THE BROWNS BOARD

I Love Uniform Talk

tampadawgs

Zombo can bitch all he wants, the jerseys will be changed in two years. Sorry, Charlie.

I'm not against uniform change. I just think it's gay to talk about it all the time.

Zombo

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you blind period?

Read under the last picture, obviously they would change the dark grey to brown.

man that's the darkest gray i've ever seen. if you were to do a cmyk mix of that 'gray' it would be

o% cyan

0% magenta

0% yellow

97% black

i guess it didn't help the true color with the way they did the photo shoot. oooooooh. scary.

HA!

• 2 months later...

The browns have tried every concievable thing to be a winner and have failed miserably...but they forgot one thing... change those uniforms!

I did a bit of research and found that these teams have had varied degrees of success after their respective uni changes:

The Patriots history of mediocrity turned around when they drastically changed there uni's in 1996...since the uni change they have won 3 Super Bowls and appeared in 5.

The Broncos, pathetic losers of 4 Super Bowls in their old orange and blue...but after a drastic uni change in 1997, they took home 2 Lombardis in 1997 and 1998.

In 2005, after decades if sucktitude, the Arizona Cardinals introduced a their first uniform change in 100yrs.

Three years later they played in their first Super Bowl.

The Tampa Bay Bucs have sucked since day 1 of their existence. In 1997 they had undergone a major uni change and won a Super Bowl in 2003.

The Bungles..appeared in 2 Super Bowls in the 80's after completely changing their unis and adding those silly tiger stripes.

The Seahawks. After a drastic uni change in 2002, they appeared in their first Super Bowl in 2005 and have been a solid team ever since.

The Falcons, another franchise that seems to have sucked forever changed their uniforms drastically in 1997. They appeared in their first Super Bowl in 1998 and have been a respectable franchise ever since.

Then of course the Steelers. After 40yrs. of suck, changed their uni's in the early 70's and have become the most successful NFL franchise ever since.

Honorable mention goes to the Ravens and Titans...Modell let Cleveland keep those sucky colors and he wins a Super Bowl in purple. You keep those unis and you still suck.

The Titans...another team that shed its uniforms and name after moving to Tennessee, and finally appeared in a Super Bowl.

The Rams maybe? Although they finally won their first Super Bowl in their old uniforms, their change came in the following year in 2001. That would mean that the new design had been in process during their Super Bowl year in 2000. Does that count?

The Raiders, Jets, and especially the Browns need major uni changes.

Email this to Haslam, Banner, Rizzo, Brinda, that buffoon Trivasano, Obama....make Brownie nation aware!!!

Eh, forget Obama, he'd end up fucking it up for you somehow.

The browns have tried every concievable thing to be a winner and have failed miserably...but they forgot one thing... change those uniforms!

I did a bit of research and found that these teams have had varied degrees of success after their respective uni changes:

The Patriots history of mediocrity turned around when they drastically changed there uni's in 1996...since the uni change they have won 3 Super Bowls and appeared in 5.

The Broncos, pathetic losers of 4 Super Bowls in their old orange and blue...but after a drastic uni change in 1997, they took home 2 Lombardis in 1997 and 1998.

In 2005, after decades if sucktitude, the Arizona Cardinals introduced a their first uniform change in 100yrs.

The Tampa Bay Bucs have sucked since day 1 of their existence. In 1997 they had undergone a major uni change and won a Super Bowl in 2003.

The Bungles..appeared in 2 Super Bowls in the 80's after completely changing their unis and adding those silly tiger stripes.

The Seahawks. After a drastic uni change in 2002, they appeared in their first Super Bowl in 2005 and have been a solid team ever since.

The Falcons, another franchise that seems to have sucked forever changed their uniforms drastically in 1997. They appeared in their first Super Bowl in 1998 and have been a respectable franchise ever since.

Then of course the Steelers. After 40yrs. of suck, changed their uni's in the early 70's and have become the most successful NFL franchise ever since.

Honorable mention goes to the Ravens and Titans...Modell let Cleveland keep those sucky colors and he wins a Super Bowl in purple. You keep those unis and you still suck.

The Titans...another team that shed its uniforms and name after moving to Tennessee, and finally appeared in a Super Bowl.

The Rams maybe? Although they finally won their first Super Bowl in their old uniforms, their change came in the following year in 2001. That would mean that the new design had been in process during their Super Bowl year in 2000. Does that count?

Email this to Haslam, Banner, Rizzo, Brinda, that buffoon Trivasano, Obama....make Brownie nation aware!!!

Eh, forget Obama, he'd end up fucking it up for you somehow.

i've learned over the past 2 days that stewy is either a steelers, ratbird or titan troll that his whole reason of being here (on earth) is to nitpick and join into a group just to poison them slowly.

hell, i've got new found respect for tampadawgs as seeing you are the one real fucking DOLT to ever open his mouth on this board.

just move along to another nation who will greet you with open arms as you spread your seed of doom and gloom.

GO FUCK YOURSELF!!

Yeah, the unis did that, had nothing to do with Brady and Belichick.

And then went back to sucking for a few years- that Josh McDaniels- man what a GREAT coach.

And then drafted one slot behing the sucky Browns this year look it up.

And haven't had a winning season in three out of the last four years

And have had exactly 4 winning seasons since 1991- they REALLY have generaly sucked in the Bowling ball helmets.

Thanks for sharing your .02 hate to tell you it's great players that make a team great, not the unis.

