THE BROWNS BOARD

Trayvon Martin

he left his house to follow the kid that is were he went wrong. he sought out confrontation, as a ccw that is something you simply do not do. you do not seek out trouble you avoid it. as a ccw you are held to a higher standard. sorry he was wrong.

A agree with you man, he was an asshole and wrong for following him. But plain and simple he broke no law. In the eyes of the LAW he did nothing to be assaulted. I am talking strictly from a legal standpoint not a emotional standpoint.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A agree with you man, he was an asshole and wrong for following him. But plain and simple he broke no law. In the eyes of the LAW he did nothing to be assaulted. I am talking strictly from a legal standpoint not a emotional standpoint.

I cannot go to a bar and provoke a confrontation then when I find one, shoot them and claim a justifiable homicide. he was the aggressor it will not stand up. and it should not; he behaved recklessly and forced a situation. if he had simply stayed in his home and been a good witness we would not be having this discussion. But Zimmerman is obviously a paranoid vigilante and would claim that anything is a threat to him when in reality he is the threat and aggressor.

like I said if I was in the kids shoes I could see myself in the same situation.

I cannot go to a bar and provoke a confrontation then when I find one, shoot them and claim a justifiable homicide. he was the aggressor it will not stand up. and it should not; he behaved recklessly and forced a situation. if he had simply stayed in his home and been a good witness we would not be having this discussion. But Zimmerman is obviously a paranoid vigilante and would claim that anything is a threat to him when in reality he is the threat and aggressor.

like I said if I was in the kids shoes I could see myself in the same situation.

First off, you cannot have a conceal and carry in a bar. Second, the bar is private property and a person is subject to dismissal at the discretion of the bar owner, hence the bouncers. You are and legally protected on public property. On public property you are subject to verbal exchanges without the fear of getting assaulted.

While I do agree with everything you are saying about his douchbagery, Florida law dictates otherwise.

This is from the facts today. If other facts present themselves I may change my mind.

First off, you cannot have a conceal and carry in a bar. Second, the bar is private property and a person is subject to dismissal at the discretion of the bar owner, hence the bouncers. You are and legally protected on public property. On public property you are subject to verbal exchanges without the fear of getting assaulted.

While I do agree with everything you are saying about his douchbagery, Florida law dictates otherwise.

This is from the facts today. If other facts present themselves I may change my mind.

yes you can ccw in a bar. you are not allowed to consume while ccw.

Florida's stand your ground laws also apply to Trayvon as well, and from what I can see Zimmerman was the aggressor thus making it plausible for Trayvon to stand his ground. like I said as a gun owner it is your responsibility to avoid conflict not invite it. this is not justifiable.

yes you can ccw in a bar. you are not allowed to consume while ccw.

Florida's stand your ground laws also apply to Trayvon as well, and from what I can see Zimmerman was the aggressor thus making it plausible for Trayvon to stand his ground. like I said as a gun owner it is your responsibility to avoid conflict not invite it. this is not justifiable.

Wrong. You will be fine in restaurants that serves, but not by your definition of a bar. If you are at Applebee's you will be fine, just don't sit at the bar.

Again makes my point about the law.

Possession Restrictions

The following is a list of places where you are restricted from carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license. Please note that this is a simplified list. The places marked by an asterisk (*) may have exceptions or additional restrictions. See Section 790.06 (12), Florida Statutes for a complete listing.

any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05

any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station

any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse

any courtroom*

any polling place

any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district

any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof

any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms

any school administration building

any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*

any elementary or secondary school facility

any area technical center

any college or university facility*

inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*

any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Co

Note: The below quote is taken from the 2011 Florida Law Enforcement Handbook

790.01 (4)

Wrong. You will be fine in restaurants that serves, but not by your definition of a bar. If you are at Applebee's you will be fine, just don't sit at the bar.

Again makes my point about the law.

Possession Restrictions

The following is a list of places where you are restricted from carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license. Please note that this is a simplified list. The places marked by an asterisk (*) may have exceptions or additional restrictions. See Section 790.06 (12), Florida Statutes for a complete listing.

any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05

any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station

any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse

any courtroom*

any polling place

any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district

any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof

any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms

any school administration building

any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*

any elementary or secondary school facility

any area technical center

any college or university facility*

inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*

any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Co

Note: The below quote is taken from the 2011 Florida Law Enforcement Handbook

790.01 (4)

I live in Ohio. Ohio has a law in effect that states you can carry in a bar as long as you do not consume alcohol. If I was to go to BW3's with a few friends to watch a game and eat some wings I am able to carry as long as I do not consume alcohol.

