THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns V. Bills

Shep

True about the article, referenced on ESPN. But prior to that, ESPN and NFLN were up the Bengals ass all offseason and right up until the Browns game. I don't read Cincinnati papers, only Cleveland, and while there was respect for the Bengals I never saw any Browns writers gushing like the national guys.

No, they weren't. You just perceive it that way because youre rivals. No one outside of Ohio was even looking at the Bengals lol. In fact, I just saw an article talking about how unimpressive Dalton has been all year.

LOL. And the Vikings offense is on par with the Bills. So we should expect 28 points? HA.

You haven't faced a good offense all year. They've all sucked. The Bills offense sucks too so you won't face a good one this week either.

So you're "nasty" D will be able to pretend yet again.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahalaughlaugh

Man, I just don't agree. Both teams are vastly improved and had strong offseasons. The EJ pick was ballsy and smart... but nobody's looking to give back sack-a-game Keke, either.

Neither is an offensive juggernaut... but they both have players on that side of the ball, too. The winner of this game could launch toward a Wild Card.

The Browns have 0 chance at a wild card.

You guys blow.

I don't understand this confidence from Browns fans.

You get blown out by Miami. Get beat the Ravens (who the Bills beat). Almost give the game away to a horrible Vikings team, and then beat the Bengals and all of a sudden youre a good team.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Are you all on meth?

Your. Team. BLOWS.

So does the Bills.

Here's a key: The Browns have proven they can win with Hoyer and no running game. The Bills have not proven the same with Manuel. Hoyer plays like a veteran, makes pre-snap reads and gets the ball out. I'm an EJ fan but he's a rookie and hasn't been asked to do much.

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Did you watch the games he's played in? I have to disagree.

Yeah I did.

I also saw ESPN making fun of his deep throws and some still pictures from a Bills forum.

nwi8xPr.png

wOxdXbU.png

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Here's a key: The Browns have proven they can win with Hoyer and no running game. The Bills have not proven the same with Manuel. Hoyer plays like a veteran, makes pre-snap reads and gets the ball out. I'm an EJ fan but he's a rookie and hasn't been asked to do much.

The Browns have proven they can barely win against a crappy Vikings team and can beat a Bengals team which is a rival.

That's not the same as proven to win.

Yeah I did.

I also saw ESPN making fun of his deep throws and some still pictures from a Bills forum.

Fine I'll bite. Both of those passes were under pressure and into double coverage. There is such a thing as an intentional overthrow because those pictures clearly show the chance for a complete pass was really, really bad. Most browns fan aren't delusional, but Hoyer against a solid Bengals defense threw two TD's with 13 incomplete passes. Those types of stats are about 1000000x better than what we've been put through.

It's not confidence more than it's optimism. All the talk can be around how this streak won't last but until they lose we're all just riding the wave. Everyone said the same thing about the Indians and next thing you know they have a playoff game tonight. It's something crazy (Gipper can back me up) that 5-6 new teams are in the playoffs each season in the NFL. So why not the Browns? I think you'll be pleasantly shocked how good the Browns defense is.

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Fine I'll bite. Both of those passes were under pressure and into double coverage. There is such a thing as an intentional overthrow because those pictures clearly show the chance for a complete pass was really, really bad. Most browns fan aren't delusional, but Hoyer against a solid Bengals defense threw two TD's with 13 incomplete passes. Those types of stats are about 1000000x better than what we've been put through.

It's not confidence more than it's optimism. All the talk can be around how this streak won't last but until they lose we're all just riding the wave. Everyone said the same thing about the Indians and next thing you know they have a playoff game tonight. It's something crazy (Gipper can back me up) that 5-6 new teams are in the playoffs each season in the NFL. So why not the Browns? I think you'll be pleasantly shocked how good the Browns defense is.

You're lying or just mistaken. The first pass was a little under pressure but he had time. The second throw, into double coverage, he had TONS of time. He just threw it into double coverage for no freaking reason.

Hoyer's been really good. Not perfect... but really good. He's made some amazing throws. Has he missed a couple? Sure. But he HAS gone downfield very well on several occasions. Tough to knock him right now. Wheels could come off but haven't yet.

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Weren't both the Vikings and Bengals in the playoffs last year? Did they lose a lot of players?

Trust me: Both teams expected to beat the Browns and found out otherwise. So will the Bills.

The Bills were in the playoffs one year and 3-13 the next.

Pats won the SB and then went 7-9.

Prior year success means nothing.

The Bengals have one of the worst offenses in the league through 4 weeks.

The Vikings look like dog crap, only winning a game because they played the even worse Steelers.

You're lying or just mistaken. The first pass was a little under pressure but he had time. The second throw, into double coverage, he had TONS of time. He just threw it into double coverage for no freaking reason.

