THE BROWNS BOARD

Barkevious Mingo

Zombo

Those names (with the exception of Doomsday) were in relation to how they played.

If the Browns prove to play like swarming zombies, then that would be an apt name. Preemptively nicknaming them is sad. Let them play into a nickname.

So, you are saying that for years when the Detroit Lions had a sieve of a defense, their nickname of "Dandy Lions" was well apt?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like "The Orange Horde" myself.

And don't forget this guy:

daniel-boone-and-mingo.jpg

For those of you old enough to remember....or even if you are not old enough. The character of Mingo played by Ed Ames was actually half white...and Oxford educated.

and i think he was a better singer than an actor.

talk about a zombie. fess parker looks about as excited and 'in character' in that screen shot as a prison yard walker in the walking dead.

Horde is another term for zombies, I thought you might like that one Gipper...

talk about a zombie. fess parker looks about as excited and 'in character' in that screen shot as a prison yard walker in the walking dead.

Dude is wearing a coonskin cap. You would look that way too if you had to wear one of those. And this guy played Davy Crockett too....whom FYI, never wore a coonskin cap. And also, Daniel Boone never wore coonskin caps. In fact, he hated them.

Me too. My favorite Ames Brothers' song was "The Naughty Lady of Shady Lane"

Mike

Mingo will get coached up & his height, speed & flexibility will help a great deal gaining leverage. I think he'll be fun to watch.

Mike

Mingo will get coached up & his height, speed & flexibility will help a great deal gaining leverage. I think he'll be fun to watch.

Mike

Wimbley was coached up too and still average...

Savage was an idiot.

Mingo is not Wimbley.

Savage handed the Raven an All Pro Nose Tackle so he could draft Wimbley because he was a high character guy.

Glad those days are over.

Z

didnt have Horton as a DC

Why are you guys making such a big deal about Horton? He isnt lebeau and our corners werent living up to potential. Carnell Lake on the other hand is killing it. He could work in Cleveland but i was never impressed with him. As far as shark thomas is concerned i think hes gonna be a beast. The dude is a heat seeking missile, hes just small at 5`9.

Why are you guys making such a big deal about Horton? He isnt lebeau and our corners werent living up to potential. Carnell Lake on the other hand is killing it. He could work in Cleveland but i was never impressed with him. As far as shark thomas is concerned i think hes gonna be a beast. The dude is a heat seeking missile, hes just small at 5`9.

He had the fifth ranked passing defense in the NFL last year, and that was with a shitty front seven.

He's going to be lights out in Cleveland.

Dick Lebeau was born before Hitler tried to take over Europe. He's done. You're done. And deep down ... you know it.

Zombo

He had the fifth ranked passing defense in the NFL last year, and that was with a shitty front seven.

He's going to be lights out in Cleveland.

Dick Lebeau was born before Hitler tried to take over Europe. He's done. You're done. And deep down ... you know it.

Zombo

The Cardinals dont have a terrible front 7 and pp7 is a monster. Adrian Wilson is also no slouch . I also put very little value on defense rank. The Steelers were the number 1 d last season statistically but they def werent the number one d.

If Ray Horton learned from Dick Lebeu and Horton is running the same defense, how is it Shamarko Thomas doesn't fit our D?

Let's hope Thomas is not our next Haloti Ngata, the one that got away,hell we gave away.. to a division rival no less.

Shamarko Thomas, from what I understand, is a Strong Safety....same as TJ Ward, but not projected as good as him.

Browns need a FS opposite Ward. That is why Thomas "doesn't fit".

To be a strong safety whose primary job will be to take on 6'5" tight ends at that size may be a problem.

The Cardinals dont have a terrible front 7 and pp7 is a monster. Adrian Wilson is also no slouch . I also put very little value on defense rank. The Steelers were the number 1 d last season statistically but they def werent the number one d.

Yea, sometimes defensive ranks can be misleading. Though I think in the Steelers case, their "basic" defense was still good, i.e they were 1st in fewest yards allowed, and 6th in fewest points allowed, but it was their turnover ratio that was bad. They only ranked 24th there, where in years that that defense...and the team were dominant, they ranked much much higher.

E.g.: 2010 when they were in the SB their defense was #1 in points #2 in yard and #2 in turnover ratio

In 2008 they were #1 in points #1 in yards #11 in turnover ratio

In 2005 they were #3 in points #4 in yards #9 in Turnover ration

And in point differential in 2010 they were 3rd, 2008 5th, 2005 5th, but in 2012 only middle of the pack at 14th.

Of course, their offense dropped off some as well. In both 2005 and 2008 they ranked 9th in offensive points. In 2010 they were 12th.

But in 2011 they were 21st and in 2012 they were 22d.

So, the combination of mediocre to below average offense....and now no longer being a ball hawking defense makes them a mediocre team.

And who knows if they will get better in those areas.

Yea, sometimes defensive ranks can be misleading. Though I think in the Steelers case, their "basic" defense was still good, i.e they were 1st in fewest yards allowed, and 6th in fewest points allowed, but it was their turnover ratio that was bad. They only ranked 24th there, where in years that that defense...and the team were dominant, they ranked much much higher.

E.g.: 2010 when they were in the SB their defense was #1 in points #2 in yard and #2 in turnover ratio

In 2008 they were #1 in points #1 in yards #11 in turnover ratio

In 2005 they were #3 in points #4 in yards #9 in Turnover ration

And in point differential in 2010 they were 3rd, 2008 5th, 2005 5th, but in 2012 only middle of the pack at 14th.

Of course, their offense dropped off some as well. In both 2005 and 2008 they ranked 9th in offensive points. In 2010 they were 12th.

But in 2011 they were 21st and in 2012 they were 22d.

So, the combination of mediocre to below average offense....and now no longer being a ball hawking defense makes them a mediocre team.

And who knows if they will get better in those areas.

Oh Gipper, they will be back to their old ways on defense and with the drafting of Bell and Wheaton im not too worried abiutthe offense either. The Browns will still be bringing up the rear in the north. i cant wait for Sharmarko Thomas to bite you all in the ass.

Archived