THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns V. Bills

Shep

I'm not a football expert, so my predictions are coming from my heart and not my head.

There are only two NFL teams I care about --

1a. Buffalo Bills

1b. Cleveland Browns

It distresses me to think that one of them has to lose Thursday night. But if I must, I predict...

Bills 3

Browns 2

If that's the score I think both cities will be sick. Cleveland more than Buffalo lol.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, how has Robert Woods been looking. I see he put up big numbers last week. I'm an USC guy and loved him when he was here... Thinking about picking him up on waivers as a third receiver in my fantasy league. Is he getting looks?

He has look pretty good this year even though no 100 yards rec yet. Manuel keeps missing him quite a bit over throwing him and keep going outta bounces when he is open, his numbers would be much higher. He get's open alot. I wouldn't start him this week though your Defense is tough! LOL But it is up too you.

Classy post. Good to know that all Bills fans arent like the group of idiots in our section last year. Shit you almost make me feel bad about my other post but that guy was kinda asking for it.

Thanks lol, a couple years ago I called out some nasty Bill's fan on Raiders message board and helped the Raiders people out lol, people should not be acting like that.

If the Bills can't run, and I'm betting they can't, it puts a ton of heat on Manuel. He hasn't been asked to throw very much and now he's facing one of the best pass rush teams in the NFL (3rd with 14).

Bit of a science problem for the Bills offense.

Manuel should make sure he goes to mass several time before Sunday with a heavy emphasis on praying to Saint Jude.

First hometown primetime game since 2009 will have the Browns crowd rocking. Browns dominate a banged up Bills team 31-10

StJudeThaddeus.jpg

What I do not understand is that some Bills fans think they can run on the Browns. Some say because Spiller has speed.

Miller from Miami has a Ton of speed did nothing, Ray Rice Nothing, AP Nothing ( The Best Runningback in the NFL and they were at home) Benard has a shitload of speed did nothing...

So it does not really matter who is running for the Bills

Speaking of Haden- how about he has gone against Green, Jennings, Smith, Wallace Guess how many Tds he has aloud ZERO less than 300 yards in 4 games!!!!!

Browns 24- 3 TDS 1 FG Gordon 160 2 tds Cameron 60 1 td

Bills 15 5 field goals

I'm not a football expert, so my predictions are coming from my heart and not my head.

There are only two NFL teams I care about --

1a. Buffalo Bills

1b. Cleveland Browns

It distresses me to think that one of them has to lose Thursday night. But if I must, I predict...

Bills 3

Browns 2

now that would be classic. just hoping it's be the browns 3 buffalo 2.

respect for buffalo. blue collar rust belt. brothers in arms until we play each other.

It wasn't very long ago (or doesn't seem long ago) that we scrimmaged the Bills every year in training camp. These two cities have always worked well together.....EXCEPT on game night.

Mike

The Browns ought to win Thursday, but nobody should take it for granted. Most people didn't think the Browns could beat Cinci, and they did. I just don't see Spiller breaking the Browns 4th-ranked run defense when AP couldn't do it. I expect we'll see more production our of McGahee out of the backfield and the Browns will be able to present the semblance of a balanced offense. Manuel's stats are nothing to write home about, and I don't see him being effective at all with our front 7 in his face.

Anyone know if the game will be available for Sunday Ticket subscribers?

Hey hey hey football fans!!!

*disclaimer* I'm a Bills fan...Browns are my #2 team...talk about a glutton for punishment, but misery loves company!

I am amped up for Thursday! Even if the Bills lose...IF...I probably won't be the unbearable bas*ard my wife has come to know and lover over the last decade of disappointment.

Anyway...Gotta give props to the way Cleveland is handling their binness! I really like the staff y'all have put together and the talent, like Buffalo, is coming around. Hayden is a blanket, Jackson is a manbeast, Cameron looks like a faster version of Gronk and Hoyer is, well...let's not go too far...TBD, but he did have the luxury of learning from one of the greats in *NE for a couple seasons! Turner is finally back where he belongs as an OC and I love Horton's D.

Ok, enough with inflating your collective egos...Here's how I see things shaking out (match-ups):

Coaching - I know nothing about Chuddy and from what I've seen of Marrone, @ 'Cuse and B-Lo, I have to say, I am excited about this guy. No edge here for lack of knowledge on the opponent.

SJ13 vs Haden - Haden is boss, but Stevie makes a habit of making shut down CB's look average. There's no doubt that he runs unconventional routes and gets open... a lot! He owned Revis, who pretty mutch shut down every receiver he ever faced. Even if Haden gets the best of him, Woods is no one to ignore on the other side of the ball. Also, looks as if there is a chance that Goodwyn plays...I don't think you guys are deep enough in your defensive backfield to handle the load. Edge here goes to the Bills, not Stevie individually, but like I said, your lack of depth will hurt.

