THE BROWNS BOARD

You brahs aware the Bucs are gonna stomp that ass out on Sunday?

Bucky Biceps

Yes, I live close to Dania Beach Jai Alai. People seem to dig it but I haven't gotten into it. I do play at their poker room occasionally.

Dania. Yes, that is where I went. I guess I am not sure why they chose that particular endeavour to be the subject of gambling. I guess you could have handball or raquetball or squash players competing and betting on them as well as having Jai Alai.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have plenty of gas stations now on Alligator Alley, and a chain-link fence to keep the creatures off the road. The Tamiami Trail(US41) is the one you need to watch out for. No gas stations and no fence. There are plenty of gators out there, but gators are pretty docile creatures. Nothing to be worried of unless you get near a nest.

You used to be able to stop along the Tamiami Trail and see guys wrestling the alligators, and get airboat rides. I suspect you probably still can. Yea, I doubt that any gator is going to jump out on the road after you.

On the Dry Tortugas you have to take about a 2-3 hour boat ride out of Key West to get there.

Once you do, you would find the world's largest brick building built on the island. Fort Jefferson. Built after the War of 1812 and the Mexican War to protect America's southern shores in case of attack. I guess it worked, America was never attacked from near that location again. After the Civil War it was made into a prison. In fact Dr. Samuel Mudd who treated John Wilkes Booth the night he assassinated Lincoln was sent there for several years until he was pardoned. While there he made outstanding inroads into the treatment of yellow fever.

I hope you sissies are prepared to be reminded of who you are on Sunday... THE BROWNS.

Fact is, the Bucs defense has embarrassed Delhomme the previous few meetings. He hasn't played well against us since 2006.

Is our team full of unproven youngsters? Yeah, sure... to everyone outside Florida. We know what we have... and you're about to find out as well.

Bucs are going to put the Brownies in the Walls of Jericho on Sunday, and reinforce the notion that you are, still, in fact, the BROWNS.

Regarding Delhomme- he won't be playing behind Carolina's line this time- he'll have arguably the best left tackle in the NFL watching his back.

Regarding YOUR unproven youngsters- Williams & Benn have yet to play a down in the NFL, yet you KNOW they're gonna be great. Sure, anyone can look great in the preaseason when teams don't gameplan for players. We had a running back once upon a time named Ben Gay who tore it up in the preseason- problem was when the games that count started he was too dumb to remember what he was supposed to do when things got past vanilla.

And regarding OUR youngsters- we know what we have too- and I won't go making any rash predictions about them- you're going to find out Sunday.

Regarding Delhomme- he won't be playing behind Carolina's line this time- he'll have arguably the best left tackle in the NFL watching his back.

Regarding YOUR unproven youngsters- Williams & Benn have yet to play a down in the NFL, yet you KNOW they're gonna be great. Sure, anyone can look great in the preaseason when teams don't gameplan for players. We had a running back once upon a time named Ben Gay who tore it up in the preseason- problem was when the games that count started he was too dumb to remember what he was supposed to do when things got past vanilla.

And regarding OUR youngsters- we know what we have too- and I won't go making any rash predictions about them- you're going to find out Sunday.

Just saying, Carolina has a monster O-line as well.

To be honest- Benn probably won't get THAT much action this weekend. It's going to be a tossup between him and Stovall as to who gets more playing time. Benn hasn't picked up the offense as quickly as Williams so we aren't expecting much from him right out of the gate. Williams on the other hand is a stud and there's really not much arguing that.

In reply to jjbjeff

So, ALL that was DA's fault? After a QB has a good year teams will break him down and be better prepared the next year. The offense needs to adapt, not blame it all on the QB. He still had 9td, and 8int despite the fact that the offense sputtered. As soon as DA needed to start making decisions he crumbled in epic proportion. How did he ever decide to throw 29TD's in 07?

