THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis On The Cover Of Madden!

BeernBrowns

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I don't really have anyone to play this game with. Most of my friends play Fallout 3 and those types of games. But now I will have to buy this game, because of Peyton's cover.

Yeah, I don't play VGs, but I will pick up a copy as a collectible.

I wonder how sales will do in Pittsburgh?

Zombo

I wasn't sure how that would work. I figured it would because it always comes out in August, plenty before the season, and preseason. Good to know.

Well it's a video game that's ran by EA, not the NFL. So it will be release regardless if there is no football this year. Actually if there is no football their sales would probably go up since football starved people would go out and buy the game.

Fantastic news & a real positive step for the Browns. Thanks to Hillis for bringing respect back to the Browns & Brown's players.

YAHOO!!!!!

Mike

heh, i entered a bracket to pick the cover for madden, with the winner getting a copy of madden '12 and the overall highest scorers of the brackets got tickets to the super bowl or season tickets to any team of their choice. I missed three picks (steve johnson twice, hines ward). If i would gotten one more right I would of won the season tickets, but in any case i won a free copy of madden 12. Needless to say that's really awesome, i will most likely keep the game a really long.

since sj's post today at around 3:30 we had all the interns standing around to make sure when the announcement came.........AWESOME!

yes i'm an old 40ish MFer working too hard and too long but to see this in the middle of NYC media center is incredible.

yeah i caught the sneek peek of hillis and vick busting on hines ward. thank god for TIVO. hillis got mad when vick said wards' 'brown' pants were, can we say it......'gay'. hilarious!

congrats to peyton. go bang that chick beadle from sports nation and he's my all-time fave.

Where do I get that shirt he is wearing at the unveiling?? Also he dwarfs Vick.. looked like he was ready to tear someones head off at any moment. Way to go Petyon!

PDG, it's because Browns fans are the most passionate in all of sports and Hillis is a truck ... if you make this about race I will piss all over your pizza and shit down your neck.

If it had been Josh Cribbs, he would have won too.

We love our Browns.

Zombo

PDG, it's because Browns fans are the most passionate in all of sports and Hillis is a truck ... if you make this about race I will piss all over your pizza and shit down your neck.

We love our Browns.

Zombo

Nicely put.

We love our Browns.

Zombo

nothing to do with race for me, but i was just wondering that today when i read in the paper he'd been selected. they listed his stats and i had to re-read them because i didn't think they were good enough to put him on the cover.

that being said i'm glad he won, and as a pittbull owner i'm glad vick lost.

all i can say is good luck hillis and FEAR THE CURSE!!!!!

Roo- I am a Browns fan. I just find it funny that a RB that put up entirely average numbers made the cover of Madden. I wonder why that is?

Because he is a good runner. Because he is a popular player. Because he is a crowd pleaser. Because he has the weight and support of Cleveland Browns fans behind him. Because if the Browns turn into a winner the fan support for them would dwarf anything that is claimed by Cowboy fans/Steeler fans/Raider fans etc. etc. Even the vaunted Packer fan base could not outshine the Cleveland Browns fan base....when they had the guy that probably most deserved the "honor" in Aaron Rodgers.

Now do you understand why?

"I feel like the Kurt Cobain of my generation, but people just don't understand me"-----Justin Beiber

"I felt like the Justin Beiber of my generation, so I killed myself"------Kurt Cobains Ghost

By the way Gaf, I just saw this. Its funny as hell. :lol:

We love our Browns.

Zombo

No doubt Browns fans are some of the most passionate in the league and I really like Hillis but there is no way that he is on the cover if he weren't white. Also, there is 0% chance that Cribbs would have made it. 0%.

Roo- I am a Browns fan. I just find it funny that a RB that put up entirely average numbers made the cover of Madden. I wonder why that is?

yeah nice try, I've never seen you post anything positive about a browns player. In this tread alone you said both Hillis and Cribbs were undeserving of a Madden cover. Okay? as a Browns fan wouldn't you want them on it?

maybe you'd rather see Ben, Mendenhall, or Miller on the cover. Since you probably think they are all better than McCoy, Hillis, and Watson...

No doubt Browns fans are some of the most passionate in the league and I really like Hillis but there is no way that he is on the cover if he weren't white. Also, there is 0% chance that Cribbs would have made it. 0%.

Adrian Peterson (black rb) over Phillip Rivers (white qb) ... racism?

Jamal Charles (black rb) over Tim Tebow (super white qb) ... racism?

Aaron Rodgers (white qb) easily beats Dannny Woodhead (white rb) but easily loses to Peyton Hills (white rb) ... does that mean Hillis is more whiter than Rodgers who is more whiter than Woodhead???

No, it means the Browns fans got out the vote.

And yes, Cribbs would have gotten our votes too.

We didn't vote for Hillis because he's white, we voted for him because he's Brown. And he's an effing truck.

Zombo

--You are an insult to Browns fans

yeah nice try, I've never seen you post anything positive about a browns player.

It has been a while since the Browns have had anyone to make a positive comment about. True, I tend to be very pessimistic and in a forum full of Rah-Rah types, I'm sure I come off about as bitter as you guys come off delusional.

Archived