THE BROWNS BOARD

I Love Uniform Talk

tampadawgs

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen, I don't care if they want to switch up the unis a bit. But not because its going to make the players feel better and therefore perform better.

That's just fucking stupid.

Once they are on the field, their career is on line every week, you've got coaches barking at you, and you'll get hammered if you aren't 100% invested. No one is thinking about the uniform at that point. No one.

Z

Find me a quote from a professional football player that says he plays better in a more stylish uniform.

You won't ... But if you did, I would call bullshit on it because once the bullets start flying you don't even remember how you "felt" before the game.

Its a fucking war out there.

You know what makes football teams play better?

Good quarterbacks.

Teams with good quarterbacks usually win, teams with bad quarterbacks usually lose.

Then comes coaching.

And blocking and tackling.

Speed, route running and executing schemes.

Catching the fucking football.

Not one game was won by a fucking uniform stripe ever.

You guys are fucking idiots.

Z

Saying flashy uniforms recruit high school kids is a big fucking leap from saying that they make NFL players play better, Chachi.

Zombo

--do you know what recruits in the NFL? coaching staff and ... A good fucking QB. Jaguars have great colors ... do you think free agents are lining up to spend their career with Blaine Gabbert?

This is amazing how long this thread is that I started about a yr ago......You all now how I feel about the Uniforms. The tradition things just needs to go away, there is no tradition but losing in Cleveland!!!!!!!

We have had 8 winning seasons in the last 33 years!!!!! 4 winning season in the last 23 yrs!!!!!!

How about we stop talking tradition, because our tradition sucks!!!!!

This is amazing how long this thread is that I started about a yr ago......You all now how I feel about the Uniforms. The tradition things just needs to go away, there is no tradition but losing in Cleveland!!!!!!!

We have had 8 winning seasons in the last 33 years!!!!! 4 winning season in the last 23 yrs!!!!!!

Sigh.

Zombo

--17 fucking exclamation points to express his passion for fashion. God save us all.

WHy is it other coaches and regimes come through Cleveland ththave won previously elsewhere but can't replicate it in Cleveland? I'll tell you. It's the uniforms. The are dull, boring and uninteresting. If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better.

Time for an upgrade.

That's just FUCKING STUPID.....DERRRRR...... yeah change the uniforms and everyone turns into pro bowlers...... IDIOT

Find me a quote from a professional football player that says he plays better in a more stylish uniform.

You won't ... But if you did, I would call bullshit on it because once the bullets start flying you don't even remember how you "felt" before the game.

Good quarterbacks.

Teams with good quarterbacks usually win, teams with bad quarterbacks usually lose.

Then comes coaching.

Z

Exactly.... when I read all this jibberish about uni's, the FIRST THING that pops into my mind is, these guys have never ever played football. Because its just as you say, its a WAR, competition, not a freakin' fashion show. This is football and any player that's worth a damn knows this. AND quite frankly if there was any players who were more concerned about looking better than the other guy opposed to doing their job and kicking the other guys ass, I would want them off of my team ASAP.

Ahh, this is incorrect... sure its been a rough road since the return, but our tradition does not suck! Do you think steeler fans say their tradition sucks? I don't know exactly what their records have been each year, but I'm almost positive that they were mediocre or bad for a few decades or so. Just like a lot of other NFL teams, I'm sure damn near every franchise has had their dark days. We all feel your pain. Its not easy to be so emotionally wrapped up in a team you love and have to watch them fail. Cleveland Browns football teams have had some glory years, we all want to get back to that asap and I have to believe we will. Just hang in there and when we do get back to the top, it will be just THAT MUCH SWEETER!!

Sorry buccko- too bad you weren't around in the 40s-50s when the Browns did not suck. If then was now, ESPN would have declared Otto Graham able to walk on water and raise the dead for playing in 10 straight Super Bowls, winning seven of them.

So care to explain how changing the uniforms is going to change the tradition of losing? Tampa Bay's Extreme Makeover lasted a year or two, and it was right back into the dumpster. How about finding the next Peyton Manning and Reggie White instead to put inside those drab old dated uniforms?

Good quarterbacks.

Then comes coaching.

Z

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=7881

I don't think anybody thinks the uniform will cause them to play better. Sticking by this arguement makes you short sighted. I already gave you several other reasons why is want to see the uniform changed.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=7881

I don't think anybody thinks the uniform will cause them to play better. Sticking by this arguement makes you short sighted. I already gave you several other reasons why is want to see the uniform changed.

"WHy is it other coaches and regimes come through Cleveland ththave won previously elsewhere but can't replicate it in Cleveland? I'll tell you. It's the uniforms. The are dull, boring and uninteresting. If we had a logo, and some new unis to go along with it, I gaurantee the players would "feel" better look better and PLAY better."

--Soju 9/10/13

And they will go play somewhere else and we'll have 50 more years of 5-11 seasons. Fuck 5-11. Fuck Tradition. I want to win at all costs. If a cooler uniform pumps our guys up to win, do it.

--Cysco Kid 9/10/13

If you feel better you work better. It's as simple as that.

--Cysco Kid

Actually You said it.

In that article you linked, those players are saying it would be cool to change them up. I'm saying it's OK to change them up (Same colors, same helmet ... that's all I care about).

None of the players are saying they would play better.

It's a fucking ridiculous notion, you know it, and now you are backtracking.

You act like I don't want the uniforms to change. I don't care. Change them up. Just start winning.

But I'm telling you ... the helmet will be the same and the colors will be the same.