Our running game vs. your front 7: Spiller/Jackson dual threat, banged up but still dangerous. Baltimore stacked 8, sometimes 9, in the box and we still gashed a top 5 run D for 200+. A couple of variables here...which version of Spiller shows up? Rookie that dances behind the lines and makes unnecessary moves, or the 2012 , 1 move and burst through the hole, version. Regardless, I have to give you guys the edge here, simply because your D is playing lights out. Also, how banged up are FredEx and Thriller...TBD.

Historically, the Bills have been anemic with covering TE's. Not this year, but we've not seen anyone close to the talent level of Cameron. This worries me, but let's see if Pettine has legit answer. BIG edge to Cleveland here.

Looks as if the Byrd-Man, in all his douchebaggishness, will finaly play and McKelvin should return, so I have no worries with the rest of your offense. Gordon is good...real good...but Mckelvin has stood on his head this year, which is a huge surprise and major bonus as in years past he's displayed ZERO ball skills. You have no running game, but McGahee may have a little extra umpf facing his former team.

Oh, I forgot Kiko Alonso...his reaction time is so fast, he's already intercepted Hoyer. The Spaniard will go Gladiator style on you!

Close call, but I see it as the Bills keeping up the pace and catching you guys out of position and off guard. Also, I just don't think you have enough offense to keep up.

Bills 30

Browns 24

Hey hey hey football fans!!!

*disclaimer* I'm a Bills fan...Browns are my #2 team...talk about a glutton for punishment, but misery loves company!

I am amped up for Thursday! Even if the Bills lose...IF...I probably won't be the unbearable bas*ard my wife has come to know and lover over the last decade of disappointment.

Anyway...Gotta give props to the way Cleveland is handling their binness! I really like the staff y'all have put together and the talent, like Buffalo, is coming around. Hayden is a blanket, Jackson is a manbeast, Cameron looks like a faster version of Gronk and Hoyer is, well...let's not go too far...TBD, but he did have the luxury of learning from one of the greats in *NE for a couple seasons! Turner is finally back where he belongs as an OC and I love Horton's D.

Ok, enough with inflating your collective egos...Here's how I see things shaking out (match-ups):

Coaching - I know nothing about Chuddy and from what I've seen of Marrone, @ 'Cuse and B-Lo, I have to say, I am excited about this guy. No edge here for lack of knowledge on the opponent.

SJ13 vs Haden - Haden is boss, but Stevie makes a habit of making shut down CB's look average. There's no doubt that he runs unconventional routes and gets open... a lot! He owned Revis, who pretty mutch shut down every receiver he ever faced. Even if Haden gets the best of him, Woods is no one to ignore on the other side of the ball. Also, looks as if there is a chance that Goodwyn plays...I don't think you guys are deep enough in your defensive backfield to handle the load. Edge here goes to the Bills, not Stevie individually, but like I said, your lack of depth will hurt.

Our running game vs. your front 7: Spiller/Jackson dual threat, banged up but still dangerous. Baltimore stacked 8, sometimes 9, in the box and we still gashed a top 5 run D for 200+. A couple of variables here...which version of Spiller shows up? Rookie that dances behind the lines and makes unnecessary moves, or the 2012 , 1 move and burst through the hole, version. Regardless, I have to give you guys the edge here, simply because your D is playing lights out. Also, how banged up are FredEx and Thriller...TBD.

Historically, the Bills have been anemic with covering TE's. Not this year, but we've not seen anyone close to the talent level of Cameron. This worries me, but let's see if Pettine has legit answer. BIG edge to Cleveland here.

Looks as if the Byrd-Man, in all his douchebaggishness, will finaly play and McKelvin should return, so I have no worries with the rest of your offense. Gordon is good...real good...but Mckelvin has stood on his head this year, which is a huge surprise and major bonus as in years past he's displayed ZERO ball skills. You have no running game, but McGahee may have a little extra umpf facing his former team.

Oh, I forgot Kiko Alonso...his reaction time is so fast, he's already intercepted Hoyer. The Spaniard will go Gladiator style on you!

Close call, but I see it as the Bills keeping up the pace and catching you guys out of position and off guard. Also, I just don't think you have enough offense to keep up.

Bills 30

Browns 24

I'll bite. You havn't put 30 on anybody this year but you're going to against the Browns at home on primetime? EJ's gonna be running for his life with no run game.

For the Bills' fans. Don't expect to score much against one of the league's best Ds. They stop the run, they rush the passer, and they cover. Spiller's a game-time decision and Jackson is hobbled, too. Running will be really, really tough.

Bills' D is nasty, too. Could be an ugly-ass scrum out there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254189/article/cleveland-browns-defense-stifling-opponents-under-ray-horton

I'll bite. You havn't put 30 on anybody this year but you're going to against the Browns at home on primetime? EJ's gonna be running for his life with no run game.

