THE BROWNS BOARD

Merged Threads Gay Talk

Still waiting for one of you chumps to tell me why my sister and her partner...sorry, wife... shouldn't have the same rights to raise her children in a family with the same rights as straight people. Or are you all just talk?Because suddenly y'all are church mouses.

Hey DAve S All my rowdy friends! I am one of your chumps I think, and I answered your post #38 on page 2 with my retort #59 on page # 3!

did you know Hank hates Obama? yes yes and I think that might mean he hates gays too?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think "separate but equal." Same idea here.

They want the same rights, the same title, as everyone else gets. Otherwise known as equality.

I'll ask you the same question I asked someone else, and didn't get an answer to: if you don't mind giving them civil unions with the exact same rights as marriage, why would you have a problem calling it marriage instead? Why create a separate but legally equal institution for gay couples?

Sorry im answering so late.

Simple. I do not put much importance to words. If calling it a 'Marriage' hurts a lot of sentiments of the traditional and conservative people, then fine - Perhaps we should be adjusting enough to call it something else and carry on if equal rights are given. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

ok, so I dragged in another take on the subject.....

When Prager tells it like it is - in a traditional 1 man 1 woman marriage / family unit

A child can benefit from the what they learn exclusively from dad and exclusively from mom.

Sorry, but the new look family is not the way to go... just sayin

bashers get in line

Oh get over yourself tough guy.

I think I've stated before that I have no problem with gay marriage.

It's not the biggest issue in the world for me so if you need a ride to the demonstration Call somebody else.

If your sister and her partner are deeply religious then I'm sure they can find a preacher and some denomination that would be happy to tie the knot.

Then they can go to any attorney and setup what ever legal situations they see fit.

Of course the roots of the traditional marriage have something to do with children and families. Hence the laws written extending special benefits to couples for that reason, among other things. If you want those laws changed to give similar benefits 2 any couple just because you think it's fair, fine with me.

Put it on the ballot and get it changed. I'll vote with you.

So far those ballot initiatives haven't gone on your way. If the polls everyone seems to have seen are correct the next time it comes up for a fruit you should be in luck.

Snarling it everyone probably won't further your cause.

" If you go carrying pictures of Chairman mao You aint gonna make it with anyone anyhow."

WSS

i liked this reply and believe you win the "fair and balanced" award

it has it all really, an angry beginning, a sensible solution to the "sister"

what I liked most is the statement on families and children,

put it on the ballot is their burden.... good point!

and a beatles revolution reference at the end.... ;)

ok, so I dragged in another take on the subject.....

When Prager tells it like it is - in a traditional 1 man 1 woman marriage / family unit

A child can benefit from the what they learn exclusively from dad and exclusively from mom.

Sorry, but the new look family is not the way to go... just sayin

bashers get in line

That's really the best pro-gay debater they could get, a celebrity blogger? lol

The definition of marriage has changed multiple times, not just recently. At first it was just a way to transfer your daughter and cattle to another man.

He keeps saying "little kids will have to be asked when they are 6 will you marry a man or a woman." That's stupid. You don't choose to be gay or straight. The fact that two men can marry won't all of a sudden make more gay guys....

He's right about the eHarmony thing though. A private company should be able to only match men and women if it wants to. Its a private company, it can do whatever it wants.

The fact that gay people can marry won't erode the foundations of marriage and family. I think straight couples are doing that enough right now.

He also said not letting blacks and whites marry was never the value of any religious tradition. I bet if you dig hard enough you can find racism in a lot of religions, lol.

That's really the best pro-gay debater they could get, a celebrity blogger? lol

The definition of marriage has changed multiple times, not just recently. At first it was just a way to transfer your daughter and cattle to another man.

He keeps saying "little kids will have to be asked when they are 6 will you marry a man or a woman." That's stupid. You don't choose to be gay or straight. The fact that two men can marry won't all of a sudden make more gay guys....

He's right about the eHarmony thing though. A private company should be able to only match men and women if it wants to. Its a private company, it can do whatever it wants.

The fact that gay people can marry won't erode the foundations of marriage and family. I think straight couples are doing that enough right now.

