THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns To Interview

why cant we win

I like it^

Agreed 100%. I can't stand the obnoxious celebrations. It's your friggin' job to catch balls and make tackles. You don't have act like you just won the publishers clearing house sweepstakes on everything. Now, being a competitor myself, I understand what it feels like when your making the big play or your score that winning TD. Celebrate, but make it appropriate. Thuggish, playground antics for everything are just inappropriate.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting tidbit about Trestman on wiki:

According to Trestman's website, "Marc has been one of the most trusted and respected QB coaches in the game. Which is why every off-season, the top NFL draft prospects call on Marc to work them out in preparation for the their Pro Day and the NFL Combine".

Some of the QBs who have been trained by Trestman include: Brandon Weeden (1st round pick by the Cleveland Browns), Brock Osweiler (2nd round pick by the Denver Broncos), Tim Tebow (1st round pick by the Denver Broncos), Jimmy Clausen (2nd round pick by the Carolina Panthers), Jay Cutler (1st round pick by the Denver Broncos) and Jason Campbell (1st round pick by the Washington Redskins).[2]

Another interesting tidbit: If the Browns hire him ... I was the first to call it.

Ya dicknuts.

Zombo

I dont like this hire if it does happen, great Qb coaches rarely translate to great head coaches as of recently. Jim Zorn comes to mind as one. We had two former QB coaches running our offense this season. I want a DC or OC or a coach with head coaching experience. My choice would be Lovie Smith you cant deny the guys defenses and we already run a 4-3 so no need for personnel change. However, what Lovie would need is a very strong offensive minded OC that is very talented to run the offense. But as far as whats out there Smith would be my choice and as far as i know we're not even interviewing him. Hell Smith wouldn't even be available had GB been able to do what they did this weekend! I dont know why there aren't more teams clamoring for his services, he's a proven commodity with an 81-63 ovr record, a 3-3 postseason record with a super bowl appearance. Browns need to show interest.

P.S. after reading Trestman's credentials it looks as though he's better suited for an OC position or a QB coach position. Just cause he's doing it in the Canadian football league doesn't mean he can do it in the biggest stage on the planet. Things are a bit different in the NFL. You guys are really barking up the wrong tree with this fellow. JMHO..

Browns interviewing Bengals DC Mike Zimmer.

Some candidates are obviously considered "too good" for the Browns to interview. I'm impressed that Haslam and Banner are aiming low with this search.

I really like Mike Zimmer. I could get on board with this!

What I like best about Jimmy's first hire is the depth at which he's looking. No three candidates, with 1 being the NFL mandatory minority candidate, and boom, a hire. He is looking everywhere and I like it..............Just got to hope it pays off.

Browns interviewing Bengals DC Mike Zimmer.

Some candidates are obviously considered "too good" for the Browns to interview. I'm impressed that Haslam and Banner are aiming low with this search.

What's wrong with Zimmer?

Lots of respect in the league.

Zombo

What's wrong with Zimmer?Lots of respect in the league.Zombo

Because for some fans, if it isn't Gruden, Cowher or Don Shula, then the coach must suck.

Because for some fans, if it isn't Gruden, Cowher or Don Shula, then the coach must suck.

We don't have any chance at Cowher or Gruden, nor do I want them. The problem I have with Zimmer is that he is a DC. It's no secret our offense has been atrocious the past few years, I was hoping for someone who brings some excitement to the game.

I really like Mike Zimmer. I could get on board with this!

I like Zimmer too, he's a no nonsense kinda guy and from what ive always heard his players respect him and play hard for him. IMO hes not just some nobody who cant hold his water. Definitely is somebody who is worth taking a look at.

Per Mary Kay's tweet browns to also interview panthers/ former browns OC Rob Chudzinski

Cool I like Chud.

I bet Chip Kelly couldn't make a Pro Bowler out of Derek Anderson.

Chud did.

Zombo

I dont like this hire if it does happen, great Qb coaches rarely translate to great head coaches as of recently. Jim Zorn comes to mind as one. We had two former QB coaches running our offense this season. I want a DC or OC or a coach with head coaching experience. My choice would be Lovie Smith you cant deny the guys defenses and we already run a 4-3 so no need for personnel change. However, what Lovie would need is a very strong offensive minded OC that is very talented to run the offense. But as far as whats out there Smith would be my choice and as far as i know we're not even interviewing him. Hell Smith wouldn't even be available had GB been able to do what they did this weekend! I dont know why there aren't more teams clamoring for his services, he's a proven commodity with an 81-63 ovr record, a 3-3 postseason record with a super bowl appearance. Browns need to show interest.

P.S. after reading Trestman's credentials it looks as though he's better suited for an OC position or a QB coach position. Just cause he's doing it in the Canadian football league doesn't mean he can do it in the biggest stage on the planet. Things are a bit different in the NFL. You guys are really barking up the wrong tree with this fellow. JMHO..

A few thoughts- as was pointed out- Bud Grant coached in the CFL for 10 years before he got his chance with the Vikings. So yes, Trestman DOES have HC experience.

Should they bring in a defensive minded HC like Zimmer or Smith, no reason to not bring in a top OC. as you said Trestman, or even Norv Turner would fill the bill there.