Obviously I'm a bit of a homer...more like I want them to put up 30 and garner some attention rather than believing they will. I can see it, though...I think our D/ST will score this game, so 23 on O and 7 from D/ST. Is it really as far fetched as you think? If EJ will be running for his life, what do you think Hoyer will be doing without a run game?

If the Browns can establish the run and get favorable match ups for Cameron and Gordo, then it's a different story. Our D has proved to be pourous against the run until last week, albeit Baltimore abandoned the run after only 12 attempts.

If the Bills button it up and stop McGahee and get after Hoyer, it'll be a long day for him. Gordon won't see a #2 or #3 DB this week in Rogers if McKelvin is out there. Plus, Byrd is set to return to help out with Cameron.

Obviously it's all homerism heresay on either of our behalf, but when it comes down to it the better team, Buffalo, will prevail.

Ps. Putting up 30+ on Minnesota, with that putrid D, isn't very impressive...just sayn'

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Hahahahahahaa.

Ok, i'm honestly laughing my butt off at this thread.

I'm a Bills fan. But I'm not a homer. I don't just go on and on and on about how confident I am that my team is going to beat anyone.

Watching Browns fans in this thread talk about how "nasty" their defense is and how the Bills won't score points and how this "should" be a win has me laughing hysterically.

NOT because that's not possible. NOT because the Bills are a ton better. But just because - YOU'RE THE BROWNS! By the way, the exact same thing could be said to Bills fans if we were gloating, so i'm not being partial.

You guys got destroyed by the Dolphins (who the Bills beat last season), beat by the Ravens (who the Bills beat this year), almost gave the game away to crappy Vikings, and then had a good win against the overrated Bengals in the Ohio Bowl.

Where In the world is all this condidence coming from?

It's like the fat nerdy chick proclaiming herself prom queen.

Anyway, I'm not going to say the Bills will win. They may very well lose. I just had to share my laughter over the ridiculous comments in this thread.

May the less sucky team win.

Obviously I'm a bit of a homer...more like I want them to put up 30 and garner some attention rather than believing they will. I can see it, though...I think our D/ST will score this game, so 23 on O and 7 from D/ST. Is it really as far fetched as you think? If EJ will be running for his life, what do you think Hoyer will be doing without a run game?

If the Browns can establish the run and get favorable match ups for Cameron and Gordo, then it's a different story. Our D has proved to be pourous against the run until last week, albeit Baltimore abandoned the run after only 12 attempts.

If the Bills button it up and stop McGahee and get after Hoyer, it'll be a long day for him. Gordon won't see a #2 or #3 DB this week in Rogers if McKelvin is out there. Plus, Byrd is set to return to help out with Cameron.

Obviously it's all homerism heresay on either of our behalf, but when it comes down to it the better team, Buffalo, will prevail.

Ps. Putting up 30+ on Minnesota, with that putrid D, isn't very impressive...just sayn'

How much do we have to put up on Buffalo for you to be impressed?

Zombo

Hahahahahahaa.

Ok, i'm honestly laughing my butt off at this thread.

I'm a Bills fan. But I'm not a homer. I don't just go on and on and on about how confident I am that my team is going to beat anyone.

Watching Browns fans in this thread talk about how "nasty" their defense is and how the Bills won't score points and how this "should" be a win has me laughing hysterically.

NOT because that's not possible. NOT because the Bills are a ton better. But just because - YOU'RE THE BROWNS! By the way, the exact same thing could be said to Bills fans if we were gloating, so i'm not being partial.

You guys got destroyed by the Dolphins (who the Bills beat last season), beat by the Ravens (who the Bills beat this year), almost gave the game away to crappy Vikings, and then had a good win against the overrated Bengals in the Ohio Bowl.

Where In the world is all this condidence coming from?

It's like the fat nerdy chick proclaiming herself prom queen.

Anyway, I'm not going to say the Bills will win. They may very well lose. I just had to share my laughter over the ridiculous comments in this thread.

May the less sucky team win.

And there's an asshole ....

Zombo

Guest hahalaughlaugh

How much do we have to put up on Buffalo for you to be impressed?

Zombo

No amount.

The Bills suck too (and i'm a Bills fan)

Dropping 50 on us isn't impressive either.

Beat a good team and then let us know.

PS -- I respect Cleveland because you guys have the best damn morning talk show in the world! Rover's Morning Glory.

The Browns just beat the Bengals, everybody's boutique Super Bowl pick (not mine). I don't think the Bills suck at all, honestly. They're a tough out when their backs are healthy because their QB can run, too... and they have a nasty pass rush.

It's not hard at all to call the Browns' defense "nasty." Bucky Brooks just did. They're near the top in just about every stat (scoring, sacking, run D, pass D, etc.).