We gave you the answer to that - more than once. He played a soft schedule, & teams had no tape on him. Once opponents figured out he was a one trick pony, with a deep ball only and couldn't hit a swing pass to save his life the rest was easy- take away his over the top, and make DA beat you short- he can't. Ever hear of Scott Mitchell? Same story. Ditto that for our departed Cam Wimbley- if you only have an outside speed rush, teams will just run you out of the play.

Braylon ruined as many plays as he made. Wow. You are the worst fans on earth. 16 TD's he scored in 2007 and you just complain about the few drops.

Few? :lol: FYI, Braylon led the league in drops the year before we sent him packing- and a bunch of them that hit him in the hands would have been for TDs- if he had Marvin Harrison hands he would have had about 22 TDs. What good is it if you're open by 5 yards and can't hang onto the freaking ball? I wish I had that loop (found it) of the drop he had last year with the Jets in the end zone for the potential game winning TD- it was a catch a Pop Warner kid would have no excuse for dropping. Here's a couple of examples why we got rid of "Hands of Stone"

Drop #1

Drop #2

Braylon Edwards was very similar to Derek Anderson: They both can make the occasional spectacular play, be it a throw or a pass, but when it comes to the necessary, common steady performance that is required or a quality pro athlete they both come up short.

Anderson would often miss the wide open receiver that was right in front of him.

Edwards would drop the easy pass that was right in his bread basket.

The ironic incidents were when, finally DA was able to put an easy pass right in a wide open Edwards breadbasket, something DA was rarely capable of doing; but, of course, Braylon would drop it.

Bucs 35 Browns 13.

Delhomme will suck against Bucs defense like he did for the last two seasons. Too bad, he does not have the Panther's O-line, 2 uber talented RBs and an All-Pro receiver to carry him.

Pass offense : Bucs

Rush offense : Browns

Overall offense: Bucs

Run defense : Browns

Pass defense : Bucs

Overall defense : Bucs

STs: Push

Bucs 35 Browns 13.

Delhomme will suck against Bucs defense like he did for the last two seasons. Too bad, he does not have the Panther's O-line, 2 uber talented RBs and an All-Pro receiver to carry him.

Overall offense: Bucs

Pass defense : Bucs

Overall defense : Bucs

STs: Push

No bias or anything- but that does sound about right... Maybe not score- I already said it'd be 45-0... but the comparisons.. yeah

This thread is what this forum stands for! Bitter, bickering, hate filled, frustration!

What you see here folks is a variant of what they call "psychological transference". You see it means that a person who possesses certain traits, particularly negative traits has a tendency to see all his own worst traits in other things and other objects. Thus, Stone, a bitter, hate filled, frustrated individual imposes those characteristics on the object of his scorn....the Browns, Browns fans, this board, his mother-in-law, his children, his boss, whomever. It is irrelevent that they actually possess those traits; it is only relevent that he has those traits and superimposes them on others. Thus, that is the dynamic at work here. A spirited, even congenial debate between 2 sets of fan bases to him becomes a bickering hate filled event. Not because it is, but because he wants it to be. Possibly because of his personal relationship which are unfullfilling to him or fraught with tension, or because of some event that occurred in his childhood. His home life as a child may have been filled with bickering or hatred. This is only speculation. It is not for me to say. I would suggest he address it with his therapist.

What you see here folks is a variant of what they call "psychological transference". You see it means that a person who possesses certain traits, particularly negative traits has a tendency to see all his own worst traits in other things and other objects. Thus, Stone, a bitter, hate filled, frustrated individual imposes those characteristics on the object of his scorn....the Browns, Browns fans, this board, his mother-in-law, his children, his boss, whomever. It is irrelevent that they actually possess those traits; it is only relevent that he has those traits and superimposes them on others. Thus, that is the dynamic at work here. A spirited, even congenial debate between 2 sets of fan bases to him becomes a bickering hate filled event. Not because it is, but because he wants it to be. Possibly because of his personal relationship which are unfullfilling to him or fraught with tension, or because of some event that occurred in his childhood. His home life as a child may have been filled with bickering or hatred. This is only speculation. It is not for me to say. I would suggest he address it with his therapist.

