THE BROWNS BOARD

Merged Threads Gay Talk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comin from a guy who is sometimes right, sometimes wrong. But I do research, and develop my own opinions,

unlike you - who I think licks Heck's toes and asks him to talk for you.

I hope heck helps you with your engineering....

He isn't saying put it all in one thread.

He's saying in one thread, to put Tupa and his conversation in one thread.

Hence, my objection stands - it's in several threads already.

What better way for them to weasel/avoid admitting that Obamao is a failing, dirty slimeball?

He isn't saying put it all in one thread.

He's saying in one thread, to put Tupa and his conversation in one thread.

Hence, my objection stands - it's in several threads already.

What better way for them to weasel/avoid admitting that Obamao is a failing, dirty slimeball?

Well that's not how it seemed to me, especially since anybody can join in.

Just a good idea to take it out of the budget thread IMO.

WSS

Comin from a guy who is sometimes right, sometimes wrong. But I do research, and develop my own opinions,

unlike you - who I think licks Heck's toes and asks him to talk for you.

I hope heck helps you with your engineering....

Cal you're a moron. I'm not. Don't ever mistake that.

You do research and firm your own opinions? But you do "redearch" on websites that already agree with your opinion...

See the lack of logic there?

Who am I kidding, of course you don't.

your "misunderstanding" is like you don't understand English when you read it, right?

You just got upset that I caught you on it. And emoted in anger.

YOu libs can't help it. It's like bark on a tree, it's always there, the tree can't

get rid of it.

You libs "FEEL" instead of thinking. Knee jerk reaction. Automatic.

Congrats! Ya got me! :wub:

But you do "redearch" on websites that already agree with your opinion...

woodpecker

I research all over the place. If I find valid info that makes me rethink my positions on stuff, I change my opinion.

That's how I've always done it - I test my beliefs with all sorts of information.

And nobody believes that I'm a moron, you lilly livered nitwilly pink fluffy sissy slipper wearing emotional wreck.

Here's some legit proof -

I spell "research" correctly.

You spell "research" like the above: "r-e-d-e-a-r-c-h"

Tell ya what, I'll give you time to find the one letter you foolishly make a mistake on..

LOL.

That's not smart. I think the "moron" is the one looking back at you in the mirror.

I mean, really... you aren't smart enough to use a spell checker?

Can you SPELL "spell checker" (dammit, I helped you right there. But you may not notice.@@)

Really, now?

Are you saying that heckwantstodoajobonBrownie has the ability to

skewer your mind with a mind meld or what?;)

so, woodpecker thinks that perversion is intelligent,

and he's superior.

Meanwhile, most of the rest of us, except for heck -

work for a living.

It's priceless to be a college student and pretend you are smart.

Those days don't last forever. Then college libs like woody

and heck find out they suck.

Heck has a Woody vine up his leg?

Figures.

so that is what Woody and Heck do on friday nights in college.

blech.

Wrongie, woodpecker.

You don't seem smart enough to have any kinid of legit opinion on any subject, with any legit reason for that opinion.

Knee-jerk. Emoting knee-jerk. Really not very smart emoting knee-jerk.

>>If you would, could you start by telling me the parts of the Bible that you believe are instructing your views regarding homosexual acts as sin. I'm not doubting they exist; they surely do. I'm just wondering if some are more important to you than others. Maybe this is a good place to start.

>>

Seems like answers to Heck's question got a little off track.

I have to get back to work and can't spend the time right now to pull out the chapter and verse.

However, I consider a passage in "Paul to The Romans" to be most telling. It's the one I used/use to shape my view.

Maybe somebody can do the digging for this particular passage.

Lol, I think perversion is intelligent, Wtf?

And cal, idc how arrogant this sounds but I'm smarter than you ever were or ever will be. You have life experience on me, and know a lot more about farming. But when it comes to common sense, book smarts, quantitative stuff, Rhee isn't a doubt in my mind.

Let's separate out this conversation into a separate thread, Tupa.

If you would, could you start by telling me the parts of the Bible that you believe are instructing your views regarding homosexual acts as sin. I'm not doubting they exist; they surely do. I'm just wondering if some are more important to you than others. Maybe this is a good place to start.

I'll try the summary version, and we can dig down if there are parts you disagree with/find interesting:

I assume we can all agree that the old testament was pretty harsh on issues of sexuality. It reads to me as clearly reserving sex for marriage and threatening almost everything else with the punishment of a violent death. The New Testament, while changing things somewhat (I don't see Paul calling for anyone to be stoned for premarital sex) continues to take sexual purity seriously. Adultery and lust are explicitly described as sinful, using words that almost everyone agrees on the meaning of today. Listed alongside are things that are more difficult to translate. Traditionally, English Bibles have included the word "homosexuality" in the list, but I'm not sure that's right. There is a good case to be made that Paul is talking about pedophilia or forcible sex, and an even stronger case that he wasnt even considering lesbian sex at all in most places (the "gayest" translation is usually "sodomites"). But he also seems to be consistent in reserving sex for marriage. I would have a hard time finding a sentence that reads, "the only right way to have sex is within heterosexual marriage," but I also dont think there is a strong case that the New Testament holds any other view. Pre-marital and extra-marital appear to be big no-nos.

In short, I think you can read away the explicit condemnation of homosexual sex if you really try, but I dont think one can take the New Testament as a whole and read it to be approving of anything but intra-marital sex, and I dont think there is a serious case to be made that homosexuals can change the situation by getting a piece of paper that says theyre married.

The most glaring thing that I've left out, in my opinion, is OT polygamy. But I'm out of time.

Wrongie, woodpecker.

You don't seem smart enough to have any kinid of legit opinion on any subject, with any legit reason for that opinion.

Knee-jerk. Emoting knee-jerk. Really not very smart emoting knee-jerk.

Yes Cal, any opinion that disagrees with you isn't a real opinion, brilliant.

Wow...

And we should be parsing what Paul said or didn't say about homosexuality 2000 years ago because....?

I don't mean this as snark. I'm just suggesting that Paul was a man, same as you and me. You, I would imagine, think he was visited by Christ, and therefore speaks for him. And this is the breach we come to.

Well, yeah. Arguing why you should even listen to the Bible in the first place isn't going to go anywhere.

I like how the Bible doesn't say anything (according to this post) about being against lesbian sex.

Two guys do it and it's off to hell, but God's totally cool when two chick's get it on, haha.

But I like how you can post something I may not agree with, but do it in a logical way that explains your reasoning well. I don't really know who you are, but sir, this board needs you.

And we should be parsing what Paul said or didn't say about homosexuality 2000 years ago because....?

I don't mean this as snark. I'm just suggesting that Paul was a man, same as you and me. You, I would imagine, think he was visited by Christ, and therefore speaks for him. And this is the breach we come to.

Yeesh, you want to go back to why Christians believe the Bible is God's word? That's quite a digression. Not sure occassional 5 minute windows are going to allow us to make much progress at this rate.

Archived