THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ben is a Faker

Guest ATENEARS

When they won SB XL starting during the playoffs I was gettin run off route 28 by Mercedes with Steeler magnets on them. Steeler stuff everywhere.

The next year around week 12 or so...when they were out of the playoffs...it was go Pens. I live in Pa, and I know who the Steeler "faithful" really are.

Two losing seasons..and it'll be a hockey town again.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When they won SB XL starting during the playoffs I was gettin run off route 28 by Mercedes with Steeler magnets on them. Steeler stuff everywhere.

The next year around week 12 or so...when they were out of the playoffs...it was go Pens. I live in Pa, and I know who the Steeler "faithful" really are.

Two losing seasons..and it'll be a hockey town again.

Steelers had more then their fair share of very bad season in the 80's, early 90's, late 90's, and early 20's. Despite that, there has been only one game since 1972 the Seelers didn't sell out! The Browns only sell out when the Steelers come to town!

In case your comprehension is down, which is usually the case, getting 65,000 people at a game does not classify as filling the bandwagon, you clown. It's the supposed FOLLOWING....

Get it right you mook.

And how the FcK are you still on another team's board 6 hours after the fact??? LOL

There is a Steeler bar is every state and atleast 8 different countries. Do you think they just close up and turn into a luandry mat if the Steeler lose a few games?

I'm really sorry Preacher, but did you see how many freaking straps they used to secure Big Gay to that backboard? Wholly shit, I don't think I've been that entertained since the Lilliputians strapped ole Gulliver down. Anyhow Thumbs up to you buddy, I hope you had a chance to wipe away that tear and hug those love ones around you when you saw the thumbs up ... I know I did.

105195.jpg

Tell you what. The next time your mother father, son, daughter, brother, sister, is strapped to a board... make sure to laugh at the too.

I am aghast at this board right now. I understand rivalries. But what I don't understand is people acting like utter trash. And this... is acting like utter trash. While your buddies here might think you are funny, it shows how pathetic your world view really is.

But I keep forgetting. . . I am talking to a guy that still thinks he is a grade school bully. . . trying to meet others on the playground for a fight.

Simply no class. No one that makes fun of injuries has class. Period.

This goes beyond football. You are simply a damaged human being. I feel sad for you. But not sad enough to keep up any discussion with you.

Stay classy-- and see if you can find any more steeler fans to fight on a playground.. there are some other boards you can troll for it.

I also remember why I stopped posting here. There is no need to be associated with people that has this shallow a view of other people.

Tell you what. The next time your mother father, son, daughter, brother, sister, is strapped to a board... make sure to laugh at the too.

I am aghast at this board right now. I understand rivalries. But what I don't understand is people acting like utter trash. And this... is acting like utter trash. While your buddies here might think you are funny, it shows how pathetic your world view really is.

But I keep forgetting. . . I am talking to a guy that still thinks he is a grade school bully. . . trying to meet others on the playground for a fight.

Simply no class. No one that makes fun of injuries has class. Period.

This goes beyond football. You are simply a damaged human being. I feel sad for you. But not sad enough to keep up any discussion with you.

Stay classy-- and see if you can find any more steeler fans to fight on a playground.. there are some other boards you can troll for it.

Thanks for believing human decency is more important then football. Its one thing to cheer this on now knowing Ben is more then likely going to make a full recovery from his concusion. Its another this to start cheering his injury while he was laying motionless on the ground.

hardest schedule, 2 wins from both the (2) Browns 4-12 this year, and (2) Bengals 4-11-1 this year, (1) Houston 8-8 this year, (1) Chargers 7-8 this year, (1) Jacksonville 5-11 this year, (1) Washington 8-8 this year _ NONE OF THEM ARE exactly lighting it up this year, (1) Dallas 9-7 this year, (2) Baltimore 11-5 this year, (1) NE 11-5 this year - decent to good teams.

SO THAT IS 8 WINS FROM .500 OR WORSE TEAMS, AND 4 OVER .500 TEAMS!