It's also obvious Haslam & Banner would like to get this done sooner, rather than later. They've been steering clear interviewing top candidates (McDaniels, McCoy) whose teams have a chance of making a deep run into the playoffs. Don't want to wait around until after the Super Bowl to hire someone.

She's tweeted how many names now? Eventually she will get it right I guess.

I don't bother with Twitter for exactly this reason. Too much unfounded rumor mongering with zero sources to back it up.

IMHO, you don't need to be first, you just need to be right.

She's tweeted how many names now? Eventually she will get it right I guess.

What really started bothering me was when she started saying "might." The Browns might consider Saban, might consider Gruden, might consider whoever. Really she could say the Browns might consider any coach on the planet, doesn't mean they actually will.

..http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-browns-interviewing-rob-182826348--nfl.html

AP Source: Browns interviewing Rob Chudzinski

By TOM WITHERS (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press – 45 minutes ago...

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Rob Chudzinski might get a third shot at coaching the Browns. Maybe this time as the head man.

A person familiar with the meeting says Chudzinski, Carolina's offensive coordinator the past two seasons, is interviewing Wednesday with the Browns. Chudzinski had two previous stints as an assistant with Cleveland, the team he rooted for as a kid.

Chudzinski is visiting the team's facility in Berea, said the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the teams are not confirming any interviews. Chudzinski's interview comes one day after the Browns met with another former assistant, Marc Trestman, currently coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes.

The Plain Dealer first reported Chudzinski's interview.

The 44-year-old Chudzinski has spent the past two seasons with the Panthers working with quarterback Cam Newton. Carolina finished fifth in total offense in 2011 and 12th last season under Chudzinski. He was Cleveland's tight ends coach in 2004, but was fired along with the rest of Butch Davis' staff. He returned to the club in 2007 as the offensive coordinator for Romeo Crennel.

Last year, Chudzinski interviewed for head coaching jobs with St. Louis, Jacksonville and Tampa Bay.

Chudzinski's connections with the Browns run deep.

He grew up in Toldeo, Ohio, pulling for the Browns and he was thrilled to be part of Davis' staff. After he left Cleveland the first time, he spent two seasons as San Diego's tight ends coach, working with perennial Pro Bowl standout Antonio Gates, before he was hired by Crennel in 2007.

That year, the Browns won 10 games - their most wins since 1999 - and had four players make the Pro Bowl. However, 2008 didn't go nearly as well as injuries and a six-game losing streak to close the season resulted in a 4-12 record and the firing of Crennel.

Chudzinski went back to the Chargers for two more seasons before he was hired in Carolina.

After meeting with Chudzinski, the Browns are expected to interview Indianapolis offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. The Colts have granted the Browns permission to speak with Arians, who has been hospitalized twice in recent days with an inner ear infection.

Arians fell ill on Sunday and had to miss the Colts' playoff loss to Baltimore.

Arians also has ties to the Browns, serving as their offensive coordinator from 2001-03.

FOX Sports reported the team will interview Cincinnati defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, the first known defensive coach to meet with the Browns.

Owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner are in Week 2 of their search to find a ''strong leader'' to take over the Browns, who went 5-11 this season.

---

Honestly the encouraging thing to me is that they're taking their time and interviewing a broad base of candidates. I mean why would you not? They clearly wanted Chip and it didn't pan out. There's nothing wrong with reaching a wider breadth of guys as long as you don't miss out on the one you want.

Rob C. Hometown guy that went to St. Johns H.S. right here in Toledo. Some interesting choices will be made here soon. Hopefully. Wouldn't mind seeing Zimmer or Trestman as a coach, with Chud as a OC. And wouldn't complain about any of them being our next HC. Seeing Chud as a HC coach would be pretty cool.

I miss Chud.

Also, while looking for stuff we said about Chud when he was here the last time, I stumbled across this gem of a thread.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2499&st=0&p=35044&hl=chudzinski&fromsearch=1entry35044

It's just weird seeing us talk about Delhomme as a Panther and the theory that Carolina might be taking a young QB.

I bet Chudzinsky would love to get away from ole cammy special newton.....

if anything good gets through the gifted QB's head, it'll probably be from what he learned from

Chudzinsky, if not, an old fashioned beat down from Ron Rivera would do the trick.

Rob C. Hometown guy that went to St. Johns H.S. right here in Toledo. Some interesting choices will be made here soon. Hopefully. Wouldn't mind seeing Zimmer or Trestman as a coach, with Chud as a OC. And wouldn't complain about any of them being our next HC. Seeing Chud as a HC coach would be pretty cool.

Browns to interview Ghoolie for vacant HC position. Qualifications, knows more about football than any current HC or GM in the NFL. Outside the box contrarian thinker. Excellent at playing the Browns fight song on his accordion to get the team fired up before the game.

Disapointed he didn't get the Emcee gig to replace Gene Carroll on "Polka Varieties".

But seriously folks, we can't bring Zimmer here just as a DC- that's considered a lateral move. Has to be a promotion to say at least assistant HC.

Mary Kay has reported the Browns have interviewed "an unidentified candidate"...

...thanks Mary Kay, that helps a lot!

Probably a college coach that doesn't want the public to know.

Or maybe Jerry Sandusky ... he's kinda shy on the media.

Zombo

Archived