He also said not letting blacks and whites marry was never the value of any religious tradition. I bet if you dig hard enough you can find racism in a lot of religions, lol.

ya I know Perez Hilton.. at least not of the militant type! He was the outspoken angry bitch at the miss america contest that one year though! :P

ya I know Perez Hilton.. at least not of the militant type! He was the outspoken angry bitch at the miss america contest that one year though! :P

That's like when Fox News wants to have a "fair" debate about something and to represent the science side they bring in Bill Nye the Science Guy. I love the man, we watched him all the time in school and it really helped make me like science. But come on now, we need actual professors debating the religious guy on Fox News, not a childrens TV star

Steve my man. You seem like my type of guy. So why don't you come walk in my shoes and watch my sister get called names her whole adult life. Watch her lose her job when people find out she's living with her partner. Watch everyone stare at her when she's out with her family in the mall. Then you come back to me with your who gives a shit attitude. I have no idea what you think you're talking about with the church. Its like Brownie says. The church isn't the issue. Not that they'd let her near the church we grew up in anyway. Whats a priest going to do for her? What's a minister going to do for her? Throw a nice party? It doesn't matter an iota. And attorneys? whats an lawyer going to do? make up some laws on his own? What they need is for the legal rights to be the same so she can take care of her kids the same way any other couple would. What she needs is to be able to live in her home state so she can be by her family not in a state she has to move to so she can be legally married which is what she's doing. what she needs is for people to treat her regular like everyone else. And you can poo poo it all you like but when a pres steps up and says that they should for the first time in the history of the country it means something. I know how you are. I used to be the same way. Well come walk in my shoes and you tell me if your not pissed off after a few days. So pardon me if I seem pissed off but watching that happen to your sister will do that to you. you think people choose to catch hell their whole life? you think she wanted that? hell no. so i;ll get over myself if you stop acting like you know what the hell is up because you don't. PS- listened to your music and think its pretty good. You sing well.

Look DaveS, knock off your attitude. None of us is dissing your sister, so stick a cork in it.

Trying to invent this new warped creation of gay "marriage" is bogus. 30 states have now estabiished that marriage

is between a man and a woman.

I don't care about civil unions. Go ahead. Have some sort of official relationship rights etc.

But marriage? Hell no. You equate redefining a historical and biological and cultural and religious creation

of marriage, with harrassment of your sister?

Baloney. It's wrong, wrong, wrong to harrass gays, anybody who is different, be they disabled, or culturally very different.

In the black community, the traditional establishment of man woman marriage has commonly gone by the wayside.

Look at the destruction of family and large segments of black society as a result.

Read up on the dramatic effects of a solid father figure in young girls' lives, and the lack of same, the negative

aspects all too often, as a result. Even children raised by a single parent very much needs parent and mentors

of opposite sexes for well rounded psychological development.

Two sexes is a traditional bond most of the world over for good reason. Scientifically, Take two magnets - NN repels, NS attracts.

You can demand that two Norths stick together, and two Souths stick together, but they don't.

Two sexes exist for a reason - with just one sex, we wouldn't exist. That's a truth right there - it's nature, biological attraction

of one sex to another that is overwhelmingly dominant.

Anyways, civil unions negate gays' needs for something to redefine the dominant, by far dominant, institution called marriage.

So, why the insistence? It's a tearing down of American society. Like getting God out of schools and public buildings.

It goes on and on. It's a vicious attack on American status quo - American culture, American institutions, American society.

Like I have said numerous times - I worked with gays in the past. I knew they were gay, because their close straight friends told me.

Sometimes I was surprised. But those people who were gay, never ever knew I knew. Because I treated them exactly like I treated

everybody else.

But, socially? I would never go to any party of theirs, they weren't friends. Vapor had a friend who cried in church, you have a sister,

sorry about the social stigma - but gay relationships are an anomaly - they exist, but they always will be anomalies. As a minor segment

of the population - harrassment, ridicule etc - is atrocious. Let people be who they are and those bullies and all need to get their own warped

noses out of other peoples' lives and business.

That goes for gays, too. They need to stop harrassing American institutions of marriage, and schools, and corporations, and stop bullying

American straight society into making them accepted as the norm. Never will be the norm. And American society in thirty states have said so.

Gays need to immediately understand that American families have a freakin RIGHT to teach their children about real marriage, etc.

Leftists/gays have NO RIGHTS to destroy and overrule the rights of the rest of American families.

Think about it.

If some state declares differently - that is that states' business. But the tyranny - the intimidation/bullying/belligerence of the vast majority of AMERICANs by special interest leftist minorities needs to stop.

Just when I thought you were making an honest point a few times there, you came back and messed it up, lol.

So you think by just allowing gays to get married, traditional marriage will completely crumble and the fabric of society and family will fall apart? I'm sure if we could go back in time to all the other times something about marriage was changed we'd see a similar view by one side.

That's like when Fox News wants to have a "fair" debate about something and to represent the science side they bring in Bill Nye the Science Guy. I love the man, we watched him all the time in school and it really helped make me like science. But come on now, we need actual professors debating the religious guy on Fox News, not a childrens TV star

I thought it was CNN and Larry King? FOX? BILL NYE? CHILDRENS STAR? no, if all they can get is Perez Hilton an avowed gay spokesperson, then so be it. Dennis Prager made the point - case closed..... who needs professors?

