THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns V. Bills

Shep

Do you just lie to make yourself feel better?

He has completed ONE pass over 40 yards. That's going downfield successfully on "several" occasions?

In fact, on passes over 10 yards, Hoyer is 9 of 19 (less than 50%).

Joe Montana won multiple titles and almost never threw the ball over 40 yards. That is a complete specious argument.

And what Hoyer is with his 9-19 is : 2-0.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't try to play the injury card. The Bills have played all 4 of their games thus far without their pro bowl free safety and their #1 cornerback.

2 games without their #2 cornerback.

You just played the injury card you told us not to.

2. The fact is: A. The Browns starting QB HAS been out because of injury (Weeden). Now maybe his is not the starting QB when he returns healthy, but he is still unofficially the starting QB.

3. The Browns were without their #1 receiver for 2 games (though not due to injury)

4. The Browns have been playing with their 3rd string ROG...and it showed in a couple of games, especially the Dolphins game.

5. The Browns gave up their #1 RB....ok, to trade, not injury. But the guy we all counted on to be the Browns #1 offensive weapon is not now playing for them.

6. The Browns have played without one of their starting LBs---Sheard, and one of their rotational linemen---Winn

So, you shuffled and dealt, all I did was take the action to the flop.

Let me go on record saying this: I love the Bills. I love (most) Bills fans that I encounter. They're a blue collar team with a blue collar fan base.

But come on.

We're not going to blow them out just like they're not going to blow us out. It's going to be a fun game, but neither of our teams are elite juggernauts that can impose their will on another.

Jairus Byrd isn't even the best safety in the state of New York. He's oft injured and is very weak in the running game. He finished around 40th in the league in tackles last year. He's franchised so he has nothing to play for and he hasn't set foot onto the field all year. I'm not worried about him.

Stevie Johnson is a good wideout but Haden should have no problem with him. This year Haden has faced the likes of AJ Green, Greg Jennings, Torrey Smith and Mike Wallace and has given up 0 TDs and less than 300 yards.

Woods, on the other hand, may carve us up. He's been a very solid #2 and has developed a rapport with Manuel. I'm starting him in fantasy this week again. The way I see it, if the Bills do score against us, I would like it to benefit me.

Alonso has been playing well and it's likely that he'll pick off Hoyer. However, that shouldn't kill us. Hoyer had a 3 INT game in his first start and still won the game. If he's shown anything, it's that he can shake off mistakes.

Spiller is my nemesis. In Madden, I can't defend him. In real life, he tends to have the same effect against my teams. Of anybody on the Bills roster, I'm most scared of Spiller.

Historically, our run defense has been lacking. Lately, we've picked it up. This game could go either way but I'm confident we'll hold him to respectable numbers. After all, we did limit Ray Rice and AP, and they are both in a different league than Spiller.

Manuel is the guy I wanted us to get in the draft. He reminds me of McNabb. He can run if he needs to but he'll beat you by picking you apart through the air first.

But Manuel is a rookie.

He's shown that he can get confused by defenses and he hasn't quite acclimated to the speed of the game. He will, I'm sure of it. But it just hasn't happened yet. Horton likes to run multiple fronts. I think Manuel is going to have a hard time with it.

All in all, this isn't a game we should lose based on our last two performances. But anything can happen, especially on prime time.

The Browns were really hampered the first two games. Not having Gordon, last year's two starting guards, or Mingo was a rough way to open up. Teams are usually at their healthiest for the opener but we were missing a lot of key players.

And Weeden sucks.

The Browns have 0 chance at a wild card.

You guys blow.

I don't understand this confidence from Browns fans.

You get blown out by Miami. Get beat the Ravens (who the Bills beat). Almost give the game away to a horrible Vikings team, and then beat the Bengals and all of a sudden youre a good team.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Are you all on meth?

Your. Team. BLOWS.

So does the Bills.

It's obvious you are troll but the Browns are tied for 1st place in their division, while the Bills are tied for last place in their division. The Browns aren't a great team, but they don't need to be to win the AFC North because there are no great teams in the AFC north. So what if they lost to Miami and the Ravens? The Browns beat the Patriots in 2010 after the Pats won the Super Bowl. Does that mean they should've won the Super Bowl in 2010?

And I'm not sure "lately we've picked it up" covers it: After 4 games, the Browns are the best run defense in the NFL (2.9 ypc).

