THE BROWNS BOARD

I Love Uniform Talk

tampadawgs

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburgh hasn't deviated from their tradition, and has done it! Green Bay hasn't deviated from their tradition has done it! Their uniforms aren't exactly stylish, nor are their cities exactly sexy locations either! So quite frankly I don't give a shit about what these whiny ass overpaid primadonnas want! There are just some things where you just don't screw with tradition! And we as fans didn't fight for the the name, history, and colors just to go ahead and change everything!

Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly In the minority. Look around. Lots of products use yellow and black on their logos. Same with green and yellow. Find me some shit that uses orange and Brown in their logos. It's ugly and unpopular. You might hate to hear that but its true.

Players are old enough to remember those teams winning championships. I personally like the browns uniforms but we people that do are truly In the minority. Look around. Lots of products use yellow and black on their logos. Same with green and yellow. Find me some shit that uses orange and Brown in their logos. It's ugly and unpopular. You might hate to hear that but its true.

Brown: The football

,Orange, the pylon that means touchdown

10763819-goal-line-on-american-football-

football.png

So a team with the name Browns is going to have team colors that are, lets say teal and black because in your mind that will make the players feel better about themselves?

There are about a million flaws in your logic but lets start with the first one. You're saying having a team named after a color and then not having the fucking color be used in the uniforms? Do you not see how lame that is?

And thank God it's not up to you either. I certainly won't throw myself off a bridge over a football team, trust me. I'm also willing to bet that since the helmet isn't changing (new ownerships own words), the change you're suggesting isn't likely to happen.

first off i wanna know where you work?

armani suit? are you a lawyer, a sports agent or CEO of some fortune 500 company? sure 'black' people as you said can pull off an orange suit, but look ridiculous doing so. they do it to gain attention and try to set themselves apart in the media's eyes. if you came to work wearing an orange suit where i had worked in the past.....believe me you wouldn't be wearing it again. you'd be laughed out of the room. same way these 'black' people like to wear goof sweater vests with black rimmed glasses with no lenses in them. how's that going over at the morning meeting, steve urkell?

who feels better in a suit. i sure as hell don't. if you actually looked at what people are wearing to work in your generation for some of the most popular and most profitable companies in the past decades (not financial co's) but tech, ad and media, people are wearing surf shorts and concert tees. the more comfortable=the more productive=the more profitable. sure the big wigs gotta get dressed up once in a while, but did you ever see steve jobs wear a suit. hell the first ad agency i worked for had a video game room so when you needed a break from the 13 gour days you were doing as an intern you didn't feel that crushed by the 'man'.

i agree with a lot of things you say about the browns, but you gotta get off this uniform change shit because you are really starting to show your age and i think 33 is 20 years too high in your case.

If it were up to me is simply switch the home uniform to orange for a season and use the Brown as an alternate and see how well that went over. If it went over well the next season I'd use an orange jersey and a white helmet.

And again...thank God it's not up to you.

pay me $1 mil a year and i'd dress up like a french fry and stand out in the middle of a parking lot doing handstands all day.....(yeah, maybe i could pull off one handstand a day, but you get my drift).

just don't understand why it is SOOOOOOO fuggin important for the browns to do anything to the uniforms? i mean does it keep you up at night? you should worry about shit like GOD i hope there isn't another military draft or shit like, man i hope i don't get my fiat repossessed.

pay me $1 mil a year and i'd dress up like a french fry and stand out in the middle of a parking lot doing handstands all day.....(yeah, maybe i could pull off one handstand a day, but you get my drift).

just don't understand why it is SOOOOOOO fuggin important for the browns to do anything to the uniforms? i mean does it keep you up at night? you should worry about shit like GOD i hope there isn't another military draft or shit like, man i hope i don't get my fiat repossessed.

Because....the browns....blow. that's why. Try to spark a change from somewhere. They. Suck. The glory days are over a long long time ago. Cleveland is my home so I can't root for the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Baltimore ravens but this isn't Jim browns team anymore. Jim Brown is a septegenarian. Brian sipe had his one good season the year I was born. Bernie led the browns to the best record in the NFL when I was what....five? Seven? The same old same old browns have sucked and looked crappy doing it my whole life. Unless a miracle happens and weeden shapes the fuck up in a real hurry they'll go 5-11 again. Go out and get the next Peyton Manning and I won't give two shits about the uniform.

You idiots know what's really stupid and gay? Living in the past! Most of us can't even remember the years of your treasured memories. They've got to give us something to be excited about and it sure as hell looks,like its not going to be a winning product any time soon

Because....the browns....blow. that's why. Try to spark a change from somewhere. They. Suck. The glory days are over a long long time ago. Cleveland is my home so I can't root for the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Baltimore ravens but this isn't Jim browns team anymore. Jim Brown is a septegenarian. Brian sipe had his one good season the year I was born. Bernie led the browns to the best record in the NFL when I was what....five? Seven? The same old same old browns have sucked and looked crappy doing it my whole life. Unless a miracle happens and weeden shapes the fuck up in a real hurry they'll go 5-11 again. Go out and get the next Peyton Manning and I won't give two shits about the uniform.

You idiots know what's really stupid and gay? Living in the past! Most of us can't even remember the years of your treasured memories. They've got to give us something to be excited about and it sure as hell looks,like its not going to be a winning product any time soon

i get your point but nothing in your post suggests a reason for changing the uniform. do you think penn state will ever change their unis?

some things are more important than selling flashy jerseys (BTW if you think players are coming here to play via FA because of any uniform change you are wrong.....it's all about the dollar dollar bill ya'll). tradition being one of them. who cares what these other teams decide to do to their uniforms. they are not the cleveland browns.

would you want someone to come into your house look at the way your grandfather, your dad or you, let's say cook rice and beans or steak or whatever after generations of doing it the same way, and tell you to do it another way because it's a new technique but it will only change the flavor a little bit, except you and your family would taste the difference in a second and go along with it cuz it's a 'new' trend? you'd tell them to go fuck themselves. i guarantee it.

this ain't fashion week in NYC or paris. this is football.

Archived