THE BROWNS BOARD

Do you buy Bullying in the NFL?

jrb12711

People kill themselves daily because of mental/verbal abuse. Just because you were born fortunate to take verbal abuse well others weren't. Look, if you want to sit there and tell me the league is being 'pussified' because of new rules, I'll totally agree. But you're not making players softer by cutting the shit Incognito obviously did to the guy out of the locker room. You can be nasty on the field and a regular, respectful human being off of it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin is mentally ill, why does no one see this? Anyone on this forum would have told the bully to go fuck himself, i don't care how big he is. There's no excuse for a grown man being bullied, take the ass whooping and be done with it, hell you might even give the bully an ass whoopin. Martin is the one who looks bad imo, he shoulda got some mental help privately. He should've none football wasn't the sport for him when he was younger, golf would've suited him better. What world do you people live in were everyone is nice to one another, i've met a thousand assholes in my day and been called everything from honky to the devil but i never cried about it and ran to others for help and lawsuits. This is all a scam so a mentally ill man can get free money and sit on his fatass instead of fixing the problem thats in his head.

I think we're agreeing that it's even worse that Martin has issues... and yet Incognito not only treated him like a dog, he persuaded others to do the same. And selecting someone as hateful and insensitive and, by many accounts, mentally ill as Incognito to lead a pack of mules, let alone humans, is simply idiotic.

I deeply, DEEPLY agree with Mary Kay on this one. Knowingly hurting someone and continuing to do it with the flimsy excuse of "toughening him up" is disgusting and sadistic. Supporting it is weird.

Hey Kevin: I've been appalled by some of the things I've heard come out of the Dolphins locker room. I spent the week watching clips of guys like Brian Hartline and Ryan Tannehill basically throwing Martin under the bus and defending Incognito. How do you stand there in front of a TV camera and criticize a teammate who left the team because he was in emotional distress? How do you bash a young player who's currently undergoing counseling and treatment for emotional trauma? Are you kidding me? I could not believe my ears. Here's what I wish I would've heard from Dolphins players:

"This is a tough situation for everyone involved. We don't know the whole story. We haven't heard from Jonathan or Richie yet. They're our teammates and we're pulling for both of them. We will reserve judgement until we hear from them. They seemed like friends. We didn't know Jonathan was in so much pain. We all hope everyone emerges from this okay. We are a family, and when two of our family members are hurting, so are we.''

Anyone who has criticized Martin for leaving the team and not manning up is sending the wrong message to victims of bullying.

I hope that was parody. If it was, it was brilliant! If it was real, I recommend that you never, ever express yourself to anybody ever again.

Oh STFU Shep. Listening to your whining all these years gets boring. Fuck the big pussy. Browns take Incognito.

Oh STFU Shep. Listening to your whining all these years gets boring. Fuck the big pussy. Browns take Incognito.

No we're not- with his track record Incognito is going to wind up in jail sooner or later. We're talking non-football issues. Sooner one of the women he messes with is going to nail him for gross sexual imposition. In case you didn't notice yet reading all the reports, the guy is a serious character risk. I'm betting money when the dust settles, Goodell is going to suspend him for a year.

There's no doubt that Incognito is a sociopath/psychopath http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy but there's also no doubt that Martin is a wimp http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/are-you-wimp and thats just as bad and can cause mental illness's like depression, anxiety and panic attacks which i think he has already http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200411/nation-wimps . I bet that martin will not be seen again after this is over, he probably won't even leave his mansion ever again and die a recluse like Elvis.

slowburn is the only one to come at this straight and un-ebated.

is rich incognito a great guy? no. but in who's eyes? the eyes of the lord jesus christ? is adamakuh Suh going to hell? don't know gotta ask tebow.

if you're not an actor and you try to play a character in a broadway production....do you think it will end well?

yeah incognito IS an ASSHOLE but i'd cut the whole right side of our OL right now to get him here. you think philbin didn't know about this shit? he started it and he will be gone at the end of the year.