That's through 4 games. If the season were over after 4 games we'd have a much better chance at winning a Super Bowl.

I'm not going to judge this team until I see sustained success. People are too quick to hype a player or coach or team after a few showings.

We've played very well defensively this season. If we continue to be playing as well after, oh, another 4 games, then I'd say we are a very good defensive team.

Right now, however, we're perennial bottom feeders who have strung together some good showings.

And also, Weeden and Flacco's stats were nearly identical in the a Ravens-Browns game, yet I've seen reports of a weak performance by him while nobody says anything about Flacco.

I'm just saying...he didn't play that bad against the Ravens.

It's obvious you are troll but the Browns are tied for 1st place in their division, while the Bills are tied for last place in their division. The Browns aren't a great team, but they don't need to be to win the AFC North because there are no great teams in the AFC north. So what if they lost to Miami and the Ravens? The Browns beat the Patriots in 2010 after the Pats won the Super Bowl. Does that mean they should've won the Super Bowl in 2010?

No. We are not tied for 1st.

Ravens own the tiebreaker. We are in second, with the tiebreaker over Cincy.

You beat me to it.

Somebody said Weeden's problem wasn't accuracy? It's one of his problems for sure. He was the least accurate passer over 20 yards in the NFL last year. Not a good thing when your calling card is your "big arm."

You use tiebreakers when teams are tied.

Zombo

You use tiebreakers when teams are tied.

Zombo

Which, by record, we are. We are tied for having the best record in the AFC North.

But it doesn't mean we're in first. We're in second.

I know you guys need something to cling to, so you'll cling to anything remotely positive (even when it's not true). But the fact of the matter is, we're not in first, and if we were it still means nothing 4 games into the season.

Which, by record, we are. We are tied for having the best record in the AFC North.

But it doesn't mean we're in first. We're in second.

I know you guys need something to cling to, so you'll cling to anything remotely positive (even when it's not true). But the fact of the matter is, we're not in first, and if we were it still means nothing 4 games into the season.

Well, they just need to break that tie on Thursday. Patriots play Bengals on Sunday and the Ravens play the Dolphins while the Squibs have a bye... pretty tough matchups for our division rivals.

By the way, I think Squibs is a very good moniker for the Steelers.

For those not Harry Potter fans a Squib is person born of magical parents but who is impotent and has no magic. So, the Steelers were once magical....but are now impotent.

Ya, let's just beat the Bills and we can celebrate.

Who does Baltimore play this week?

(checking)

@ Miami

Decent shot we are still in first (with the tiebreakers applied) a week from now if we win Thursday.

Zombo

You beat me to it.

Somebody said Weeden's problem wasn't accuracy? It's one of his problems for sure. He was the least accurate passer over 20 yards in the NFL last year. Not a good thing when your calling card is your "big arm."

That doesn't negate the fact that he had a decent outing against the Ravens. In fact, that has nothing to do with that. That is just you pulling up an argument to counter mine, because you know as well as I do that I'm right.

Listen, I don't want Weeden. He doesn't pass the eyeball test, he's too slow (mentally and physically), he has bad footwork, a long release and slow eyes. Hoyer, from what has been shown thus far, is the complete opposite. He's decisive and clutch. That's the guy you want at the helm.

What I want is for people on this forum to stop being blind homers and to be able to rationally discuss the Browns and other teams. It brings down the credibility of this place when everyone changes their default position from "this guy is amazing" to "this guy blows" in a matter of one week (see: Richardson).

Weeden was one dropped TD pass away from having an identical stat line as Flacco. 21-33 0 TD 0 INT vs 22-33 1 TD 0 INT. But one sucked while the other was great? Come on.

It's just annoying when you sign on and have to log through 10 pages of "Richardson sucks and is the worst RB in football" or "Every player on the Browns should be in the Pro Bowl". There are very few people who even post anything of merit anymore, namely you, Zombo, and a few others.

This board has become a joke and I hate it. This is the first place I went when my father died. The first place I go when anything sports related happens. It's a lot different than what it was even a year ago.

2. The fact is: A. The Browns starting QB HAS been out because of injury (Weeden). Now maybe his is not the starting QB when he returns healthy, but he is still unofficially the starting QB.

3. The Browns were without their #1 receiver for 2 games (though not due to injury)

4. The Browns have been playing with their 3rd string ROG...and it showed in a couple of games, especially the Dolphins game.