However if I go and pick a fight with someone at the bar I am unable to claim self defense when the inevitable fight starts.

the reason why it was put into place is because it put an unreasonable restraint on ccw's because they were basically unable to go to any establishment like red lobster chilis bw3s outback or where-ever to eat.

I think the kid hit him because he was being followed, hit Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk, Zimmerman pulled his gun and shot him. End of story. This is the statement by Zimmerman and a witness who said he saw Zimmerman laying on the ground bleeding and screaming for help. Seems like the kid started the confrontation.

I think the kid hit him because he was being followed, hit Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk, Zimmerman pulled his gun and shot him. End of story. This is the statement by Zimmerman and a witness who said he saw Zimmerman laying on the ground bleeding and screaming for help. Seems like the kid started the confrontation.

Finally, someone solved this case.

Finally, someone solved this case.

Sorry this explanation doesn't meet your expectations of a hate crime. Sometimes shit just happens. This kid is being looked upon as some hero. Even Obama, the President of the United States made a very inappropriate comment that "If I had a son, he would look like him". What the f---k? This kid in my opinion started some shit with this Zimmerman guy, and lost. Happens everyday. Now, lets have the million hoodie march.

just does not fit the rest of that statement.

You are walking home from the store at night. some guy starts following you you try to walk away (fleeing) he continues to pursue you, he catches up to you, (guessing here) he tries to "apprehend" you. how do you react in this situation? I do not know this guy from Adam, I am going to assume one of two things, he is crazy or trying to rob me.

If Zimmerman had done the correct thing and stayed home he would not have killed Trayvon that night. his actions led to the outcome. you as a gun owner do not get into conflicts. they came to you. and because he went off and confronted some kid and scared him he made the rest of the events of that night. he is responsible for what happened.

just does not fit the rest of that statement.

You are walking home from the store at night. some guy starts following you you try to walk away (fleeing) he continues to pursue you, he catches up to you, (guessing here) he tries to "apprehend" you. how do you react in this situation? I do not know this guy from Adam, I am going to assume one of two things, he is crazy or trying to rob me.

If Zimmerman had done the correct thing and stayed home he would not have killed Trayvon that night. his actions led to the outcome. you as a gun owner do not get into conflicts. they came to you. and because he went off and confronted some kid and scared him he made the rest of the events of that night. he is responsible for what happened.

Zimmerman said he was headed back to his car and was not following him. Initially he was following. He stopped after calling 911. The kid knew that Zimmerman had been following him. Proceeded to follow Zimmerman back to his car and assaulted him. This is what Zimmerman said happened. A witness confirms that Zimmerman was assaulted and laying on the ground bleeding.

Zimmerman said he was headed back to his car and was not following him.

Zimmerman is on the 911 call admitting he followed Martin...

So he followed him, never confronted him, and then Martin all of a sudden decides to turn around and catch up to Zimmerman so he can try to kill a much bigger, older man with his fists leaving Zimmerman's only option as to shoot him?

Zimmerman is on the 911 call admitting he followed Martin...

So he followed him, never confronted him, and then Martin all of a sudden decides to turn around and catch up to Zimmerman so he can try to kill a much bigger, older man with his fists leaving Zimmerman's only option as to shoot him?

How do you know he was much bigger? This kid was on the football team. I don't believe that Martin is the goody two shoes everyone is making him out to be. Plus he did hit and knock down Zimmerman.

Zimmerman said he was headed back to his car and was not following him. Initially he was following. He stopped after calling 911. The kid knew that Zimmerman had been following him. Proceeded to follow Zimmerman back to his car and assaulted him. This is what Zimmerman said happened. A witness confirms that Zimmerman was assaulted and laying on the ground bleeding.

he would never tell a lie to make his side of the story seem right now would he. it just does not add up he went after him then stopped? I doubt it.

And I have a distaste for the use of the term hate crimes. just because the motivation may have been racial does not make someone more dead. I am not sure that race did not at least have a secondary cause to the shooting, Zimmerman may have held a prejudice against Blacks, and believed the worst of his intentions. but that in no way makes the kid more dead.