FUCK PUSSY BITCHES THAT DON'T WANT TO PLAY..........BUT JUST GET PAID.

i'd threaten to fuck his sister in the ass too.

Uh... blech.

Yes, it matters more to be a good person than a good football player. I think you may have lost some perspective.

I personally can't cheer for dog killers or violent psychopathic bullies.

I can feel sad for Jonathan Martin because I've read since the draft that he has some emotional issues. That doesn't make him a bad person. He isn't hurting people. Incognito is.

It's a tough sports for tough guys. No shit. And unfortunately, more of them are vomitous assholes than we'd like to know. It would make it less fun to watch.

The stories coming out (from Gannon, Cleeland, etc.) are already bumming me the hell out.

god forbid he hit one of your surfer boy QBs.

oi!

dude this ain't no water polo we're talking about. i say the same shit to my best friends all the time. pouncey even came on the record as saying he was his brother and even let him call him the N word. all my friends who are white (like myself) greet and bitch and play around calling each other that word with an 'a' at the end. is it a nice word? hell no. who promoted it? the same people that bitch about the word being used by anyone other than a black person. but yet those black people are making their money either by rapping and selling huge $$$$$ albums around the world and they think little johnny in suburbia isn't going to buy it,listen to it, and rhyme along with it? what's the kid going to do, everytime the rapper comes out and says 'N333#r', replace it with a word like snigger? man this shit is long gone and all these uptight racist black people need to get over the fact that this word is being used by everyone and it's not used as a word of hate. sure if you're dressed up in a white sheet and hood and come crawling up in your front yard and light a cross on fire that's different. but steven a. smith and michael wilbon and other these other blow-hard black announcers or show-hosts need to get over themselves by declaring this thing a need for another hundred man march. reverse racism took over the day when the likes of don draper dropped dead.

as far as incognito goes, i betcha he lands on an NFL team before martin ever does again (he doesn't want to get hurt or hit, so he'll make his money in a lawsuit). and incognito was right, when the light of day hits the situation and the truth comes out he won't be the one getting hurt by it. every pro player i've heard from (that plays the game today, not some old fossilized dude like tom jackson who still carries the torch for everything black) says that martin was a punk and if he had a problem with incognito he should have stomped him.

guess he didn't have it in him. i'll sign incognito TODAY! at least he can play a position. unlike some on our OLine.

The only team where I have heard players saying anything negative about Martin are the Dolphins and honestly I only see them doing that to save their coaches ass. Every other teams, almost to a whole, who have been asked about the issue have supported Martin. As an example, ever person I saw from the Browns that was interviewed supported Martin, except for Bess who really didn't comment other than to say he was never aware of how Martin was being treated.

EDIT: I also like how Incognito sexually harassed a woman, (rubbed her vagina with a golf club, then rubbed his dick on her ass, and after she told him to stop he threw his drink in her face) during a charity golf event and he still remained as a lockerroom leader.

EDIT: I also like how Incognito sexually harassed a woman, (rubbed her vagina with a golf club, then rubbed his dick on her ass, and after she told him to stop he threw his drink in her face) during a charity golf event and he still remained as a lockerroom leader.

i never heard of this. if there is proof of it convict his ass.

he might had said it, but i doubt if it ever got touchy.

give me proof.

Disturbing comment on humanity when there really are people who support a total heinous fucktard like Incognito and say all his transgressions are even less real than the Holocaust.

My Dad used to take me to Chapel Hill Mall and say, "Look around: Most people are stupid, mean, and ugly." Yikes. He was right.

Disturbing comment on humanity when there really are people who support a total heinous fucktard like Incognito and say all his transgressions are even less real than the Holocaust.

My Dad used to take me to Chapel Hill Mall and say, "Look around: Most people are stupid, mean, and ugly." Yikes. He was right.