5. The Browns gave up their #1 RB....ok, to trade, not injury. But the guy we all counted on to be the Browns #1 offensive weapon is not now playing for them.

6. The Browns have played without one of their starting LBs---Sheard, and one of their rotational linemen---Winn

the only reason i mentioned those injured players was to emphasize the fact that more teams than the browns deal with players being out.

the only reason i mentioned those injured players was to emphasize the fact that more teams than the browns deal with players being out.

I left you speechless I see.

That doesn't negate the fact that he had a decent outing against the Ravens. In fact, that has nothing to do with that. That is just you pulling up an argument to counter mine, because you know as well as I do that I'm right.

Listen, I don't want Weeden. He doesn't pass the eyeball test, he's too slow (mentally and physically), he has bad footwork, a long release and slow eyes. Hoyer, from what has been shown thus far, is the complete opposite. He's decisive and clutch. That's the guy you want at the helm.

What I want is for people on this forum to stop being blind homers and to be able to rationally discuss the Browns and other teams. It brings down the credibility of this place when everyone changes their default position from "this guy is amazing" to "this guy blows" in a matter of one week (see: Richardson).

Weeden was one dropped TD pass away from having an identical stat line as Flacco. 21-33 0 TD 0 INT vs 22-33 1 TD 0 INT. But one sucked while the other was great? Come on.

It's just annoying when you sign on and have to log through 10 pages of "Richardson sucks and is the worst RB in football" or "Every player on the Browns should be in the Pro Bowl". There are very few people who even post anything of merit anymore, namely you, Zombo, and a few others.

This board has become a joke and I hate it. This is the first place I went when my father died. The first place I go when anything sports related happens. It's a lot different than what it was even a year ago.

Point taken TCPO I do wish some guys would be a little more objective & less smack talking. But regarding Weeden \ Ravens he almost pulled it out despite his deficiencies. I'll grant him he didnt have Gordon, and was targeting Stonehands Little instead. Doesn't make up for the fact he took a truckload of unnecessary sacks because he's slower than molasses reading a defense.

It's a moot point if Hoyer keeps playing as he has anyway.

I left you speechless I see.

that was weird. my response went inside your quote instead of below. but my point still stands. he holds several things against the bills despite being without the players i listed and he says 'we did this without xxxx and xxxx' about the browns.

Please God, give us a Victory Friday to welcome in the weekend!

Day late and a dollar short there, G....

Bills 3

Browns 2

When does the blizzard hit???

What I do not understand is that some Bills fans think they can run on the Browns. Some say because Spiller has speed.

Wrong runner.... EJ is the "runner" to worry about...

And at least we'll have the follwing to remember haha by... his most intelligent post....

Sat amongst a group of very knowledgeable Bills fans at last year's Bills game (how did we end up with two home games in a row?)

Great convo with one gent who works the player parking area at Rich Stadium (whose name now escapes me)... if you're here... Howdy...

To my eye this looks like a very scary game for us...

Short week...

Facing completely different Offensive and Defensive schemes...

While presenting very similar Offensive and Defensive looks...

As alluded to above, I think EJ is the difference maker this week... with his legs...

Gotta go do me some Tribe rooting now... later...

Definitely the right move. #HoyerTheDestroyer has the locker room, the city, and the FO on his side.

He gets it done on the field too.

80*F in Virginia today. I abso-damn-lutely wore my Browns hoodie into clinic. 2 Victory Monday's in a row.

LOL - My Victory Friday was meant to replicate the 2 Victory Mondays. That is what I meant, to give us a "Victory Friday", yes- we will need to achieve the victory on Thursday to have a Victory Friday. LOL about the confusion! :)

Here we go :

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/76852/the-sports-guys-thursday-nfl-pick-12

Football Outsiders has the Bills ranked no. 10 overall, a whopping 14 spots ahead of Cleveland (no. 24)

… if any city can host two consecutive home games that knock them out of the MLB playoffs AND blow their chance to take control of an NFL division in the span of 24 hours, it's Cleveland.

I actually love the Browns in this one. Sorry for spraying you with the skunk, Cleveland … but it's not going to matter tonight. You have to trust me. The pick: Cleveland 27, Buffalo 9.

Still thinking we're in trouble.

Look, I know we're turning the proverbial corner and we're going to start being good, I just think we're still missing a few pieces, so what we're seeing now is a precursor of what we're going to be.

I'm still (and always will) rooting for us to win this one, but for me the Jury's still out.

Archived