THE BROWNS BOARD

Barkevious Mingo

Zombo

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260jraqaArs

BARKEVIOUS MINGO!!! :ph34r:

Well, this thread will be legendary one way or another.

Either I am a genius for screaming "No!" Before it actually happened...

Or I am forever known as the jackass who hated Mingo pick ....

Hoping and praying for Jackass.

Z

-- so what happens to Sheard?

Don't worry, Z... you'll always be my jack-ass... ;)

whats your guys thoughts on the honey badger in a browns uniform??????

...The Dawg pound and the honey badger would be the perfect match.....they'd feed off each other..

Mingo is a excellent pick - playmaker, highmotor, nose for the ball, great speed, blue-collar kinda guy - no Lebron James entitlement bull shit...

We gotta hope that we go up and grab Mingo's teammate Tyrann Mathieu here in the second. That would put our draft over the top. I'm really liking this pick of Mingo. Imagine what an NFL Program could do to develop his power and abilities, he could explode so much insane potential that it's really scary. I really think that between Mingo, Sheard, Kruger and Jackson that our LB group is going to go all out next year! We gotta get some secondary help now!

And here come the LSU fans who claim the sun shines out of Mingo's asshole and he's the best end in the draft, blah, blah, blah.

Mingo is garbage. Mathieu is worse than garbage.

Mingo is a Vernon Gholston queef, and we all know how Gholston turned out. He was absolutely shut down against Bama his entire career, recording 0 sacks and 13 tackles in 4 games. Considering how Bama is the closest thing to an NFL line he's ever faced, I would say he's a little overmatched. Taking into account he's going to have to gain around 20 lbs before he'll even be able to compete, this pick was an absolute waste.

If you're going to take a pass rusher, take someone who gets more than 4 sacks in his "breakout" season. Lombtardi got another fucking boner for speed.

Mathieu's best days were when he was playing opposite one of the best NCAA corners in the last 10 years.

This pick is great if you look at it the right way.

We'll have Sheard, Mingo, Kruger and Jackson roaming and rushing every which way while the BIG 3- Rubin, Taylor and Bryant clog up the lines. It's going to be a devastating defense. Horton heard a who, and it whispered..."mingo"...

We'll find somebody to cover opposite Haden but this was about getting weapons to attack the QB. Mingo is FAST and LONG and has a great vertical jump. He'll get hands all over the ball. Remember how annoying it was when Weeden was having all those tipped passes, well that us now. Our Defense is going to be dominant, possibly top 5 this year.

I like the pick, we took the best player at the 6 spot in the eyes of the Browns. There are question marks about every player in this years draft. So why not pick the man who is a freak. As for the Honey Badger I have been on Bandwagon since day 1.....With the Honey Badger we his what Horton called a Little men who can hit...

Getting Tyrann would be the icing on the cake for me as well. Dude is a baller. I'm getting the chills bro, hope this happens.

I'm getting to bed, gotta a lot of hoping for a miracle tomorrow. B)

And here come the LSU fans who claim the sun shines out of Mingo's asshole and he's the best end in the draft, blah, blah, blah.

Mingo is a Vernon Gholston queef, and we all know how Gholston turned out. He was absolutely shut down against Bama his entire career, recording 0 sacks and 13 tackles in 4 games. Considering how Bama is the closest thing to an NFL line he's ever faced, I would say he's a little overmatched. Taking into account he's going to have to gain around 20 lbs before he'll even be able to compete, this pick was an absolute waste.

If you're going to take a pass rusher, take someone who gets more than 4 sacks in his "breakout" season. Lombtardi got another fucking boner for speed.

Mathieu's best days were when he was playing opposite one of the best NCAA corners in the last 10 years.

...killing me, using sack count as THE metric to judge defensive players is completely bush league at best.....give me a player that disrupt plays one way or another, high motor, no quit, nose for the ball, great speed...

...killing me, using sack count as THE metric to judge defensive players is completely bush league at best.....give me a player that disrupt plays one way or another, high motor, no quit, nose for the ball, great speed...

Using a sack count for a pass rushing prospect seems to be a pretty good measuring stick.

Nice try, dickweed.

You can have your high motor, no quit pass rusher who's 25 lbs too light. If I want to watch Aarom Maybin play, I'll just watch the Bengals preseason.

Have to disagree man. Mingo was double teamed a lot in college and wasn't utilized the same way he will be by Horton. I liked Dion Jordan and wanted him over Mingo, but I'm not upset they stuck to their guns.

He's going to need to get in the weight room and bulk up, but he'll be a contributor. I don't doubt that.

He will have 4-5 sacks in his rookie year, then never break 3 SPS.

c'mon 3CPO it's not as bad as a WV WR @6. or a WV QB geno smith or a manuel pick. hell buffalo could have a steal or a bust.

has geno smith even been picked yet (no, first round over).

out of all the physically big guys here on the board (you), i thought at least you, would be loving this pick.

long tall and big wingspan...jayson taylor?

you didn't like the thought of a CB but wouldn't have minded a 3rd round rated QB @6?

i'm not promising anything (now if it was millner i would be) but i really believe that if you believe in horton, then you gotta believe in this pick. believe me it wasn't banner or lombardi having as much pull on this pick than it was horton. still wanted millner BUT i'm expecting GREAT things from this kid next year. ain't no play option QB getting on the outside trying to turn the corner with this dude comin at him with an easy arm tackle or a broken spine.

Really you think 2 gallons of milk is going to make a fucking differnce? Besides, he'll beef up a lot once football and training are all he has to focus on. Strength and conditioning coaches get paid for a reason. Who really knows how big he can get he's only 22 he'll be 23 years old in October. Anyways there have been plenty and by that I mean a LOT of great Linebackers that have played at 241 lbs. he may even get bigger...

