THE BROWNS BOARD

Toothlessberger loses another tooth?

Rooster Dick

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Seymour Ben didn't say anything. Nice try though. You didn't see Harrison doing that to Brady last week after his antics. If he did you would have wet yourself all over the place crying how Harrison should be suspended for the season. Seymour is a repeat offender and gets the smallest punishment the rules permit.

I have to agree with you about the hypocrisy of a lot of people in this thread. You are wrong about the smallest punishment though. Seymour was fined the max that he could be according to the rules.

I have to agree with you about the hypocrisy of a lot of people in this thread. You are wrong about the smallest punishment though. Seymour was fined the max that he could be according to the rules.

I read in an artilce 25k is the minimum for a 2nd fighting incident. I'm not questioning your honesty but where did you find 25k is the max amount? It seems like it would have been brought up by now if that's true.

I heard it on the NFL network Monday. No link, but that is what they said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ve-been-higher/

I just found this link. It says 2nd fighting offense usually results in a $25k fine, but it also says that's the minimum.

"But it’s not as automatic as some have suggested. As NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told us via e-mail on Sunday when we inquired generally about the procedure, the fines ($10,000 for a first offense and $25,000 for a second offense) are minimums."

Dirty it's okay if no injury occurs? Good thing Ben is tough and can take a punch to the helmet from a guy who out weighs him by 100 pounds.

Flag ...Ejected ... It wasnt OK ... then he was Fined Max for infraction. Life goes on. I didnt like it ..again life goes on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ve-been-higher/

I just found this link. It says 2nd fighting offense usually results in a $25k fine, but it also says that's the minimum.

"But it’s not as automatic as some have suggested. As NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told us via e-mail on Sunday when we inquired generally about the procedure, the fines ($10,000 for a first offense and $25,000 for a second offense) are minimums."

I stand corrected. Either they were wrong on the NFL Network or I heard it wrong. Thanks for the link.

I stand corrected. Either they were wrong on the NFL Network or I heard it wrong. Thanks for the link.

The NFL Network seems to make more mistakes about the basic knowledge of the NFL more than CBS, NBC, Fox and ESPN. Wouldn't surprise me if they just flat out had it wrong.

Maybe they just said something about fines for 2nd fighting offenses are typically no higher than $25k and it came across as that's the most they can be fined by rule.

Archived