Losses (1) IND 12-4 this year, (1) Titans 13-3 this year, (1) Giants 12-4 this year- good teams, really good teams. (1) Philly 9-6-1 this year- decent team

THAT IS 4 LOSSES TO OVER .500 TEAMS

not exactly a hard schedule in my book not cream puff but not what i call hard

BS! This is the biggest group of bandwagon fans I have ever come across, save the Cowboys. Funny, a couple years back, all I saw in these parts of PA were Steeler everything. Coats.. hats... sweatshirts... etc. Funny, once they get bounced from the playoffs or do not make it, it all disappears. How is that???

I get made fun of at work for my Browns allegiance, but the one guy, who is not a Shitsburgh fan said "I got to give the guy credit, at least he wears his colors all year no matter the circumstance".

So dont come on here and croon about bathing in their pain and glory, because that is utter BS.

Honestly, Patriot fans are by far the biggest bandwagoners. 15 years ago you couldn't find a patriots jersey except for the ones on the players.

Ummmm .... 'cause it's a BROWNS board?

Zombo

Hmm... So you are saying that Browns fans lack class?

naa, I doubt that is what you are saying. You are just assuming-- and showing your ignorance in doing so.

It is because there are SOME here that are so ignorant they don't understand that football is JUST A GAME. And ANYONE that gets hurt playing a GAME, has to suffer with those injuries the REST OF THEIR LIFE.

Are you really that dense to not understand that? or that immature to not be able to separate the two?

And yes, I call people out on my "home" Steelers board for doing the same.

naa, I doubt that is what you are saying. You are just assuming-- and showing your ignorance in doing so.

It is because there are SOME here that are so ignorant they don't understand that football is JUST A GAME. And ANYONE that gets hurt playing a GAME, has to suffer with those injuries the REST OF THEIR LIFE.

Are you really that dense to not understand that? or that immature to not be able to separate the two?

And yes, I call people out on my "home" Steelers board for doing the same.

you are kinda creepy stalking our boards. and no one cares about your poor little steelers fans getting upset that their quarterback got hurt!

No, I'm saying if you don't want to get your little girlie feelings hurt, then don't come over here.

Zombo

--your posts drip with estrogen

Guest ATENEARS
It is because there are SOME here that are so ignorant they don't understand that football is JUST A GAME.

And this is JUST A MESSAGE BOARD ... it ain't no church to preach in. If your wittle feelings get hurt and your view for the common man gets ruffled, then perhaps you should take a break until you grow into some big boy pants.

Big Ben is a Faker

and the DRAMA BEGINS!!!!!

ARTICLE;

AFC North: Will Big Ben Play? Will It Matter?

By Tony Moss, NFL Editor

(Sports Network) - An eerie silence pervaded Heinz Field as Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was being strapped to a backboard in the second quarter of Pittsburgh's eventual 31-0 thrashing of the Cleveland Browns.

There was concern for Roethlisberger, who it turned out had suffered a minor concussion and, luckily for all involved, not the more serious injury that a call for immobilization of the head and neck generally indicates.

There were also whispers about head coach Mike Tomlin's decision to use the oft-battered Roethlisberger in a game that meant absolutely nothing for the Steelers, who were locked into the No. 2 playoff slot in the AFC.

Generally speaking, the worst-case scenario when a star player participates in a meaningless game such as this one is just such an injury, and many Steelers fans may have wondered if the team's Super Bowl hopes were flashing before their eyes as Roethlisberger was being removed from the sandlot-quality Heinz Field playing surface.

Tomlin said after the Cleveland win that he was hopeful Roethlisberger would play when the team hosts a Divisional Playoff game on Jan. 11, and on Tuesday told reporters that the former Pro Bowler was "doing better."

Roethlisberger's status is bound to be a topic of conversation and media speculation in advance of the Steelers' playoff date with the Dolphins, Chargers, or Colts...though should it?

Sure, the former first-round pick has a Super Bowl win on his resume, has topped 3,000 passing yards in each of the past three seasons and is undeniably talented, but let's not pretend he's the first, second, or third reason that Pittsburgh is a 12-4 division-winner in 2008.

Though a weak offensive line is largely to blame, Roethlisberger hasn't posted a triple-digit passer rating since Week 7, threw a scant eight touchdown passes versus 12 interceptions over his final 10 games, and presides over the NFL's No. 22 offense (311.9 yards per game) and No. 17 passing offense (206.3 yards per game).