Guest hahalaughlaugh

The Browns just beat the Bengals, everybody's boutique Super Bowl pick (not mine). I don't think the Bills suck at all, honestly. They're a tough out when their backs are healthy because their QB can run, too... and they have a nasty pass rush.

It's not hard at all to call the Browns' defense "nasty." Bucky Brooks just did. They're near the top in just about every stat (scoring, sacking, run D, pass D, etc.).

Look at the offenses your "nasty" defense has played!

Dolphins - 25th ranked offense

Ravens - 28th ranked offense

Bengals - 22nd ranked offense

Vikings - 15th ranked offense

The best offense you played was the 15th ranked Vikings. Literally mediocre. And they put up 28 points on your "nasty" defense!!!!

(PS, the Bengals were no ones boutique SB pick except for in Ohio)

Obviously this is a different team from the one that started 0-2. We got Gordon back and Hoyer is heads above Weeden. Joe Flacco gave you guys the game. He threw 5 picks and you beat them by 3? Stevie Johnson (uncoverable according to some) last week 1 catch -1 yards. I'm scared as fuck. Please come back after the game. We will be here. Oh yeah you're QB completed less than 50% of his passes too. Haden is having nightmares...

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Obviously this is a different team from the one that started 0-2. We got Gordon back and Hoyer is heads above Weeden. Joe Flacco gave you guys the game. He threw 5 picks and you beat them by 3? Stevie Johnson (uncoverable according to some) last week 1 catch -1 yards. I'm scared as fuck. Please come back after the game. We will be here. Oh yeah you're QB completed less than 50% of his passes too. Haden is having nightmares...

Do you see me talking smack?

I said the Bills suck too.

Who you trying to convince?

Oh yes, the Browns are unstoppable! Such a different team! Hoyer is Tom Brady! The Browns defense is the pit of doom.

Hahahahahahahaha.

All I will say is that you can't just say "Flacco threw 5 pics" without saying "The Bills defense forced 5 pics" - But whatever.

Boo-shit. I've heard the Bengals lauded all over the universe, man. They were ESPN darlings until the Browns' win. Even after it, on NFLN, they were saying the Bengals have to "win games like that" to prove they're serious contenders.

And the Browns contributed to the Bengals ranking, BTW. They shut'em down. The Bills' offense is nothing remotely close to the Bengals, talent-wise. So expect fewer than 6 points (!).

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Yes you're talking smack. Do I need to explain it? Ok the bills forced 5 picks and beat them by 3. Happy?

Yeah, the Bills suck man. No one's arguing lol.

This is the suck bowl.

Simple- if the Bills can't effecively run the ball, and expect Manuel to win the game, you're in trouble.

If the Browns can give Hoyer adequate time to throw the ball, again, trouble for the Bills. The Browns have relied mostly on quick crossing routes, capatalizing on Hoyers ability to get the ball out quickly. Then it's Cameron or Gordon time over the top. Hoyer does have enough arm to throw the ball deep.

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Boo-shit. I've heard the Bengals lauded all over the universe, man. They were ESPN darlings until the Browns' win. Even after it, on NFLN, they were saying the Bengals have to "win games like that" to prove they're serious contenders.

And the Browns contributed to the Bengals ranking, BTW. They shut'em down. The Bills' offense is nothing remotely close to the Bengals, talent-wise. So expect fewer than 6 points (!).

No, they weren't. You just perceive it that way because youre rivals. No one outside of Ohio was even looking at the Bengals lol. In fact, I just saw an article talking about how unimpressive Dalton has been all year.

LOL. And the Vikings offense is on par with the Bills. So we should expect 28 points? HA.

You haven't faced a good offense all year. They've all sucked. The Bills offense sucks too so you won't face a good one this week either.

So you're "nasty" D will be able to pretend yet again.

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Simple- if the Bills can't effecively run the ball, and expect Manuel to win the game, you're in trouble.

If the Browns can give Hoyer adequate time to throw the ball, again, trouble for the Bills. The Browns have relied mostly on quick crossing routes, capatalizing on Hoyers ability to get the ball out quickly. Then it's Cameron or Gordon time over the top. Hoyer does have enough arm to throw the ball deep.

He sucks throwing deep. Wildly inaccurate.

Man, I just don't agree. Both teams are vastly improved and had strong offseasons. The EJ pick was ballsy and smart... but nobody's looking to give back sack-a-game Keke, either.

Neither is an offensive juggernaut... but they both have players on that side of the ball, too. The winner of this game could launch toward a Wild Card.

He sucks throwing deep. Wildly inaccurate.

Did you watch the games he's played in? I have to disagree.

Weeden is wildly innacurate I'll grant you that- but he won't be playing Thursday, barring injury.

Archived