And if we start winning I bet it's because we finally found a fucking quarterback not because Josh Gordon woke up with new piping down the side of the unis.

Zombo

Perhaps, from a psychological standpoint, you could argue that a different colour would make them play better. At a guess, brown is a colour likely to make the wearer slightly more depressed. If they're surrounded by it, like on a line, it might have a compounded effect. But, of course, that's all extremely tentative guesswork. I'm no psychologist - I did a real degree and have a real job :P

You're deluded. Would you feel better at work in a burlap sack or an Armani suit?

If you feel better you work better. It's as simple as that.

I don't like wearing suits. I work in an office that is very casual, and that works for me. I'm a t-shirt and jean guy the rest of the time, so the Armani suit analogy is a bad analogy for me.

I don't like wearing suits. I work in an office that is very casual, and that works for me. I'm a t-shirt and jean guy the rest of the time, so the Armani suit analogy is a bad analogy for me.

Who cares? Substitute whatever you like for Armani suit and leave burlap sack alone. Which do you prefer? It doesn't matter anyway. You guys love the uniform, that's great. Hoopty damn doo doo. A lot of people would also like to see a bit of a change.

Who cares? Substitute whatever you like for Armani suit and leave burlap sack alone. Which do you prefer? It doesn't matter anyway. You guys love the uniform, that's great. Hoopty damn doo doo. A lot of people would also like to see a bit of a change.

The 50 somethings get so mad about the uniform it cracks me up, When Otto and Jim was a round...Just stop you are talking over 50 yrs ago!!!!! Come on man

Last time we won anything was 1964. how many people remember that game on this board????

Browns first 4 championships 1946-1949 THEY WORE WHITE HELMETS

browns last 4 championships 1950,54,55,64 THE WORE ORANGE HELMETS

We the Browns say fuck tradition, and we have changed the Helmet over the cours e the past 15 yrs look it up!!! We also changed the face mask as well

According to all you tradition people The Browns will wear White Helmets for home games and orange helmets for away games. Thats tradition right???? Thats when the Browns were winning wayyyyyyback in there was no Color TV.

Even better!!!!!! Change Our tradition says no change thats what you want ok...

Give me your nice TV that you watch the Browns on Sunday with, and your Smart phone, and your laptop, computer. Because Traditionalist dont need that stuff

Because....the browns....blow. that's why. Try to spark a change from somewhere. They. Suck. The glory days are over a long long time ago. Cleveland is my home so I can't root for the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Baltimore ravens but this isn't Jim browns team anymore. Jim Brown is a septegenarian. Brian sipe had his one good season the year I was born. Bernie led the browns to the best record in the NFL when I was what....five? Seven? The same old same old browns have sucked and looked crappy doing it my whole life. Unless a miracle happens and weeden shapes the fuck up in a real hurry they'll go 5-11 again. Go out and get the next Peyton Manning and I won't give two shits about the uniform.

You idiots know what's really stupid and gay? Living in the past! Most of us can't even remember the years of your treasured memories. They've got to give us something to be excited about and it sure as hell looks,like its not going to be a winning product any time soon

Here is the flaw in your logic: you apparently think that the Browns suckage is due to their uniform color scheme, and you apparently think that changing that color scheme will somehow magically change the Browns on field performance.

Now, if the competition the Browns were engaged in was, say "Project Runway" that type of logic might be applicable.

But this ain't project runway.

If every single NFL team were required to wear some variation on say the Penn State uniform, a single color jersey and a white helmet with a matching single stripe down the middle....one team with blue, one red, one green, one black, one yellow, one Brown, one orange, one teal, one silver, one gold, etc. etc. etc, and simply name the teams by those colors, the Reds, the Blues, the Browns,......it would not matter. What would matter is that the teams with the best players, coaches, schemes, talent evaluators, would be the team that win.

You apparently have lost sight of that fact while looking into your kaleidascope.

The 50 somethings get so mad about the uniform it cracks me up, When Otto and Jim was a round...Just stop you are talking over 50 yrs ago!!!!! Come on man

Last time we won anything was 1964. how many people remember that game on this board????

I do....and that is all that counts.

Browns first 4 championships 1946-1949 THEY WORE WHITE HELMETS

browns last 4 championships 1950,54,55,64 THE WORE ORANGE HELMETS

We the Browns say fuck tradition, and we have changed the Helmet over the cours e the past 15 yrs look it up!!! We also changed the face mask as well

According to all you tradition people The Browns will wear White Helmets for home games and orange helmets for away games. Thats tradition right???? Thats when the Browns were winning wayyyyyyback in there was no Color TV.

Even better!!!!!! Change Our tradition says no change thats what you want ok...

Give me your nice TV that you watch the Browns on Sunday with, and your Smart phone, and your laptop, computer. Because Traditionalist dont need that stuff

The don't need it....to watch a football game....or to have their team win a football game.

What they need to do is to concentrate on how to win football games.

If any team thought that changing colors meant more winning, we would have team color changes every other year.

No orange pants. Why not just install a disco ball over the stadium if you do that.

Sorry I have a soft spot for the orange pants. And there could be many different combos using orange, brown and white. At any rate, I think we can all agree that no matter what tweaks they do to the uniform, don't screw with the helmet, and don't put a damn logo on it!

Sorry I have a soft spot for the orange pants. And there could be many different combos using orange, brown and white. At any rate, I think we can all agree that no matter what tweaks they do to the uniform, don't screw with the helmet, and don't put a damn logo on it!

And babies have soft spots on their head..

Archived