If you still havent understood why it (gay marriage) is illegal after reading all of this stuff, the point / counterpoint aspect of these threads, then I would say that you are more interested in dividing and hating on the religious in this country.

to which I say is your right. But dont fail to recognize we have rights too. And I might add, with the recent activities - woke up a HUGE sleeping giant! Everything cal wrote just above this post is totally right. literally. You agree about or want legal

marriages? go ahead and lobby for it. Its your right too. Funny, the LGBT agenda is sooooo close to having what they want politically, and found out that the president and his ilk are using this issue to sidestep what EVERYONE in this country

wants....a guy who can get the fiscal mess in order... not this gay stuff... haha

Steve my man. You seem like my type of guy. So why don't you come walk in my shoes and watch my sister get called names her whole adult life. Watch her lose her job when people find out she's living with her partner. Watch everyone stare at her when she's out with her family in the mall. Then you come back to me with your who gives a shit attitude. I have no idea what you think you're talking about with the church. Its like Brownie says. The church isn't the issue. Not that they'd let her near the church we grew up in anyway. Whats a priest going to do for her? What's a minister going to do for her? Throw a nice party? It doesn't matter an iota. And attorneys? whats an lawyer going to do? make up some laws on his own? What they need is for the legal rights to be the same so she can take care of her kids the same way any other couple would. What she needs is to be able to live in her home state so she can be by her family not in a state she has to move to so she can be legally married which is what she's doing. what she needs is for people to treat her regular like everyone else. And you can poo poo it all you like but when a pres steps up and says that they should for the first time in the history of the country it means something. I know how you are. I used to be the same way. Well come walk in my shoes and you tell me if your not pissed off after a few days. So pardon me if I seem pissed off but watching that happen to your sister will do that to you. you think people choose to catch hell their whole life? you think she wanted that? hell no. so i;ll get over myself if you stop acting like you know what the hell is up because you don't. PS- listened to your music and think its pretty good. You sing well.

I think he's hitting on WSS.:rolleyes:

Look DaveS, knock off your attitude. None of us is dissing your sister, so stick a cork in it.

Trying to invent this new warped creation of gay "marriage" is bogus. 30 states have now estabiished that marriage

I don't care about civil unions. Go ahead. Have some sort of official relationship rights etc.

But marriage? Hell no. You equate redefining a historical and biological and cultural and religious creation

Baloney. It's wrong, wrong, wrong to harrass gays, anybody who is different, be they disabled, or culturally very different.

In the black community, the traditional establishment of man woman marriage has commonly gone by the wayside.

Look at the destruction of family and large segments of black society as a result.

Read up on the dramatic effects of a solid father figure in young girls' lives, and the lack of same, the negative

aspects all too often, as a result. Even children raised by a single parent very much needs parent and mentors

Two sexes is a traditional bond most of the world over for good reason. Scientifically, Take two magnets - NN repels, NS attracts.

You can demand that two Norths stick together, and two Souths stick together, but they don't.

Two sexes exist for a reason - with just one sex, we wouldn't exist. That's a truth right there - it's nature, biological attraction

Anyways, civil unions negate gays' needs for something to redefine the dominant, by far dominant, institution called marriage.

So, why the insistence? It's a tearing down of American society. Like getting God out of schools and public buildings.

It goes on and on. It's a vicious attack on American status quo - American culture, American institutions, American society.

Like I have said numerous times - I worked with gays in the past. I knew they were gay, because their close straight friends told me.

Sometimes I was surprised. But those people who were gay, never ever knew I knew. Because I treated them exactly like I treated

everybody else.

But, socially? I would never go to any party of theirs, they weren't friends. Vapor had a friend who cried in church, you have a sister,

sorry about the social stigma - but gay relationships are an anomaly - they exist, but they always will be anomalies. As a minor segment

of the population - harrassment, ridicule etc - is atrocious. Let people be who they are and those bullies and all need to get their own warped

That goes for gays, too. They need to stop harrassing American institutions of marriage, and schools, and corporations, and stop bullying

American straight society into making them accepted as the norm. Never will be the norm. And American society in thirty states have said so.

Gays need to immediately understand that American families have a freakin RIGHT to teach their children about real marriage, etc.

Leftists/gays have NO RIGHTS to destroy and overrule the rights of the rest of American families.

Think about it.

If some state declares differently - that is that states' business. But the tyranny - the intimidation/bullying/belligerence of the vast majority of AMERICANs by special interest leftist minorities needs to stop.

very well said

Frankly Dave your snapping at the wrong guy.

