days of sunshine than places like Miami, it's the other 7-9 months that are hard to get through. Still it's my home, for better or worse. What I WOULD like to do someday (and this is waaaaaaaay down the road, when the kid is out of school and my wife and I are retired) is become a snow bird. My wife likes the Fall because of the colors (I could give a shit, because peak is like a week, and then it's brown for the next 7 months). So, what our goal is, to eventually get a winter home down there, where we stay up here through the Fall and the holidays, so that we can get that true "holiday feel" and then right after New Years Day, leave for Florida, and not come back until Mother's Day when everything starts to bloom. To me, that's the best of both worlds, and having your cake and eat it too so to speak! But again, that is waaaaaaaaay down the road, and who knows what will happen between now and then. I can tell you though, no matter where I end up I will ALWAYS be a Browns fan, and a Cleveland fan FIRST!

BTW I had a great aunt and uncle that lived in Hollywood, and remember spending Christmas in 1985 down there. Do you happen to know where Poinciana Park is at? They lived on a street called Wiley, I believe.

BTW I had a great aunt and uncle that lived in Hollywood, and remember spending Christmas in 1985 down there. Do you happen to know where Poinciana Park is at? They lived on a street called Wiley, I believe.

Yes, I live about 3 miles north of that. 1.5 miles from the beach. They are within walking distance of the Mardi Gras Dogtrack, Gulfstream Horse track, Diplomat Golf Club, Hallandale Beach, and Young Circle (nice social scene).

Yes, I live about 3 miles north of that. 1.5 miles from the beach. They are within walking distance of the Mardi Gras Dogtrack, Gulfstream Horse track, Diplomat Golf Club, Hallandale Beach, and Young Circle (nice social scene).

I mean it has been since 1985 since I've been to that part of Florida, but I do remember going to Hallandale Beach all the time when we stayed with them. I also remember seeing signs for the dog track as well. There was a big mall there too (don't remember the name). Is it still there? My great uncle was from Cleveland, and my mom has a cousin that grew up in that area, but unfortunately we lost touch which is a bummer, because had we stayed in touch, then I'm sure we would have been there. I've been to Tampa as well, but it's been awhile as well... probably like 20 years. Now that my kid is old enough I would love to get down to Florida again to take him to Disney World.

Do they still play Jai Alai there? Back in the 70s I went to a Jai Alai match once. Though "match" might not be the right word. The Jai Alai games were essentially just like the Horse races...just another thing to gamble on. The last several times I was down there I didn't see any of the Jai Alai advertized.

I mean it has been since 1985 since I've been to that part of Florida, but I do remember going to Hallandale Beach all the time when we stayed with them. I also remember seeing signs for the dog track as well. There was a big mall there too (don't remember the name). Is it still there? My great uncle was from Cleveland, and my mom has a cousin that grew up in that area, but unfortunately we lost touch which is a bummer, because had we stayed in touch, then I'm sure we would have been there. I've been to Tampa as well, but it's been awhile as well... probably like 20 years. Now that my kid is old enough I would love to get down to Florida again to take him to Disney World.

Aventura Mall. It is very nice.

Do they still play Jai Alai there? Back in the 70s I went to a Jai Alai match once. Though "match" might not be the right word. The Jai Alai games were essentially just like the Horse races...just another thing to gamble on. The last several times I was down there I didn't see any of the Jai Alai advertized.

Yes, I live close to Dania Beach Jai Alai. People seem to dig it but I haven't gotten into it. I do play at their poker room occasionally.

If I get to Florida again it would probably just be to go to see Harry Potter World at Universal Studios, and maybe spend a little time around the beaches over by Bradenton/Sarasota. Otherwise I have been to just about everywhere in Florida...including the Dry Tortugas. How many of you have been there? Not too many people get there.

If I get to Florida again it would probably just be to go to see Harry Potter World at Universal Studios, and maybe spend a little time around the beaches over by Bradenton/Sarasota. Otherwise I have been to just about everywhere in Florida...including the Dry Tortugas. How many of you have been there? Not too many people get there.

I've heard of the Dry Tortugas, but have never been there. I've been to the east and west coasts of Florida, but never the panhandle. Would like to go there some time just to see it. All though I would imagine that I would want to go in the spring, or summer, as winters up there in that part of the state tend to get rather chilly compared with the rest of the state.

Ever been through Alligator Alley? Is it still set up where there are no gas stations throughout the length of it? Travellers were always warned to fill up prior to travelling it, and if your car did stall you were advised to stay in the car due to the assorted wild life in that region.

I've heard of the Dry Tortugas, but have never been there. I've been to the east and west coasts of Florida, but never the panhandle. Would like to go there some time just to see it. All though I would imagine that I would want to go in the spring, or summer, as winters up there in that part of the state tend to get rather chilly compared with the rest of the state.

Ever been through Alligator Alley? Is it still set up where there are no gas stations throughout the length of it? Travellers were always warned to fill up prior to travelling it, and if your car did stall you were advised to stay in the car due to the assorted wild life in that region.

They have plenty of gas stations now on Alligator Alley, and a chain-link fence to keep the creatures off the road. The Tamiami Trail(US41) is the one you need to watch out for. No gas stations and no fence. There are plenty of gators out there, but gators are pretty docile creatures. Nothing to be worried of unless you get near a nest.

They have plenty of gas stations now on Alligator Alley, and a chain-link fence to keep the creatures off the road. The Tamiami Trail(US41) is the one you need to watch out for. No gas stations and no fence. There are plenty of gators out there, but gators are pretty docile creatures. Nothing to be worried of unless you get near a nest.

I heard as long as you don't start feeding them, they'll leave you alone as well. It's when people feed them is when they expect it and tend to attack. Still wouldn't want to get up close to one. That or those damn Eastern Diamond Back Rattlesnakes that you have down there. Hell, you guys have almost every freakin' poisonous snake in the US down there! Up here, we only have copper heads, and timber rattlers. I've seen copper heads, but never a timber rattler. Probably due to being in a highly populated area. I know Florida has a lot more bugs and critters than we have here, but I have to ask; do you guys have the problem with the yellow jackets and bald faced hornets that we have up here around this time of year? Those things are freakin' ruthless! My wife is highly allergic to them! I can't stand them, and where I live it's very hard to be outside for a long time without them harrassing us.

Archived