How about them Tribe!!!!!!! Fucking love it, the haters on this board said they would be done and they are only a game back!!!!! I only hope that the City is just as jacked about the Tribe as I am, I am sure they are by looking at the amount of people going to the games right now. Downtown Cleveland will be a mad house today with the Browns and Tribe having homes games both at 1 pm

How about them Tribe!!!!!!! Fucking love it, the haters on this board said they would be done and they are only a game back!!!!! I only hope that the City is just as jacked about the Tribe as I am, I am sure they are by looking at the amount of people going to the games right now. Downtown Cleveland will be a mad house today with the Browns and Tribe having homes games both at 1 pm

21,000 last night and only 16,000 Friday night. The city is not jacked at all. All anyone is talking about is the Browns

After that Shit performance by the Browns, Maybe they should start talking Tribe.......Hey at least we didn't lose to the Jets

I actually watched 3 innings of the Tribe game Saturday night while I was in town- then I fell asleep I was so excited. Yes, if they mange to play good ball into October, they have a legit shot to make the playoffs. That's when enthusiasm will pick up.

WHy is it other coaches and regimes come through Cleveland ththave won previously elsewhere but can't replicate it in Cleveland? I'll tell you. It's the uniforms. The are dull, boring and uninteresting. If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better.

Time for an upgrade.

If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better.

I hope you are not serious about professional football players playing better because they like their uniforms more.

Zombo

I'm hoping to see more of a orange and white premise with limited brown. I realize we're the browns and all, but come on. Most of these young black guys can pull off wearing an Orange suit so do it up. Make a flashy change. The browns national image has to change or we'll always get stiffed on the big free agent and players will continue to consider the browns lowly and be unmotivated to play here. We'll never change the image if they insist on wearing a poop suit forever. I like the poop suit but it looks like a poop suit. Sorry, I don't want you guys to cry, but it does. We're not green bay. Green bay has been champion twice since I've been alive. At 33 I'm older than most NFL players. So, in essence, nobody playing in the NFL is old enough to remember, nor do they care about, the browns championship teams, and the only tradition anyone associates with the browns is a tradition of losing. We're going to have to try to re-invent the team rather than resting on tradition. A good first step would be to ditch the old school uniform that everyone associates with a perennial losing football team, and move into the new century. Listen to the players on this one and not someone old enough to actually remember 1964 clearly.

Im a old school brownie that goes way back beyond your young 33 years and Ill leave it at that. Im big on tradition and loyalty, I would not mind some updating on our uniforms and like some of the ideas that our shown in this thread. But like all die hard fans a fact of life is the helmet is never to be messed with. So do your fashion statement, mix and match etc. as long as we all understand leave the helmet alone...

If I were making as much as they are, I could give a fuck less.

Thats were I think you are wrong, it does not matter how much money they make. For Example: I make really good money, is it NFL money Hell No!!! But the better I look the better I feel I play ( At work) These are kids playing in the NFL (21yrs old - 33yrs old) They want these types of things. Do you think Trich, Gorden, Little, Haden. Ward, Talyor Etc, Etc...Give a shit about the Browns 40 yrs ago. Hell NO, Just like I dont give a shit about the person who had my spot did in the past. Sorry, but the Uniform thing believe it or not is a big deal. You dont think when Haslem came out and said next yr we will have new Uniform the players did not get pumped up about it. Come on Man

Im a old school brownie that goes way back beyond your young 33 years and Ill leave it at that. Im big on tradition and loyalty, I would not mind some updating on our uniforms and like some of the ideas that our shown in this thread. But like all die hard fans a fact of life is the helmet is never to be messed with. So do your fashion statement, mix and match etc. as long as we all understand leave the helmet alone...

This! We can tweak the uniform, and update it a bit, but don't f*** with the helmet!

Thats were I think you are wrong, it does not matter how much money they make. For Example: I make really good money, is it NFL money Hell No!!! But the better I look the better I feel I play ( At work) These are kids playing in the NFL (21yrs old - 33yrs old) They want these types of things. Do you think Trich, Gorden, Little, Haden. Ward, Talyor Etc, Etc...Give a shit about the Browns 40 yrs ago. Hell NO, Just like I dont give a shit about the person who had my spot did in the past. Sorry, but the Uniform thing believe it or not is a big deal. You dont think when Haslem came out and said next yr we will have new Uniform the players did not get pumped up about it. Come on Man

The Cleveland Browns have been a part of Cleveland longer than those players have been alive. If they don't like the tradition that comes with being part of it, then they can go play somewhere else! As I've said above, I'm good with minor tweaks to the uniform, but leave the helmet alone, and logoless!

This! We can tweak the uniform, and update it a bit, but don't f*** with the helmet!

The Cleveland Browns have been a part of Cleveland longer than those players have been alive. If they don't like the tradition that comes with being part of it, then they can go play somewhere else! As I've said above, I'm good with minor tweaks to the uniform, but leave the helmet alone, and logoless!

And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

that's just laughable.

so you are disregarding the fact that these 'kids' (most of them...except some QBs) are considered to be grown men now and act and play like professionals (because they sure are getting paid as professionals)?

the reason we continue to be 5-11 every year is not because of some out-dated uniform. it's because our FO can't put together a winning squad and even if they did our coaches can't get them to play at that next level, which means give it your all on every play until the clock reaches zero.

it's not because we thickened a stripe our added a glimmer effect to the pants or whatever you fashion runway fags want to do with it. jags have a pretty nice looking uni (for fags) and they are really lighting it up, huh?

Pittsburgh hasn't deviated from their tradition, and has done it! Green Bay hasn't deviated from their tradition has done it! Their uniforms aren't exactly stylish, nor are their cities exactly sexy locations either! So quite frankly I don't give a shit about what these whiny ass overpaid primadonnas want! There are just some things where you just don't screw with tradition! And we as fans didn't fight for the the name, history, and colors just to go ahead and change everything!

Archived