Completely agree...

god you guys are soft.

what happens when one of your friends calls you a fuck face?

you go in the bathroom and cry?

yeah the guys a dick. BUT AT LEAST HE CAN PLAY THE GAME unlike martin. so let's go pick people who are all nicey nice and pay them miliions of dollars to find out he doesn't like to get hit by opposing players.

the new PC browns.

fuck that noise.

and BTW anyone comparing this to the holocaust is a dick. and the line about people being mean ugly and stoopid? try living in NY you panzies.

Martin is mentally ill, why does no one see this? Anyone on this forum would have told the bully to go fuck himself, i don't care how big he is. There's no excuse for a grown man being bullied, take the ass whooping and be done with it, hell you might even give the bully an ass whoopin. Martin is the one who looks bad imo, he shoulda got some mental help privately. He should've none football wasn't the sport for him when he was younger, golf would've suited him better. What world do you people live in were everyone is nice to one another, i've met a thousand assholes in my day and been called everything from honky to the devil but i never cried about it and ran to others for help and lawsuits. This is all a scam so a mentally ill man can get free money and sit on his fatass instead of fixing the problem thats in his head.

Golf is the most mentally challenging game out there. End of discussion on that.

god you guys are soft.

what happens when one of your friends calls you a fuck face?

you go in the bathroom and cry?

yeah the guys a dick. BUT AT LEAST HE CAN PLAY THE GAME unlike martin. so let's go pick people who are all nicey nice and pay them miliions of dollars to find out he doesn't like to get hit by opposing players.

the new PC browns.

fuck that noise.

and BTW anyone comparing this to the holocaust is a dick. and the line about people being mean ugly and stoopid? try living in NY you panzies.

You got it Bro. Happy Veterans day by the way.

You're having a problem separating being soft from being a decent human being. But honestly, that's common as hell. Mean people do suck, always have, and they always have some weird philosophy amongst themselves about why it's actually a sign of manhood or toughness or something.

It isn't.

shep, i totally respect your opinions on this board. is incognito a scumbag? yep. did the coaches and FO know this before signing him? yep. is martin a puss cuz he doesn't want to play the game like it needs to be played? well in most people's eyes....yep.

man i stick up for the under dog everyday, the little guy that gets picked on, i'm the first to stck my face into a bar brawl. this is a whole different scenario.

when you have a whole table of players getting up from a table when you go to sit down, you know you aren't holding up your end of the bargain. that's what this comes down to. if the coaches can't get this guy to play hard then they put it on his teammates. incognito just stands out cuz he got caught with the text messages.

i'm sure there were other players saying the same shit to him yet they were smart enough not to leave a paper trail back to them.

when you have a whole table of players getting up from a table when you go to sit down, you know you aren't holding up your end of the bargain. that's what this comes down to. if the coaches can't get this guy to play hard then they put it on his teammates. incognito just stands out cuz he got caught with the text messages.

What bargain could you be talking about? That he didn't conform to everyone else so he deserved to have a bunch of grown men act like 3rd graders?

What bargain could you be talking about? That he didn't conform to everyone else so he deserved to have a bunch of grown men act like 3rd graders?

UH, NO.

because he's a soft little bitch that doesn't want to play the game. he'll make his money in his lawsuit.

now do i have to spell it out for you letter by letter?

jesus christ. what are you a bunch of pussies?

do you REALLY not get what was happening? time to shave your skull down so some knowledge can seep through it.

One of the guys who wrote an article a page or two back said that whole getting up to leave as the guy sits down thing was a running OL joke, and it happened to him plenty during his time in MIami.

could be a joke or not.

how long has he been there? is he a rookie?

either way, going into an NFL locker room as a rookie you gotta excpect some of this shit.

BUT when you can't perform and are a punk the hazing is done in malice BECAUSE you have not held up to your end of the bargain. i.e. signing a contract for millions of dollars to play against the biggest thugs on earth and decide he doesn't like to get punched in the face or throat for 60 minutes for a sixteen week period.

Archived