Grammar_Natzee__Wall_O___Text_by_dinyctis.jpg

Settle down there Berubesbucs. You are a troll, and not too good of a one I might add.

Its OK, DieHard. Buckybicep already gladly admitted that any conversation above a 3rd grade level is beyond the realm of his comprehension. He is actually alright and a bit funny. The disturbing person was the "Bromeister" who apparently willingly posted a video of himself sucker punching a chick like he was proud of it. I asked him to confirm that that was not really himself in that shot. He didn't deny that it was him.

Bucs are going to put the Brownies in the Walls of Jericho on Sunday, and reinforce the notion that you are, still, in fact, the BROWNS:

Indeed, we are:

member of the class of 2007.

Pro Football Hall of Famers

Inducted No. Player name Tenure Position(s)

1965 60, 14 Otto Graham 1946–1955 Quarterback

1967 — Paul Brown 1946–1962 Head coach

1968 76, 36 Marion Motley 1946–1953 Fullback

1971 32 Jim Brown 1957–1965 Fullback

1974 46, 76 Lou Groza 1946–1959

1961–1967 Offensive tackle

Placekicker

1975 56, 86 Dante Lavelli 1946–1956 Wide receiver

1976 53, 80 Len Ford 1950–1957 Defensive end

1977 30, 45, 60 Bill Willis 1946–1953 Middle guard

Offensive guard

1981 77 Willie Davis† 1958–1959 Defensive end

1982 83 Doug Atkins† 1953–1954 Defensive end

1983 49 Bobby Mitchell 1958–1961 Wide receiver

Halfback

1983 42 Paul Warfield 1964–1969

1976–1977 Wide receiver

1984 74 Mike McCormack 1954–1962 Offensive tackle

1985 22, 52 Frank Gatski 1946–1956 Offensive center

1987 18 Len Dawson† 1960–1961 Quarterback

1994 44 Leroy Kelly 1964–1973 Running back

1995 72 Henry Jordan† 1957–1958 Defensive tackle

1998 29 Tommy McDonald† 1968 Wide receiver

1999 82 Ozzie Newsome 1978–1990 Tight end

2003 64 Joe DeLamielleure 1980–1984 Offensive guard

2007 66 Gene Hickerson 1958–1960

1962–1973 Offensive guard

† Performance with Browns incidental to induction

Indeed we are:

Franchise NFL Championships AFL Championships AAFC Championships Super Bowls Total†

Green Bay Packers 11 3 12

Chicago Bears 8 1 9

Cleveland Browns 4 4[6] 8

New York Giants 4 3 7

Baltimore Ravens indeed have a great history.

Its OK, DieHard. Buckybicep already gladly admitted that any conversation above a 3rd grade level is beyond the realm of his comprehension. He is actually alright and a bit funny. The disturbing person was the "Bromeister" who apparently willingly posted a video of himself sucker punching a chick like he was proud of it. I asked him to confirm that that was not really himself in that shot. He didn't deny that it was him.

He decked her because she was flirting with his boy friend.

Bucs 35 Browns 13.

oh yeah? with your starting corner out and the Browns solid running game/dominant O-Line to keep the pass Defense honest? doubt it. Don't forget Freeman is also injured don't forget that

Overall offense: Bucs wrong

Pass defense : Bucs can't really argue this, yet. We have 2 very promising rookies starting though, and I know how much you trolls like to put stock in unproven rookies.

Overall defense : Bucspush

STs: PushLOL. Our coverage teams are excellent. Our kicking game is excellent. Our return game is the best in the league. And you call this a push? LOL

I hope you are prepared to be disappointed when you watch this game on tv....errr I mean listen to it on the radio! pathetic fan base.