Does anyone think Byron Leftwich - who has looked at ease in two games of extended relief this season - would fail to live up to those lofty numbers?

The truth is that the Steelers continue to win in spite of their offense, not because of it, and it is the defense that will have to carry Pittsburgh if the team wishes to raise the Lombardi Trophy in a month's time.

The Black and Gold finished the regular season ranked No. 1 in the league in total defense (237.2 yards per game), scoring defense (13.9 points per game), and passing defense (156.9 yards per game), and finished a close second in NFL rushing defense (80.2 yards per game) behind only the Minnesota Vikings.

Three Steelers defenders were named to the Pro Bowl (Troy Polamalu, James Farrior, James Harrison), one more should have been (LaMarr Woodley), and cases could be made for at least two others (Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith).

Meanwhile, neither Roethlisberger nor a single member of the Steelers offense either received or was worthy of a Pro Bowl citation. :P

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform...aspx?id=4200253

suffered a minor concussion

That may have been the most over-acted, over-dramatic, over-precautionary injury timeout of all time.

I probably had 10 "minor concussions" playing football as a kid. No one brought out a tool set to take your facemask off or strapped you to a gurney ... you walked it off and made somebody pay on the next play.

Big Ben should play in Dallas with all of the other drama queens.

Zombo

--Mike Utley ought to bitchslap him.

No doubt, Ben's a huge drama queen. For all the hits he's taken, it's not a wonder that he's not retired for health reasons. But I agree with anteaters, he sometimes milks it a little.

I don't think he was milking it much last Sunday, he was concussed.

Still, it's great to know that we got a QB from Ohio (of all places) of the caliber that yinz haven't seen since.... well one that yinz haven't seen period.

Enjoy watching the playoff games just like your team is - safely from the comfort of your couches.

Regards

..... an'at

hardest schedule, 2 wins from both the (2) Browns 4-12 this year, and (2) Bengals 4-11-1 this year, (1) Houston 8-8 this year, (1) Chargers 7-8 this year, (1) Jacksonville 5-11 this year, (1) Washington 8-8 this year _ NONE OF THEM ARE exactly lighting it up this year, (1) Dallas 9-7 this year, (2) Baltimore 11-5 this year, (1) NE 11-5 this year - decent to good teams.

SO THAT IS 8 WINS FROM .500 OR WORSE TEAMS, AND 4 OVER .500 TEAMS!

Losses (1) IND 12-4 this year, (1) Titans 13-3 this year, (1) Giants 12-4 this year- good teams, really good teams. (1) Philly 9-6-1 this year- decent team

THAT IS 4 LOSSES TO OVER .500 TEAMS

not exactly a hard schedule in my book not cream puff but not what i call hard

Good point... the Good thing for us is all out losses could have been wins (save Philly ...and Tenn did kind of puts us away at the end) So as long as we can hang in a playoff Match... we have a Shot !

Oh, and where do i get one of those cool new Cleveland Browns AFC North Champs shirts? They seem to be in short supply...

We can have one custom made for you, just step into www.TheBrownsStore.com

And you can even get one for your boyfriend who puts the "silver" on your back.

Zombo

• 7 months later...
One for the Thumb!

benthumbsup.jpg

Okay, remember what I said about moral victories not counting earlier today? There's an exception to every rule folks!

- Tom F. (Your buddy Flugel gets a Basketball Jones when we double dribble Steeler QBs on hard surfaces)

Okay, remember what I said about moral victories not counting earlier today? There's an exception to every rule folks!

- Tom F. (Your buddy Flugel gets a Basketball Jones when we double dribble Steeler QBs on hard surfaces)

Moral victories how?? Did the Browns put Big Gay Ben out for the entire playoffs with this hit?? Did it cause the Steelers to lose any playoff games and make Ben play horrible in the 2 playoff games and Super Bowl?? Oh that's right the Browns did none of that and Ben went on to have one of the greatest end of game drives ever in the history of the Super Bowl, culminated with one of if not the greatest catch and play ever in Super Bowl History by Santanio Holmes...

Archived