I was wondering how long it'd take the other side to decide that an unarmed kid doing nothing wrong was the aggressor, and the armed wannabe following him around the neighborhood was the victim.

The racial question that resonates so easily with blacks - and many other people - is, "Why was this kid considered suspicious?" Right now, we don't have any evidence that he was doing anything wrong. We also know he was followed by Zimmerman, despite being told not to by officials. We know the kid was shot, despite being unarmed.

Trevon.jpg

Oh, and by the way, this will shock you all, I'm sure, but these "thug" pictures are fake. That's not a picture of Trayvon Martin.

"There is one problem to that claim: the picture is not Trayvon Martin.

Or at the very least, he's not the one who made worldwide headlines after his death. The Facebook page the picture came from appears to belong to a different Trayvon Martin, whereas the image is nowhere to be found on the slain teen's profile.

Street Wise Pundit, a liberal blog, claims the widely circulated "fake" Trayvon Martin picture originated on a white supremacist website."

...A lot of that going on in here lately.

We'll see how long it takes T to acknowledge that he's spread another falsehood. (Answer: never.)

Yes, don't trust the "liberal media." Trust some shit sent to you in a right-wing email chain.

How do you know he was much bigger? This kid was on the football team. I don't believe that Martin is the goody two shoes everyone is making him out to be. Plus he did hit and knock down Zimmerman.

I don't care if Martin was actually casing out the house to rob it Zimmerman lost the ability to claim self defense when he went out of his way to confront him.

This is one of the saddest stories I've ever read.... until I came here.

I cant get over the fact that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after being told by a "real" police officer to stop. How is this not in the equation?

Oh god, look who is back. LMAO.

Martin was a tall, lanky kid. Supposedly he was 6'3" and about 130 pounds.

And none of that matters anyway.

Holy shit that's skinny.

After my first semester of college I lost about 25 pounds and came back around 150 and I was skin and bones. I'm only slightly taller too

The kid keeps being reported as being 13. He wasn't.

He was 16/ or 17. He'd been busted before for dope.

He wasn't just walking home, per the report, he was acting strange..

I imagine he could have been standing around different places, and casing

a house. Or not.

But the assault came after he confronted the shooter, before he knew he had a gun.

As in, he wanted to mug the shooter, who hadn't drawn a gun yet. When he saw the gun,

he went for it to steal that too. It's hard to initiate a physical assualt, and try to take a gun away,

then be considered "just defending yourself".

However, Nunboy is correct. I can't imagine having a ccw, carrying, and following this kid so close

that there could be a confrontation. He wouldn't know I was following him. It's easier to buy some binoculars

than a gun. Hint. But it's very corrupt for ObaMao to be shooting his big, dishonest mouth off every time he can

try to mobilize "his" base of black voters.

BTW, isn't offering a reward for somebody's murder a felony??? Odd, I'll be Holder and Obamao keep

quiet about it some more.

IOW's... Holder and Obamao are condoning the New Black Panther terrorist vigilante murder of the shooter,

before all the facts are in.

IOW's... dirtbags Obamao, Holder and all? Dirty, corrupt racist manipulators wanting permanent power.

And they won't stop at anything... to get it. Apparently, Obamao says that after the election, he can do anything

he wants. We and our America are in very, very serious trouble. Seriously.

this is obama's arab spring amerika style.... so when does the race riots start? amd what city will they be in? we should have a contest and the winner who guesses it right wins a free browns hoody

first we get the republicans hate women and now we have obama dividing the country on trumped up race charges. he is a sicko leader and a pathetic one at that.

Ha ha. I'm wearing a Browns Hoody as I type this.

Something for all of us to consider while we fume over profiling etcetra.

It seems as if every one of us from me to the far right to the far left, was ready to book zimmerman throw away the key. We all seemed ready to do anything just to find something to charge him with him throw him in jail.

Everyone of us assumed there must have been something terribly wrong with what he told the police. And the fact that they released him.

Do any of us now feel even the slightest bit guilty about making this judgement with out knowing anything about the case?

Even if he turns out to be the animal we all suspected at the outset aren't we all guilty of rushing to a blind judgement? Do you suppose we'd have seen this as such a huge injustice had he been black too?

WSS

Archived