YOU JUST GOT CURLED!

big_poppa_pump_800_600.jpg

Esquire, would it be asking to much if in the future you would double space your eloquent yet articulat diatribes for those of us here whose eyes are beginning to falter due to old age or other maladies?

Most of your posts are well thought out and presented in a clearly designed format. Prehaps, if you were to change your writing style, the important issues mired deep in nonsensical diatribe would rise

to the top allowing those (who before would only sniff and run) to stay and attempt to make sense of your outpourings no matter how contrived.

I have also included a link that will clearly show a relation between your writings and your favorite Led Zeppelin tune.....Just throwing it out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUlmZ2PdxiE

Esquire, would it be asking to much if in the future you would double space your eloquent yet articulat diatribes for those of us here whose eyes are beginning to falter due to old age or other maladies?

Most of your posts are well thought out and presented in a clearly designed format. Prehaps, if you were to change your writing style, the important issues mired deep in nonsensical diatribe would rise

to the top allowing those (who before would only sniff and run) to stay and attempt to make sense of your outpourings no matter how contrived.

I have also included a link that will clearly show a relation between your writings and your favorite Led Zepplin tune.....Just throwing it out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUlmZ2PdxiEuded

I did do it like you did once where I made every sentence a paragraph. Not sure that was the right way though.

Though, on occasion I do "Ramble On" I don't think this was one of those occasions. It was more of a formatting issue perhaps than a content issue. Besides, I prefer to think of myself in an even more vintage light like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2aBOTNGWMY

oh yeah? with your starting corner out and the Browns solid running game/dominant O-Line to keep the pass Defense honest? doubt it. Don't forget Freeman is also injured don't forget that

Pass defense : Bucs can't really argue this, yet. We have 2 very promising rookies starting though, and I know how much you trolls like to put stock in unproven rookies.

STs: PushLOL. Our coverage teams are excellent. Our kicking game is excellent. Our return game is the best in the league. And you call this a push? LOL

Yes our starting corner is out, but we have the other starter (Ronde). Please enlighten me which receiver on your team should I be concerned about? Massaquoi is a decent talent, but no burner, sure Talib will be missed, but not by much. And who is throwing the ball anyways? Jake? LOL, you guys will be disappointed. You will be asking for Seneca or Colt to start from week 5-6. Freeman was injured, he has recovered. He is a strong armed QB and can extend the field unlike Delhomme. Your run game is good, but not as good as the Panthers run game last year. You now have the QB that held Panthers running game back btw.

STs is a push. If you look at ST rankings from last season, you will see that Bucs have been as good as the Browns in both return game as well as coverage. Check your facts before you LOL brownie.

Yes our starting corner is out, but we have the other starter (Ronde). Please enlighten me which receiver on your team should I be concerned about? Massaquoi is a decent talent, but no burner, sure Talib will be missed, but not by much. And who is throwing the ball anyways? Jake? LOL, you guys will be disappointed. You will be asking for Seneca or Colt to start from week 5-6. Freeman was injured, he has recovered. He is a strong armed QB and can extend the field unlike Delhomme. Your run game is good, but not as good as the Panthers run game last year. You now have the QB that held Panthers running game back btw.

STs is a push. If you look at ST rankings from last season, you will see that Bucs have been as good as the Browns in both return game as well as coverage. Check your facts before you LOL brownie.

Give it up man... The Delhomme argument goes right over their head.

I remember a few months back when I heard Delhomme was signed by the Browns to be the starter (before I even realized we were playing them week 1, can't remember if schedules had come out yet) I LITERALLY LAUGHED ... I couldn't believe they thought Delhomme was going to be their savior... and it appears Browns fans are brainwashed into thinking Delhomme is a world beater.

Without Steve Smith and J. Stewart and D. Williams, Delhomme is going to have a rough time... and I'll say it AGAIN... you will be BEGGING for Colt or Seneca by midseason, if it even takes that long.

Archived