If your sister is shunned in public fired from her job attacked called bad names etcetra I can't help you. As I said I was in favor of gay marriage years before the empty suit decided it would be a profitable campaign stunt.

And you can bet your ass they planned it out for maximum return. If his focus group thought he'd get more money and power the asshole would probably come out in favor of burning them at the stake.

But again vote for whoever you want.

Also I don't know where you live and work but it sounds like a pretty hostile environment to me. But everybody hates somebody and I don't know if you can legislate that away.

But as I said, you have my vote so maybe you should go attack someone else.

And thanks for the props on the music, that's a pretty random mix.

WSS

everybody else.

Think about it.

OUTSTANDING POST.

I thought it was CNN and Larry King? FOX? BILL NYE? CHILDRENS STAR? no, if all they can get is Perez Hilton an avowed gay spokesperson, then so be it. Dennis Prager made the point - case closed..... who needs professors?

If you still havent understood why it (gay marriage) is illegal after reading all of this stuff, the point / counterpoint aspect of these threads, then I would say that you are more interested in dividing and hating on the religious in this country.

to which I say is your right. But dont fail to recognize we have rights too. And I might add, with the recent activities - woke up a HUGE sleeping giant! Everything cal wrote just above this post is totally right. literally. You agree about or want legal

marriages? go ahead and lobby for it. Its your right too. Funny, the LGBT agenda is sooooo close to having what they want politically, and found out that the president and his ilk are using this issue to sidestep what EVERYONE in this country

wants....a guy who can get the fiscal mess in order... not this gay stuff... haha

You think points and counterpoints have been made by your side in this thread? LOL ok. It's more like pages of us trying to get answer and then it's something about "if gay people get married, straight marriages will cease to exists and no one will procreate".... and other legitimate reasons like that

I am a resident here and didn't vote, because I could care less. This begs the question again, the religious folk in this country that are against gay marriage, in their view aren't they going to hell anyways? So what is the big deal? Let God do their dirty work for them, get over it.

I am a resident here and didn't vote, because I could care less. This begs the question again, the religious folk in this country that are against gay marriage, in their view aren't they going to hell anyways? So what is the big deal? Let God do their dirty work for them, get over it.

You raise an excellent point, IMHO.

In Paul to the Romans, homosexuality - among a host of other 'activities' is explicitly called out as sin.

The wages of sin is death (in a spiritual sense).

I challenge myself oftentimes to the notion of allowing these folks meet their Maker.

Same with 'Choice advocates and practitioners'.

In terms of this referendum, I couldn't care less. This isn't a 'to the mat' issue for me.

You raise an excellent point, IMHO.

In Paul to the Romans, homosexuality - among a host of other 'activities' is explicitly called out as sin.

The wages of sin is death (in a spiritual sense).

I challenge myself oftentimes to the notion of allowing these folks meet their Maker.

Same with 'Choice advocates and practitioners'.

In terms of this referendum, I couldn't care less. This isn't a 'to the mat' issue for me.

Exactly. In the people eyes who thinks it's a sin sure they are going to go to hell anyways. I am not a Christian (and actually think the stories in the bible are all bullshit but cool at the same time) but do believe in God. If the people who voted this down really thought about it, they know they are going to hell anyways, who gives a shit. Move on and in the words of Ted Theodore Logan, "Be excellent to each other".

Oh, I don't think gays go to hell unless they do the same shit straight assholes do like murder, rape, etc.

Exactly. In the people eyes who thinks it's a sin sure they are going to go to hell anyways. I am not a Christian (and actually think the stories in the bible are all bullshit but cool at the same time) but do believe in God. If the people who voted this down really thought about it, they know they are going to hell anyways, who gives a shit. Move on and in the words of Ted Theodore Logan, "Be excellent to each other".

Oh, I don't think gays go to hell unless they do the same shit straight assholes do like murder, rape, etc.

The only thing that happened here was that the state of NC passed a law and then wanted to insure that a radical judge would not throw it out so they took it to the voters to decide. Meanwhile the gay rights activists are having a hissy fit over this issue and Obama is bumbling along to try and grab some votes.

I will laugh if the DNC pulls their National convention from Charlotte. They may use this as a excuse seeing they cannot pay for it anyways.

so it's equally profound that the argument wouldn't be the same....

WSS

Except that the arguments were the same...

166953_301779676514763_122256581133741_1248853_222008036_n.jpg

They're hollow and there is ZERO evidence that the sanctity of anything will be destroyed. If people really cared about the sanctity of marriage, the right would be all over divorce. Except they're not because they have great white beacons of righteousness to look up to... like Newt. The people making these arguments simply think that gays should not have the same rights as straights, so now they say these things because the word "faggot" became politically incorrect.

Archived