Do you actually have video of those throws or are you just assuming that too? Look I don't remember every play but again, there's such a thing as an intentional overthrow. I'll take a couple missed passes and a performance he put up against the Bengals every week.

Exactly- those pics may be totally out of context- and the second pass looked like it was on target. hahaha didn't watch the whole game I'm betting, but he should spend 3 minutes over on NFL.com and review the game highlights- two teriffic long passes, one to Gordon, another to Cameron. And he might want to take a look at how Haden shut down AJ Green who is arguably better than anyone on the Bills roster.

This guy is a troll. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Hahahaha like we don't know that already?

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Hoyer's been really good. Not perfect... but really good. He's made some amazing throws. Has he missed a couple? Sure. But he HAS gone downfield very well on several occasions. Tough to knock him right now. Wheels could come off but haven't yet.

Do you just lie to make yourself feel better?

He has completed ONE pass over 40 yards. That's going downfield successfully on "several" occasions?

In fact, on passes over 10 yards, Hoyer is 9 of 19 (less than 50%).

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Do you actually have video of those throws or are you just assuming that too? Look I don't remember every play but again, there's such a thing as an intentional overthrow. I'll take a couple missed passes and a performance he put up against the Bengals every week.

Yes, ESPN showed multiple angles.

Guest hahalaughlaugh

Exactly- those pics may be totally out of context- and the second pass looked like it was on target. hahaha didn't watch the whole game I'm betting, but he should spend 3 minutes over on NFL.com and review the game highlights- two teriffic long passes, one to Gordon, another to Cameron. And he might want to take a look at how Haden shut down AJ Green who is arguably better than anyone on the Bills roster.

Hahahaha like we don't know that already?

The second picture was pointing out he threw it right into double coverage. Not whether it was on target.

Do it, big bad Admin man.

Flex your muscles.

OK.

It's not like your kind comes back after the game anyway.

Zombo

--Some Kentuckian must have moved his inbreds to Buffalo

We haven't been "blown out" all year. We have had 4 halftime leads...

We lost to the 3-1 Dolphins, and the defending champ Ravens. Without our best WR...

Bills have won 2 games by a combined 4 points, both at home... And, lost to the Jets... And, it only took 5 interceptions to win a game by 3 pts...

I'm optimistic... not overly, just optimistic...

The second picture was pointing out he threw it right into double coverage. Not whether it was on target.

LIke there's no other qb in the league that doesn't throw into double coverage and hope his receiver can make a play on the ball? FYI Stafford does that all the time with Megatron.

PS there's not just one Mod around here- you're making 1\2 sense with your combacks, so I vote you can stay- however, I'm betting you won't show up after the game or on Friday should the Browns win.

We haven't been "blown out" all year. We have had 4 halftime leads...

We lost to the 3-1 Dolphins, and the defending champ Ravens. Without our best WR...

Bills have won 2 games by a combined 4 points, both at home... And, lost to the Jets... And, it only took 5 interceptions to win a game by 3 pts...

I'm optimistic... not overly, just optimistic...

Don't try to play the injury card. The Bills have played all 4 of their games thus far without their pro bowl free safety and their #1 cornerback.

2 games without their #2 cornerback.

Don't try to play the injury card. The Bills have played all 4 of their games thus far without their pro bowl free safety and their #1 cornerback.

2 games without their #2 cornerback.

I never did I just said the last 2 games we are a completely different team with Hoyer and Gordon. I just can't let people get away with stupid.

I never did I just said the last 2 games we are a completely different team with Hoyer and Gordon. I just can't let people get away with stupid.

oh. because you were responding to someone trolling that was saying that the browns were going to get 'blowed out' (emmitt smith-style). gotcha

No, they weren't. You just perceive it that way because youre rivals. No one outside of Ohio was even looking at the Bengals lol. In fact, I just saw an article talking about how unimpressive Dalton has been all year.

LOL. And the Vikings offense is on par with the Bills. So we should expect 28 points? HA.

You haven't faced a good offense all year. They've all sucked. The Bills offense sucks too so you won't face a good one this week either.

So you're "nasty" D will be able to pretend yet again.

Not sure which papers/tv shows/internet sites etc. you have been reading/watching....but the Bengals were rated preseason as the odds on pick to win the AFCN...(and they probably still are), and to test the Broncos/Patriots for AFC Supremacy. Go look up whatever preseason "Power ranking" you want to choose and you will see that is true. Now, they have probably dropped down in those power rankings...primarily due to their defeat at the hands of the Browns.

The Browns have proven they can barely win against a crappy Vikings team and can beat a Bengals team which is a rival.

That's not the same as proven to win.

And who have the Bills defeated? A Ravens team that was rated less than the Bengals. And the Panthers by one point? No more impressive than what the Browns have done. They have been in every game...but so basically have the Browns.

Archived