Using a sack count for a pass rushing prospect seems to be a pretty good measuring stick.

Nice try, dickweed.

You can have your high motor, no quit pass rusher who's 25 lbs too light. If I want to watch Aarom Maybin play, I'll just watch the Bengals preseason.

how hard is it to put on 25lbs???..........your thinking is limited if you focus on sack count....as a defense: GET TO THE F-ing ball, just get to the F-ing ball....quickness, speed, high motor does that...

Watching LSU complete games where Mingo is highlighted on every defensive play all I noticed was a guy who QUITS on way to many plays. :blink:

Did you really watch it? Here let me point out the highlights:

1:04

1:20

1:27

1:50

2:38

5:33

5:48

6:22

7:43

7:50

8:05

8:35

8:56

9:26

10:00

12:20

15:05

15:30

15:55

17:00

17:20

18:00

18:28

20:15

20:38

21:05

21:38

22:28

23:28

how hard is it to put on 25lbs???..........your thinking is limited if you focus on sack count....as a defense: GET TO THE F-ing ball, just get to the F-ing ball....quickness, speed, high motor does that...

Of muscle? On his body frame, it's almost impossible.

Sure, he can eat Big Mac's until August, but them he'll be running a 5.4 40.

The reason he's so quick is because he's lighter than everyone else at that position. His measurables aren't that impressive in other aspects beside the 40, he barely cracked the top 5 in broad jump, vertical, etc.

Once he puts on 25 lbs, his 4.5 becomes a 4.8. Then he puts on pads and it becomes a 4.9.

So we get an undersized pass rusher with minimal sacks and tackles because he's fast, and ask him to put on weight and lose his speed.

Makes sense.

c'mon 3CPO it's not as bad as a WV WR @6. or a WV QB geno smith or a manuel pick. hell buffalo could have a steal or a bust.

has geno smith even been picked yet (no, first round over).

out of all the physically big guys here on the board (you), i thought at least you, would be loving this pick.

long tall and big wingspan...jayson taylor?

you didn't like the thought of a CB but wouldn't have minded a 3rd round rated QB @6?

i'm not promising anything (now if it was millner i would be) but i really believe that if you believe in horton, then you gotta believe in this pick. believe me it wasn't banner or lombardi having as much pull on this pick than it was horton. still wanted millner BUT i'm expecting GREAT things from this kid next year. ain't no play option QB getting on the outside trying to turn the corner with this dude comin at him with an easy arm tackle or a broken spine.

I never wanted any QB at 6. I never wanted any player at 6. I wanted us to trade down and get a second round pick.

There's no top level, cant miss playmakers in this draft past Joeckel and Fisher. There's a fuck load of potential and raw talent. If we could have added a second rounder and maybe another third, we could have been in great position.

Personally, I wanted to see a trade back with Arizona or someone in the teens and pick up a second rounder. Then go Rhodes, Manuel in the second and either Rambo or Swearinger in the third. With Sheard, Kruger, Groves and Jackson, our pass rush is passable, maybe even good.

I think an all around backer is what we need moreso than a pass rusher. Kruger and Sheard are both question marks when it comes to all around ability.

Of muscle? On his body frame, it's almost impossible.

Sure, he can eat Big Mac's until August, but them he'll be running a 5.4 40.

The reason he's so quick is because he's lighter than everyone else at that position. His measurables aren't that impressive in other aspects beside the 40, he barely cracked the top 5 in broad jump, vertical, etc.

Once he puts on 25 lbs, his 4.5 becomes a 4.8. Then he puts on pads and it becomes a 4.9.

So we get an undersized pass rusher with minimal sacks and tackles because he's fast, and ask him to put on weight and lose his speed.

Makes sense.

The kid is 23 years old, putting on 25lbs and keeping his speed, won't be difficult with NFL trainers ...agree with the Jason Taylor comment.

The Browns were in a position to get a great football athlete, good pick for the Browns...They've done alot worst in the pass..

The kid is 23 years old, putting on 25lbs and keeping his speed, won't be difficult with NFL trainers ...agree with the Jason Taylor comment.

The Browns were in a position to get a great football athlete, good pick for the Browns...They've done alot worst in the pass..

He is very much like Taylor, I agree. Similar stats, although Taylor was a consensus All American in college and Mingo was not.

Taylor was also a third round project DE, not a top 10 pick.

Do you see the point yet?

You don't take an undersized project pass rusher with minimal stats in the top 10. He would have made it to 11 or 12 and we could have gotten a second rounder in the process.

He is very much like Taylor, I agree. Similar stats, although Taylor was a consensus All American in college and Mingo was not.

Taylor was also a third round project DE, not a top 10 pick.

Do you see the point yet?

You don't take an undersized project pass rusher with minimal stats in the top 10. He would have made it to 11 or 12 and we could have gotten a second rounder in the process.

Taylor played college ball at Akron, he was a man among boys (easier to stand-out if your a badass and your conference isn't)

Mingo played ball in a conference that's having "arms race" for talent among it's respective schools...Tonight's 1st round draft had 13 players selected from the SEC...

Mingo was not just highly rated by the Browns, but by MANY teams/scouts. I like the pick...we just got a fast & aggressive football player who is of good character & presents himself intelligently in addition to his athletic ability.

Is there potential for him to be a bust? CERTAINLY, as with EVERY player in the draft, but we went out & drafted one of the highest rated (by experts) players in this draft. That's a great thing.

As I have stated before, NONE of us have the knowledge of the Pros who scouted & selected Mingo, so why not wait & see what he DOES on the field before making asses of ourselves by being "judge & jury". As I stated before, I like the pick but I won't guarantee his success. I just hope that those of you guaranteeing his failure are big enough to acknowledge you were wrong if & when he DOES succeed.

Mike

Archived